Drive Club's dynamic weather...oooooh ahhhhhh

#352 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i used the 'dusk till dark', and 'dusk to dawn' video downloads. http://www.gamersyde.com/game_videos_2662_en.html

it looks better in the video. and obviously this is pre release. they might enhance it a bit (pre and/or post launch)

i can't wait to see the retail game running on an actual ps4.

#353 Edited by Ben-Buja (2772 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@scatteh316 said:

It looks great but Cows hyping up graphics that us Hermits have had for years now ( Project Cars ) is just funny...

Welcome to 2012 Cows, you'll enjoy it there...

Nah, Project Cars is vastly over rated often, it's still got 2D trees today never mind in 2012.

Loading Video...

Development of Project CARS just started back then. I'm sure if we'd show Driveclub footage from the first year of development it wouldn't look very good either.

Nürburgring was full of placeholder trees back then. The problem of open development like Project CARS is that you can find the fugliest work in progress footage and bugs and glitches that normally would never be shown to the public, because it doesn't represent the final state of the game in any way.

These trees are the newer models:

Project CARS graphics are great for a sim that features 64 car races.

#354 Posted by silversix_ (15927 posts) -

Lems are so proud of their bone learning how to make wet surfaces. Very next generation.

#355 Edited by slimdogmilionar (703 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: I get that those features are in driveclub but you have to set your weather conditions before the race, how can that be dynamic when the user has control over the weather. You can't have dynamic weather if you don't have an open world. DC looks good but that's about all I've seen so far to make me want to play the game. I would rather have a game with 200 hours playtime for 100% completion(not counting online) over a pretty game with 55 tracks where the weather is pretty much prebaked. For a game thats been delayed and developed for 10 years I would expect more than what they are offering with DC, Forza only been in development for 2-3 years and look what they have accomplished.

#356 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8863 posts) -

LOL, weather to be patched in sometime after launch

#359 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

Well, Driveclub officially shits on Project Cars graphically. :P

At least there's a bit of competetion between how detailed the cars are .

@scottpsfan14 said:
@scatteh316 said:

It looks great but Cows hyping up graphics that us Hermits have had for years now ( Project Cars ) is just funny...

How very bland of you. Project Cars is not out right graphically better than DriveClub.

Also, what is that logic? Is Project Cars somehow 2014 graphics and DC is 2012 graphics?

XD

#360 Posted by Ben-Buja (2772 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

You work for Slightly Mad don't you? Or have some connection with them. But yeah, those pics are great. Lot's of DOF though. Cows got told off for putting DOF on Infamous SS pics.

I don't work for them, but I've been a member since 2012 and have followed the development since then.

#362 Posted by Ben-Buja (2772 posts) -

@7mdma said:

Well, Driveclub officially shits on Project Cars graphically. :P

At least there's a bit of competetion between how detailed the cars are .

@scottpsfan14 said:
@scatteh316 said:

How very bland of you. Project Cars is not out right graphically better than DriveClub.

Also, what is that logic? Is Project Cars somehow 2014 graphics and DC is 2012 graphics?

XD

Becase that is surely a fair comparison. Official promotional screenshot in heavy rain with tons of motion blur vs. a screen that was taken randomly to show the framerate. Scroll a bit up on this page to see a better representation of what the game looks like

#363 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

OK that was a bit of hyperbole on my part but DC does seem to be the more complete package when it comes to visuals, at least currently. The DOF in the PC pics mask some of the inferior environments/backdrops in comparison to DC but the lighting is looking very nice in PC too, not to mention the cars.

#364 Posted by Ben-Buja (2772 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

You work for Slightly Mad don't you? Or have some connection with them. But yeah, those pics are great. Lot's of DOF though. Cows got told off for putting DOF on Infamous SS pics.

I don't work for them, but I've been a member since 2012 and have followed the development since then.

And I'm sure it will be fantastic. Should I go for the PC version, or the PS4 version? I have a GTX 680.

We haven't seen much of the PS4 version yet. I'd probably go for the PC version for better wheel support, triple screen and the ability to adjust FOV etc.

Although it should be possible to include a fov slider in the console version, I wish console devs did that. I can't stand narrow FOV.

