Driveclub: 20 minute Q&A - Gameplay, Car and Track Selection

#1 Edited by CyberLips (1814 posts) -

From Dualshockers

DC looks better every day, and that's coming from someone who doesn't like racers.

Also, new promo:

#2 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

This game is just ridiculously good looking.

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19167 posts) -

This game is just ridiculously good looking.

It's pretty great yeah. The cars don't seem like anything special (interiors are nice though), the environments look nice enough but it's the lighting that's really upping the visuals. I think they've really nailed realistic lighting compared to what most games are doing these days which is chasing that horrible, colour corrected, lens flare filled, Michael Bay action film look.

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4361 posts) -

ok well from what he's saying it sounds like the driving model might not be too soft; that was the number one thing putting me off the game.

pretty curious to see how it goes. looks about what i'd expect for a 30 fps racer on sony's playstasheen fo'.

#5 Posted by silversix_ (14042 posts) -

the difference between last gen racer such as Forza 5 and this is humongus.

#6 Posted by Heil68 (43397 posts) -

Looks great, hope the social aspect of the game takes off, because racing with friends is a lot of fun.

#7 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4361 posts) -

ok i very much like the sound of what he's saying.

50 cars, 55 tracks; i'm cool with that.

the PS+ edition sounds pretty fair.

#8 Posted by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

Advanced Lighting never seen on $3,000 PC before

#9 Posted by B4X (3534 posts) -

I love the fuzz effect on the environments the most. Don't you?

#10 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

You do understand youtube compresses the shit out of everything don't you?

Have some direct feed shots of Forza.

Now isn't that crisp.

#11 Edited by B4X (3534 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

It is the same PQ on the downloadable movie files released 2 days ago. Is there something blurring / clouding your memory?

#12 Posted by Desmonic (13378 posts) -

The lighting does look nice. Wonder if they got some tips from SuckerPunch?

#13 Edited by B4X (3534 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

The lighting does look nice. Wonder if they got some tips from SuckerPunch?

That it does.

#14 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@b4x said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

It is the same PQ on the downloadable movie files released 2 days ago. Is there something blurring / clouding your memory?

So you're slow?

Well that explains everything. Carry on.

#15 Edited by B4X (3534 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: That is the new picture of the cow simulator coming exclusive to the ps4. Notice the detail to dat fuzz?

Amazing stuff right there.

#16 Posted by Snugenz (11812 posts) -

"Rock solid 30 fps" dem ambitions #consolepeasantdevs

#17 Posted by FastRobby (1204 posts) -

IGN:

Since we have nothing else on PS4 to compare it to yet, I'd say that Driveclub's 1080p, 30 frame-per-second graphics are roughly on par with Forza Motorsport 5's 1080p/60fps looks. I'd give the slight edge to Forza when making a mental comparison

Hahaha, is doesn't even look as good as Forza 5, keep dreaming cows.

#18 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4361 posts) -

well, if ign have declared forza 5 the graphics victor, then i immediately assimilate their decision into my cognitive matrix.

beep.

#19 Posted by Sollet (7338 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

"Rock solid 30 fps" dem ambitions #consolepeasantdevs

Indeed lol, at least it's free XD

#20 Posted by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

looks like a fun game

#21 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Very excited for this.

#22 Posted by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

Looks great. Does anyone know if you can have more than two clubs competing in a club against club race? Can you have three clubs with four racers each for example?

#23 Edited by Dire_Weasel (15966 posts) -

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

I just realized ... this is DC DC.

GET IT?

#24 Edited by B4X (3534 posts) -

@Dire_Weasel said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

GET IT?

DC? The game was shit at E3 last year. If it has improved great. Graphics do not make game?

Look how the cars do not reflect the blurry environments. Then take a look at the Jagged Power lines. Now throw on top the Game is running at a 30 marvelous FPS.

You can praise it as the second coming, I'll pass. It is what it is. Not impressive to me. Not as impressive as you fanboys make it out to be. Anyways?

#25 Posted by Bigboi500 (29284 posts) -

@b4x: Try-hard alt account fanboy of the year? Try-hard alt acount fanboy of the year.

#26 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

IGN:

Since we have nothing else on PS4 to compare it to yet, I'd say that Driveclub's 1080p, 30 frame-per-second graphics are roughly on par with Forza Motorsport 5's 1080p/60fps looks. I'd give the slight edge to Forza when making a mental comparison

not knowing who Ryan McCaffrey is, confirmed.

#27 Edited by B4X (3534 posts) -

@b4x: Try-hard alt account fanboy of the year? Try-hard alt acount fanboy of the year.

That's it?

#28 Edited by silversix_ (14042 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

GET IT?

DC? The game was shit at E3 last year. If it has improved great. Graphics do not make game?

Look how the cars do not reflect the blurry environments. Then take a look at the Jagged Power lines. Now throw on top the Game is running at a 30 marvelous FPS.

You can praise it as the second coming, I'll pass. It is what it is. Not impressive to me. Not as impressive as you fanboys make it out to be. Anyways?

Want to see next gen jaggies and textures? Look at this pic full screen. It looks sick.

#29 Edited by Bigboi500 (29284 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Bigboi500 said:

That's it?

Yep. A try-hard that doesn't try hard enough.

#30 Edited by Zero_epyon (5081 posts) -

Racing wheel support...is there any?

#31 Posted by B4X (3534 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Dire_Weasel said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

GET IT?

