Dragon Age Inquisition Gameplay Trailer || October 7th!

• 134 results
#1 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

Video:

Link:

http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/22/5636598/dragon-age-inquisition-story-trailer-inquisition-bioware-rift

Story:

Story has always been a central pillar in the enduring popularity of BioWare's Dragon Age series.

A new trailer out today seeks to set the stage for Dragon Age: Inquisition, due to be released Oct. 7, 2014.

Dragon Age: Inquisition begins with the events at a peace conference between the warring mages and templars. An explosion wreaks havoc on the tentative plans, while causing the extinction of many members of the world's ruling classes.

The Inquisitor emerges from the chaos, ostensibly being blasted from metaphysical realm the Fade. The game's central character is given the power to fill the power vacuum, leading the Inquisition against invading demons, pouring through The Rift.

"There's an interesting undertone here of people in the world believing that you have been sent as a leader by the maker of the universe," explained creative director Mike Laidlaw, in an interview with Polygon. "As a player, I have the option of saying, 'Oh yeah, I'm the chosen one' or asking what the hell they are talking about. It's up to the player."

The leaders of the Inquisition are shown, as well as some suggestion of that organization's relationship with the Fade, in a scene reminiscent of Leonardo Da Vinci's The Last Supper. As the Inquisition seeks to restore order, they rely on factors like military might, a spy network and trade networks, all of which the player has at their disposal.

"After the big explosion, the heads of the factions in the civil war are killed and so the Inquisition moves in to fill the gap," added Laidlaw. "Once you come out of the Fade, you show yourself to be a leader. Someone has to take control and the power of the Inquisition gives you the freedom to take action."

Combat in Dragon Age: Inquisition seeks to merge the third-person fighting mechanics common to today's action-RPGs with a more strategic party-based approach reminiscent of earlier RPGs. A fight involving the Gray Warden Stronghold is shown, although there are still no details on the Wardens relationship to the war.

The game world is also significantly larger and more varied than in previous Dragon Age games, according to Laidlaw. Today's trailer shows some epic sweeping shots of locations such as a frozen forest with abandoned elven ruins. There is also footage of beast riding, which offers various species of mounts although none, alas, that can fly. Dragons are shown only briefly.

"We want to show people the central premise of the game, including the Inquisitor and how it is related to the Fade," said Laidlaw. "You can also see some of the great personality of the game and the scale of this open world."

---------------------------

Looks pretty as f*ck! :O They seem to have created a more diverse and personalized world this time around. Assuming the combat has been improved, it's already miles better tahn DA2 ever was :P

Hoping the story also keeps up :)

Opinions, System Warriors?

#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (8619 posts) -

Preorder now or we will take shit out of the game and resell it.

Also Dragon Age 2.5. Take note of this.

#3 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

My god.

That looked nuts.

Its going to be a very long wait. Bioware needs to brings it.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

Not much gameplay in that gameplay trailer. XD

#5 Posted by Ballroompirate (22905 posts) -

Glad I got my new computer before this game came out, I'm ready.

#6 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

#7 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

October 7th = Alien Isolation.

#8 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

most of it was CGI cut scenes with very little being actual gameplay. OR at least that's what I took from it.

#9 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

Yeah, we had plenty of new Mage combat and Warrior combat..

Heil, sort yourself togetha.

#10 Edited by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

Never could get into DA games for some reason.

#11 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4886 posts) -

People still have faith in Bioware?

#12 Edited by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Preorder now or we will take shit out of the game and resell it.

Also Dragon Age 2.5. Take note of this.

The Dragon Age DLC has been pretty fair for an EA published game. Sure it has minor (mostly cosmetic) crap like any game, but it also had proper, lenghty, new pieces of DLC. The first one had an expansion + at least 2 important smaller story DLC's (the last of which released some months before DA2 and ties into this new game). The second game also had an expansion planned but due to critical and consumer reception they opted to make a couple of smaller story DLC's and start work on this game.

Yes it's EA publishing, but this series has been fairly "clean" of the usual "EA issues".

Also not sure what makes you think this is just DA2.5. Nothing shown so far would seem to point that way.

