Dragon Age: Inquisition to have Kinect voice commands

• 93 results
#1 Posted by uninspiredcup (13641 posts) -

This will enhance the Xbox version and make it superior, yes?

Also Dragon Age 2.5.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (32076 posts) -

Just like they were awesome in ME3,right?

#3 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

I'm just happy to hear that they have included native gamepad support for Inquisition. Hopefully they make it standard for all their cross platform games on PC from now on.

#4 Posted by uninspiredcup (13641 posts) -

@dommeus said:

I'm just happy to hear that they have included native gamepad support for Inquisition. Hopefully they make it standard for all their cross platform games on PC from now on.

This comment will inflame pc gamers who like gaming. Or people, who like gaming.

#5 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@uninspiredcup:

What's wrong with giving gamers both options?

#6 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

That $100 mark up is really justifying itself now.

#7 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

This will enhance the Xbox version and make it superior, yes?

Also Dragon Age 2.5.

Using Kinect is cool in Dead Rising and Ryse, albeit its only for basic stuff. Nice to see devs making use of the hardware. We'll see what comes of this, but its a level of extra immersion. Thanks for posting.

#8 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

Waste of resources.

#9 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@shawn30: Talking to your tv is immersive to you?

Lol.

#10 Edited by charizard1605 (62756 posts) -

I don't see how a grafted gimmick is indicative of Dragon Age Inquisition (which looks amazing, btw) is indicative of the game's quality being potentially questionable.

#11 Posted by StormyJoe (6748 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

Ummm... they were awesome in ME3 and Skyrim.

#12 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

Maybe you can tell shout at the Kinect to make your character LARGE

#13 Edited by 06 (952 posts) -

Seems like a nice feature to have, but I'll still be picking it up for the PS4.

#14 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@shawn30: Talking to your tv is immersive to you?

Lol.

Playing a RPG and geeking out over saying a spell or using voice or motion to move party members could be cool. This is a videogame meant for fun, lol. Way to be serious man :)

#15 Edited by charizard1605 (62756 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@MonsieurX said:

Ummm... they were awesome in ME3 and Skyrim.

They would have been much more awesome in Skyrim if Dovahkiin didn't repeat the commands we shouted. That kind of ruined it, at least for me.

#16 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@shawn30: so it was a joke. That makes sense.

#17 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@shawn30: so it was a joke. That makes sense.

Oh no, was serious about the fun I would have doing that. I'll leave the jokes to you, lol.

#18 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@shawn30: No jokes here little buddy. You get enough of those every time you talk to your Xbox.

#19 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9937 posts) -

LOL Kinect

LOL Bioware game

LOL uninspiredcup thread

#20 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@shawn30: No jokes here little buddy. You get enough of those every time you talk to your Xbox.

Wow, you really have Xbox on the brain. I've never understand Cows issues with people enjoying non-Sony products. think you may need a wee bit more maturity and a tiny bit more of a life than to laugh at people enjoying things you don't. Pretty immature, pal. Maybe you should go outside and ride your bike? Or mooo! Either or:)

#21 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@shawn30: lol, you're the one getting serious. Im just laughing at you. Telling me to go outside just makes you look like more of a kid then you already are.

#22 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

@shawn30: lol, you're the one getting serious. Im just laughing at you. Telling me to go outside just makes you look like more of a kid then you already are.

I mean really, you're on a gaming website talking to gamers about additional game play elements and laughing at people who may enjoy them, and that you don't see how dumb that makes you look tells me all I need to know about you. I get that you need to occupy your time somehow, and adding something worthwhile to the discussion isn't your cup of tea. Anyway, I'm done. You're welcome to the last word, kid. Hope you enjoy it. I know it means a lot to you. :)

#23 Posted by Heil68 (48451 posts) -

No other chance but to get the PS4 version. Thanks MS. :(

#24 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1454 posts) -

@shawn30: Yeah, I'm laughing at kinect, so what? The majority of this forum does. Cry me a river.

#25 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

people here are assholes. The commands in ME3 were awesome because you don't have to pause to heal or have allies cast spells. It allows you to use more then the assign buttons. Especially in dragon age where you have 10-20 spells and only 3 assign buttons.

#26 Edited by uninspiredcup (13641 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@uninspiredcup:

Dumbs the game down and turns it into a shitty hack in slash game for children.

Thus, Dragon Age 2.5: Boogaloo Edition.

Loading Video...

#27 Posted by pelvist (5296 posts) -

PC gamers can have voice commands in ANY game for PC. The reason they dont is because it adds absolutely nothing to the gameplay experience.

#28 Edited by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@dommeus said:

@uninspiredcup:

Game was already dumbed down, as are all of Bioware's franchises at this point.

What's the issue with giving me the option when it plays better with a controller anyway? Not my fault that Bioware went the way they did.

Do you not use a controller for any games on your PC? I find that hard to believe.

#29 Edited by uninspiredcup (13641 posts) -

@dommeus said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@dommeus said:

@uninspiredcup:

Game was already dumbed down, as are all of Bioware's franchises at this point.

Yes.

