DreadNought(PC)will look better than its jawdropping Trailer

• 140 results
#1 Edited by CroidX (926 posts) -

I saw this on their twitter account and I am mindblown. The people from Yager who are co- developing Dead Island 2 are working on this. Its a space combat game with emphasis on management your capital ship.

#2 Edited by TheFadeForever (1634 posts) -

wholly shit I am stunned

wait I thought that was a cgi trailer

#3 Edited by GodspellWH (363 posts) -

UE4 is incredible

https://twitter.com/playdreadnought/with_replies

I thought it wasn;t true but I checked their twitter

#4 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15802 posts) -

Isn't it a general rule the actual game should look better than a video of it?

#5 Posted by GodspellWH (363 posts) -

wholly shit I am stunned

will I assume it was cgi or aleast pre rendered

#6 Posted by GodspellWH (363 posts) -

well ppl were saying it wasn;t going to look like that since they it looked cgi

#7 Posted by TheFadeForever (1634 posts) -

@TheFadeForever said:

wholly shit I am stunned

will I assume it was cgi or aleast pre rendered

well shit lol I guess we are going to see how the game turns out

#8 Posted by pelvist (4468 posts) -

It doesnt look better from those screenshots that where posted.

#9 Posted by MrYaotubo (2507 posts) -

Holy shit,where the heck are all this super amazing looking high end PC games coming from lately? :o

#10 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3768 posts) -

that's a good question. the best and least confusing answer i can give - yes and no.

yes because youtube's going to compress whatever you give it, and if it was ~60fps the result will be 30 fps. (A)

no because it's also possible someone could create a video based on a version of the game which won't actually be released, maybe it's using a special renderer, model assets, rendered on a superior device compared to the one the game would be released on, whatever. (B)

in days of old, B happened all the time, nowadays I think we'll see A happen all the time. games are looking so good they don't need to bullshit us any more.

#11 Edited by NFJSupreme (5025 posts) -

Was not expecting to be impressed when I entered thread cause I have never heard of this game. I'm impressed

#12 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15802 posts) -

@godspellwh said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

well ppl were saying it wasn;t going to look like that since they it looked cgi

Oh. Okay.

It's been a long time since we've seen a beefy space combat game. I don't care if there's a graphics downgrade. So long as it looks decent enough, I'll be happy.

#13 Posted by melonfarmerz (1012 posts) -

Can't believe that's not CG. When the dreadnaught appeared and destroyed everything, I actually laughed. It was so unexpected.

#15 Posted by CroidX (926 posts) -

Can't believe that's not CG. When the dreadnaught appeared and destroyed everything, I actually laughed. It was so unexpected.

Yea ppl did believe it was CGI when watching it

#16 Edited by BloodyTides (109 posts) -

LMAO that was me lol it was my twitter account that asked the question

#17 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1824 posts) -

Too bad , the game is rumored to be Free2Play . So ...

#18 Posted by CroidX (926 posts) -

LMAO that was me lol it was my twitter account that asked the question

lol that was you

#19 Posted by CroidX (926 posts) -

I read in the interview it will have story drive SP

#20 Posted by BloodyTides (109 posts) -

@CroidX said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Yes I asked them that when I saw the trailer man was I surprise with their reply

#22 Posted by NFJSupreme (5025 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: nothing wrong with free2play if it's done right. If done right it can be a great thing. For instance Smite is free2play but for $30 you can unlock all the gods as well as any future gods added to the game. That's a great deal. Or like planetside 2 where you really only have to put $35 into the game to get everything you need. Nothing wrong with the free2play model as long as it's not pay2win. I don't get why people don't like free 2 play. As a person who games on PC I love it. Download a game check it out. If it sucks delete it and forget about it. If it doesn't suck I'll throw some cash into it (always less than what I would have payed for a full priced game) and show some support and get a better experience. If done right free2play can be great for both the dev and the gamer.

#23 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1824 posts) -

@CroidX said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Yes I asked them that when I saw the trailer man was I surprise with their reply

Then , it is going to be awesome . Hopefully campaign will be epic .

#24 Posted by GodspellWH (363 posts) -
#25 Posted by GodspellWH (363 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: nothing wrong with free2play if it's done right. If done right it can be a great thing. For instance Smite is free2play but for $30 you can unlock all the gods as well as any future gods added to the game. That's a great deal. Or like planetside 2 where you really only have to put $35 into the game to get everything you need. Nothing wrong with the free2play model as long as it's not pay2win. I don't get why people don't like free 2 play. As a person who games on PC I love it. Download a game check it out. If it sucks delete it and forget about it. If it doesn't suck I'll throw some cash into it (always less than what I would have payed for a full priced game) and show some support and get a better experience. If done right free2play can be great for both the dev and the gamer.

Well rumored aside it will have story driven Single Player campaign

#26 Edited by NFJSupreme (5025 posts) -

@godspellwh: Then even more value for a Free2Play game. I'd definitely throw some dollars at them if this is a good game.

