Dragon Age: Inquisition to have Kinect voice commands

• 93 results
#51 Edited by handssss (1824 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

"Better with Kinect" HAHAHA. Be ready to repeat the same sentence 4-6 times to progress a dialogue rofl.

aka "we bribed the devs to not give any other version voice controls even though they were perfectly capable."

Tomb Raider proves you don't need a $100 camera to voice control.

#52 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Dumbs the game down and turns it into a shitty hack in slash game for children.

Thus, Dragon Age 2.5: Boogaloo Edition.

So they bring in destructive interactive environments that react to physical force, spells and powerful enemies, they bring back the top-down tactical view mode, even for consoles, then they eliminate on-disc DLC....

yet you say Dragon Age 2.5 because of optional control methods...

credibility fading...

What credibility? ;P

#53 Edited by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

So they bring in destructive interactive environments that react to physical force, spells and powerful enemies, they bring back the top-down tactical view mode, even for consoles, then they eliminate on-disc DLC....

My friend, Dragon Age was the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. An intellectual game for pc gamers. This is Diablo for youngsters, but not good.

#54 Posted by always_explicit (2715 posts) -

@shawn30: Yeah, I'm laughing at kinect, so what? The majority of this forum does. Cry me a river.

I am not sure what is so laughable about talking. I am in the comfort of my own home with my wife and kids playing the game I bought on the console I Bought in the house I own, who cares if I want to cast a spell using my voice. I am mature and confident enough not to be afraid of my own shadow.

Games are for fun first and foremost and I dont see how this is anything short of a nice/fun feature. Emphasis on the word "feature". You dont have to use it, you are not being forced to use it. So really ridiculing other people for choosing to do something you dont wish to do makes you look very silly.

Being hyper critical of features is one of the reasons gamers suffer with so many remakes/rehashes/sequels and flat our uninspiring games. Devs are too scared to take risks because they dont want to alienate gamers who dont want to try anything new. I mean its talking for christs sake...

I am glad you dont like it...the less the world hears what you have to say the better.

#55 Posted by ristactionjakso (5713 posts) -

"Dude, that dragon is hard as heck. Phuck that dragon."

See someone in the background humping a dragon.

#56 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, Dragon Age was the spiritual successor to Baldurs Gate. An intellectual game for pc gamers. This is Diablo for youngsters, but not good.

Dragon Age Origins is NOTHING compared to Baldur's Gate and BG2 craps all over it. Hell its closer to the superior FFXII than Baldur's Gate.

#57 Posted by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Dragon Age Origins is NOTHING compared to Baldur's Gate and BG2 craps all over it. Hell its closer to the superior FFXII than Baldur's Gate.

Final Fantasy is a children game for Japanese children who watch anime. Not intellectual. Waste of time.

#58 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Final Fantasy is a children game for Japanese children who watch anime. Not intellectual. Waste of time.

Now it is...but not back then.

And FFXII is written in part by Matsuno, far better than the writers of DAO......Vagrant Story > DA

#59 Edited by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend many of the young people say "oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhh , final fantasy use to be soooooooooooooOOooooo good, please please remake 7!"

But, when you actually go back and play 7, it's shite. Like all of them. This i not the case with Baldurs Gate. Many console gamers are known to play it today and go "wow this is amazing, so much better than Mass Effect"

This is partly due to the dumbing down of gaming and the fact Baldurs Gate is a masterpiece, obviously.

#60 Edited by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend many of the young people say "oh oh oh oh ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, final fantasy use to be soooooooooooooOOooooo good, please please remake 7!"

But, when you actually go back and play 7, it's shite. Like all of them. This i not the case with Baldurs Gate. Many console gamers are known to play it today and go "wow this is amazing, so much better than Mass Effect"

This is partly due to the dumbiing down of gaming and the fact Baldurs Gate is a masterpiece, obviously.

Go back and play FFVI and FF Tactics, and really FFIX....those are the games that hold up well.

Baldur's Gate II is Biowares best game, but the Mass Effect series is Bioware's greatest creative accomplishment. And really, the first Baldur's Gate does NOT hold up well.

#61 Edited by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

Ripping off star trek, not too great an accomplishment. But, if you like.

#62 Edited by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

and Baldur's Gate doesn't rip things off? Hell, its a licensed property.

And while Mass Effect takes for many sci fi works, it at least makes a sci fi universe with its own soul.

#63 Posted by magicalclick (22448 posts) -

I wonder how easy it is to implement. I guess Kinect is doing the whole work? So, the coding will just be like if(speech == "spell name") do the spell. That would be really neat. Voice command has been done in Xbox and PS2, but, it is always hard to make that extra logic. If XboxOne does it easily for free, I think it will be great for adding that extra experience to the game. Would love to do this on Lego Marvel. I haven't tried it, but, it will be so much easier to change character by saying the Hero/Villain name.