#13 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

This

#14 Posted by uninspiredcup (8619 posts) -
@Desmonic said:

Also not sure what makes you think this is just DA2.5. Nothing shown so far would seem to point that way.

Off-cam shows press X for button awesome third person god of war game for young children buying Xbox's. Not mature hardcore baldurs Gate title. Waste of time.

#15 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

People still have faith in Bioware?

yassssssssssss

#16 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

most of it was CGI cut scenes with very little being actual gameplay. OR at least that's what I took from it.

CGI cutscenes? Assuming the first 40 seconds of the trailer were that (which they clearly weren't as you could see plenty of flaws you wouldn't see ina regular CGI cutscene), we still had plenty of gameplay. Combat and the overall world were shown in short bursts. They lacked an HUD, sure, but they clearly were gameplay (or at the very least in-engine) graphics.

If not, well Bioware needs to learn how to make CGI XD

Not sure you saw the same trailer Heil :P

#17 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@Desmonic said:

Off-cam shows press X for button awesome third person god of war game for young children buying Xbox's. Not mature hardcore baldurs Gate title. Waste of time.

Back with this lame gimmick? Man you got repetitive really fast. Learn some new tricks dude.

#18 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

#19 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (4638 posts) -

wow. looks like i need to upgrade my pc but i cant be bothered to. really hope they release the whole trilogy for ps4 because i hate to play games without playing the original.

#20 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

+ Shadow of Mordor.

It's already shaping up to be an awesome October hehe :P

#21 Posted by uninspiredcup (8619 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

wow. looks like i need to upgrade my pc but i cant be bothered to. really hope they release the whole trilogy for ps4 because i hate to play games without playing the original.

Dragon Age: Origins might as well be a completely different game.

#22 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@tonitorsi said:

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

ahahaha, well the first 40 seconds of a 2 minute video show none, not to mention rest of video. :P

#23 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

ahahaha, well the first 40 seconds of a 2 minute video show none, not to mention rest of video. :P

But the rest of the video is where they show it brah ..... >.> ....

#24 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

#25 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

+ Shadow of Mordor.

is it really the 7th too? damn.

I'll almost certainly wait for shadow of mordor then, unless there is an awesome collectors edition or something. I'll be interested in playing it around the time the third hobbit film comes out.

I've bought and read "Gigers Alien" over the weekend, I am super hyped already as i am big fan of alien. glad they decided to make Alien isolation the way they have.

Batman Arkham Knight and Alien Isolation are THE games (confirmed for this year) that i am looking forward to.

I dont think batman has a date yet

#27 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12202 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nobody particularly gives a rat's backside what you think. Surely you've figured that out by now, if you're a smart as you apparently like to think you are.

As for the trailer, looks great. October 7th is going to be an expensive day.

#28 Posted by uninspiredcup (8619 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@Desmonic said:

Back with this lame gimmick? Man you got repetitive really fast. Learn some new tricks dude.

My friend, look at the metacritic and reviews. Google Bioware quotes. This is not me using some excellent troll tactic, it's the reality.

Now, slap some paint on it, use some buzzwords, wala! You're duped. Grats.

#29 Posted by Flubbbs (3093 posts) -

looks good but unfortunately Bioware is a shell of its former self

#30 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17386 posts) -

Looks very promising! Loved the first DA game but hated DA2 so I am keeping cautiously optimistic. Already looks as though they remedied the major issue of DA2 though which was the seriously lack of different environments. Got so sick of that PoS city...

#31 Posted by uninspiredcup (8619 posts) -

@Doom_HellKnight said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Nobody particularly gives a rat's backside what you think. Surely you've figured that out by now, if you're a smart as you apparently like to think you are.

This knee jerk response shows truth in my comment that cuts deep.
This is what realists do. I'm a realist.

#32 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

+ Shadow of Mordor.

I'll almost certainly wait for shadow of mordor then, unless there is an awesome collectors edition or something. I'll be interested in playing it around the time the third hobbit film comes out.

I've bought and read "Gigers Alien" over the weekend, I am super hyped already as i am big fan of alien. glad they decided to make Alien isolation the way they have.

