Driveclub video leaked - release date possibly June

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1373 posts) -

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/22/driveclub-brand-guidelines-video-leaked-contains-new-ps4-footage/

And before lems start crying delay club, how many x1 exclusives are releasing before June? Exactly

#2 Edited by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

Beyond stunning. Day fucking 1. Everyone is welcomed to join the P2M club, where by golly fun will be had by all.

#3 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

Those graphics are just stupid. Gawd Damn.

#4 Edited by kinectthedots (2007 posts) -

This might just be the best looking game I have ever seen

#5 Edited by Nightflash28 (2123 posts) -

This is what I imagined a next gen racing game to look like. I hope the little imperfections they mention like camera wobbles also translate into the game, not just for marketing / branding purposes.

From where did you get the possible delay to June? I thought this game was on track for a spring release.
EDIT: Doh, I should've looked beneath the video. Those visuals distracted me. :D

#6 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

This shit better be 60fps after this long delay.

#7 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Wow.

#8 Edited by masiisam (5721 posts) -

At this point I care more about the gameplay and community features than graphics. We already know its a good looking game. It's worrisome thats all this game is showing. The game might look great but if it has some weird alien turn physics...then i will pass in a second.

#9 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

http://www.vg247.com/2014/01/22/driveclub-brand-guidelines-video-leaked-contains-new-ps4-footage/

And before lems start crying delay club, how many x1 exclusives are releasing before June? Exactly

There are about 4 exclusive beings release for the XB1 before June. Thank goodness they've improved some of the graphics in DC. I wonder if it's still 30fps? The game still looks dark to me. There's a better video then this out there. The brand guideline crap ruins this one. I hope the game play and content is up to snuff though. Been waiting for a decent arcade racer. I'll have to compare this game with NFS: Rivals & The Crew.

#10 Posted by Wasdie (50002 posts) -

I really hope they spent a lot of time getting it to 60fps. A lot of PS4 games are running 60fps now, it would be foolish for a racing game to not be 60fps.

#11 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

This might just be the best looking game I have ever seen

LMAO.

#12 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

Looks good

#13 Posted by tormentos (18358 posts) -

@blackace said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

There are about 4 exclusive beings release for the XB1 before June. Thank goodness they've improved some of the graphics in DC. I wonder if it's still 30fps? The game still looks dark to me. There's a better video then this out there. The brand guideline crap ruins this one. I hope the game play and content is up to snuff though. Been waiting for a decent arcade racer. I'll have to compare this game with NFS: Rivals & The Crew.

And here comes Blackace damage control..

What 4 exclusive the xbox one has before June.?

#14 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Looks pretty epic and clean!

#15 Edited by Krelian-co (11204 posts) -

Now that looks like a next gen racer.

#16 Posted by bobbetybob (19291 posts) -

I'm waiting for proper gameplay footage before judging the graphics, GT6 had plenty of fancy looking trailers before it released and in reality it looks like poop. Not that I expect this to look like poop but it's silly to judge games based on replay mode and video edited specifically to make it look as nice as possible.

Also, is anyone else sick to death of that fucking song? Could they not afford to license some more music?

#17 Posted by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

Forza who? Projectcars what?

Driveclub is the new king.

#18 Posted by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

If what was shown is real gameplay DAYUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUM

#19 Edited by silversix_ (14800 posts) -

Wrooom wrooom this jaggies simulator is very jelly of DriveClub's graphics. Open the picture in full screen to see next gen jaggies this marvelous game offered our dear lemmings.

#20 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1373 posts) -

@blackace: what exclusives would those be?

#21 Posted by dreamdude (4615 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine:

That's the only thing I think whenever I hear news of DriveClub.

#22 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

Drive Club is just a silly launch title that was pushed back. Why count it as a 2014 exclusive as if it was intentional?

#23 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

I think you mean Drive Club is the new GRID.

#25 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2433 posts) -

Can't wait to play this on my delaystation 4

#26 Posted by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Wrooom wrooom this jaggies simulator is very jelly of DriveClub's graphics. Open the picture in full screen to see next gen jaggies this marvelous game offered our dear lemmings.

WOW, I was like hmmm that looks good but then I openend it in full screen...LOL, looks like sh*t, GT6 on PS3 looks almost the same.

#27 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

LOL, I posted this video yesterday. I must have access to leaked vids on Youtube. lulz

anyway as stated before, at 2:20 look at the reflection on the yellow car, then it starts moving but the reflections don't match anything around. That's because it is pre-rendered. FAIL.

#28 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Maybe a NFS: Underground Killer. You aren't going to kill Forza or Project Cars with a arcade racer. Are you stating that DelayClub will sell over 1 million?

