DriveClub making spectacular progress! Release Date Soon!

  • 93 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

The development of DriveClub continues to go "from strength to strength", SCEE has told VideoGamer.com while responding to yesterday's reports highlighting the recent changes at Evolution Studios.

In a statement provided to us this afternoon, SCEE said that it "would like to make it very clear that the development of DRIVECLUB on PS4 is going from strength to strength. The announced studio changes across WWS yesterday have not affected the development of DRIVECLUB or the DRIVECLUB team, which has always had great direction and continues to do so.

"We have full confidence that the game will deliver on its PS4 promise to be the first truly socially connected racing title and we are very pleased and excited by the calibre of work from Evolution Studios.

"The progress being made on the game is spectacular," Sony continued, "so we're looking forward to sharing an update on development, release date and videos of the game in action in the weeks to come. We thank you for your patience and assure you, it will be worth the wait."

SCEE also confirmed that "DRIVECLUB does have a Game Director at the helm who we will be revealing very soon."

Yesterday, VideoGamer.com revealed that Sony would be leading a "focused restructure" within three of its studios – including Evolution Studios, Guerrilla Cambridge and SCE London Studio. It was later confirmed that DriveClub's game director Col Rodgers had left the studio in February for personal reasons unconnected to the layoffs.

DriveClub is expected to launch later this year following its earlier delay from November 2013.

Driveclub Making Spectacular Progress

Sony Release Date Incoming Soon

#2 Posted by GamingGod999 (2973 posts) -

WE NEED MORE VIDEOS GOD-DAMMIT.

#3 Posted by Suppaman100 (3779 posts) -

Very intredasting

#4 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

@GamingGod999: should see some in the coming weeks along with announcement of release

#5 Posted by Draign (590 posts) -

Greatness Awaits us all.

#6 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

Also lems were saying this would be delayed now know

#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13466 posts) -

Well atleast there's some news about it, that's good.

#8 Edited by Chutebox (36675 posts) -

Sounds like a shit load of PR to me.

I also wasn't aware that Sony is a person!

#9 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28360 posts) -

Also lems were saying this would be delayed now know

um yeah this is pretty much confirmation it was delayed...

#10 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (759 posts) -
#12 Posted by Draign (590 posts) -

"Driveclub Making Spectacular Progress" - TC

#13 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

@draign: did you read the article the game will be released this year and should get a release date soon or E3 the latest

#14 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

#15 Edited by Wasdie (49633 posts) -

1080p @ 60fps please.

#16 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

bbubububububububububububu- development hell! :(

OT: Also a new game director that's been there for some time because the news of the old one leaving recently reported was old news since like Jan.

#17 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

I'll be around a few if you want to faint. I'll catch you.

@Wasdie said:

1080p @ 60fps please.

Wasdie I see you're a gaffer now :P(or perhaps have been for a while..)

#18 Posted by Wasdie (49633 posts) -

@misterpmedia: I haven't been using my GAF account for a long time. I just couldn't get any real dicussion of the Rift being bought by Facebook in anywhere else. Reddit had turned to a massive cluster and Gamespot moves kind of slow compared to the other ones.

#19 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

So much for it being vaporware like lems said.

#20 Edited by Boggle_Dragon (88 posts) -

60fps and all is forgiven.

#21 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

Fool me once Sony

#22 Edited by Animal-Mother (26559 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

Xbox one has Kinect Sports rivals....

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

So on the contrary my friend. Stay Calm and Microsoft on.......

#23 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: lems like to pick on the fact that some games have been delayed and such yet they have no release dates for the games such as halo, gears, sunset overdrive, quantum break etc that they always hype up

#24 Posted by Animal-Mother (26559 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: lems like to pick on the fact that some games have been delayed and such yet they have no release dates for the games such as halo, gears, sunset overdrive, quantum break etc that they always hype up

Regardless of that those games will most likely come out though. A game can't be delayed if it doesn't have a release date.

#25 Edited by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

Xbox one has Kinect Sports rivals....

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

So on the contrary my friend. Stay Calm and Microsoft on.......

I am still playing TitanGreatness, and Plant vs. Zombies quite a bit. KRivals is next month and more KI content as well. My gaming catalog is quite full for the next few months. By then I am sure some indie and arcade titles will be dropping to stem the tide (notice not depending on these titles to launch a console). Who knows what will come at e3 MSoft always seems to surprise a couple of titles that are announced and launched in the same year.

Sony has a bad habit of showing games and then waiting years to deploy them. Remember DelayClub was introed at e3 and still doesn't have a firm launch date after being a supposed launch title.

#26 Edited by tdkmillsy (1281 posts) -

So its on track for its original release date, congrats.

pity they lied about it in the beginning

#27 Edited by Animal-Mother (26559 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

Xbox one has Kinect Sports rivals....

