Dragon Age Inquisition VS The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt

#1 Posted by indzman (20213 posts) -

Amongst Biowares Dragon Age Inquisition and CDPR's The Witcher 3 : Wild Hunt Which game you are more interested ?

Enjoyed Dragon Age GOTY edition , Dragon Age 2 not so much , still more interested more in Inquisition day 1. Can't get into The Witcher 1 , trying to get into The Witcher 2 still. Will wait to see how TW 3 turns out.

#2 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (10416 posts) -

I think Dragon Age Inquistion has had some hype behind it like several months ago, but these past few months it's been all about The Witcher 3, and my preference is also for the latter, so for me: no contest.

#3 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10928 posts) -

The Witcher 3 .... big time!

#4 Posted by blamix99 (2582 posts) -

both looks great, but i think Witcher 3 is more badass

#5 Edited by Vaasman (11854 posts) -

Bioware lost too much good will with DA2 and the ME3 ending debacle, so for me Witcher 3 is looking much more promising. Inquisition is looking quite a bit better than DA2, to be fair, but it's still being made by the Bioware B team, so it's hard to really say if it will be an improvement in meaningful ways, aside from just fixing the crap that happened from rushing games out the door. CD Projekt made improvements in Witcher 2 over 1, and looks to improve 3 over 2. They've also done a lot to keep gamers happy with their business model, including discounts pre-launch, no paid DLC, and no DRM. Bioware would probably kill for the kind of word of mouth that garners, but EA is probably shitting on any of those ideas because they don't maximize profit.

#6 Edited by remiks00 (2656 posts) -

I'm buying both because both are going to be amazing games to be honest.

#7 Edited by Cloud_imperium (7057 posts) -

Both look awesome but my heart lies with Witcher 3 . Lore is much deeper in my opinion .

#8 Posted by lostrib (44099 posts) -

i would need to play both series

#9 Posted by santoron (8375 posts) -

Witchwe 3 for me. Not planning on playing any more Dragon Age games.

#10 Edited by StrongBlackVine (9597 posts) -

Dragon Age Inquisition, but they are spaced far enough apart that I will probably buy both Day One.

#11 Posted by musalala (2306 posts) -

Is this a trick question??? Witcher 3 by miles and miles!!!!

#12 Posted by Masculus (2878 posts) -

Hyped by W3. However the lack of gameplay footage up to this point is upsetting. Don't think they have the confidence to show it just yet, just tiny bits and cutscenes.

BW has done a good job so far in getting a clear feel of their new game for the public.

#13 Posted by cooolio (555 posts) -

@Masculus said:

Hyped by W3. However the lack of gameplay footage up to this point is upsetting. Don't think they have the confidence to show it just yet, just tiny bits and cutscenes.

BW has done a good job so far in getting a clear feel of their new game for the public.

Do not worry there will be gamplay e3.

#14 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12211 posts) -

My two most anticipated titles. I'm not going to choose between them. I can't wait to play both.

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (9217 posts) -

I think the Witcher will have a better storyline.... it is quite unique. and better graphics.

But I think as a RPG in terms of gameplay Dragon Age will be the better game.... simply more to it.

That being said... looking foward to both pretty equally... providing DA3 is NOTHING like DA2...

#17 Posted by lamprey263 (26177 posts) -

Shadow of Mordor looks better than either...

Loading Video...

#18 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (9491 posts) -

I want both 100% equally. Show me some more game play and that may flip flop a bit.

#19 Edited by mems_1224 (49016 posts) -

Dragon Age. I like that world and those characters a lot more.

#20 Posted by freedomfreak (44563 posts) -

The Witcher 3.

It's impossible to measure my indifference towards the Dragon Age franchise.

#21 Posted by PcGamingRig (7191 posts) -

If DA:I is like DA:O you can consider me excited, but we don't know a lot about it yet.

Witcher 3 all the way atm.

#22 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

witcher by a mile. bioware and ea are overrated

#23 Edited by naz99 (1913 posts) -

Why do they have to be VS, they come out at different times can't we play one and enjoy it, then play the other and do the same???

Do they have to compete for internt ownage?

#25 Posted by texasgoldrush (9569 posts) -

@PcGamingRig said:

If DA:I is like DA:O you can consider me excited, but we don't know a lot about it yet.

Its not...it looks like Dragon's Dogma with party control. This is what it needs to be.

however, the Witcher 3 will be better. Why?