#366 Posted by tormentos (20047 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@scottpsfan14: I get that those features are in driveclub but you have to set your weather conditions before the race, how can that be dynamic when the user has control over the weather. You can't have dynamic weather if you don't have an open world. DC looks good but that's about all I've seen so far to make me want to play the game. I would rather have a game with 200 hours playtime for 100% completion(not counting online) over a pretty game with 55 tracks where the weather is pretty much prebaked. For a game thats been delayed and developed for 10 years I would expect more than what they are offering with DC, Forza only been in development for 2-3 years and look what they have accomplished.

So on PC just because you can switch MSAA of and on or HBAO on or off,or Anysotropic on or off that mean it is pre-baked.?

Sh** man stop arguing sh** you don't know just because you chose to turn it on or off at the start of the race doesn't mean it is prebaked WTF man..

Those effects are on real time just wait for DF analysis so you can understand.

Forza 5 has pre baked car damage,pre baked lighting,no weather,lifeless stages,card board box spectators,and look sad compare to Drive Club and Forza Horizon look like sh** compare to Drive Club open world totally killed the Forza 5 graphics detail.

#367 Posted by tormentos (20047 posts) -

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

Day 1 for the TRUE next gen exclusive, Drive Club :D

Why do you keep saying that like it's a big deal? Forza 5 is a true next gen exclusive as well. **shrug** who cares. TLOU is no longer a true next gen exclusive. lol!! Do you care about that? You sound stupid every time you say that dumb shit. Every system will have exclusives. I'm getting both Drive Club and Horizon 2. Don't care if either is exclusive. Care more about how the games will play, what modes and multiplayer options they will have. Yes, both games are Day 1 for me too. lol!!

TLOU never was a true next gen exclusive,it was develop with last gen PS3 in mind,and since it was on PS3 first and then PS4 is not exclusive.

@b4x said:

Watch and learn my friend. Drive Club does NONE of this. Accept turn and steer as you call it.. :p

Loading Video...

You just posted a video which confirms without shadow of the doubt that this game look like sh**,you can ride the whole open world crap,fact is Forza 5 isn't open world and doesn't stand even close to Drive Club,and this game visually doesn't even stand next to Forza 5 the details of the cars is sad open world hurt this game.

Hell Forza 1,2,3,4 all where over 90% Forza Horizon never reach such a high score since 1 is was 80+ so yeah open world serves for little don't downplay Drive Club because is not open world after all the best Forza games are not open world either.

@slimdogmilionar said:

@scottpsfan14: Like I said before you guys are joking right. DC technically better than Forza.WTF. Neither games is out yet but Forza's world sounds way more technically advanced than DC. Forza stretches across Southern Europe from the Alps to the Mediterranean Sea, no time for a geography lesson but google how much land mass that is. Not only that but Forza's weather system takes it even further by actually having a true working model of Earth's Atmosphere, which means the sky will change colors according to the atmosphere, red sky, blue sky, orange tinted sky, rainbow's and any other color that could come from particles in our atmosphere. 200+ cars, open world,dynamic weather, day and night cycle, drivatars,700+ events, 1000 member crew, barn finds, and more realistic handling. From what I saw in DC club it seems as if cars handle the same in rain as they do on a sunny day, in Forza you actually see cars sliding and dodging traffic do to weather conditions. I know you guys won't watch this but I'll post this for a 3rd time anyway.

Did they just drive that Lamborghini through an open field?

And the visuals look like crap even NFS look better than Forza Horizon which is saying something.

200+ cars is a joke is not like that damn engine is drawing 200 cars in front of your damn face.

Fact is DC look a hell of allot better is not open world but is open road something Forza 5 wasn't and still kick the living crap out of Forza,trying to downplay DC for not been like NFS is a joke GT isn't either neither is Forza 1,2,3,4,5 and from the and 4 out of those 5 are rated 90 or better,the whole open world crap is play out,NFS,Burnout and many other games have done that but the graphics never rival enclosed games,and score wise either.

