Driveclub "Back to the Drawing Board" still no release date

• 147 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15910 posts) -

So, I think that at PlayStation, perhaps more than at other places, we’re willing to kinda eat that [cost], and go back to the drawing board and make sure the game is great before we ship it. And that’s what’s going on right now with that game.

Sony’s Scott Rohde

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/sonyas-gone-aback-to-the-drawing-boarda-to-make-driveclub-agreata

I'm looking forward to this game and it's sad to see more talk of delay. Hopefully we'll still see it in 2014.

On a good note ... releasing it now wouldn't really affect Playstation 4 sales, as they already literally sell every unit that they can ship.

#2 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2522 posts) -

The new Last Guardian

#3 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

is this gonna end up being the Last Guardian of PS4

#4 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -

Wow, back to the drawing board? Obviously they aren't scrapping the engine as the game looks great. But wow...

#5 Posted by RR360DD (11491 posts) -

Haha game did look garbage. Glad Sony can see that, even if cows didn't (who actually hyped it lmao)

#6 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3525 posts) -

That's not good I'm starting to think this another last guardian or end up being Killzone 2 where we wait a while

#7 Posted by speedfog (2960 posts) -

Okay the only have one game to look forward to: Infamous SS. And still that looks mediocre.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38634 posts) -

But... the trademark? 9 years ago :/

C'mon...

#9 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15910 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

Haha game did look garbage. Glad Sony can see that, even if cows didn't (who actually hyped it lmao)

Uh, it actually looks gorgeous, graphically. No idea what the gameplay was like, though.

#10 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9634 posts) -

Didn't Duke Nukem Forever go back to the Drawing board for 10 years.

These people gotta learn to commit and follow through.

#11 Posted by Assassin_87 (2296 posts) -

This isn't really bad news, honestly. I have plenty to play on PS3, Vita, 3DS, PC, Wii/Wii U and 360 already. I bought a PS4 to support the new generation of consoles, not necessarily for the promise of immediate gratification. Launch windows always suck, and so do (typically) first years when it comes to new hardware.

I say better for them to delay it if they feel that it will make a more polished final product than to rush it out the door in a misguided attempt to pad the early library of the console.

#12 Edited by Ghost120x (3680 posts) -

Hope it doesn't end up like GT....

Delay, delay and then release a turd.

#13 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

at this rate the last guardian might release before drive club. im on into racing games so dont know the details for this game but what could they be changing drastically? its a damn racing game, all u need is cars and tracks

#14 Posted by mems_1224 (46137 posts) -

lol

#15 Posted by always_explicit (2655 posts) -

Well based on what they released it looks attractive...so my guess is it cant compete with forza in terms of driving physics and thats why it needs more working. Absolutely laughable considering this was supposed to be a launch title. Greatness waits.

#16 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Playstation

Just await

#17 Posted by blackace (19996 posts) -

So, I think that at PlayStation, perhaps more than at other places, we’re willing to kinda eat that [cost], and go back to the drawing board and make sure the game is great before we ship it. And that’s what’s going on right now with that game.

Sony’s Scott Rohde

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/10/sonyas-gone-aback-to-the-drawing-boarda-to-make-driveclub-agreata

I'm looking forward to this game and it's sad to see more talk of delay. Hopefully we'll still see it in 2014.

On a good note ... releasing it now wouldn't really affect Playstation 4 sales, as they already literally sell every unit that they can ship.

What!?!?! Again!!?? It had a release date of April 2014, now it's been pushed all the way to 9/30. This sucks.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/driveclub/109960

#18 Posted by nyzma23 (895 posts) -

Greatness awaits

#19 Edited by TigerSuperman (1926 posts) -

THE WHOLE WORLDS STARTING TO FLIP UPSIDE DOWN! Everything is doing the opposite of what people were expecting everything to.

#20 Posted by BigBadBully (567 posts) -

This game should have been the next motorstorm. Guaranteed a launch title and a killer multiplayer experience, drive club could be made later.

#21 Posted by MonsieurX (29132 posts) -
@nyzma23 said:

Greatness awaits

b-b--but Infamous!

#22 Posted by Assassin_87 (2296 posts) -

@MonsieurX: I don't really understand the joke. Infamous SS should be a good game for all interested.

