Dragon Age: Inquisition Has Been Delayed To November

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55988 posts) -

On the heels of the Battlefield Hardline delay comes the news that Bioware's Dragon Age: Inquisition, originally slated for release this October, has met with a minor delay of its own- just a few weeks, now launching in November instead.

EA already dropped one bomb-shell by announced that Battlefield: Hardline had been delayed into 2015 to help improve a number of facets. Now, Bioware’s Dragon Age: Inquisition has also been delayed albeit by a month. As opposed to October 7th, the open world RPG would now be out on November 18th in North America and November 21st in Europe.

Executive producer Mike Darrah explained that, “Since we began working on Dragon Age: Inquisition almost four years ago, our goal was to create the best Dragon Age experience ever.

“It was that goal that motivated many of our decisions: moving to Frostbite, bringing race choice and customization back, improving tactical camera, building a team of characters whose relationships evolve based on your actions, and most importantly, crafting an epic, nation-spanning story that both draws upon past games and takes you to many new places in the realm of Thedas.

“This last bit of time is about polishing the experience we want you to see. Ensuring that our open spaces are as engaging as possible. Strengthening the emotional impact of the Hero’s choices. And ensuring the experience you get is the best it can be in the platform you choose to play on.”

Given that the delay is only for a month, we’re fine with this decision if it means Dragon Age: Inquisition will be that much more fun (read: less buggy). Heck, at least it’s not joining Hardline for a 2015 release.

This game actually looks like Bioware is getting it right this time, so if they feel they need an additional six weeks to iron it out or whatever, let them have them, I say.

SOURCE

#2 Posted by Ghost120x (3738 posts) -

No!!! It was coming out on my birthday!

Damn it.

#3 Posted by inb4uall (5345 posts) -

EA is doomed. Bioware has both feet in the grave. LoooooooooooL

#4 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

@charizard1605: Bioware had to delay DA3 cause they had to throw a pity bone to Nintendo cause they felt bad for em >:)

#5 Edited by charizard1605 (55988 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

Damn it.

It does suck a little, since this game was one of the primary reasons I bought my PS4 (which has largely been unused since the purchase... lol). Looks like it won't be used for another few weeks, though I think Assassin's Creed Unity is still on track for its late October release.

@Ballroompirate: What? How? I'm confused o_O

#6 Posted by mems_1224 (46521 posts) -

Its only a month and that day in October they were originally gonna launch on is packed if I remember right.

#7 Edited by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -
#8 Edited by jake44 (1960 posts) -

Eh, gives me time to play Shadow of Mordor.

#9 Edited by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

I guess it wasn't going to be g.a.y. enough by OCT 7th for the LGBT community. They forgot to add in dragon romances and sex change story lines. That and they need to chop stuff out so they can sell it as day 1 DLC.

#10 Posted by yokofox33 (29362 posts) -

Meh, oh well. At least it clears some space in October.

#11 Posted by inb4uall (5345 posts) -

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

#12 Posted by hiphops_savior (7856 posts) -

*Somewhere in Edmonton, AB.*

One guy: Have you played this game called Divinity?

Girl: Divinity?

OG: It was a kickstarter funded game, some of my friends from Obsidian told me.

Girl: Can't be that great.

OG: You got to play it. Just order it off GoG, not the market run by a fatass who can't count to three.

Girl: You're one to talk, all these celebration cakes have caught up to you. Besides, I need to work on rewriting the script. Apparently, the higher up's son just came out as gay.

OG: Well, since everyone else is busying trying finish that game. I'll pitch to the boss that we need another 6-8 weeks before Dragon Age is done. It will still be in the Holiday season, so we should be good.

And this is why DA: Inquisition is delayed.

#13 Posted by Krelian-co (10368 posts) -

And nothing important happened, i will be playing the evil within anyway those days.

#14 Posted by santoron (7690 posts) -

No biggie. This one is gonna have to sell itself to me anyhow, so I'll still get it after Xmas if I bother at all.

#15 Posted by BigBadBully (575 posts) -

Smart Move to delay it. This will give the game the spotlight in November instead of the cluster in October. EA will make a killing with NHL and Fifa 15 in September.

#16 Edited by CanYouDiglt (7310 posts) -

Well that blows chunks. Oh well at least it is only a month.

#17 Edited by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!

#18 Posted by Star0 (443 posts) -

My backlog is ready!

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (39142 posts) -

Ah, that delay is nothing bad.

Not interested though, due to it being Dragon Age.

#20 Edited by Maroxad (8065 posts) -

Glad they are not rushing it out like they did with Dragon Age 2.

@Ghost120x said:

Damn it.

It does suck a little, since this game was one of the primary reasons I bought my PS4 (which has largely been unused since the purchase... lol). Looks like it won't be used for another few weeks, though I think Assassin's Creed Unity is still on track for its late October release.

@Ballroompirate: What? How? I'm confused o_O

Why didnt you get a proper gaming PC? :(

#21 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

I think I can survive the extra six weeks for a better product in the end.

#22 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2404 posts) -

Good.

More time for me to play Shadow Of Mordor and Evil Within

#23 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Maroxad said:

Glad they are not rushing it out like they did with Dragon Age 2.

I doubt that has anything to do with it.

#24 Posted by clyde46 (44892 posts) -

I guess it wasn't going to be g.a.y. enough by OCT 7th for the LGBT community. They forgot to add in dragon romances and sex change story lines. That and they need to chop stuff out so they can sell it as day 1 DLC.

This.

#25 Posted by edwardecl (2108 posts) -

Yeah just look what 6 months did for Watch_Dogs...

#26 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

This works for me. October is way too packed as it is.

#27 Posted by Zen_Light (1231 posts) -

@Zen_Light said:

Yeah just look what 6 months did for Watch_Dogs...

Gamers: pessimistic, negative, entitled, delusional complainers and never happy with anything. Such great people...

#28 Posted by donalbane (16203 posts) -

Well at least there aren't 3 games coming out in one day that I want anymore. Shadow of Mordor and Alien Isolation are enough for me. I'm actually somewhat relieved.

#29 Edited by PapaTrop (478 posts) -

As long as they don't delay it until after good RPGs come out then they should be good.

Yeah, I have no faith in Bioware.

#30 Edited by Zelda187 (715 posts) -

The 2nd one drained away any interest I had in the series.

#31 Posted by Desmonic (13398 posts) -

Surprise WiiU version confirmed? Suprise WiiU version confirmed.

#32 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Wii-Poo has no games

#33 Posted by OhSnapitz (18107 posts) -

It's funny.. I never really wanted the game until after the E3 vids came out and I was impressed. I'll wait an extra month for some ass kickery.

#34 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Zelda187 said:

The 2nd one drained away any interest I had in the series.

to say the least.

#35 Posted by lundy86_4 (42999 posts) -

Only a minor delay, so i'm not too fussed. I'm actually pretty interested in the game.

#36 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Like EA would put anything on the Wii U, if they did they'd leave themselves open to more hypocrisy.

#37 Edited by Heil68 (43450 posts) -

Didn't plan on buying it anyways.

#38 Posted by Celsius765 (656 posts) -

let it go man heterosexual and homosexual romance has been in all Dragon Age games it's nothing new. It just happens that GS is on a political correctness kick of late rather than reporting gaming news......either that or no one is willing to give them a good story anymore(is GS as good as trash now?)