Dota 2 vs LoL vs HoN vs other games. BEST?

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

• 
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Smite.

I played DOTA2 and LoL extensively. Pretty much the same game, so give me Smite any day of the week.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

But those are all the same game.

Amirite, @ArisShadows

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#3 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Dota 2. The devs actually care about the community and you get all the heroes for free.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 louisfoxton
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts

I love dota2 but if your coming from Legend and going to dota its so fucking hard

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

DOTA 2 is pretty much the model of how F2P games should be made

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BldgIrsh

@louisfoxton: I have heard of this. I tried to transition from dota to LoL but it's just too slow the gameplay that I just stuck with dota heh. Friends from LoL couldn't spend the time learning about dota which according to them is a lot.

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

DotA 2 is the best but Strife > LoL. League basically tried to be like dota but it is the most casual moba out there. Strife is perfect for casual play and is a lot of fun.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 louisfoxton

@bldgirsh: I heard its way easier for a dota player to transfer to a league Player

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BldgIrsh

@louisfoxton: Ya. The mechanics was simple for me but I felt like too little happens and the walking from base to your lane constantly was pretty boring.

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

League of Legends is clearly the winner, no other moba comes even close to LoLs success and player base.

Also funny how you used a modded LoL picture with some horrible UI skin.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

League just for ARAM

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

I've enjoyed both Dota 2 and League extensively. Hard to place one over the other.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Dota 2

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 louisfoxton

@bldgirsh: Dota is just to hard for me at the moment but im gonna keep play till i get used to it

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BldgIrsh

@louisfoxton said:

@bldgirsh: Dota is just to hard for me at the moment but im gonna keep play till i get used to it

Gotta find people you can play with. I have found a great group via matchmaking.

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

Dota 2 was my first moba, i have over 600 ranked matches played. I got addicted to it for a few months. I've tried league, but its to easy and theres less of a penalty for dying. Dota 2 dude Dota 2

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

DOTA 2 is the most well-made MOBA with the most interesting metagame. It's got the best F2P model, best support, and the best balance philosophy.

League is fun and Riot puts out pretty frequent content updates, but the way they monetize their game is bad. Then there's the rigid meta, compounded by an approach to balance that's all about extreme nerfs and buffs which make one champion dominant while a bunch of others nonexistent. It just feels to me like Riot is more focused on advancing League as an esport with these huge, expensive events instead of really focusing on the core of the game.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

You include dawngate but not Heroes of the Storm or Strife?

Peanutbutterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Peanutbutterz
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

Havin

@princeofshapeir said:

DOTA 2 is the most well-made MOBA with the most interesting metagame. It's got the best F2P model, best support, and the best balance philosophy.

League is fun and Riot puts out pretty frequent content updates, but the way they monetize their game is bad. Then there's the rigid meta, compounded by an approach to balance that's all about extreme nerfs and buffs which make one champion dominant while a bunch of others nonexistent. It just feels to me like Riot is more focused on advancing League as an esport with these huge, expensive events instead of really focusing on the core of the game.

Having played LoL a few years before I switched to Dota 2, Dota 2 definitely is the higher quality product. Like you said, it's just way more interesting. Every hero has a unique feel to them, and there's just so much variety with high quality.

louisfoxton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 louisfoxton

@bldgirsh: Me and my League friends tried it but after the first two games they quit and went back to league. Im playing both games now

RpgGamer23q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#21  Edited By RpgGamer23q
Member since 2006 • 296 Posts

Dota 2 > Strife > HON

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@shawty_beatz said:

League of Legends is clearly the winner, no other moba comes even close to LoLs success and player base.

yea because popularity means best... just like CoD.... yuck.

pretty confident they lie about the size of their playerbase too. they've been caught twitch botting no end of times ... DoTA 2's esport scene is taken far more seriously...

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#23 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

DOTA 2 is the king of the genre by far.

LOL is for people who don't have the skill or patience to learn DOTA 2.

Heroes of Storm is for people who don't have the skill or patience to learn LOL.

All other MOBAs are small players in the industry with negligible market share.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#24 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Dota 2

Shawty_Beatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Shawty_Beatz
Member since 2014 • 1269 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

pretty confident they lie about the size of their playerbase too. they've been caught twitch botting no end of times ... DoTA 2's esport scene is taken far more seriously...

Um yes, actually it does. If 45+ million people play a game instead of another then they obviously believe it's the better game. Pretty much all mobas are free to play, so there's no excuse why they'd play a game that they wouldn't believe is the best.

And yes, the same goes for CoD, just because you and me believe the series sucks doesn't mean other people love it. If people wouldn't love the games then they wouldn't keep buying and playing them.