Please do that try a Lamborghini through an open field and see what happen to the car,that car is not suited for off road,you will not get very far,but i guess that is the part where all the so call real and dynamic crap falls apart,driving a Ferrari over a open field while raining yeah is most be a beauty when those wheels for racing on asphalt fail you on the wet mud..

Forza Horizon is so real that is unreal..hahahahaa

#368 Posted by Draign (882 posts) -

@tormentos: Why are you trying to compare 30 fps arcade racer DC vs 60 fps Forza 5 simulation? DC might look better in a still frame, but in motion...

#369 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@tormentos: @lostrib See how tormentos just judged the off screen cam footage like I said the Cows would.

Not taking in account any of the features the developer mentioned in the video. :P

Graphics make a game /amiright tormentos? :P

EDIT: Then he goes on a rant about Forza 5 vs GT6. Trying to talk about FH2 features vs Driveclub.

Classic cow logic. :P

#370 Edited by hoosier7 (3968 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Bit hypocritical. You've certainly changed your tune since previous Forza never even had weather.

#371 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Bit hypocritical. You've certainly changed your tune since previous Forza never even had weather.

In DC does the weather even effect the handling? Watch the gifs again. There is zero traction loss, they are using normal dry pavement driving physics and overlaying it as weather demonstration. Watch the accelerating and cornering in the video. Even when he goes onto the soft shoulder there is zero traction loss?

#372 Edited by hoosier7 (3968 posts) -

@b4x said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

In DC does the weather even effect the handling? Watch the gifs again. There is zero traction loss, they are using normal dry pavement driving physics and overlaying it as weather demonstration. Watch the accelerating and cornering in the video. Even when he goes onto the soft shoulder there is zero traction loss?

Read the article. It effects handling, breaking, drifting etc. So yes there is traction loss.

#373 Posted by Ben-Buja (2772 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

And I'm sure it will be fantastic. Should I go for the PC version, or the PS4 version? I have a GTX 680.

We haven't seen much of the PS4 version yet. I'd probably go for the PC version for better wheel support, triple screen and the ability to adjust FOV etc.

Although it should be possible to include a fov slider in the console version, I wish console devs did that. I can't stand narrow FOV.

Triple screen? What PC do you think I have? lol.

lol yeah, i'm just saying it's an option.

Your 680 should play this fine with high settings

#374 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

@b4x said:

@hoosier7 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Read the article. It effects handling, breaking, drifting etc. So yes there is traction loss.

Now watch the gif again posted in this thread when the car in front does a abrupt correction to the left. There is Zero loss of traction. Or when he comes up on the right turn corner doing 100+ miles per hour and breaks normally.

I don't care what that article says. I know what my eyes see. I know how cars handle and so do you if you have one. I have a 6000 lb. truck that has hydro-planed in those same conditions at 80 mph. With all terrain new tires.

There are Zero weather physics being applied in those short videos. Even when the driver is over accelerating after breaking. The car not once breaks traction. Show me where any car in those videos breaks traction ONCE.

I'm just saying man. They are stuck to the road.

#377 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: Now watch the gifs and point out one instance where real world weather physics are being applied.

Show me where one car demonstrates it's even raining. Show me just one car that loses traction once.

Hitting a corner at 120+ miles per hour in those conditions and breaking like you're on hot sticky pavement is complete BS. You would be in the ditch on the other side of the road, or in the car in front of yours ass end. I don't care what you're driving.

Wall a text or not. The physics are not being applied in those short videos.

Quit white knighting this... open your eyes. Do you even own a car?

#378 Posted by blackace (21380 posts) -

Graphics look great. Weather effects look great. Now we need to find out about the most important part of the game. How the hell does it play? Is it fun and challenging? Graphic and weather effects are irrelevant if the game plays like crap.

#379 Posted by Suppaman100 (4332 posts) -

New Race king confirmed.

#382 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14: Now watch the gifs and point out one instance where real world weather physics are being applied.

Show me where one car demonstrates it's even raining. Show me just one car that loses traction once.

Hitting a corner at 120+ miles per hour in those conditions and breaking like you're on hot sticky pavement is complete BS. You would be in the ditch on the other side of the road, or in the car in front of your ass end. I don't care what you're driving.

