DriveClub making spectacular progress! Release Date Soon!

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

The development of DriveClub continues to go "from strength to strength", SCEE has told VideoGamer.com while responding to yesterday's reports highlighting the recent changes at Evolution Studios.

In a statement provided to us this afternoon, SCEE said that it "would like to make it very clear that the development of DRIVECLUB on PS4 is going from strength to strength. The announced studio changes across WWS yesterday have not affected the development of DRIVECLUB or the DRIVECLUB team, which has always had great direction and continues to do so.

"We have full confidence that the game will deliver on its PS4 promise to be the first truly socially connected racing title and we are very pleased and excited by the calibre of work from Evolution Studios.

"The progress being made on the game is spectacular," Sony continued, "so we're looking forward to sharing an update on development, release date and videos of the game in action in the weeks to come. We thank you for your patience and assure you, it will be worth the wait."

SCEE also confirmed that "DRIVECLUB does have a Game Director at the helm who we will be revealing very soon."

Yesterday, VideoGamer.com revealed that Sony would be leading a "focused restructure" within three of its studios – including Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge and SCE London Studio. It was later confirmed that DriveClub's game director Col Rodgers had left the studio in February for personal reasons unconnected to the layoffs.

DriveClub is expected to launch later this year following its earlier delay from November 2013.

Driveclub Making Spectacular Progress

Sony Release Date Incoming Soon

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

WE NEED MORE VIDEOS GOD-DAMMIT.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Very intredasting

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Solid_Max13

@GamingGod999: should see some in the coming weeks along with announcement of release

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

Greatness Awaits us all.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solid_Max13

Also lems were saying this would be delayed now know

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Well atleast there's some news about it, that's good.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Sounds like a shit load of PR to me.

I also wasn't aware that Sony is a person!

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

Also lems were saying this would be delayed now know

um yeah this is pretty much confirmation it was delayed...

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@GamingGod999 said:

WE NEED MORE VIDEOS GOD-DAMMIT.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/driveclub/news/driveclub_game_director_leaves_evolution_studios.html

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

"Driveclub Making Spectacular Progress" - TC

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Solid_Max13

@draign: did you read the article the game will be released this year and should get a release date soon or E3 the latest

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

1080p @ 60fps please.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

bbubububububububububububu- development hell! :(

OT: Also a new game director that's been there for some time because the news of the old one leaving recently reported was old news since like Jan.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 misterpmedia

@kuu2 said:

I'll be around a few if you want to faint. I'll catch you.

@Wasdie said:

1080p @ 60fps please.

Wasdie I see you're a gaffer now :P(or perhaps have been for a while..)

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#18 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@misterpmedia: I haven't been using my GAF account for a long time. I just couldn't get any real dicussion of the Rift being bought by Facebook in anywhere else. Reddit had turned to a massive cluster and Gamespot moves kind of slow compared to the other ones.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

So much for it being vaporware like lems said.

Boggle_Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Boggle_Dragon
Member since 2014 • 125 Posts

60fps and all is forgiven.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Fool me once Sony

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@kuu2 said:

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

Xbox one has Kinect Sports rivals....

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

So on the contrary my friend. Stay Calm and Microsoft on.......

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Solid_Max13

@Animal-Mother: lems like to pick on the fact that some games have been delayed and such yet they have no release dates for the games such as halo, gears, sunset overdrive, quantum break etc that they always hype up

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Animal-Mother

@Solid_Max13 said:

@Animal-Mother: lems like to pick on the fact that some games have been delayed and such yet they have no release dates for the games such as halo, gears, sunset overdrive, quantum break etc that they always hype up

Regardless of that those games will most likely come out though. A game can't be delayed if it doesn't have a release date.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

I am still playing TitanGreatness, and Plant vs. Zombies quite a bit. KRivals is next month and more KI content as well. My gaming catalog is quite full for the next few months. By then I am sure some indie and arcade titles will be dropping to stem the tide (notice not depending on these titles to launch a console). Who knows what will come at e3 MSoft always seems to surprise a couple of titles that are announced and launched in the same year.

Sony has a bad habit of showing games and then waiting years to deploy them. Remember DelayClub was introed at e3 and still doesn't have a firm launch date after being a supposed launch title.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

So its on track for its original release date, congrats.

pity they lied about it in the beginning

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

I am still playing TitanGreatness, and Plant vs. Zombies quite a bit. KRivals is next month and more KI content as well. My gaming catalog is quite full for the next few months. By then I am sure some indie and arcade titles will be dropping to stem the tide (notice not depending on these titles to launch a console). Who knows what will come at e3 MSoft always seems to surprise a couple of titles that are announced and launched in the same year.

Sony has a bad habit of showing games and then waiting years to deploy them. Remember DelayClub was introed at e3 and still doesn't have a firm launch date after being a supposed launch title.

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

jessejay420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 jessejay420
Member since 2011 • 4091 Posts

Good News!