Because CD Projeckt is making the game they want to make, not pander to the forums like Bioware is now doing. Bioware is now held captive by a narrow minded dense fanbase who only wants and understands clichéd hero storylines and choices with consequences they want. So after the steps taken forward (or the stumble forward) with DA2 and ME3's ending, they revert back to their same conservative self. And DA:I's plot is basically ME3 in Thedas.

Hopefully Bioware's A team, there new IP, will get away from their fanbase and be the game they want it to be.

#26 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

The Witcher 3 by far. Even dragon age origins does not come close to witcher 2.

#27 Posted by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@PcGamingRig said:

Its not...it looks like Dragon's Dogma with party control. This is what it needs to be.

Because CD Projeckt is making the game they want to make, not pander to the forums like Bioware is now doing. Bioware is now held captive by a narrow minded dense fanbase who only wants and understands clichéd hero storylines and choices with consequences they want. So after the steps taken forward (or the stumble forward) with DA2 and ME3's ending, they revert back to their same conservative self. And DA:I's plot is basically ME3 in Thedas.

Hopefully Bioware's A team, there new IP, will get away from their fanbase and be the game they want it to be.

ah here it is, texasbiowaredickriderextraordinaire, if only "cliched" stories and consequences worked games like the witcher 2 wouldn't have succeded, bioware has received bad feedback about their stories and consequences because their last games have bad ones, including dragon age 2 and mass effect 3, different does not mean better, they were just bad, period.

Now feel free to bring the tears and spam this thread with 20 replies/page thinking that because i will ignore you after this you "won" this argument xD.

#28 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (593 posts) -

TW3 would be my pick. I am not taking anything away from DAO however; it looks fantastic in its own right.

#29 Posted by jhcho2 (4613 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

All a matter of opinion. Witcher games don't have the character customization which WRPGs are accustomed to - something which is essential to me. I don't like playing as a Ranger in chainmail.

#30 Edited by musalala (2306 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@PcGamingRig said:

ah here it is, texasbiowaredickriderextraordinaire, if only "cliched" stories and consequences worked games like the witcher 2 wouldn't have succeded, bioware has received bad feedback about their stories and consequences because their last games have bad ones, including dragon age 2 and mass effect 3, different does not mean better, they were just bad, period.

Now feel free to bring the tears and spam this thread with 20 replies/page thinking that because i will ignore you after this you "won" this argument xD.

texasbiowaredickriderextraordinaire....this is all that needs to be said really Looking at Dragon Age Inquistition you can already see its the same trite story telling gather your allies to save the world bullsh*t they have been doing since Mass effect 1

#31 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@jhcho2 said:

@Krelian-co said:

All a matter of opinion. Witcher games don't have the character customization which WRPGs are accustomed to - something which is essential to me. I don't like playing as a Ranger in chainmail.

true, the real flaw of the character customization is that you cannot make your own character, but you can make the class you want, depending on the skill tree you choose and armor/weapon your combat style changes a lot, like a normal wrpg would depending on the class.

#32 Edited by Ballroompirate (23871 posts) -

Both look amazing, gonna buy both, play both tell my arse is raw and my eyes bleed.

#33 Edited by texasgoldrush (9569 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@PcGamingRig said:

No, the fanbase is really too stupid to see that the choices, especially the last one in ME3, were foreshadowed and touched upon all series long. the truth is, unlike Witcher fans, Bioware fans hate no win choices, where none of the consequences are ideal while The Witcher actually attacks "choice", "choice" is a bad thing. Bioware fans want complete ownership of the story and Bioware simply won't and shouldn't do it, and when they don't get the choice and consequence they want, they whine and cry over BSN.

And really, ME3's final choice fit the themes of the entire series, the fanbase they have is too dumb to see it, this is a fact.

And you still think I am a Biodrone, wow, don't have children, you will lower the IQ of the world.

#34 Edited by clyde46 (47840 posts) -

Oh look, its the Bioware drone.

#35 Posted by Bigboi500 (31646 posts) -

They both look great to me. Can't wait to play them.

#36 Edited by DefconRave (806 posts) -

Gonna eventually get both. Good AAA RPGs are hard to find.

#37 Posted by Sollet (7617 posts) -

While I will get both, I do prefer Witcher 3.

#38 Edited by texasgoldrush (9569 posts) -

@musalala said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@PcGamingRig said:

texasbiowaredickriderextraordinaire....this is all that needs to be said really Looking at Dragon Age Inquistition you can already see its the same trite story telling gather your allies to save the world bullsh*t they have been doing since Mass effect 1

Well duh!. Notice that I am critical of Bioware rehashing the same story over and over while its fans stick their head in sand, praising Bioware for play it safe populist storytelling.

