DRIVECLUB | Delayed to Early 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by gamerdude970 (359 posts) -

Looks like i'm getting NFS rivals instead.

#52 Posted by LordOfPoms (1138 posts) -

@StrongDeadlift said:

This will be disappointing news to those waiting around for the spiritual successor to Motorstorm, Evolution's last "quality" series.

If I recall correctly, Evolution pegged Motorstorm as a launch title for PS3, but delayed it 3 months to polish it.

#53 Posted by LordOfPoms (1138 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Good in that it'll allow Evolution to better polish their game. Bad in that it makes an already weak launch line up look even weaker.

I find it funny that people think the PS4/Xbox One launch line ups are weak. While they're lacking in first party, they have the big hitters of nearly every major holiday third party game -- the ones that have driven and sold systems for the past 3 years. Not to mention a plethora of F2P and indie/mid-budget games. There are plenty of games on each system and both system's launch windows are strong.

If you only play exclusive AAA games, yeah, they're weak, but if you also enjoy games like Battlefield, NFS, Madden, FIFA, Skylanders, indie games, etc., this is one of the best Day One launches in console history for both systems. People are forgetting, there have been far worse Day One console launches that also went on even worse 6 months droughts.

#54 Posted by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1330 posts) -

@Sollet said:

Could care less about this game tbh.

But for those who cares, well that sucks!

Loading Video...

#55 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

*dave mitchell snip*

I was literally just gonna post this

#56 Edited by kuu2 (7846 posts) -

Sony Fan's response to DelayClub

'DelayClub is way better than Forza.'

'DelayClub will be at 60fps it is just going through the development cycle.'

'DelayClub is way ahead in the dev cycle than Forza.'

'DelayClub was on the recent commercial Sony just rolled out, the delay is just a rumor.'

'DelayClub is better off delayed so then Sony can launch the best racer possible.'

'Who wanted DelayClub anyway.'

Sony Fan continues to be clowns in the eyes of all in SW.

#57 Posted by Lionheart08 (15576 posts) -

And then that leaves Killzone. Oh and Knack. Weakass launch is weak.

#58 Edited by always_explicit (3057 posts) -

@handssss: Yeah those poor enslaved devs. Being mistreated and abused. Grow up man....

They get to take part in the launch of next gen gaming for christs sake, its going to be a benchmark in their careers.....please get some perspective. Sometimes people with important jobs have to hit the odd deadline or two, quite often they have to pull some overtime to do it.

If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts. Nobody is getting "mistreated" here, they are grown men doing the jobs they are paid to do within the guidelines of employment law.

#59 Edited by HaRmLeSS_RaGe (1330 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

*dave mitchell snip*

I was literally just gonna post this

me > you :p

#60 Edited by RR360DD (13005 posts) -

Oh man this is pathetic LOL

Not that Delayclub had any potential ... but seriously

#61 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

Is the ps4 launch lineup still sturdy without it?

#62 Edited by SonofK (1088 posts) -

They were too scared of getting curb stomped by Forza 5

#63 Edited by silversix_ (15773 posts) -

what in the actual fuck

#64 Edited by TwistedShade (3138 posts) -

This Launch line up is looking like a mess. Watch Dogs first and now Drive Club, I'm starting to wonder if Killzone, and AC4 are worth buying a whole new console for. Because after I finish those two it may be awhile until something comes along.

#65 Edited by silversix_ (15773 posts) -

If i was MS i'd delay everything on X1 so the games don't look like 360 titles on a brand new $500 box

#66 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

Disappointing, but they better hit that 60fps mark now.

#67 Edited by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@handssss: Yeah those poor enslaved devs. Being mistreated and abused. Grow up man....

They get to take part in the launch of next gen gaming for christs sake, its going to be a benchmark in their careers.....please get some perspective. Sometimes people with important jobs have to hit the odd deadline or two, quite often they have to pull some overtime to do it.

If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts. Nobody is getting "mistreated" here, they are grown men doing the jobs they are paid to do within the guidelines of employment law.

BHAHAHAHAHA So much ignorance in this post.

"Its going to be a benchmark in their careers" - that will all depend on how the game turns out. No one gives a crap about your 60 metacritic game just because it was a launch title. I'm sure the people who worked on Lair are really touting that success these days.

"If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts." - 100% false for any employee who's original agreement is to be paid a salary and not hourly. Guess how much overtime pay salary employees get. Zero.

That said, I'll still agree with you about them not being mistreated or abused because they all knew what they signed up for and there are alternatives to working crazy crunches.

#68 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

@HaRmLeSS_RaGe said:

*dave mitchell snip*

I was literally just gonna post this

me > you :p

Clearly :P

#69 Edited by always_explicit (3057 posts) -

@The_Rick_14 said:

@always_explicit said:

@handssss: Yeah those poor enslaved devs. Being mistreated and abused. Grow up man....

They get to take part in the launch of next gen gaming for christs sake, its going to be a benchmark in their careers.....please get some perspective. Sometimes people with important jobs have to hit the odd deadline or two, quite often they have to pull some overtime to do it.