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

So on the contrary my friend. Stay Calm and Microsoft on.......

I am still playing TitanGreatness, and Plant vs. Zombies quite a bit. KRivals is next month and more KI content as well. My gaming catalog is quite full for the next few months. By then I am sure some indie and arcade titles will be dropping to stem the tide (notice not depending on these titles to launch a console). Who knows what will come at e3 MSoft always seems to surprise a couple of titles that are announced and launched in the same year.

Sony has a bad habit of showing games and then waiting years to deploy them. Remember DelayClub was introed at e3 and still doesn't have a firm launch date after being a supposed launch title.

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

#28 Posted by jessejay420 (3748 posts) -

Good News!

#29 Posted by wolverine4262 (19057 posts) -

Oh, its got a director now?! That does sound like progress.

:barn:

#30 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

Xbox one has Kinect Sports rivals....

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

So on the contrary my friend. Stay Calm and Microsoft on.......

I am still playing TitanGreatness, and Plant vs. Zombies quite a bit. KRivals is next month and more KI content as well. My gaming catalog is quite full for the next few months. By then I am sure some indie and arcade titles will be dropping to stem the tide (notice not depending on these titles to launch a console). Who knows what will come at e3 MSoft always seems to surprise a couple of titles that are announced and launched in the same year.

Sony has a bad habit of showing games and then waiting years to deploy them. Remember DelayClub was introed at e3 and still doesn't have a firm launch date after being a supposed launch title.

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

You are always so hostile. No games to play is really getting to you.

Back pedal from what?

You cherry pick a time frame as if you are the arbiter of the conversation don't blame me that the PauperStation4 doesn't have a decent lineup to support its fanbase. Sony are the masters at showing something and launching nothing and to downplay it is serious DC. You fell for it when got duped by DelayClub and now are bitter.

Despite your off topic rant DelayClub (which it is) still aint coming and no one knows when.

I don't need to worry about what is coming to the PauperStation4 (you and the rest of the bovine do) hence your frustration with not having anything to play now or in the future which awaits you.

#31 Edited by Animal-Mother (26559 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

Stay Calm and Continue to Sony On..................

I have a question....What's coming out for the one in the next two months that's not available on sony platforms? PS4 has FFXIV and the Show.

Xbox one has Kinect Sports rivals....

From now till may PS4 has two games coming out and Xbox one has one game that's not available one game between now and June 1st that's pretty much not coming to PS4.

So on the contrary my friend. Stay Calm and Microsoft on.......

I am still playing TitanGreatness, and Plant vs. Zombies quite a bit. KRivals is next month and more KI content as well. My gaming catalog is quite full for the next few months. By then I am sure some indie and arcade titles will be dropping to stem the tide (notice not depending on these titles to launch a console). Who knows what will come at e3 MSoft always seems to surprise a couple of titles that are announced and launched in the same year.

Sony has a bad habit of showing games and then waiting years to deploy them. Remember DelayClub was introed at e3 and still doesn't have a firm launch date after being a supposed launch title.

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

You are always so hostile. No games to play is really getting to you.

Back pedal from what?

You cherry pick a time frame as if you are the arbiter of the conversation don't blame me that the PauperStation4 doesn't have a decent lineup to support its fanbase. Sony are the masters at showing something and launching nothing and to downplay it is serious DC. You fell for it when got duped by DelayClub and now are bitter.

Despite your off topic rant DelayClub (which it is) still aint coming and no one knows when.

I don't need to worry about what is coming to the PauperStation4 (you and the rest of the bovine do) hence your frustration with not having anything to play now or in the future which awaits you.

I just got second son last week, Titanfall 2 weeks ago as well as Dark souls II i have plenty to play. But I have remorse for people who bend the truth.

I cherry pick because you cherry pick. Sorry :( You always pick 1-3 things to make fun of and stick with it. Truth is you're wrong most of the time aside from most financial stuff. I also proved you wrong, sorry but the show IS still coming out as well as Final Fantasy 14 Go look at gamespot new releases and you'll see how wrong you are.

Also I had no hype for drive club as I hate racing games and could give a shit less about them so yeah. Please insert a quarter and try again. I'm a gamer not a full grown man who calls something the "pauperstation 4" or "delayclub" to most likely make fun of people 5-10 years younger than them. Sorry bro but it's kinda sad

#32 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

You are always so hostile. No games to play is really getting to you.

Back pedal from what?

You cherry pick a time frame as if you are the arbiter of the conversation don't blame me that the PauperStation4 doesn't have a decent lineup to support its fanbase. Sony are the masters at showing something and launching nothing and to downplay it is serious DC. You fell for it when got duped by DelayClub and now are bitter.

Despite your off topic rant DelayClub (which it is) still aint coming and no one knows when.

I don't need to worry about what is coming to the PauperStation4 (you and the rest of the bovine do) hence your frustration with not having anything to play now or in the future which awaits you.