#29 Edited by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Maybe a NFS: Underground Killer. You aren't going to kill Forza or Project Cars with a arcade racer. Are you stating that DelayClub will sell over 1 million?

Rather have a game that's delayed than crap that's pushed for launch like Forza.

And the game was going to be free on PSN. (I think)

#30 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Rather have a game that's delayed than crap that's pushed for launch like Forza.

You sound dumb. Forza 5 set the bar from the gate.

If Drive Club is no longer free it will be the biggest heist in gaming history. Lets hope they at least put gloves on the drivers bare hands. Im kidding, lets at least hope its no longer 30 fps.

#31 Posted by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

@draign said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Suppaman100 said:

If Drive Club is no longer free it will be the biggest heist in gaming history. Lets hope they at least put gloves on the drivers bare hands. Im kidding, lets at least hope its no longer 30 fps.

Set the bar? Lmfao, if you call a total rip-off setting the bar.

And hey let's hope the Xbone won't hold back gaming that much being a weak POS, that can hardly get TR at 30 fps.

#32 Posted by soulitane (13603 posts) -

@draign said:

Drive Club is just a silly launch title that was pushed back. Why count it as a 2014 exclusive as if it was intentional?

Because it's an exclusive releasing in 2014, it doesn't take a smart person to work that out.

#33 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

@soulitane said:

@draign said:

Because it's an exclusive releasing in 2014, it doesn't take a smart person to work that out.

At this rate, you have no idea when its releasing.

#34 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

@Suppaman100: you can't play either one of these games, last gen peasant.

When are we going drinking?

#35 Posted by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Suppaman100: you can't play either one of these games, last gen peasant.

When are we going drinking?

Lol who says I can't play on a next-gen system? And rather be a last gen peasant than a dumb lemming that's 30+ years and still wastes his time on SW.

Don't you need to watch your kid or something?

#36 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

@Suppaman100: why do you always make it personal?

#37 Posted by Draign (802 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@draign said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Suppaman100 said:

And hey let's hope the Xbone won't hold back gaming that much being a weak POS, that can hardly get TR at 30 fps.

Youre way off track (no pun intended). This isnt about Xbox One, Tomb Raider, or PS4. This is about the driving game Drive Club. The back drops are nice, but the cars and gameplay are wacky as all hell. Is this a driving simulation or an arcade racer?

Drive Club wishes it could be in GT's class, nevermind Forza. LoL.

#38 Edited by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

Not enough known about it's gameplay yet or how enjoyable it is to play. More needed.

#39 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

June!? Ugh i was hoping i wouldn't have to wait that long.

#40 Posted by UnbiasedGamerGS (32 posts) -

Looks amazing. Will truly be the next GT game.

#41 Posted by Suppaman100 (3946 posts) -

@draign said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@draign said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Youre way off track (no pun intended). This isnt about Xbox One, Tomb Raider, or PS4. This is about the driving game Drive Club. The back drops are nice, but the cars and gameplay are wacky as all hell. Is this a driving simulation or an arcade racer?

Drive Club wishes it could be in GT's class, nevermind Forza. LoL.

"the cars are wacky as hell" Lol it's not even out yet so let's wait for that. And it looks like sim/arcade hybrid.

But the only thing we know is that Forza 5 is a complete DLC ridden rip-off (same with GT6), and if you wish it to be like that...LMFAO. Forza 5 is also not on the level of its predecessors.(like GT6)

Forza and GT are the old, "been there done that" racing sims that turned into a complete rip-off. (and srs if you support such a practice, you're an idiot)

It's time for something fresh. And Driveclub looks like it has a good chance to bring that.

#42 Posted by MrXboxOne (743 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

DR3, F5, Ryse, KI, Titanfall and more.

Outside of indie games that no one plays, how many does PS4 have released?

#43 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@mrxboxone said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

DR3, F5, Ryse, KI, Titanfall and more.

Outside of indie games that no one plays, how many does PS4 have released?

Wow, at least put some effort into your argument. Only TitanFall is releasing in 2014 before June of those, and that's not even an exclusive. Are you even trying?

To properly answer Pinkie though, the Xbox One will have:

- Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare (timed exclusive)

- D4

- Project Spark

- Kinect Sports Rivals

on the exclusives list in the first half of 2014.

#44 Edited by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I really hope they spent a lot of time getting it to 60fps. A lot of PS4 games are running 60fps now, it would be foolish for a racing game to not be 60fps.

I would be willing to bet that it's still 30fps; Evolution don't really seem to care about frame rate so much as other racing game developers.

#45 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2101 posts) -

Drive Club will be the new "Gold Standard" for racers!!!!

#46 Posted by PAL360 (26939 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

This shit better be 60fps after this long delay.

Yep, i agree.