If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts. Nobody is getting "mistreated" here, they are grown men doing the jobs they are paid to do within the guidelines of employment law.

BHAHAHAHAHA So much ignorance in this post.

"Its going to be a benchmark in their careers" - that will all depend on how the game turns out. No one gives a crap about your 60 metacritic game just because it was a launch title. I'm sure the people who worked on Lair are really touting that success these days.

"If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts." - 100% false for any employee who's original agreement is to be paid a salary and not hourly. Guess how much overtime pay salary employees get. Zero.

All of which will be in the contract.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/career/are-salaried-employees-entitled-to-overtime-pay/430

Dont feel too bad its a common misconception ;)

Even if by some insane reason they are exempt from the above all of this would have been outlined in the contracts these grown men signed. My argument isnt about commercial success. Im talking about the fact that these people get to be involved in a pivotal moment in gaming history , I cant stand it when people get all preachy about developers like they are made of glass.

#70 Posted by Netherscourge (16350 posts) -

Kinda sucks, but considering the game's lead designer has been taking time off to care for his newborn child the past couple weeks, I have no problem with it.

I'm kinda glad they have their priorities straight.

#71 Edited by Chutebox (37983 posts) -

Didn't know we get resogun included

#72 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43209 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

Didn't know we get resogun included

That game looks really, really good.

#73 Edited by Bigboi500 (30874 posts) -

Long waits awaits.

#74 Posted by magicalclick (23690 posts) -

If this is a Xbox One game, cow would be screaming epic fail with all the things like, no games and the console has problems and bad frame rate due to bad hardware.

#75 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@The_Rick_14 said:

@always_explicit said:

@handssss: Yeah those poor enslaved devs. Being mistreated and abused. Grow up man....

They get to take part in the launch of next gen gaming for christs sake, its going to be a benchmark in their careers.....please get some perspective. Sometimes people with important jobs have to hit the odd deadline or two, quite often they have to pull some overtime to do it.

If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts. Nobody is getting "mistreated" here, they are grown men doing the jobs they are paid to do within the guidelines of employment law.

BHAHAHAHAHA So much ignorance in this post.

"Its going to be a benchmark in their careers" - that will all depend on how the game turns out. No one gives a crap about your 60 metacritic game just because it was a launch title. I'm sure the people who worked on Lair are really touting that success these days.

"If they are pulling overtime they will be paid for it, and they would have signed up and agreed to it in their contracts." - 100% false for any employee who's original agreement is to be paid a salary and not hourly. Guess how much overtime pay salary employees get. Zero.

All of which will be in the contract.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/career/are-salaried-employees-entitled-to-overtime-pay/430

Dont feel too bad its a common misconception ;)

Even if by some insane reason they are exempt from the above all of this would have been outlined in the contracts these grown men signed. My argument isnt about commercial success. Im talking about the fact that these people get to be involved in a pivotal moment in gaming history , I cant stand it when people get all preachy about developers like they are made of glass.

Thanks for the clarification. You are correct that your statement was not 100% false. I looked into what qualifies you as exempt and I would be surprised if there are any developers who are nonexempt (nonexempt meaning entitled to overtime pay as a salary employee).

"With few exceptions, to be exempt an employee must (a) be paid at least $23,600 per year ($455 per week), and (b) be paid on a salary basis, and also (c) perform exempt job duties."

It seems you and I are in the same book but on two nearby pages. I agree developers should understand the risks of their chosen profession and negotiate salary appropriately.

http://www.flsa.com/coverage.html

#76 Posted by iambatman7986 (667 posts) -

I'd personally rather get a polished game than a rushed game. I'm good with the delay as long as they actually take the time to make a good game. I was never hyped for this game as I didn't care for Motorstorm. I only played the first one, but it was average at best IMO.

#77 Edited by Riverwolf007 (24175 posts) -

as the old saying goes a rushed game is bad forever...as is a game made by the motorstorm devs.

#78 Posted by Heil68 (46666 posts) -

@the330and419 said:

Oh Heil68, we are awaiting your useless, ignorant comment.......I guess i will give it a go. Even with the delay, you can still feel the love from Sony. With great first party, and third party titles, the ps4 can't be matched. Awweee yeah. Only possible with playstation. Thank you kaz.........good enough Heil? Don't worry Heil. I got your back. No need to type anything. Go back to your room in the basement and eat your waffles.

Nice going! I can see you are embracing the Live, Learn and Love philosophy that Sony practices, because without it,one could get lost in the sea of needless negativity and falsehood.

You know greatness is awaiting, I can tell.

Sony.

Ps4

Friend request sent.

#79 Posted by GamingGod999 (3134 posts) -

Boo, you whore!

#80 Posted by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

@the330and419: Meh... Heil does it with more gusto. 4.5/10 just a hair better than tom McSheas experience with bioshock infinite.

#81 Edited by Tessellation (8840 posts) -

downgrade incoming to hit 60fps,dat mediocre devs LMAO

#82 Edited by SirSlimyScott (275 posts) -

Doesn't bother considering I'm not a huge fan of racing games, but I'm really surprised that they haven't delayed Forza considering it's being released unfinished.