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Oh, its got a director now?! That does sound like progress.

:barn:

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

You are always so hostile. No games to play is really getting to you.

Back pedal from what?

You cherry pick a time frame as if you are the arbiter of the conversation don't blame me that the PauperStation4 doesn't have a decent lineup to support its fanbase. Sony are the masters at showing something and launching nothing and to downplay it is serious DC. You fell for it when got duped by DelayClub and now are bitter.

Despite your off topic rant DelayClub (which it is) still aint coming and no one knows when.

I don't need to worry about what is coming to the PauperStation4 (you and the rest of the bovine do) hence your frustration with not having anything to play now or in the future which awaits you.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Back pedal from what?

You cherry pick a time frame as if you are the arbiter of the conversation don't blame me that the PauperStation4 doesn't have a decent lineup to support its fanbase. Sony are the masters at showing something and launching nothing and to downplay it is serious DC. You fell for it when got duped by DelayClub and now are bitter.

Despite your off topic rant DelayClub (which it is) still aint coming and no one knows when.

I don't need to worry about what is coming to the PauperStation4 (you and the rest of the bovine do) hence your frustration with not having anything to play now or in the future which awaits you.

I just got second son last week, Titanfall 2 weeks ago as well as Dark souls II i have plenty to play. But I have remorse for people who bend the truth.

I cherry pick because you cherry pick. Sorry :( You always pick 1-3 things to make fun of and stick with it. Truth is you're wrong most of the time aside from most financial stuff. I also proved you wrong, sorry but the show IS still coming out as well as Final Fantasy 14 Go look at gamespot new releases and you'll see how wrong you are.

Also I had no hype for drive club as I hate racing games and could give a shit less about them so yeah. Please insert a quarter and try again. I'm a gamer not a full grown man who calls something the "pauperstation 4" or "delayclub" to most likely make fun of people 5-10 years younger than them. Sorry bro but it's kinda sad

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuu2

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Back pedal from what?

I just got second son last week, Titanfall 2 weeks ago as well as Dark souls II i have plenty to play. But I have remorse for people who bend the truth.

I cherry pick because you cherry pick. Sorry :( You always pick 1-3 things to make fun of and stick with it. Truth is you're wrong most of the time aside from most financial stuff.

Also I had no hype for drive club as I hate racing games and could give a shit less about them so yeah. Please insert a quarter and try again.

You forgot the demo you purchased as well. ;p

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Animal-Mother

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Back pedal from what?

I cherry pick because you cherry pick. Sorry :( You always pick 1-3 things to make fun of and stick with it. Truth is you're wrong most of the time aside from most financial stuff.

Also I had no hype for drive club as I hate racing games and could give a shit less about them so yeah. Please insert a quarter and try again.

You forgot the demo you purchased as well. ;p

Thanks buddy haha. I love jabbin ya. It's a good time. Keep the thrills up. Just remember just as you hit hard, i like to hit harder back hah.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

This thread is so childish, GS is childish actually

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kuu2

@ghostwarrior786 said:

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

That's actually a piece of good news. PGR was a great series even though Cows said it was junk.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

That's actually a piece of good news. PGR was a great series even though Cows said it was junk.

kuu2 your ass must hurt constantly,

not because of the daily rape lemmings take,

but because of the ubisoft sized ass pulls you like to make every time you post something

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kuu2

@killatwill15 said:

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

but because of the ubisoft sized ass pulls you like to make every time you post something

You love me..............

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You love me..............

i love the way you lie

so either you are a dumb lemming or rihanna,

either way i wouldn't **** you

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Solid_Max13

@killatwill15: lmfao!! To funny!!

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

this game is shaping up to be an epic failure. It will likely set a new benchmark for racing visuals tho.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

Driveclub? Lol I forgot that game even existed.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By misterpmedia

@Wasdie said:

@misterpmedia: I haven't been using my GAF account for a long time. I just couldn't get any real dicussion of the Rift being bought by Facebook in anywhere else. Reddit had turned to a massive cluster and Gamespot moves kind of slow compared to the other ones.

haha nah I saw you on the driveclub thread :P

OT: Some fun arguments in this topic lol. Kuu2 never disappoints.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kuu2

@Mozelleple112 said:

Driveclub? Lol I forgot that game even existed.

It doesn't...........

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Why don't they just call it Gran Turismo 7 or call it Gran Turismo: Drive Club? It's gonna play exactly like Gran Turismo.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Dat Sony damage control! Announced, delayed, scrapped then studio head quits. Now miraculously it has great progress being made. STFU Sony.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 misterpmedia

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Dat Sony damage control! Announced, delayed, scrapped then studio head quits. Now miraculously it has great progress being made. STFU Sony.

tell us all dat insider info.

LanceX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 LanceX2
Member since 2014 • 312 Posts

just waitstation 4

dreamdude

Forum Posts