DriveClub Official Hype Thread - GS Review 5.0

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zero_epyon

Poll DriveClub Official Hype Thread - GS Review 5.0 (280 votes)

A 37%
AA 28%
AAA 22%
AAAA 11%

Drive Club Hype Thread

Game Details

Get ready for a PlayStation 4 racing game like you’ve never seen. Developed by Evolution Studios, the team behind the best-selling MotorStorm® franchise, DRIVECLUB™ is all about you and your friends. It’s about teamwork; it’s about everyone fighting for one another and earning rewards together – and most importantly it’s about sharing in the sheer thrill of every race. Enjoy the excitement of high-speed solo racing, or join a racing club to discover what DRIVECLUB is all about. Created specifically with the next-generation gamer in mind, DRIVECLUB leverages the networking power and social capabilities of the PS4 to seamlessly and immediately connect you and your friends, always allowing you to share your experiences, send and receive challenges, and keep up to speed with your team’s performance.

DRIVECLUB brings to life the heart and soul of car culture. An incredible, authentic and immersive PS4 driving experience, DRIVECLUB makes you feel the exhilaration of driving the most powerful and beautifully designed cars in the world; all rendered in staggering detail, inside and out as you race them in richly detailed real-world locations alongside your Club.

Key Features

Join A Club

Get more by playing within a Club and gain access to more special challenges and PS4 racing. Join an existing Club or create your own and team up with up to five other drivers. Everything they do helps you, and everything you do helps the Club achieve more. Unite together and represent your Club with customized team colors and logos for your cars.

Earn Accolades & Fame

Completing objectives and challenges, winning races, driving in every location or beating Faceoffs will all contribute to you and your Club earning Accolades. Accolades give you and your Club a multiplier to the Fame earned in every race, allowing you and your Club to unlock new content and take part in more races.

Take on Faceoffs & Challenges

Constant and varied challenges keep the game feeling fresh and unique, offering a pick-up-and-play gaming experience to suit every player’s lifestyle. Every section of every track offers a new opportunity to Faceoff with another racer in the DRIVECLUB community to earn Fame for you and your Club. Customize your experience by creating your own challenges, and share them with the world.

The World’s Coolest Cars

Hand-picked for their power and beauty, each of the cars in DRIVECLUB is a pleasure to drive, recreated with an insane level of detail and accuracy both inside and out. Personally customize the cars in your garage to show off your unique look or represent your Club’s colors out on the track.

Stay Connected with the MyDRIVECLUB App

No matter where you are in the world, you and your friends can stay connected 24/7 with the iOS and Android MyDRIVECLUB app. Keep pace with your Club’s performance, watch the races live as they happen, set and send challenges, plus check out all of the latest and greatest from the DRIVECLUB world.

Stunning Real-World Locations

Inspired by real-world roads from diverse regions across the globe, the racing tracks in DRIVECLUB present a variety of different challenges for every driver. Practice technical maneuvers on the open, fast-paced freeways of Canada, check your reflexes on the unpredictable UK roadways, or sharpen your high-speed steering skills on the mountain and dust-filled roads in India.

Videos

Action Trailer:

Conversation with Developers:

Reviews

Pending...

Release Date

October 7, 2014

Cost

$59.99 Full Version

FREE Limited PSN+ Version

• 
COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#151 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

Shouldn't be much hype for this game. Low amount of cars. Low amount of tracks. Was delayed multiple times. Guessing it will be a 5 or 6.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

meh, the fewer tracks and cars aren't a biggie. It'll fill in my nostalgia for older racers like NFS 1,2,3, Gotham, Vanishing point or Cruis'n USA. For a real racer I'll at least have Pcars on the PC but I will have very, very high expectations for GT 7.

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#153 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

7 sounds right. If the dynamic weather and everything was in the game I'd say 8.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#154 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

A at best and it will be overshadowed by the crew soon

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#156 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

Lol so cows finally got the poll down to "A" rating. Guess cows are really looking forward to this game much after all. Just a bunch of talk and graphics hype because they have no games to play.

Can't say i disagree with the "A" hype though. With all of the features Drive Club WON'T have, i can't imagine it scoring very well.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

There you cows go again, hyped this game since 2 months before PS4 launched ( Sony lied and said it was a launch game hahahaha ) and now you under hype it to the max.... Lilly livered cows, you're just no fun anymore. :P

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I thought this game was already out. This is still free for psn+ and you can just pay if you want the extras "full" experience? I will try the free game but I don't really care about racing games.