Wall a text or not. The physics are not being applied in those short videos.

Quit white knighting this... open your eyes. Do you even own a car?

It's crazy how you know the exact physics of how rain effects race cars. But then we haven't played it. Chances are it will be noticable when playing the game. They said it is. If it isn't then that is their problem to fix.

It's funny thou. Show me some FH2 vids where it shows superior change in handling. I'm curious. DC could learn from it. Coz it's turning out to be a disaster of a game if we take everything you have said about it. BTW, people have played it and confirmed it's extremely fun to play. Why have you got a vendetta aginst it?

I don't have a true vendetta against the game. I have a vendetta against the over hyping of the game based solely on graphics. Show me in this video where the dude hit's 120 mph going in a corner?

Watch how the cars in front of this guy break traction ALOT. Don't tell me I don't know cars. WATCH the video too. This is driving in those exact same conditions demonstrated in those short videos. Come at me bro. :p

Loading Video...

#383 Posted by Heil68 (46851 posts) -

Well it's official, DC will be the best exclusive console racer this Fall.

#385 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:
@Heil68 said:

Day 1 for the TRUE next gen exclusive, Drive Club :D

Why do you keep saying that like it's a big deal? Forza 5 is a true next gen exclusive as well. **shrug** who cares. TLOU is no longer a true next gen exclusive. lol!! Do you care about that? You sound stupid every time you say that dumb shit. Every system will have exclusives. I'm getting both Drive Club and Horizon 2. Don't care if either is exclusive. Care more about how the games will play, what modes and multiplayer options they will have. Yes, both games are Day 1 for me too. lol!!

TLOU never was a true next gen exclusive,it was develop with last gen PS3 in mind,and since it was on PS3 first and then PS4 is not exclusive.

@b4x said:

Watch and learn my friend. Drive Club does NONE of this. Accept turn and steer as you call it.. :p

Loading Video...

You just posted a video which confirms without shadow of the doubt that this game look like sh**,you can ride the whole open world crap,fact is Forza 5 isn't open world and doesn't stand even close to Drive Club,and this game visually doesn't even stand next to Forza 5 the details of the cars is sad open world hurt this game.

Hell Forza 1,2,3,4 all where over 90% Forza Horizon never reach such a high score since 1 is was 80+ so yeah open world serves for little don't downplay Drive Club because is not open world after all the best Forza games are not open world either.

@slimdogmilionar said:

@scottpsfan14: Like I said before you guys are joking right. DC technically better than Forza.WTF. Neither games is out yet but Forza's world sounds way more technically advanced than DC. Forza stretches across Southern Europe from the Alps to the Mediterranean Sea, no time for a geography lesson but google how much land mass that is. Not only that but Forza's weather system takes it even further by actually having a true working model of Earth's Atmosphere, which means the sky will change colors according to the atmosphere, red sky, blue sky, orange tinted sky, rainbow's and any other color that could come from particles in our atmosphere. 200+ cars, open world,dynamic weather, day and night cycle, drivatars,700+ events, 1000 member crew, barn finds, and more realistic handling. From what I saw in DC club it seems as if cars handle the same in rain as they do on a sunny day, in Forza you actually see cars sliding and dodging traffic do to weather conditions. I know you guys won't watch this but I'll post this for a 3rd time anyway.

Did they just drive that Lamborghini through an open field?

And the visuals look like crap even NFS look better than Forza Horizon which is saying something.

200+ cars is a joke is not like that damn engine is drawing 200 cars in front of your damn face.

Fact is DC look a hell of allot better is not open world but is open road something Forza 5 wasn't and still kick the living crap out of Forza,trying to downplay DC for not been like NFS is a joke GT isn't either neither is Forza 1,2,3,4,5 and from the and 4 out of those 5 are rated 90 or better,the whole open world crap is play out,NFS,Burnout and many other games have done that but the graphics never rival enclosed games,and score wise either.

Please do that try a Lamborghini through an open field and see what happen to the car,that car is not suited for off road,you will not get very far,but i guess that is the part where all the so call real and dynamic crap falls apart,driving a Ferrari over a open field while raining yeah is most be a beauty when those wheels for racing on asphalt fail you on the wet mud..

