Dragon Quest X Coming to 3DS

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

SOURCE

Launches in September, only announced for Japan so far.

Um, I'm very confused. (This makes 3DS the fourth system to be getting Dragon Quest X- Wii, Wii U, PC, and now 3DS).

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

This old port to 3DS is almost certainly going to stay in Japan. This MMORPG released in 2012 for Wii and last year on Wii U and we haven't heard a peep.

For those that don't know, don't let the game's title fool you. Dragon Quest 10 was an MMO, a Japan-exclusive massively multiplayer online role-playing game that released on Wii in 2012, Wii U in March 2013, Sept last year for PC, and even on Android. I suspect the 3DS version will have similar features as the Android version which released recently in Dec 2013.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidTy said:

It's probably going to stay in Japan. It released in 2012 for Wii and it's an MMO.

It released on Wii and Wii U in 2012. I presume it wasn't brought to the west so far because of those two platforms' relative lack of relevance in the western market.

3DS, on the other hand, might be able to support it, although judging by the fact that Dragon Quest 7 is still not here? I don't know if this one has a shot.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Just announce DQXI.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

This old port to 3DS is almost certainly going to stay in Japan. This MMORPG released in 2012 for Wii and last year on Wii U and we haven't heard a peep.

For those that don't know, don't let the game's title fool you. Dragon Quest 10 was an MMO, a Japan-exclusive massively multiplayer online role-playing game that released on Wii in 2012, Wii U in March 2013, Sept last year for PC, and even on Android. I suspect the 3DS version will have similar features as the Android version which released recently in Dec 2013.

It released on Wii and Wii U in 2012. I presume it wasn't brought to the west so far because of those two platforms' relative lack of relevance in the western market.

3DS, on the other hand, might be able to support it, although judging by the fact that Dragon Quest 7 is still not here? I don't know if this one has a shot.

Actually, DQ10 released on the Wii U in 2013 if I recall, but the Wii version was 2012.

In any event, with the whole Monthly fees ($12) associated with this title and then trying to sell it on 3DS (in Japan they get 2 hours a day free, KIDS TIME!). It's a tough sell for this DQ fan typing, especially how kid friendly and casual the game was designed to be. Plus, I just don't like monthly fees or MMOs tbh. I'm sure it could work on 3DS though, considering the Kids Time angle is working in Japan.

Observe:

---

"Unlike previous titles in the series, Square Enix’s Dragon Quest X will have a subscription fee for online play, but you can get two free hours of gaming time every day.

In a surprisingly smart move by the developer, the more casual-focused MMO title will host a certain period of time each day called “Kids’ Time”, when online play will be available without fees. According to Siliconera, there’s no need to prove your age either, but Square Enix is scheduling the free play periods for times that children will most likely be out of school."

Normally, a 30-day subscription costs roughly $12, while a 60-day subscription scales up to $24. Paying the maximum for 90 days tops out at $35.50, although all these amounts are estimated off of Japan’s prices...

...Dragon Quest X is currently set to launch for the Nintendo Wii on August 2nd in Japan[2012], with another version planned for the Wii U later on. There’s no North American release date just yet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy said:

Actually, DQ10 released on the Wii U in 2013 if I recall, but the Wii version was 2012.

In any event, with the whole Monthly fees ($12) associated with this title and then trying to sell it on 3DS (in Japan they get 2 hours a day free). It's a tough sell for this DQ fan typing, especially how kid friendly and casual the game was designed to be.

Observe:

"Unlike previous titles in the series, Square Enix’s Dragon Quest X will have a subscription fee for online play, but you can get two free hours of gaming time every day.

In a surprisingly smart move by the developer, the more casual-focused MMO title will host a certain period of time each day called “Kids’ Time”, when online play will be available without fees. According to Siliconera, there’s no need to prove your age either, but Square Enix is scheduling the free play periods for times that children will most likely be out of school."

Right.

I'm not saying the game is any good (although neither you nor I can say just how good or bad it is until we actually play it), I'm just noting that this is a pretty important development, as it seems to point at a 3DS future for the series (will Dragon Quest XI also be on 3DS? Or will it be Wii U/3DS multiplat?)

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

I don't get what SE are doing anymore. Their decisions are so weird.

mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

I did not expect it to come to the 3DS. I am told in a NeoGAF thread that it will be using some sort of cloud technology since it is a MMO. Interesting.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yet another DQ game that wont be localized. :'(

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#10 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Announce a Dragon Quest game with all the features of DQIX plus new ones. Please. I beg you. There needs to be such a great JRPG once a generation.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

I don't care for DQ X since I hate MMO. It can stay in Japan but it's DQ VII that I want.

LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts
@AcidTango said:

I don't care for DQ X since I hate MMO. It can stay in Japan but it's DQ VII that I want.

What this man said. Also, releasing this game for every platform, even the 3DS, which is Japan's dearest current gen video game thingie, is not going to make it super popular. They didn't like the MMO idea. They won't like the MMO idea. Give them what they want: bigass turn based RPG with lots of grinding and cute characters and enemies designed by Mr. Toriyama, which happens to be what we want too. Bravely Default proved that you can do plenty of weird and cool online things with the genre without making it feel like something different. Do that... And yes, again: bring Dragon Quest VII 3DS to the West.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

How is this possible?

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

Just announce DQXI.

they announced it but no platforms yet.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/06/12/dragon-quest-xi-development-will-made-home-consoles/

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Biggest WTF since the 2DS.

Where's My Localization Square?? I want MMO Dragon Quest too!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

@AcidTango said:

I agree with this.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

It's using some sort of cloud streaming tech I hear.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

DQVII or GTFO

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

Is there some sort of contract that says this game has to stay on Nintendo platforms and not the competing consoles?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

Is there some sort of contract that says this game has to stay on Nintendo platforms and not the competing consoles?

It's on iOS, Android, and PCs, so I highly doubt it.

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

It's on iOS, Android, and PCs, so I highly doubt it.

Thats news to me, haha. Although now I think I do faintly recall reading about it on PC. Anyway thanks.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3217 Posts

@LordQuorthon said:
@AcidTango said:

What this man said. Also, releasing this game for every platform, even the 3DS, which is Japan's dearest current gen video game thingie, is not going to make it super popular. They didn't like the MMO idea. They won't like the MMO idea. Give them what they want: bigass turn based RPG with lots of grinding and cute characters and enemies designed by Mr. Toriyama, which happens to be what we want too. Bravely Default proved that you can do plenty of weird and cool online things with the genre without making it feel like something different. Do that... And yes, again: bring Dragon Quest VII 3DS to the West.

You're right about DQ X not being popular in Japan. From what I know the sales of DQ X for the Wii was very low and the DQ games are very popular in Japan selling in the millions and for a game like DQ X to sell less then a million is very bad. The fans do not want a MMO in their DQ game.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

Not coming stateside. Only a tiny amount of Western gamers would pay monthly for a DQ MMO. This game isn't even doing amazing in Japan.

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

i can't wait to import it since its not coming to MURRICA. Oh wait the 3ds is region lock

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

@resevl4rlz said:

i can't wait to import it since its not coming to MURRICA. Oh wait the 3ds is region lock

Game is IP blocked anyway so, even if the 3DS was region free you wouldn't be able to play it.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45056 Posts

let me know when it comes to US. otherwise I don't give a bleep!

resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

@FlamesOfGrey said:

@resevl4rlz said:

Game is IP blocked anyway so, even if the 3DS was region free you wouldn't be able to play it.

really damn

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I just want the next console iteration please.