And really? In the USA LoL is considered a legitimate sport thanks to Riot, as stupid as I find that, I don't remember hearing the same about Dota2.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Dota 2. Not because it has way better visuals and better gameplay (imo) than the competition, but because it does the F2P model for mobas right. I stopped playing LoL because the grind for heroes was ridiculous. There is no way to justify locking away every hero behind a pay/grind wall and only serves to get you to spend more money. This isn't an MMO. You shouldn't have to spend an absurd amount of time before you can actually play the game. Want to try someone? Either pray it appears on next week's free roster or play a ton of matches with characters you don't like. Dota 2 does it right by letting you play anyone at the start and the customization options for skins/looks are far better than paying for an entire skin upfront.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

Dota 2 wins.

Other games - pay to win(unfair)

Dota 2 - pay to have awesome skins(fair)

REKThard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 REKThard
Member since 2014 • 479 Posts

DOTA 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@shawty_beatz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

Um yes, actually it does. If 45+ million people play a game instead of another then they obviously believe it's the better game. Pretty much all mobas are free to play, so there's no excuse why they'd play a game that they wouldn't believe is the best.

And yes, the same goes for CoD, just because you and me believe the series sucks doesn't mean other people love it. If people wouldn't love the games then they wouldn't keep buying and playing them.

And really? In the USA LoL is considered a legitimate sport thanks to Riot, as stupid as I find that, I don't remember hearing the same about Dota2.

Umm not it doesn't .... there is more than cost involved, there is accessibility, and foolish money/grind sinks that restrict people from switching as they feel like it... 2 large factors in LoL's success... which its number 1 spot in US POPULATION was under question when DoTA simply had 250k concurrent users at peak... now its up in the 800k.

LoL is notorius for having bot users in their streams and tournaments..... and are nowhere near as big as DoTA 2's international is now. simply put, DoTA 2 is a better quality product, with a fairer free2play system, a much better engine... and overall better/deeper/more challenging mechanics.

LoL's success rides on ASIA now for its theme and grind-aholic nature.

Also..... RIOT opted for that "sport-pass" because they kicked up a fuss due to players not being allowed into the U.S.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BldgIrsh

@MBirdy88 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

Umm not it doesn't .... there is more than cost involved, there is accessibility, and foolish money/grind sinks that restrict people from switching as they feel like it... 2 large factors in LoL's success... which its number 1 spot in US POPULATION was under question when DoTA simply had 250k concurrent users at peak... now its up in the 800k.

LoL is notorius for having bot users in their streams and tournaments..... and are nowhere near as big as DoTA 2's international is now. simply put, DoTA 2 is a better quality product, with a fairer free2play system, a much better engine... and overall better/deeper/more challenging mechanics.

Also..... RIOT opted for that "sport-pass" because they kicked up a fuss due to players not being allowed into the U.S.

In lame man's term. LoL is the CoD of MOBA's, easy to get into and small learning curve. Dota is the BF of MOBA's, higher learning curve and less appeal to the "casual" crowd. While Dota has a lot more players than BF would ever have, in comparison to LoL fanbase it's "miniscule." Though there has been many reports that LoL does exaggerate their player base... you'd think if they actually had 45 million+ people playing that they would as well be able to have a better payoff for their championship tourney.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@bldgirsh said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@shawty_beatz said:

In lame man's term. LoL is the CoD of MOBA's, easy to get into and small learning curve. Dota is the BF of MOBA's, higher learning curve and less appeal to the "casual" crowd. While Dota has a lot more players than BF would ever have, in comparison to LoL fanbase it's "miniscule." Though there has been many reports that LoL does exaggerate their player base... you'd think if they actually had 45 million+ people playing that they would as well be able to have a better payoff for their championship tourney.

It's kinda funny.... LoL is ALWAYS on the most-streamed game on twitch... but the comments section goes dead for hours... look at any of the other big game's twitch comments... they fly out constantly.

Also seen lots of screen shots of the users watching and its like john, john1, john_y etc is mass quantities.... its an absolute joke.

45+ million players my ass..... unproven BS.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

DotA 2, without question.

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Smite.

I played DOTA2 and LoL extensively. Pretty much the same game, so give me Smite any day of the week.

Wolverine would sorely disappointed in you. DOTA 4 LIFE!

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

@ArisShadows:

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Couldn't tell you. I tried LOL and the community was full of poo poo heads. Turned me off to the rest. I mean no shit I suck, I don't play these types of games.

JasonN36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JasonN36
Member since 2014 • 160 Posts

Smite and DOTA 2 are both good games to me. LoL just feels a bit easy to me and HoN is just a carbon copy of DOTA 2(well at it's conception at least).

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BldgIrsh

@jasonn36: I am nearly 99% sure HoN was made before dota.

Edit: I stand corrected. I had it mixed up with WC3.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5859 Posts

I played Dota 2 and LOL, not heard of other games, but from poll I don't think I'm missing much.