Drive Club's dynamic weather...oooooh ahhhhhh

#1 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

Link

I have to admit the graphics look incredible and the dynamic weather sounds terrific.....the game does not look as enjoyable as Forza 2 Horizon though....these short videos look like a drive with grandma.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (39235 posts) -

Is this the stuff that'll get patched in later?

#3 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27388 posts) -

Looking forward to trying out the free part of the game. Driving games aren't really my bag, but it does look beautiful.

#4 Posted by Desmonic (13457 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice: As I've said in the Lounge, the game looks amazing! That 1 year delay is really paying off! Remember the E3 2013 videos? Yuck!

Also can we please stop comparing Horizon 2 to DC? They're both racers yes, but one is an open world type racer and the other is a point to point (plus circuits) type racer. Not really two games in the "same boat" per say.

#5 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

Yes....weather not available at launch lol but will be patched later.

#6 Posted by freedomfreak (39235 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Cool.

#7 Posted by mems_1224 (46607 posts) -

weather dlc confirmed

#8 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@chikenfriedrice: As I've said in the Lounge, the game looks amazing! That 1 year delay is really paying off! Remember the E3 2013 videos? Yuck!

Also can we please stop comparing Horizon 2 to DC? They're both racers yes, but one is an open world type racer and the other is a point to point (plus circuits) type racer. Not really two games in the "same boat" per say.

It's difficult not to compare the 2 since it feels like they are going head to head but I do understand they are 2 different types of racers. Cows will point out that Drive Club looks better not taking in to account FH2 is open world.

#9 Posted by sam890 (1099 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

lmao

#10 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (27388 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

weather dlc confirmed

God it would be so funny if it was DLC (which it isn't, calm down boys), the SW lulz that would bring!

#11 Edited by Desmonic (13457 posts) -

Pretty gif:

(note: the video looks better, the gif is way too compressed)

#12 Posted by Shewgenja (8489 posts) -

That is straight up sexy!

#13 Posted by Alcapello (798 posts) -

I might actually have to try this out now.

#14 Edited by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

Day 1 for the TRUE next gen exclusive, Drive Club :D

#15 Edited by Zethrickk382 (134 posts) -

Hey even though I dislike racers, free is still free. I'll give it a test drive on release.

#16 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21562 posts) -
#17 Posted by the330and419 (223 posts) -

One of my most anticipated this year. Looks incredible. I was a little salty on the delay but looks like the delay helped because it looks incredible. Forza Horizon looks great too, but im more excited for Driveclub.

#18 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13473 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Pretty gif:

#19 Posted by wolverine4262 (19057 posts) -

All pretty, no substance. Like most Sony exclusives.

#20 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

I'll give it a shot but I like my arcade style racers ala Burnout and Midnight Club

#21 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13473 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

MS exclusives are similar, they can't even pull off the pretty part however.

#22 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21562 posts) -

not really. the game was a disaster a year ago. even gamespot said at this e3 that they played it last year and it wasn't fun at all. that changed at this year's E3 as they said and they were very excited and it was fun ti play. most previewes of this game after e3 were positive.

#23 Posted by jsmoke03 (12769 posts) -

man that is looking extra nice. come a long way since the comic con demo i played. hope it plays better as well

#24 Posted by silversix_ (14085 posts) -

Yet again lems are left in the dust with their Forza.

#25 Edited by Heirren (16585 posts) -

This looks better than any pc game.

#26 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@freedomfreak said:

weather dlc confirmed

God it would be so funny if it was DLC (which it isn't, calm down boys), the SW lulz that would bring!

That would be really funny.

#27 Posted by Ribnarak (2294 posts) -

looks pretty good especially on a console thats 400$

#28 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Sure fire way to make a game look good. Dim the lighting and make everything super wet

Does look impressive though but I'd prefer 1080p uncompressed footage to see if there's dithering etc

#29 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

Sure fire way to make a game look good. Dim the lighting and make everything super wet

Does look impressive though but I'd prefer 1080p uncompressed footage to see if there's dithering etc

You know fine well it looks good in all weather conditions.