#27 Edited by CroidX (926 posts) -

@NFJSupreme said:

@godspellwh: Then even more value for a Free2Play game. I'd definitely throw some dollars at them if this is a good game.

Far as I know haven't heard anything about it being f2p or micro transactions but definitely a story driven campaign like what they said in the interview. Yager seems to do very well at making a good story

#28 Edited by DarthRamms (320 posts) -

Well I'll be damn so I was wrong they better not be BSing on us when the game comes out next year

#29 Posted by NFJSupreme (5025 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Far as I know haven't heard anything about it being f2p or micro transactions but definitely a story driven campaign like what they said in the interview. Yager seems to do very well at making a good story

it's all good with me either way. Although I'd be more likely to play it if it was f2p. 2015 is going to be a very expensive gaming year lol.

#30 Edited by CroidX (926 posts) -

Holy shit,where the heck are all this super amazing looking high end PC games coming from lately? :o

Yea games like Star Citizen was already impressive enough but this to man

#31 Posted by CroidX (926 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@NFJSupreme said:

it's all good with me either way. Although I'd be more likely to play it if it was f2p. 2015 is going to be a very expensive gaming year lol.

Yea it will be so many cool games coming out that year

#32 Posted by DarthRamms (320 posts) -

@jun_aka_pekto said:

that's a good question. the best and least confusing answer i can give - yes and no.

yes because youtube's going to compress whatever you give it, and if it was ~60fps the result will be 30 fps. (A)

no because it's also possible someone could create a video based on a version of the game which won't actually be released, maybe it's using a special renderer, model assets, rendered on a superior device compared to the one the game would be released on, whatever. (B)

in days of old, B happened all the time, nowadays I think we'll see A happen all the time. games are looking so good they don't need to bullshit us any more.

Well this is only at pre-alpha stage they got lots of time to amp up the graphics

#33 Posted by TheFadeForever (1634 posts) -

@CroidX said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Yea games like Star Citizen was already impressive enough but this to man

Honestly I think this is a huge shock when ppl thought it wasn't going to look like the trailer since it was too cgi looking.

#34 Edited by m3dude1 (826 posts) -

the trailer in OP is clearly cg, made even more obvious when watching the actual game play footage a few posts up. in no way does it look better, it looks far worse.

#35 Edited by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

the trailer in OP is clearly cg, made even more obvious when watching the actual game play footage a few posts up. in no way does it look better, it looks far worse.

looks damn good to me for a pre-alpha build esecially the ship upclose a least there actually is something to see. And we haven't seen a lot of them up close to see the details.

#36 Posted by hello505 (130 posts) -

No Man's Sky looks a lot funner. I am kinda annoyed with the influx of space games popping up lately, its a genre I thoroughly hate.

#37 Posted by harry_james_pot (10144 posts) -

Pretty impressive!

This, Star Citizen, and No Man's Sky.. It's a good time for space games. :D

#38 Edited by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

Out of the nightmares of console kiddies.

#40 Posted by bezza2011 (2215 posts) -

I think people are stuck in the past, were at a point now in gaming, that gameplay visuals are now at the point of CGI, CGI will no longer even exist as a standalone in the coming years, looking at that trailer and games like Star Citizen, it will just be seamless

#41 Edited by TheFadeForever (1634 posts) -

@bloodytides said:

I think the game will be played mostly third person mode and I haven't seen anything regarding the management so this is not a RTS. Probably going to ask them some more questions later on twitter.

It will basically be another combat space game with a lot of micromanagement. Probably along the lines of their first game.

#42 Posted by Sollet (7212 posts) -

And this is why consolites should STFU about graphics king talk. lol.

#43 Posted by DeathLordCrime (140 posts) -

@Sollet said:

#44 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4348 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

They also promissed an episodic, single-player, story-driven campaign. I guess multiplayer will be free-to-play and campaing will be sold apart.

#45 Edited by DarthRamms (320 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

They also promissed an episodic, single-player, story-driven campaign. I guess multiplayer will be free-to-play and campaing will be sold apart.

There will be both a sp and mp option not sure about the whole f2p as I didn;t read anything about that

#46 Posted by remiks00 (1535 posts) -

Holy shit I wasn't expecting that ending! lol

#47 Posted by NoodleFighter (6942 posts) -

@Sollet said:

Too bad the won't when more Uncharted is shown

#48 Posted by TheFadeForever (1634 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

There will be both a sp and mp option not sure about the whole f2p as I didn;t read anything about that

Yea the SP campaign could be sold apart while the MP is free. I think that would be pretty good idea.

#49 Posted by CroidX (926 posts) -

I think people are stuck in the past, were at a point now in gaming, that gameplay visuals are now at the point of CGI, CGI will no longer even exist as a standalone in the coming years, looking at that trailer and games like Star Citizen, it will just be seamless

We are closer than ever

#50 Edited by BloodyTides (109 posts) -

One of the developer on twitter responded and he said the quality will be very similar or better