Dragon Age II is definitely the MOST DISAPPOINTING SEQUEL ever

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

Seriously, Dragon Age II is one of the WORST RPG ever made, it even worse than FF XIII

Many of you said FF XIII is trash, because of the linearity and un-likeable character such as Snow, Hope, and Sarah, but hey at least it has variety in levels and dungeons, unlike Dragon Age II

From when you start the game until you finished the game you only meet one town. ONE TOWN? ONLY KIRKWALL? Not to mention that the town is bland...

And not to mention the repetition of levels and dungeons...man, all dungeon in Dragon Age II is all similar! It just another copy-paste bla bla bla

This is definitely weird, because in Dragon Age I, you met many towns! So why the hell the sequel only got one?

And then the characters, while Dragon Age I contains many likeable characters such as Morrigan, Leliana, Alistair, Stein, the Dragon Age II have none

If Mass Effect 2 had Miranda, Dragon Age I had Morrigan/Leliana, in Dragon Age II there's no interesting woman character you want to have flirt with

And the weakest part in Dragon Age II is story, it's strange because Dragon Age I had a very memorable story. Dragon Age II just talk about templar-mage bla bla bla, who cares with templar and mage, there's darkspawn out there waiting to be killed!

And not to mention the ending....really....even FF XIII had a decent ending! Dragon Age II simply suck....

Just when I thought WRPG is better than JRPG, when I looked at Dragon Age II, I simply can't admit that, Dragon Age II is one of the worst RPG ever made, rare because for me, Dragon Age is one of the RPG I ever played...What about you? Do you think Dragon Age II is the most disappointing sequel ever, or do you think it's like Uncharted 2?

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts

Seriously, Dragon Age II is one of the WORST RPG ever made, it even worse than FF XIII

Many of you said FF XIII is trash, because of the linearity and un-likeable character such as Snow, Hope, and Sarah, but hey at least it has variety in levels and dungeons, unlike Dragon Age II

From when you start the game until you finished the game you only meet one town. ONE TOWN? ONLY KIRKWALL? Not to mention that the town is bland...

And not to mention the repetition of levels and dungeons...man, all dungeon in Dragon Age II is all similar! It just another copy-paste bla bla bla

This is definitely weird, because in Dragon Age I, you met many towns! So why the hell the sequel only got one?

And then the characters, while Dragon Age I contains many likeable characters such as Morrigan, Leliana, Alistair, Stein, the Dragon Age II have none

If Mass Effect 2 had Miranda, Dragon Age I had Morrigan/Leliana, in Dragon Age II there's no interesting woman character you want to have flirt with

And the weakest part in Dragon Age II is story, it's strange because Dragon Age I had a very memorable story. Dragon Age II just talk about templar-mage bla bla bla, who cares with templar and mage, there's darkspawn out there waiting to be killed!

And not to mention the ending....really....even FF XIII had a decent ending! Dragon Age II simply suck....

Just when I thought WRPG is better than JRPG, when I looked at Dragon Age II, I simply can't admit that, Dragon Age II is one of the worst RPG ever made, rare because for me, Dragon Age is one of the RPG I ever played...What about you? Do you think Dragon Age II is the most disappointing sequel ever, or do you think it's like Uncharted 2?

ihsanqueen

It's oot all over again. It wasn't that bad, it just felt like it wanted to appeal to a larger audience and kept things simple. Yes, maybe too simple.

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

I found MW2 to be worse. The hype on that game was insane.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

don't agree with you, their are things i felt it improved on from dragon age and their are things i didn't like but at the end of the day it was a great game that i enjoyed also you could have blog this.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#5 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Did you not play Devil May Cry 2?:P

drochnathair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 drochnathair
Member since 2008 • 412 Posts

I've gotta tell you, if you honestly think that DA2 is one of the worst RPGs ever made and aren't being hyperbolic, then you've been quite blessed in your gaming experience. Utter trash like Beyond the Beyond and Lord of the Rings for SNES is crapped upon from a great height by DA2. Just saying.

But anyway, I wouldn't even say it's the most disappointing sequel ever. I hate to feel like a bandwagoneer, but FF13 takes that title for me. I was a fan of Final Fantasy, but not so much anymore.

Also, YMMV on whether or not Sten and Morrigan were really likeable characters. :lol:

*Morrigan disapproves of this post*

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

Do you think Dragon Age II is the most disappointing sequel ever, or do you think it's like Uncharted 2?

ihsanqueen

Yeah, worst game released this gen., most disappointing sequel ever made, plus that its a piss poor 'RPG' ...

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Links Adventure is the worst sequel ever imo.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts
Personally it was my most disappointing game this gen. I loved origins and tried so much to like 2. I hate it though, it is a terrible game. Playing the Witcher 2 has just made me hate it even more. My son however who didn't really like origins loves it. He has completed it 3 times. Shows how people are different.
Avatar image for charlesdarwin55
charlesdarwin55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 charlesdarwin55
Member since 2010 • 2651 Posts

I didn't read the OP but the most disappointing sequel ever is most definitely by far hands down no contest"assassin's" creed brotherhood. ACI & II is really good games, "A"CB is one of the worst games this gen.

ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
I completely agree. DA:O wasn't so good but it was a great game and of the best RPGs released in years. DA2 is just terrible in every single way.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

I enjoyed and beat the original and really liked the sequel. I understand differing opinions but sometimes this (hating sequels stuff)comes off as the "cool" thing to think around here. Kinda gets old.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

No, Deus Ex: invisible war is by far a more disappointing sequel than DA2 will ever be.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

It cannot be worse than DMC2.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

madsnakehhh

*shudders*

That really was terrible. Such a phenomenal game to absolute garbage.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts

I found MW2 to be worse. The hype on that game was insane.

DroidPhysX
Agreed. Instead of trying out new things, we get a less spectacular and more nonsensical campaign and a more broken multiplayer with no dedicated servers (on PC).
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
It was pretty mediocre yeah but there are much worse sequels to much better games than DAO.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I also forgot to mention Force Unleashed 2, which was 4 levels long... and one of them was repeated. I felt so ripped off... far more than I did when I realized the maps repeated in DA2.
TheOtherTheoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheOtherTheoG
Member since 2010 • 2287 Posts
It's not great, certainly not up to the standards of the rest of Bioware's games, but I'm confused as to why the isn't a 'no, it wasn't as good as the first game, but by no means was it the most disappointing sequel ever' option, because that's what I would've chosen. There were some things it did better than Origins, granted, a lot more that it didn't, it wasn't a great game, but this 'worst game ever' crap is ridiculous hyperbole. It wasn't that bad.
Icarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Icarian
Member since 2004 • 2188 Posts

It wasn't as great as DAO, but it wasn't a bad game. I enjoyed it quite a bit. And probably will play it again, when I got tired with some of the other games.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#21 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Dragon Age 2 is a step back from the first in most ways (it's less generic than Origins, however), but it's in no way worse than the abomination that is Final Fantasy XIII. It has some disappointing characters (like Anders) but most of them are actually quite fleshed out and I found most of them on par with the cast from Origins (and better than the awful Zehvran, Ogren, and Leliana). As for most disappointing sequel, I'd nominate something like Supreme Commander 2 or Resistance 2 far ahead of Dragon Age 2.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23807 Posts

Just a fair share of games I thought were more disappointing sequels than DA2.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (sooo dumbed down)
Devil May Cry 2 (just so much worse)
Fallout 3 (from excellent writing, good quest design to terrible writing and goofy quests)
Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion (Interesting world to explore in morrowind, world in Oblivion was one big copy pasted forest, not to mention it was dumbed down, nothing improved from morrowind, not even combat (yes I am serious))
Civilization 5 (Presentation improved, graphics and combat improved, unfortunately, I couldnt care less about those things in a civ game and everything else was far inferior)
Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword (Designed with a completely different philosphy compared to that Warband and the original had, a step backwards in many ways)
Arkania: Gothic 4: Oh wait, nevermind, this game does not exist.

And most importantly

Ulitma 8 (Ultima 7 is one of the best games of all time, best RPG ever made imo, Ultima 8... was kinda rubbish and do NOT get me started on Ultima 9)

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Don't worry, Witcher 2 will make you feel better.
TheGrudge13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 TheGrudge13
Member since 2009 • 1198 Posts
i think people were more disappointed by Command & Conquer 4
texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14829 Posts
[QUOTE="DJ_Lae"]Dragon Age 2 is a step back from the first in most ways (it's less generic than Origins, however), but it's in no way worse than the abomination that is Final Fantasy XIII. It has some disappointing characters (like Anders) but most of them are actually quite fleshed out and I found most of them on par with the cast from Origins (and better than the awful Zehvran, Ogren, and Leliana). As for most disappointing sequel, I'd nominate something like Supreme Commander 2 or Resistance 2 far ahead of Dragon Age 2.

No, Anders is a great character...because he becomes unlikable. Notice how he jokes alot in Act I but then no longer the comic character he was in Act III. His character deterioriates throughout the story. The cast of DAII is far better than the Origins cast, except for Leliana. DAII cast is far more complex and far more three dimensional. DAII is far better written than the first game as well. DAO was not that great...the writing was poor, the art direction bad, the gameplay unbalanced. Easily the most overrated RPG this gen. DAII has major flaws, but the storytelling and the writing is far superior.
NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#26 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

I refuse to play Dragon Age II right now, but there have been some terrible sequels this gen: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption is probably the most disappointing of all, but Mass Effect 2, Gears of War 2, SoulCalibur IV and other sequels to great games have really dampened my spirits this gen.