#30 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Pretty gif:

I think that just about wraps up the car game graphics wars. Only on PlayStation!

#31 Posted by Pray_to_me (2834 posts) -

Call me crazy but I'm not a huge racing game fan. However If I do play a racing game I'd rather it have off the hook graphics like this with only 50 cars than shitty last gen graphics.

#32 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

Call me crazy but I'm not a huge racing game fan. However If I do play a racing game I'd rather it have off the hook graphics like this with only 50 cars than shitty last gen graphics.

Quality over quantity is the way. :)

#33 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9911 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Or you can just have both with Forza 2 Horizon :)

#34 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Pray_to_me said:

Or you can just have both with Forza 2 Horizon :)

Lets wait and see shall we...

#35 Edited by mems_1224 (46607 posts) -

pretty much. never understood why people get so excited for a generic looking racing game

#36 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

pretty much. never understood why people get so excited for a generic looking racing game

What would be a 'non generic' looking racing game? Does it need machine guns on the hud? Perhaps mechanical wings that allow you to fly?

#37 Edited by mems_1224 (46607 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

What would be a 'non generic' looking racing game? Does it need machine guns on the hud? Perhaps mechanical wings that allow you to fly?

That would be great. Sadly we're stuck with garbage like this and Forza.

#38 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@mems_1224 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

That would be great. Sadly we're stuck with garbage like this and Forza.

It actually would lol.

#39 Posted by melonfarmerz (1127 posts) -

As someone who's really into cars, if this game had a GT or Forza collection of cars, I'd definitely be forced to get a PS4.

#40 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7315 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

That is crazy.

#41 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

As someone who's really into cars, if this game had a GT or Forza collection of cars, I'd definitely be forced to get a PS4.

And simulator styled driving. Hopefully GT7 will use this as a benchmark and try to surpass it's visuals and feature set.

#42 Edited by Chutebox (36678 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Link

I have to admit the graphics look incredible and the dynamic weather sounds terrific.....the game does not look as enjoyable as Forza 2 Horizon though....these short videos look like a drive with grandma.

Can someone tell me what's so enjoyable about horizon? I don't get it. Just driving through cornfields? Honest question, not trying to be an ass.

Also, holy shit at those graphics.

#43 Posted by OhSnapitz (18122 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Pretty gif:

^ lol

..but yea that looks incredible (the vid that is).

#44 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

I don't know if the game will be any good, but it's a looker.

Will enjoy the ps+ portion.

#45 Edited by Gue1 (9513 posts) -

and this is only a first gen title, so you know things are only gonna get better from here.

#46 Posted by slimdogmilionar (488 posts) -

That's a joke right. If i'm not mistaken you have to pick your conditions before you race in DC. Forza has a working model of Earth's atmoshpere which not only affects the weather but the color of the sky and how fast/slow the moisture in the world dries up.

#47 Posted by Desmonic (13457 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

You two played it much, have you? Can I borrow it? :P

#48 Edited by Desmonic (13457 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@silversix_ said:

That's a joke right. If i'm not mistaken you have to pick your conditions before you race in DC. Forza has a working model of Earth's atmoshpere which not only affects the weather but the color of the sky and how fast/slow the moisture in the world dries up.

You can pre-select it yes, like any racing game with a weather system but I don't think you have to, if you don't want to. That would be kinda silly :P Though for more details, it's best you check the link in the OP (it goes into some detail on how the system works).

#49 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3854 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Lets see here. Driveclub has more detailed cars, better looking environments, more realistic lighting, just as good weather effects that look even better. All in all a more technically advanced game graphically. That said, FH2 will be fantastic knowing Turn 10. Graphics aren't everything.

#50 Posted by Seabas989 (10118 posts) -

And It'll still come out before TLG.