Batman Arkham Knight and Alien Isolation are THE games (confirmed for this year) that i am looking forward to.

Yup.

Alien is going to be awesome! I love tension heavy horror games/films and Alien Isolation seems to do just that! :D

Arkham Knight also mentions an October release, but no specific date I think. So yeah. Awesome month already :P Plus we have Destiny in September too!

#33 Edited by Ballroompirate (22905 posts) -

Good ol photoshop skills

#34 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Good ol photoshop skills

Hahahaha XD

10/10! Just Perfect really :P

Dem Bioware waifus! lol

#35 Posted by sts106mat (19846 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

@Desmonic said:

@sts106mat said:

+ Shadow of Mordor.

Yup.

Alien is going to be awesome! I love tension heavy horror games/films and Alien Isolation seems to do just that! :D

Arkham Knight also mentions an October release, but no specific date I think. So yeah. Awesome month already :P Plus we have Destiny in September too!

oh god, i had completely forgotten about Destiny. still would put both games above that one, even though it has massive potential i am still not sold on it by any means.

#36 Posted by with_teeth26 (6164 posts) -

So the story is another Lord of the Rings ripoff? Guess originality has never been Bioware's strong suit. Hopefully the dialogue is decent.

#37 Posted by Zassimick (6540 posts) -

Looks like a completely different series than the first two games. Man, were both of those ugly.

I'm excited to see how much Bioware listened to the complaints of Dragon Age 2.

#38 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (3873 posts) -

I enjoyed Origins... Didn't like DA2 much. This trailer looks superb... I just hope the game is.

#39 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

@tonitorsi said:

@Desmonic said:

@Heil68 said:

Wut?

They should have shown a bit more so we could have gotten a better display as to how gameplay plays out (is it Dark Soul-ish, Skyrim-ish or a merge of both?), but well, due to Hype reasons.... I'm content as hell with the little gameplay we got from Mages since that's going to be Da Class I'm initially rolling with

#40 Posted by coasterguy65 (5965 posts) -

Looks like I will be standing in line at 12:01 for this game. Hopefully they have some kind of Signature Edition for pre-ordering like with DA2. It looks like October is going to be an expensive month.

#41 Posted by Terrencec06 (3537 posts) -

Still need to see more.

#42 Edited by CTR360 (7076 posts) -

october 7 dragon age 3 +alien isolation +shadow of mordor i love the first game i hate and love the second

#43 Posted by jsmoke03 (12900 posts) -

my soul is ready for this awesomeness. but im wondering if i should just wait for black friday and see if this gets discounted......hmmm i think im not sure what to do

#44 Edited by uninspiredcup (8619 posts) -

It's staggering how easily impressed gamers can become simply by use of flashy trailers. Next to nothing of gameplay and the shakey off camera footage shown looked pretty much exactly like Dragon Age 2's gameplay, played on an xbox360 pad. I (as well as a host of other people) caught on many years ago to Electronic Arts deification of franchises. In some ways, the blind faith in admirable. In truth though, it's depressing. This thread highlights much of the problems with gaming today.

Back when gaming was good Baldurs Gate had a 30 second trailer showing pure gameplay. Shitty little 2d spites. ultimately It was irrelevant, gameplay was king.

#45 Edited by princeofshapeir (14154 posts) -

The graphics tho

#46 Posted by DigitalDame (4013 posts) -

They mentioned that graphically we were going to see compromise, I'm kind of curious just drastic these compromises will be. Though, I guess I could just upgrade...

#47 Posted by Desmonic (14060 posts) -
@DigitalDame said:

They mentioned that graphically we were going to see compromise, I'm kind of curious just drastic these compromises will be. Though, I guess I could just upgrade...

Well, PC has been the only proper way to play these games anyway hehe :P

#48 Posted by DigitalDame (4013 posts) -

@Desmonic: Fair... but... but. I don't wanna be a Hermit... :C (Actually I kind of do...)

#49 Posted by bobbetybob (19272 posts) -

Looks nice, I hope the combat is fun.

#50 Edited by tonitorsi (8392 posts) -

@princeofshapeir said:

The graphics tho

PREACH