Prawephet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Prawephet
Member since 2014 • 385 Posts

@SecretPolice: I voted A. Mainly because anything under A wasn't there. I think even with A hype the game is going to flop.

Also, I haven't seen hype around Driveclub other than graphics(which are damn pretty). I don't think anybody thought this game was going to actually be better than Forza or Gran Tourismo in terms of gameplay.

I would vote below A given the game is launching completely bare bones. WTF have the devs been doing for the last year? It was supposed to be a launch title with everything they're promising will now be patched in at a later date. They missed that mark and they still aren't finished the game. Something seriously went wrong with the development of this title and I expect nothing more than a broken mess.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@sts106mat said:

this game wont even launch with a photo mode now?

wow, it was put back for an entire year and is still launching with a long list of "Oh we promise we'll patch that in"

Why not just finish the damn game before releasing it?

I propose a new Sony SDC campaign

SDCDC - Sony Delay Club Desperation Continuation

And yet lems couldn't wait to hype up Killer Instinct.

Glass houses, Simon.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 GrenadeLauncher

@humanistpotato said:

i voted A so we dont get upset when it flops

But the FH2 thread was so fun!

CrossFire245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 CrossFire245
Member since 2007 • 1085 Posts

I wish we could see who voted for what option. That way, we would know how many people are voting A yet posting "I'm hyping it AA/AAA."

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

A = 35%? Really Cows? That's no fun.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

what the **** does that have to do with anything i said?

Big shock you didn't get the point. Glass houses, Simon.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@sts106mat said:

what the **** does that have to do with anything i said?

Big shock you didn't get the point. Glass houses, Simon.

You still talking about Launch titles? Oh I forgot, Drive Club is a launch title also.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

I voted AA (8.0), just for lulz DC = FH2 etc etc.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20095 Posts

Drive Club Gameplay!

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 GrenadeLauncher

@draign said:

You still talking about Launch titles? Oh I forgot, Drive Club is a launch title also.

Yeah, they should have rushed it out to fill up a mediocre launch line up and released the other half in a year like Based Phil Spencer did.

@sts106mat said:

hmm, that's funny, because i still dont see your point. why dont you try and counter these instead of dodging the question :-

Was Killer instinct delayed = NO

Was the plan with killer instinct to add content after launch explained prior to release? = YES

Also, if i am in a glass house, please point out my posts hyping up killer instinct......go on.....i'll wait

Point is, they rushed out what is obviously a half-finished game then slapped the other half in a year later as "season 2." No problem with lemmings then.

Your precious Titanfall got a new mode a few weeks ago. I assume the game at release was unfinished too.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

Wait? Photo mode won't be at launch?

So, there's the PS+ trial version. The incomplete "full" release. And then ... whenever they decide to get the rest of the game out.. you get the full Driveclub experience.

With a full year delay in mind.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

I think it'll get a 8.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@freedomfreak said:

Wait? Photo mode won't be at launch?

So, there's the PS+ trial version. The incomplete "full" release. And then ... whenever they decide to get the rest of the game out.. you get the full Driveclub experience.

With a full year delay in mind.

This is crazy! They should just delay it again. No photo mode, replay mode OR weather in a game they are charging money for? That's asinine. What the hell have they been doing for the past year?

Reviewers are going to tear this game up for being so incomplete.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Whoever voted A is either a wuss cow or an extremely cynical person.

..or is a logical gamer. This game is launching with a number of features missing. To hype this game as 8.0+ is just damn foolish.

GrenadeLuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 GrenadeLuncher
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I think it get's a 3 for effort; too much hype and too many "patched in later" excuses to score anything decent...

Wait until you all see the physics, they suck big time.

Never thought I'd say it, but Forza looks better

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@GoldenElementXL said:

This is crazy! They should just delay it again. No photo mode, replay mode OR weather in a game they are charging money for? That's asinine. What the hell have they been doing for the past year?

No replay mode either? This is some basic stuff they're not putting in at launch..

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@sts106mat said:

found this on MCV , might be of interest if you are on the fence

..having a "free edition" is the best thing they could've done to this train wreck.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@draign said:

Yeah, they should have rushed it out to fill up a mediocre launch line up and released the other half in a year like Based Phil Spencer did.