I just got second son last week, Titanfall 2 weeks ago as well as Dark souls II i have plenty to play. But I have remorse for people who bend the truth.

I cherry pick because you cherry pick. Sorry :( You always pick 1-3 things to make fun of and stick with it. Truth is you're wrong most of the time aside from most financial stuff.

Also I had no hype for drive club as I hate racing games and could give a shit less about them so yeah. Please insert a quarter and try again.

You forgot the demo you purchased as well. ;p

#33 Posted by Animal-Mother (26559 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Don't back pedal now. I'm not talking about what can hold you over or what you have to play but what's coming. You even go far enough to call it delayclub :(

That's not your statement and that's not what you said. But the fact of the matter is PS4 has games coming to it. So don't deny it because I just proved you wrong ( man you love to skirt around it don't you?)I'm not talking about E3 i'm talking about the time up to it.

Also MS does have a bad habit of delaying games to, there are two sides to each coin. IE titanfall 360

Also one delayed game isn't that big of a deal. You're really making a mountain out of a mole hill for a racing game.

You are always so hostile. No games to play is really getting to you.

Back pedal from what?

You cherry pick a time frame as if you are the arbiter of the conversation don't blame me that the PauperStation4 doesn't have a decent lineup to support its fanbase. Sony are the masters at showing something and launching nothing and to downplay it is serious DC. You fell for it when got duped by DelayClub and now are bitter.

Despite your off topic rant DelayClub (which it is) still aint coming and no one knows when.

I don't need to worry about what is coming to the PauperStation4 (you and the rest of the bovine do) hence your frustration with not having anything to play now or in the future which awaits you.

I just got second son last week, Titanfall 2 weeks ago as well as Dark souls II i have plenty to play. But I have remorse for people who bend the truth.

I cherry pick because you cherry pick. Sorry :( You always pick 1-3 things to make fun of and stick with it. Truth is you're wrong most of the time aside from most financial stuff.

Also I had no hype for drive club as I hate racing games and could give a shit less about them so yeah. Please insert a quarter and try again.

You forgot the demo you purchased as well. ;p

Thanks buddy haha. I love jabbin ya. It's a good time. Keep the thrills up. Just remember just as you hit hard, i like to hit harder back hah.

#34 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3910 posts) -

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

#35 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

This thread is so childish, GS is childish actually

#36 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

That's actually a piece of good news. PGR was a great series even though Cows said it was junk.

#37 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

That's actually a piece of good news. PGR was a great series even though Cows said it was junk.

kuu2 your ass must hurt constantly,

not because of the daily rape lemmings take,

but because of the ubisoft sized ass pulls you like to make every time you post something

#38 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

That's actually a piece of good news. PGR was a great series even though Cows said it was junk.

kuu2 your ass must hurt constantly,

not because of the daily rape lemmings take,

but because of the ubisoft sized ass pulls you like to make every time you post something

You love me..............

#39 Posted by magicalclick (22459 posts) -

Any good news on the release date?

#40 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

remember that guy Ged Talbot who was lead on project gotham racing? he is new lead for drive club

That's actually a piece of good news. PGR was a great series even though Cows said it was junk.

kuu2 your ass must hurt constantly,

not because of the daily rape lemmings take,

but because of the ubisoft sized ass pulls you like to make every time you post something

You love me..............

i love the way you lie

so either you are a dumb lemming or rihanna,

either way i wouldn't fuck you

#41 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -
#42 Edited by m3dude1 (1175 posts) -

this game is shaping up to be an epic failure. It will likely set a new benchmark for racing visuals tho.

#43 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6633 posts) -

Driveclub? Lol I forgot that game even existed.

#44 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@misterpmedia: I haven't been using my GAF account for a long time. I just couldn't get any real dicussion of the Rift being bought by Facebook in anywhere else. Reddit had turned to a massive cluster and Gamespot moves kind of slow compared to the other ones.

haha nah I saw you on the driveclub thread :P

OT: Some fun arguments in this topic lol. Kuu2 never disappoints.

#45 Posted by kuu2 (6971 posts) -

Driveclub? Lol I forgot that game even existed.

It doesn't...........

#46 Edited by iloveatlus (255 posts) -

Why don't they just call it Gran Turismo 7 or call it Gran Turismo: Drive Club? It's gonna play exactly like Gran Turismo.

#47 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6169 posts) -

Dat Sony damage control! Announced, delayed, scrapped then studio head quits. Now miraculously it has great progress being made. STFU Sony.

#48 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Dat Sony damage control! Announced, delayed, scrapped then studio head quits. Now miraculously it has great progress being made. STFU Sony.

tell us all dat insider info.

#49 Posted by LanceX2 (305 posts) -

just waitstation 4

#50 Posted by dreamdude (4611 posts) -

Of course they'd say that.