At this point, I honestly am taking half of these sequels with a grain of salt.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

DA2 is not as good as the first game to most people, but it is hardly the most disappointing sequal ever. As a matter of fact I find DA2 to be quite good. To me it is probably more enjoyable than the first one. There's a lot more action, starting the game doesn't involve running around a boring back story for an hour before you get into the meat of the game, and personally I find the combat to be better laid out than the first.

savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
For it to be disappointing I would have had to have been looking forward to it. And, based on my experiences with the first, I was not. So no, it really wasn't disappointing at all.
Golden_Boy187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Golden_Boy187
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

I liked it more the the first.

BalaminienGS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BalaminienGS
Member since 2010 • 58 Posts

I loved Dragon Age II alot more then I did the first in the fighting mechanics, but felt that the story was better in the first. Then again I refused to play the first game like it may have been meant to be played as and just ran in there slashing, which lead to the turning down of the difficulty from hard, to normal, to eventually easy because I refused to develop any kind of strategy. I can easily see then why people who did indulge in the strategic aspect of the first game hate the simplified fight mechanics.

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
Its pretty disappointing but not the worst. Take out the "2" from the title and replace it with "Rise of the Champion" (feel free to insert your own cliche rpg subtitle) and it doesn't fail as hard. Too bad DA2 didn't exceed, let alone reach the standard that DAO made as some of us had hoped for. Time to move on.
Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2135 Posts

Sorry but isabella and that elf chick you meet(voiced by gwen from TORCHWOOD) made that game.........COME ON

Avatar image for KevinnButlerNPK
KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KevinnButlerNPK
Member since 2010 • 1145 Posts

Deus Ex Invisible War 'nuff said....

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#34 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

i wouldn't say it was the worse.

there should be an option that says it was merely, Good.

EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts

That would be Devil May Cry 2, a sequel so bad that fans of the franchise ignores it's existence :P

meatgrinderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 meatgrinderz
Member since 2010 • 1329 Posts

I enjoyed DAII :P

FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
From the movie realm lets not forget Highlander 2 and dare I say it, Highlander "The Source." *makes sign of the cross, prays to the Maker (just to cover my bases)*
ghostofzabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ghostofzabis
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

There are also the Seiken Densetsu series (Legend of Mana, Secret of Mana, then.... Dawn of Mana...)

Suikoden 4 was really disappointing as well.

110million

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 110million
Member since 2008 • 14910 Posts
Dragon Age is one of the last party-based RPGs that have high budgets, considering its bioware, who made Baldur's Gate, and Dragon Age was a spiritual successor to it.. DA2 is one of the biggest jokes in gaming history to me, when you take it from that angle.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 edo-tensei
Member since 2007 • 4581 Posts

funny because most here that claim to be wrpg fans and always claim how much they lve the classics like baldur's gate 2 etc, then when consolize trash like this comes along people defend it. I don't get it, at least jrpg fans know what they like lol.

edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 edo-tensei
Dragon Age is one of the last party-based RPGs that have high budgets, considering its bioware, who made Baldur's Gate, and Dragon Age was a spiritual successor to it.. DA2 is one of the biggest jokes in gaming history to me, when you take it from that angle. 110million
isn't that the truth.
edo-tensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 edo-tensei

[QUOTE="madsnakehhh"]

Puckhog04

*shudders*

That really was terrible. Such a phenomenal game to absolute garbage.

Hey! You just described DA2!

Chubith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chubith
Member since 2003 • 345 Posts

Uhh Devil May Cry 2? DA2 was disappointing, but not a bad game at all.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
well I wouldn't say it's the most disappointing sequel of ALL time...but of this year definitely.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Its certainly my biggest disappointment in recent memory. My hype was over 9000. The game was barely an 8.
Kandlegoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kandlegoat
Member since 2009 • 3147 Posts

Who cares?

It's not like DA:O was some Masterpiece either.

If you have a Good PC,how about picking up the Witcher 2 instead of making a dumb thread about DA2?

RavenLoud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 RavenLoud
Member since 2009 • 2874 Posts

Did you not play Devil May Cry 2?:P

mitu123
Devil May Cry what? I'm sorry, that game doesn't ring any bells. Probably never existed.

madsnakehhh
Why do everyone keep talking about that thing? There's no proof of it.

That would be Devil May Cry 2, a sequel so bad that fans of the franchise ignores it's existence :P

EPaul
How can you be ignoring it if it's not real? [spoiler] I think I might have tried a tad too hard :P [/spoiler]
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Yea DA2 stunk...

How does a game like DA2 look so bland and have tons of loading times with small maps but a game like RDR or LA noire look GREAT in an open world??

It just doesnt compute.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14829 Posts

Sorry but isabella and that elf chick you meet(voiced by gwen from TORCHWOOD) made that game.........COME ON

Syn_Valence
Merill
Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
They shouldn't have rushed it. Even if Bioware is a great developer, they need to recognize that good sequels take time, especially in the RPG genre.