Forza Horizon is so real that is unreal..hahahahaa

You are simply the biggest, most unreasonable, ridiculous fanboy on this forum.

#387 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

@b4x: Actually I found this.

That actually has affected handling due to the rain from what I see. I guess you're right.

I know FH2 has a shit load of assists that you can turn off or on that can glue you to the road.

I'm talking about those weather physics in DC. They are not present. 120 in to that corner is stupid. In the video I posted the guy is hitting corners in second gear and down shifting and breaking 500 feet before the corners. Watch the guy in the yellow car that is in forth place losing traction left and right.

All I was saying is the actual physics are not present in those videos. Are you saying they are?

#389 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@b4x: Actually I found this.

That actually has affected handling due to the rain from what I see. I guess you're right.

I know FH2 has a shit load of assists that can be turn off or on that can glue you to the road. I'm talking about those weather physics in DC. They are not present. 120 in to that corner is stupid. In the video I posted the guy is hitting corners in second gear and down shifting and breaking 500 feet before the corners. Watch the guy in the yellow car that is in forth place losing traction left and right.

All I was saying is the actual physics are not present in those videos. Are you saying they are?

Blog it. Dis shit needs preaching B4X!! Email Evo studios and get on to them right away. I don't want no shitty racer with broken physics. Quickly now!!!!

That's what I thought. :p

Can't win an argument.... Just blog it. This is called hydro-plane. Cool isn't it.

#392 Edited by stereointegrity (10833 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Wow! DC looks feking real!!! Day one!

DC has the water moving off the car

FH2 the water stays there even at 100 mph

#394 Edited by Riverwolf007 (24187 posts) -

8 zillion driveclub topics and strangely not one on their horrible motorstorm dev pedigree.

the most shallow vanilla forgettable race franchise of all of last gen.

so yeah... keep the conversation on gfx whatever you do.

#395 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (1033 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

@lglz1337 said:

@TorqueHappens08: hopefully you will turn off the sound when watching gt7 trailers when they come

Oh god I hope they finally nail the sounds. I love the GT series, but that has been always a big weak point.

Project CARS has excellent sound in comparison, it raises the bar in racing games imo. Stephen Baysted really knows what he's doing

actually concerning GT and sounds, i have some great news about GT7.

#396 Edited by PapaTrop (1710 posts) -

If there's one thing I've learned from Sony over the years is that I should believe that all footage seen is an exact representation of the final product, or in some cases, that the final product will be even better looking.

I'm going to have to go ahead and pre-order this bad boy.

#397 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (1033 posts) -

Too much butthurt in this thread, we should embrace that racing genre is still doing hot, but as for visuals...i want to see more of how it looks incar view while in the rain.

#398 Edited by Ben-Buja (2772 posts) -

@TorqueHappens08 said:

@Ben-Buja said:

@lglz1337 said:

@TorqueHappens08: hopefully you will turn off the sound when watching gt7 trailers when they come

Oh god I hope they finally nail the sounds. I love the GT series, but that has been always a big weak point.

Project CARS has excellent sound in comparison, it raises the bar in racing games imo. Stephen Baysted really knows what he's doing

actually concerning GT and sounds, i have some great news about GT7.

Do you now?

Are there even infos about GT7 yet?

#399 Posted by kinectthedots (2669 posts) -

@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Blog it. Dis shit needs preaching B4X!! Email Evo studios and get on to them right away. I don't want no shitty racer with broken physics. Quickly now!!!!

That's what I thought. :p

Can't win an argument.... Just blog it. This is called hydro-plane. Cool isn't it.

Hydro-plane at over 120 mph and the car stays in the middle of the road? LMAO and you talk about DC physics with this unrealistic FH2 example proving that it actually has crap physics?

If that was anywhere close to real car physics interacting with a wet surface it would have completely spun out of control at that speed, Good job B4X, you complain about broken physics and then show an example of FH2 worse than anything shown in Drive Club.

#400 Posted by lglz1337 (4117 posts) -

@b4x: this only proves that fh2 has some crappy physics LOL never seen a car slide like this