#64 Posted by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

And while Mass Effect takes for many sci fi works, it at least makes a sci fi universe with its own soul.

But it's star trek.

#65 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

Actually, its not. In fact, its the opposite of Star Trek.

#66 Posted by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

#67 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

No, Mass Effect is better than Voyager and Enterprise, almost on par with Deep Space Nine, an dbetter than most TNG and TOS episodes.

And really, only a moron would say Mass Effect is like Star Trek, really Mass Effect is much closer to Babylon 5, Stargate, and Battlestar Galatica.

#68 Edited by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

almost on par with Deep Space Nine,

#69 Edited by lamprey263 (23187 posts) -

nothing new, Mass Effect 3 did the same thing, still preferred using the wheel, it paused the action and gave me a chance to ponder things

#70 Posted by 001011000101101 (3951 posts) -

This whole DA:I thing is a repetition of ME3 so far. Sadly, though I liked ME3 overall.

- "Our game has tons of super different endings!!!"

- Kinect voice commands! At least 20 people will be happy about this!

What next?

#71 Posted by lundy86_4 (43010 posts) -

Newsworthy stuff right here. Boooooom!

#72 Edited by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

Lost in the news is that Cullen is now returning from DA2 and is a romance option companion.

So its Varric, Cassandra, Cullen, Vivenne, Iron Bull, Sera, and Solus.

#73 Edited by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

So laughs the idiot who knows very little about sci fi.

To even say that Mass Effect is like Star Trek is so laughable.

#74 Posted by 001011000101101 (3951 posts) -

Lost in the news is that Cullen is now returning from DA2 and is a romance option companion.

But Bioware romances... This is the company that's scared to show two people touching each other before fading to black.

#75 Edited by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@001011000101101 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

But Bioware romances... This is the company that's scared to show two people touching each other before fading to black.

And really, Dragon Age romances are pretty terrible. In both DAO and DA2

I actually wish Bioware would do a game without romances.

#76 Edited by 001011000101101 (3951 posts) -

@001011000101101 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Yea it's a real shame, since they're actually able to write okay characters. Just let us befriend them and then leave it at that. It's when things start to get "romantic" that things fall apart.

#77 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@001011000101101 said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Yea it's a real shame, since they're actually able to write okay characters. Just let us befriend them and then leave it at that. It's when things start to get "romantic" that things fall apart.

Don't get me wrong though....the romances in ME3 were very well done. they added to the narrative. DAO and DA2's...not so much.

#78 Posted by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

My friend I use to help write Babylon 5.

#79 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

It's not that popular but I personally LOVE Babylon 5.

#HAILG'KAR

#80 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

Sounds like you didn't.

Then you should know that Mass Effect is far more influenced by Babylon 5.

#81 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26275 posts) -

Oh no! An optional function that can be avoided. Whatever shall I do? /sarcasm

I've gotten on EA's ass for many things, but this in particular isn't worth it.

#82 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

You know, I'm used to people on system wars arguing hardware specs with a degree in engineering that can only be obtained through internet anonymity. But this... wow this is whole new achievement in false credibility :|

#83 Posted by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

Sounds like you didn't.

Mass Effect is a po faced star wars without the fun. Dog in Halflife 2 emotes better.

Trust me I'm a writer.

#84 Posted by BattleSpectre (5966 posts) -

Really don't see why a thread is needed on this considering you can just turn the setting off.

#85 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

dem quote chains...

#86 Posted by santoron (7692 posts) -

Never understood the point in using the Kinect as primarily a microphone. But hell, nothing wrong with options. Superior version confirmed, PS4 am cry.

#87 Posted by Silverbond (16049 posts) -

But why Cullen?

He's just another random templar dude to me

#88 Edited by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@Silverbond said:

But why Cullen?

He's just another random templar dude to me

No he isn't.....he is the Knight Commander of the Templars after Meredith is killed.

They are putting him in because he is a fan favorite. He was also in DAO.