#23 Posted by slaves (1155 posts) -

damn that sucks. I'm really looking forward to this. I was hoping it would release in April

#24 Posted by hoyalawya (340 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

Greatness awaits

I actually giggled out loud on this post.

#25 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15910 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Dire_Weasel said:

Sony’s Scott Rohde

What!?!?! Again!!?? It had a release date of April 2014, now it's been pushed all the way to 9/30. This sucks.

http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/driveclub/109960

At this point it might not even make 2014. But that's just my pessimism talking.

#26 Posted by Draign (530 posts) -

Oh well, More need for speed:rivals until Autumn!

#27 Posted by Tessellation (8795 posts) -
#28 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

upon reading the article they explaining why they delayed the game and didnt launch during the ps4 launch window. THE GAME IS NOT GETTING DELAYED AGAIN, they are simply explaining why the game was delayed. expect it to launch next month

u might want to add that to op

#29 Posted by bobbetybob (19108 posts) -

upon reading the article they explaining why they delayed the game and didnt launch during the ps4 launch window. THE GAME IS NOT GETTING DELAYED AGAIN, they are simply explaining why the game was delayed. expect it to launch next month

Next month would make no sense.

#30 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

TC, way to completely mislead people by posting something out of context. This article is referring to why the game was first delayed before launch, this is not another delay.

#31 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

the leaked date was 9 april. i dont think any other big game is releasing for sony next month so they will prob release this

#32 Posted by Joedgabe (5091 posts) -

TC, way to completely mislead people by posting something out of context. This article is referring to why the game was first delayed before launch, this is not another delay.

people don't read here D: ! who are you ?

#33 Posted by shawn30 (4361 posts) -
#34 Posted by jsmoke03 (12597 posts) -

cows get owned....sony lives up to being the delaystation...

when i played the demo at comiccon last year, it was soo underwhelming....graphics and driving

#35 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (525 posts) -

Lol this game is gonna flop so hard.

#36 Edited by Terrencec06 (3434 posts) -

@nyzma23 said:

Greatness awaits

Good one lol

#37 Posted by Scipio8 (612 posts) -

Greatness delayed again.

#38 Posted by picklesurprise (177 posts) -

Just scrap it.

The game obviously sucks shit and they know it.

#39 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -

That doesn't sound good for the game, but it is a good thing that they refuse to release a shoddy product. I'm fine with going back to the drawing board if it means creating a better product in the end.

#40 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Anything to make an actual real racing game. This will destroy Flopza 5. It's intro will have more content than the entire Flopza 5 game.

#41 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

So I'll be buying the MLB The Show in May. This game better be amazing when it releases or Evolution might be on the chopping block.

#42 Posted by bobbetybob (19108 posts) -

@bobbetybob said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

the leaked date was 9 april. i dont think any other big game is releasing for sony next month so they will prob release this

Infamous comes out on the 21st, I really can't see them releasing two big exclusives a month apart when there's a huge gap leading up to October/November or whenever the next big title comes out. Plus announcing a games release date a month before it comes out is very very rare, especially for a big title that Sony will want to advertise a lot.

#43 Posted by MonsieurX (29132 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Anything to make an actual real racing game. This will destroy Flopza 5. It's intro will have more content than the entire Flopza 5 game.

Forza didn't flop,get real.

#44 Posted by nyzma23 (895 posts) -

@juarbles said:

lol forza 5 is AAE

the truth is hurt i know just hanging there

#45 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4026 posts) -

oh dear oh dear.

#46 Posted by musicalmac (22804 posts) -

Waitstation 4..... Uh oh.

#47 Posted by super600 (30084 posts) -

From what I heard this game will release well after E3 since the team still feels that this game needs to be worked on a bit.It may be reintroduced at E3 if it is in a showable state.

#48 Posted by gago-gago (9223 posts) -

#GreatmessAwaits

#49 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@bobbetybob said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Infamous comes out on the 21st, I really can't see them releasing two big exclusives a month apart when there's a huge gap leading up to October/November or whenever the next big title comes out. Plus announcing a games release date a month before it comes out is very very rare, especially for a big title that Sony will want to advertise a lot.

u may be right but i cant see them delaying this game again. they surly have to release this in the next 2 months

#50 Edited by spicymeatball27 (64 posts) -

@nyzma23: LOL pretty much saids it all right there. Delaystation all ova again