#30 Posted by The_Last_Ride (75209 posts) -

Now we can all enjoy shouting commands Kinect doesn't understand at the tv everyone :D

#31 Posted by uninspiredcup (13641 posts) -

I think the problem lies in kinect not understanding "fucking work you piece of shit".

#32 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

This is a gimmick but the touch-pad isn't. Cow logic.

#33 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Now we can all enjoy shouting commands Kinect doesn't understand at the tv everyone :D

Kinect X1 works 95% you fing hater. The only times it doesn't work is if there is loud background noise or more than two people talking at once.

#34 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

@PinkieWinkie said:

Waste of resources.

this

#35 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29953 posts) -

Okay but why would you play Dragon Age on anything but a PC.

#36 Posted by stationplay_4 (444 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

This is a gimmick but the touch-pad isn't. Cow logic.

the difference between the touch-pad and the kinect is the touch-pad doesn't make the console go up 100 dollars in price.

#37 Posted by AdobeArtist (23088 posts) -

Don't need it. I'll be able to telepathically communicate with my party to tell them to fire arrows, cast spells, shield bash, or what ever attack I need.

#38 Posted by AdobeArtist (23088 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:

Because my PC is outdated and likely can't run it.

Any other questions to which you need obvious answers?

#39 Posted by xhawk27 (7608 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Don't need it. I'll be able to telepathically communicate with my party to tell them to fire arrows, cast spells, shield bash, or what ever attack I need.

MS is going to add that ability to Kinect in 2015. :D

#40 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29953 posts) -
@AdobeArtist said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

So upgrade your PC. :P

#41 Edited by AdobeArtist (23088 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@AdobeArtist said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

So upgrade your PC. :P

I wouldn't be looking at an upgrade. I'd have to get a whole new PC to make it gaming capable. I'm literally talking replacing all major components - GPU, CPU, RAM (yeah, this is an old crapper with DDR2, lol) and PSU to support more powerful GPU, etc...

#42 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3868 posts) -

Game just got better.

#43 Posted by Spartan070 (16388 posts) -

Optional services do nothing to dumb down a game they merely make it more accessible to some who may find it helpful.

@PinkieWinkie said:

Waste of resources.

Waste of resources? The game has been pushed back over a year after it's initial launch date, if anything they are adding not replacing.

People are just nonsensical these days. Don't want to use them? Don't, problem solved.

@AdobeArtist said:

I wouldn't be looking at an upgrade. I'd have to get a whole new PC to make it gaming capable. I'm literally talking replacing all major components - GPU, CPU, RAM (yeah, this is an old crapper with DDR2, lol) and PSU to support more powerful GPU, etc...

Also I hear you, in my case, upgrading would essentially equate to starting from scratch. I'm too busy for that, I just buy games for my consoles, I don't have time for tweaking like I used to.

#44 Posted by Spartan070 (16388 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

So they bring in destructive interactive environments that react to physical force, spells and powerful enemies, they bring back the top-down tactical view mode, even for consoles, then they eliminate on-disc DLC....

yet you say Dragon Age 2.5 because of optional control methods...

credibility fading...

#45 Edited by silversix_ (16628 posts) -

"Better with Kinect" HAHAHA. Be ready to repeat the same sentence 4-6 times to progress a dialogue rofl.

#46 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12211 posts) -

@Spartan070: Implying this arse had any credibility to begin with... ;)

#47 Posted by highking_kallor (594 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

people here are assholes. The commands in ME3 were awesome because you don't have to pause to heal or have allies cast spells. It allows you to use more then the assign buttons. Especially in dragon age where you have 10-20 spells and only 3 assign buttons.

How was the accuracy? If it wasn't 100% then its useless.

#48 Edited by Spartan070 (16388 posts) -

@highking_kallor said:

@lancex2 said:

On the 360 Kinect it was passable, Kinect 2.0 is miles more reliable once you get used to it, vice versa. I have a feeling it'll be just fine.

#49 Edited by highking_kallor (594 posts) -

@Spartan070 said:

@highking_kallor said:

@lancex2 said:

On the 360 Kinect it was passable, Kinect 2.0 is miles more reliable once you get used to it, vice versa. I have a feeling it'll be just fine.

Does it work 100% every time or not? If not, then as a gaming device it is useless. You don't answer the question?

#50 Edited by Spartan070 (16388 posts) -

@highking_kallor said:

@Spartan070 said:

@highking_kallor said:

Does it work 100% every time or not? If not, then as a gaming device it is useless. You don't answer the question?

Umm, I'll let you know when it's out? Haven't used Kinect 2.0 in a gaming situation yet...

I watched my sis do playthroughs for the ME franchise and it worked like 98% of the time, on Kinect 1.0. Also I navigate Netflix on X1 almost solely with it with zero probs and that requires far more intricate commands than spouting "Blizzard" at Vivienne every once in a while. I should note that I personally don't plan to use it since I'm getting Inquisition on PS4 but I will watch my sis do playthroughs, I'll let you know.

I think you're grasping for straws, I think for 1-word commands it'll work, and I quote, flawlessly.