I am not the Biodrone you think I am. Dragon Age simply is not a great franchise.

#39 Posted by Shmiity (5374 posts) -

Witcher 3, without a doubt. Dragon Age 1 and 2 just didn't cut it for me. I LIKED them, but Bioware just always seems to fall short on the amount of customization/exploring I want in an RPG. That game is all talk. (Literally, the dialogue tree is probably the best part). The Witcher is the first next gen RPG, Ive been saying it for months.

#40 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26273 posts) -

Inquisition doesn't stand a chance against what will be game of the forever, but it has a very good chance of being a solid game. Latest combat footage made me a little worried (reminded me of monster hunter for some reason) but as long as we got tactical camera, we'll manage.

#41 Posted by 001011000101101 (4196 posts) -

Both look good.

#42 Edited by Krelian-co (13274 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@PcGamingRig said:

No, the fanbase is really too stupid to see that the choices, especially the last one in ME3, were foreshadowed and touched upon all series long. the truth is, unlike Witcher fans, Bioware fans hate no win choices, where none of the consequences are ideal while The Witcher actually attacks "choice", "choice" is a bad thing. Bioware fans want complete ownership of the story and Bioware simply won't and shouldn't do it, and when they don't get the choice and consequence they want, they whine and cry over BSN.

And really, ME3's final choice fit the themes of the entire series, the fanbase they have is too dumb to see it, this is a fact.

And you still think I am a Biodrone, wow, don't have children, you will lower the IQ of the world.

ah another dumb texas post excusing the joke "choices" and terrible ending from mass effect.

Refer to witcher 2 on how to make real meaningful choices that affect the world more than a different line of dialogue and that are actually in line with geralt and the world. Keep the tears flowing and the bad excuses, texasclown.

#43 Posted by mikhail (2697 posts) -

The great thing is, and I think a lot of people especially in System Wars lose track of this, is that you don't have to choose.

#44 Edited by AzatiS (8394 posts) -

Witcher 3 easily for me ...

#45 Posted by silversix_ (16632 posts) -

both look great and after finally seeing real gameplay of DA3 im more excited for it than TW3. Main reason is the combat system, TW3 has the same crappy combat system it had in TW2...

#46 Posted by uninspiredcup (13643 posts) -

Both appear to be very pretentious titles. Objectively, gameplay wise, The Witcher 3 will probably be slightly less worse.

Sadly, the price point will turn many people off, due to the fact it's heavily overpriced.

#47 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7633 posts) -

Both look amazing but Dragons Age for me

#48 Edited by texasgoldrush (9569 posts) -

#

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Krelian-co said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@PcGamingRig said:

ah another dumb texas post excusing the joke "choices" and terrible ending from mass effect.

Refer to witcher 2 on how to make real meaningful choices that affect the world more than a different line of dialogue and that are actually in line with geralt and the world. Keep the tears flowing and the bad excuses, texasclown.

So can Triss, Zoltan, and Dandelion die from the choices Geralt makes, or do they have plot armor? Hell, Roche, Iorveth, and Ves are plot armor too. Not so in Mass Effect 3, where any character can die. So while TW2 has more plot altering choices, ME3 has more choices that affect the characters.

And praising TW2 for meaningful choices while bashing ME3's ending makes you a huge hypocrite because really, the original TW2 ending, none of your choices matter. The ending was the same, Witcher and pals walk out of Loc Muinne in three different combos (similar to RGB in ME3), no matter your choices all throughout the game. So basically CDProjeckt and Bioware committed the very same errors when it comes to the ending of their game, and both had to flesh their endings out in a free download to add more context and show the consequences of your actions (and really, I would not be surprised if Bioware looked at how TW2 fixed their ending when developing ME3's Extended Cut). Just like Bioware, CDP overpromised and under delivered on the ending to TW2, the only difference is Witcher fans are mature enough to not go insane on the boards.

And please explain to me how ME3's choices are "jokes"? Sorry, they are not, they are consistent with the universe of ME3 and the character of Shepard. Your hate dumb is showing again.

#49 Posted by CyberLips (1827 posts) -

The Witcher 3 looks amazing, Inquisition is just meh at the moment for me.

#50 Posted by krisroe_213 (881 posts) -

Not even Biodrones can defend Dragon Age against the might of The Witcher 3