@sts106mat said:

hmm, that's funny, because i still dont see your point. why dont you try and counter these instead of dodging the question :-

Was Killer instinct delayed = NO

Was the plan with killer instinct to add content after launch explained prior to release? = YES

Also, if i am in a glass house, please point out my posts hyping up killer instinct......go on.....i'll wait

Point is, they rushed out what is obviously a half-finished game then slapped the other half in a year later as "season 2." No problem with lemmings then.

Your precious Titanfall got a new mode a few weeks ago. I assume the game at release was unfinished too.

Titanfall had plenty of maps and game modes already to go on release, nothing was stripped out. once again, they were up-front with the plans for DLC map packs and free-content being added in. that has all taken place. it was not unfinished, Destiny is unfinished and an absolute scandal.

As for Killer instinct, like i said, it wasn't delayed and it was explained that content would be drip fed.

With driveclub, i am not sure that is the case....we will see what the reviews say.

As for your comment to draign, i would say no, they shouldn't have said done that, neither should have they have announced it as a launch game when it was (judgin by how it is now) about 30% complete.

Nothing was stripped out of DC either. It isn't ready and will be patched in later. Difference? They should have waited until the new 8x8 mode was ready, maybe then the game wouldn't be a technical mess either.

KI was needed to drag in the Rare nostalgics and fill out a mediocre line up, of course they wouldn't delay it.

Like the devs said, DC was shippable last year. They chose not to push it out to improve the UI and social features.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-583e460ca986b

@sts106mat said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

that's what i am saying, it makes zero sense to release it with a fucking flyer saying "hey look at all this stuff we have coming, that other games have already".

Unless the game plays incredibly well, they really aren't helping themselves with this stuff.

Evolution Studios is basically releasing an unfinished game and hoping that consumers don't notice. At least PC developers stamp an "early access" tag on unfinished games they sell. This just seems like a dirty move. Hopefully this doesn't catch on.

I was all on board for a day one purchase. But now I may just play the PS+ version and wait for Evolution Studios to finish the game. I don't know....

s0ldier69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 s0ldier69
Member since 2005 • 2279 Posts

Review embargo tells you all you need to know. Typical Sony, all flash and no substance.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By freedomfreak  Online

:whistle:

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@sts106mat said:

what a load of fanboy drivel you just spilled everywhere.

OK, Simon.

@freedomfreak said:

What if you don't want an upressed 360 game with The Thing crowds?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 freedomfreak  Online
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Keep clinging onto those DC visuals. It's the only thing it got going for itself. Very exciting stuff. For real.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher: What if you want an exciting and fully featured racing game at launch?

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#191 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator  Online
Member since 2004 • 49565 Posts

I chuckled.

http://kotaku.com/driveclubs-box-has-some-questionable-grammar-1642893534

Kotaku being Kotaku.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 freedomfreak  Online
@wolverine4262 said:

What if you want an exciting and fully featured racing game at launch?

Eww. An open world PGR? **** no.

Much better.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By GrenadeLauncher

@freedomfreak said:
@GrenadeLauncher said:

Keep clinging onto those DC visuals. It's the only thing it got going for itself. Very exciting stuff. For real.

I played it at Alpha, gameplay was solid then so I can't wait to see how it's improved.

@wolverine4262 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: What if you want an exciting and fully featured racing game at launch?

I'd get Project Cars.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 wolverine4262

@GrenadeLauncher: Yeah, or Forza Horizon 2.

Seriously, who fucking cares about the crowds in a racing game? Sad fanboy is sad.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

Wow people think Driveclub is going to do that bad?

It seems compently made at least although features are questionable. i'd say 8.0

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@GrenadeLauncher said:

I played it at Alpha, gameplay was solid then so I can't wait to see how it's improved.

Should hold you over for a good 45 minutes.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Oh wow A hype haha pathetic.

Really hope it still flops.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 GrenadeLauncher

@wolverine4262 said:

@GrenadeLauncher: Yeah, or Forza Horizon 2.

Seriously, who fucking cares about the crowds in a racing game? Sad fanboy is sad.

But the Xbone is garbage.

I can pick up a cheap 360 for it, however. Thank you Phil, so considerate. :)

@freedomfreak said:

Should hold you over for a good 45 minutes.

Far longer than any Xbone "game" could.

@grenadeluncher said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@wolverine4262 said:

I'd get Project Cars.

On Xbox One

Oh look, I have a tribute act.

Say Xbone.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 wolverine4262

@GrenadeLauncher: And that 360 game is still better than DC.