#83 Edited by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

@SirSlimyScrotum: o'rly? What percentage of the development would you say you and the team are done with?

#84 Edited by charizard1605 (60716 posts) -

Wow... delay sucks, though it is better to have a finished product on the market than a rushed one. Though this does considerably weaken the PS4 launch lineup.

#85 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@LordOfPoms said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Good in that it'll allow Evolution to better polish their game. Bad in that it makes an already weak launch line up look even weaker.

I find it funny that people think the PS4/Xbox One launch line ups are weak. While they're lacking in first party, they have the big hitters of nearly every major holiday third party game -- the ones that have driven and sold systems for the past 3 years. Not to mention a plethora of F2P and indie/mid-budget games. There are plenty of games on each system and both system's launch windows are strong.

If you only play exclusive AAA games, yeah, they're weak, but if you also enjoy games like Battlefield, NFS, Madden, FIFA, Skylanders, indie games, etc., this is one of the best Day One launches in console history for both systems. People are forgetting, there have been far worse Day One console launches that also went on even worse 6 months droughts.

Well, I'm looking at this from a PC gamer perspective, where I use a console only to compliment my gaming rig.

All of those multiplats I'll play on the PC... all I'm interested in when it comes to consoles are exclusives, and the PS4 line-up is exceptionally weak in that department.

#86 Posted by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

As long as they meet expectations, I'm down.

#87 Posted by KBFloYd (14581 posts) -

#88 Posted by danjammer69 (4140 posts) -
@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

Worst launch lineup in history confirmed

Did you just start gaming?

#89 Edited by gago-gago (9850 posts) -

And so it begins, or continues. The just wait continues. First Gakai, now DriveClub, what's next...

#90 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

Still not WiiU levels bad, glad I'm not grabbing a launch system however.

#91 Posted by Promised_Trini (3635 posts) -

Never was really interested in this game.

#92 Posted by Gue1 (11151 posts) -

I'm seriously thinking on canceling my PS4 pre-order and just play retro games until fall next year. I think it might be fun since I still have a sh*t ton of games I have never played like: Suikoden 2, Star Ocean 2, Star Ocean 3, Fear Effect 2, Saga Frontier....

#93 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

I was really looking forward to playing this, but oh well guess this will just give me more time to play GT6. Still very much looking forward to the game next year.

#94 Posted by SpiderLuke (579 posts) -

Well, I have been on the fence. Both don't have Watch Dogs now and I was looking forward to Drive Club. I could take or leave Killzone. Knack is really the only thing that had me interested beyond Driveclub.

This is sort of disappointing to me. I could wait after launch and see how they both do, but MS does seem to have a lot more games I'd be interested in. (I hate Call of Duty, so, no, not that game. lol.)

#95 Edited by LordOfPoms (1138 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

@LordOfPoms said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Good in that it'll allow Evolution to better polish their game. Bad in that it makes an already weak launch line up look even weaker.

I find it funny that people think the PS4/Xbox One launch line ups are weak. While they're lacking in first party, they have the big hitters of nearly every major holiday third party game -- the ones that have driven and sold systems for the past 3 years. Not to mention a plethora of F2P and indie/mid-budget games. There are plenty of games on each system and both system's launch windows are strong.

If you only play exclusive AAA games, yeah, they're weak, but if you also enjoy games like Battlefield, NFS, Madden, FIFA, Skylanders, indie games, etc., this is one of the best Day One launches in console history for both systems. People are forgetting, there have been far worse Day One console launches that also went on even worse 6 months droughts.

Well, I'm looking at this from a PC gamer perspective, where I use a console only to compliment my gaming rig.

All of those multiplats I'll play on the PC... all I'm interested in when it comes to consoles are exclusives, and the PS4 line-up is exceptionally weak in that department.

Here's the thing to remember, most people don't have giant PC rigs so to them these are excellent console launches. Call of Duty, FIFA and Madden on the new system from the start? That's killer. Maybe not to a PC gamer or someone who is satisfied with waiting a gen, but those games are what move systems in the holidays.

In terms of exclusives, you get two options. You get a bunch on Day One and zero for the rest of the year, or a few on launch then a few throughout the year. Nintendo launched all of their first party games on Day One and were in a major drought until Pikmin 3. They also didn't have third party support to carry them through droughts like Xbox One and PS4 do. So if you're only in it for the exclusives, yeah wait, makes perfect sense.

The doom and gloom of these console launches is only amplified by an echo chamber of people who can't be pleased no matter what these companies do.

#96 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (9845 posts) -

They probably need more time to rip off new Forza.

#97 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (15973 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

They probably need more time to rip off new Forza.

What does this even mean?

#98 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

Glad I decided to get the Xbox One first then.

#99 Edited by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

@Gue1: o_o Gue.... Is that you? I'm cancelling as well.. Or at least buying and selling it immediately. I want it, but I want a gnarly rig more.

#100 Edited by ermacness (7118 posts) -

Yeah, the PS4 launch is looking to be the worst launch in a long time, but the flip side is the multiplats, and the PS4 is looking to be the best platform to get for multiplats (outside of a PC).