Want to see next gen jaggies and textures? Look at this pic full screen. It looks sick.

Does that make the jaggies in this game any better? Or the gameplay?

#32 Posted by aroxx_ab (9257 posts) -

Looks nice, forza what?lol

To bad we do not get full version with PSN+ as we was told tho:/

#33 Edited by FastRobby (1204 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

IGN:

not knowing who Ryan McCaffrey is, confirmed.

That's easy... If journalists praise PS they are not biased, if they praise Xbox they are biased... Cow logic...

#34 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

That's easy... If journalists praise PS they are not biased, if they praise Xbox they are biased... Cow logic...

Further confirmation with that following statement. Keep digging that hole lem, you're in one because you lack knowledge. If you did know you'd know why he even bothered to mention Forza in his little preview. Honestly..I'm surprised he didn't mention titanfall.

edit: actually your comment even suggest you weren't aware that it was a driveclub specific preview...lol lems these days. persecution complex galore, so sensitive.

#35 Edited by FastRobby (1204 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Further confirmation with that following statement. Keep digging that hole lem, you're in one because you lack knowledge. If you did know you'd know why he even bothered to mention Forza in his little preview. Honestly..I'm surprised he didn't mention titanfall.

edit: actually your comment even suggest you weren't aware that it was a driveclub specific preview...lol lems these days. persecution complex galore, so sensitive.

I was aware that it was a DriveClub specific review, I do give people the benefit of the doubt. But classis hypocrite cow that tries to spin things, you really do learn things from Sony. Lying, spinning stories, as long as you look good. Sad cow is sad.

#36 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

I was aware that it was a DriveClub specific review, I do give people the benefit of the doubt. But classis hypocrite cow that tries to spin things, you really do learn things from Sony. Lying, spinning stories, as long as you look good. Sad cow is sad.

Spin what? Evidence of being a hypocrite please? You went in with a snarky comment not knowing who wrote up the preview just because it favoured xbone slightly. But I guess from IGN's biggest xbone fanboy, it's to be expected. He's notorious. It's like if Colin Moriarty did a preview for titanfall and started praising Killzone half way through. Read around once and while. Lems gonna lem, beyond pathetic.

#37 Edited by FastRobby (1204 posts) -

Spin what? Evidence of being a hypocrite please? You went in with a snarky comment not knowing who wrote up the preview just because it favoured xbone slightly. But I guess from IGN's biggest xbone fanboy, it's to be expected. He's notorious. It's like if Colin Moriarty did a preview for titanfall and started praising Killzone half way through. Read around once and while. Lems gonna lem, beyond pathetic.

Like I said, journalist praising Xbox game => biased lem, journalist praising PS4 => good journalism. Keep eating grassm njam njam

#38 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Like I said, journalist praising Xbox game => biased lem, journalist praising PS4 => good journalism. Keep eating grassm njam njam

The journalist piece was about a playstation game. I know it's hard for you to understand as you're probably drowning in playing the victim and persecution complex but at least listen when your head raises out when you come up for air. Dumb lemming.

#39 Edited by FastRobby (1204 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@FastRobby said:

The journalist piece was about a playstation game. I know it's hard for you to understand as you're probably drowning in playing the victim and persecution complex but at least listen when your head raises out when you come up for air. Dumb lemming.

Yes, and so you can compare it with games that are similar (racing games) on different platforms. That's not weird at all, very normal actually... What you are saying is that if a journalist is reviewing Numbers on the iPad he can't say. "It's a decent way to work with spreadsheets but Excel on Windows tablets is much better". You are clearly the idiot here...

#40 Edited by getyeryayasout (7163 posts) -

Racing wheel support...is there any?

Addressed at 12:15 of OP's video. Thrustmaster T80 and T500 confirmed, seems like Logitech PS3 wheels are kind of up in the air. I found this, but at this point Logitech's forum responses seem to contradict what he says. I really would like to use my G27 with my PS4, hopefully things get ironed out.

#41 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Yes, and so you can compare it with games that are similar (racing games) on different platforms. That's not weird at all, very normal actually... What you are saying is that if a journalist is reviewing Numbers on the iPad he can't say. "It's a decent way to work with spreadsheets but Excel on Windows tablets is much better". You are clearly the idiot here...

If Colin Moriarty had mentioned it, which he wouldn't have since it's a preview then it would seem like a fair assessment. An Xbox fanboy bringing up an xbone game in a playstation game preview and even suggesting it's better, rings alarm bells. Like I said, maybe read around more before you claim victory.

#42 Posted by FastRobby (1204 posts) -

If Colin Moriarty had mentioned it, which he wouldn't have since it's a preview then it would seem like a fair assessment. An Xbox fanboy bringing up an xbone game in a playstation game preview and even suggesting it's better, rings alarm bells. Like I said, maybe read around more before you claim victory.

So just cows being cows. This is exactly my point, Xbox praising => biased...

#43 Posted by scatteh316 (4835 posts) -

Advanced Lighting never seen on $3,000 PC before

Try harder troll....... We've had it a while, welcome to last gen PC gaming.

#44 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

So just cows being cows. This is exactly my point, Xbox praising => biased...

He can praise all he likes...in his xbone reviews. Is he going to bring up PS games and suggest they're better? Fat chance lol.I think this is too difficult for you to understand.

#45 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70493 posts) -

i think it looks amazing

#46 Posted by McStrongfast (4263 posts) -

If Batman was real he'd contract Pagani to design the Batmobile.