#89 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2128 posts) -

Angry Birds Star WarsPuzzle, StrategyRovio Entertainment
Exient Entertainment
ActivisionNoSupportedNoTBANovember 22, 2013November 22, 2013[4]
Assassin's Creed IV: Black FlagAction-adventure, Open world,StealthUbisoft MontrealUbisoftNoSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][6][7]
Battlefield 4First-person shooterEA Digital Illusions CEElectronic ArtsNoSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][10]
Call of Duty: GhostsFirst-person shooterInfinity WardActivisionNoSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][15]
Crimson DragonRail shooterGrounding, IncMicrosoft StudiosYesSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][citation needed]
D4TBAAccess GamesMicrosoft StudiosYesSupportedNoTBATBATBA[25]
Dead Rising 3Survival horrorCapcom VancouverMicrosoft StudiosYesSupportedYes2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][26]
Fable LegendsAction role-playingLionhead StudiosMicrosoft StudiosYesSupportedNoTBATBATBA[40]
FIFA 14SportsEA CanadaElectronic ArtsNoSupportedYes2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][42]
Forza Motorsport 5Sim racingTurn 10 StudiosMicrosoft StudiosYesSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][46][47]
Killer InstinctFightingDouble Helix Games
Rare Ltd.
Microsoft StudiosYesSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][58]
Madden NFL 25SportsElectronic ArtsElectronic ArtsNoSupportedNoTBANovember 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][67]
NBA 2K14SportsVisual Concepts2K SportsNoSupportedNoTBANovember 22, 2013November 22, 2013[77]
Need for Speed: RivalsRacingGhost GamesElectronic ArtsNoSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][79][80]
Peggle 2PuzzlePopCap GamesElectronic ArtsTimedSupportedNo2014December 9, 2013December 9, 2013[83][84][85]
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden WarfareTower defense, Third-person shooterPopCap GamesElectronic ArtsTimedSupportedNoSpring 2014February 20, 2014February 25, 2014[87][88][89]
Project SparkSandboxTeam DakotaMicrosoft StudiosMicrosoftSupportedNoTBATBA2014[93]
Ryse: Son of RomeAction-AdventureCrytekMicrosoft StudiosYesSupportedNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][100]
Soda Drinker ProSimulatorSnowrunnerSnowrunnerConsoleSupportedNoTBASeptember 2014September 2014[105]
There Came an EchoStrategyIridium StudiosIridium StudiosNoSupportedNoTBATBATBA[115]
ThiefStealthEidos MontrealSquare EnixNoSupportedNoFebruary 27, 2014February 28, 2014February 25, 2014[116][117]
Tomb Raider: Definitive EditionAction-adventureCrystal DynamicsSquare EnixNoSupportedNoJanuary 31, 2014January 31, 2014January 28, 2014[121]
The Witcher 3: Wild HuntAction role-playingCD Projekt REDcdp.pl
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
NoSupportedNoTBATBATBA[130]

Zoo Tycoon

Those games support Kinect

Also Kinect games:

Blue EstateFirst person shooter, Rail ShooterHESAWFocus Home InteractiveNoYesNoTBATBATBA[12]
Fantasia: Music EvolvedMusic, RhythmHarmonixDisney Interactive StudiosMicrosoftYesNo201420142014[41]
Fighter WithinFightingDaokaUbisoftYesYesNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][43]
FRUPuzzle, PlatformThrough GamesThrough GamesConsoleYesNoTBATBATBA[48]
Just Dance 2014RhythmUbisoft MilanUbisoftNoYesNo2014November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1]
Kinect Sports RivalsSportsRare Ltd.Microsoft StudiosYesYesYes2014April 11, 2014April 8, 2014[26]
The ManifesteAdventurePlayhouse EntertainmentPlayhouse EntertainmentNoYesNoTBATBATBA[69]
Xbox FitnessFitnessSumo DigitalMicrosoft StudiosYesYesNo2013November 22, 2013November 22, 2013[n 1][134]

Zumba Fitness: World Party

40% all games that coming out supports KINECT

#90 Posted by texasgoldrush (9138 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

Sounds like you didn't.

Mass Effect is a po faced star wars without the fun. Dog in Halflife 2 emotes better.

Trust me I'm a writer.

No, you are an idiot and a liar.

And Mass Effect is far from Star Wars in its style of storytelling. Once again, you proven to be the fool.

#91 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Both are in reference to Mass Effect:

Trust me I'm a writer.

Comparing something to both Star Trek and Star Wars?

#92 Posted by uninspiredcup (7857 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But it's star trek.

True, star trek is good.

Sounds like you didn't.

Trust me I'm a writer.

No, you are an idiot and a liar.

And Mass Effect is far from Star Wars in its style of storytelling. Once again, you proven to be the fool.

Mass Effect rips off every sci-fi cliche on the planet and somehow manages to be boring. Only Bioware could create such a feat.

#93 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

@texasgoldrush said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Spartan070 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Shouldn't you be logged into your Sniper account for this?

#94 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -

dem quote chains...

I was noticing the same thing >:(