Don't Care What 3DS Lovers Say, PS-VITA Will Dominate

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Gamingclone (5224 posts) -

It wont. Im sure it will sell well, but it will not dominate.

#102 Posted by Slimmin360 (1933 posts) -
[QUOTE="Kcinz"]I like a console that I can actually see clearly. The 3D on the 3DS just looks so weird :(p4s2p0
Its just finding your sweet spot with the slider mine was about 40% for the average game.

Well that may be true, but most gamers don't want to tinker with controls, they just want to turn it on and play...so i would just eventually get tired of looking for the " sweet spot " and turn the 3D off and play it that way........oh wait a minute, that would make it just a plain old DS, well then i might as well just buy that.......DUH!!!
#103 Posted by Kaszilla (1841 posts) -
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="Kcinz"]I like a console that I can actually see clearly. The 3D on the 3DS just looks so weird :(Slimmin360
Its just finding your sweet spot with the slider mine was about 40% for the average game.

Well that may be true, but most gamers don't want to tinker with controls, they just want to turn it on and play...so i would just eventually get tired of looking for the " sweet spot " and turn the 3D off and play it that way........oh wait a minute, that would make it just a plain old DS, well then i might as well just buy that.......DUH!!!

My old DS phat can play monster hunter. Also the PSP wasn't even in the same league as the DS despite being more powerful so I see no reason for the vita to be in the same league as the 3DS.
#104 Posted by babycakin (1597 posts) -

[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="Kcinz"]I like a console that I can actually see clearly. The 3D on the 3DS just looks so weird :(Slimmin360

man, if that was the case, they might as well remove all the "Option" selections from all games period, since we just want to just get on the game and play, who cares about adjusting and tinkering anything to make it more suitable to the player lol.

Anyway, my point is, it just takes a minute or two to get it right, are we gamers getting that lazy now? :shock:

#105 Posted by xLittlekillx (1833 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="p4s2p0"] Its just finding your sweet spot with the slider mine was about 40% for the average game.babycakin

man, if that was the case, they might as well remove all the "Option" selections from all games period, since we just want to just get on the game and play, who cares about adjusting and tinkering anything to make it more suitable to the player lol.

Anyway, my point is, it just takes a minute or two to get it right, are we gamers getting that lazy now? :shock:

I don't know, it never even takes me that long. Usually I just put it on half way, which takes almost a whole second, then either put it on full if I want (mk7) or just turn it off all the way (classic 3d titles).

#106 Posted by madsnakehhh (15927 posts) -

:lol: You lost me there...on a second thought, you lost me when you say that PS Vita will Dominate.

#107 Posted by InfinityMugen (3905 posts) -

Don't reject the reality of what is going on just because you don't like what you see.

#108 Posted by babycakin (1597 posts) -

[QUOTE="babycakin"]

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"] Well that may be true, but most gamers don't want to tinker with controls, they just want to turn it on and play...so i would just eventually get tired of looking for the " sweet spot " and turn the 3D off and play it that way........oh wait a minute, that would make it just a plain old DS, well then i might as well just buy that.......DUH!!!xLittlekillx

I don't know, it never even takes me that long. Usually I just put it on half way, which takes almost a whole second, then either put it on full if I want (mk7) or just turn it off all the way (classic 3d titles).

Ya exactly, should'nt even take more than a minute to get the 3D adjusted, peeps just being lazy =/

#109 Posted by kejigoto (2305 posts) -

1.) What headaches are you talking about? I play my 3DS all the time with the slider cranked and haven't even dealt with my eyes being "fatigued" or anything like that. Not sure where you are pulling this from...

Really your not sure where i'm getting the whole headaches thing from, just Google it and you'll see for yourself the flood of complaints and lawsuits Nintendo got when this thing released.

2.) Being mislead? From what I've seen on the 3DS nothing on the DS came close to this in terms of graphics and content. Not sure what sort of magic you were expecting from a 3DS it sounds like you don't own but it has more than delivered.

What has it delivered on exactly, still has a tiny screen, still no solid online software, it's basically a DS with a 3D slider.

3.) No one forced me to shell out anything on the 3DS. I pre-ordered on my own accord, paid willingly, and was quite happy with my purchase. Then I got 20 free downloadable games which I enjoy quite abit. If this is being smacked in the face then Nintendo can strike me any time they want.

Well if Nintendo is so confident in there hardware why was the accessorie thumb stick released?, and why after the just as sorry japanese release did they cut the price almost in half?....because it was failing.

4.) So third party games like Sonic Generations, Resident Evil Revelations, Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear Solid 3, Professor Layton, Monster Hunter Tri-G, Monster Hunter 4 and others don't count?

With this one you just made my point for me, all these 3rd party games you listed are very dumbed down versions of there console brothers, why? because the 3DS doesn't have the hardware to have it be nearly indistinguishable from the console, but Vita does.

5.) The 3DS is getting by just fine with the analog slider and as long as developers don't try to force the system to be something it isn't things will work out just fine, much like it did with the PSP. Not only this but the Circle Pad Pro looks to be a good thing and not only adds another circle pad but two more trigger buttons as well. Given the fact that the Vita is still struggling in Japan with no signs of this changing while the 3DS continues to sell around a quarter of a million a week plus it is selling extremely well in every other region I don't see the Vita overtaking it in a year's time. The Vita is releasing at a higher price point, requires the purchase of an expensive memory card to even start some of its biggest games, and is coming out when Nintendo is now getting all the big games out the door.

Your right the 3DS is just getting by, unlike it's predecessor that broke sales records the 3DS is getting by, and you and others in this forum keep mentioning Vita's lack luster release in Japan, like all of a sudden 3DS owners got selective amnesia or something, the 3DS released very poorly in Japan as well, hence the price cut a month later, the 3DS's sales boosted when 1st party titles released, and that was the only reason why...don't believe me goto Gametrailers.com and watch the newest Bonus Round, where one of the panel experts says the exact same thing, he also compares the 3DS to a " plastic piece of fisher price type toy " to the " new stunning sleek looking high piece of tech that is the PS-Vita".

Oh by the way I have the Vita pre-ordered and also think it will do well but it won't be outshining the 3DS any time soon or ever.

Oh really you have it pre-ordered, why? you just got through telling me how much better the 3DS is and you already have that, so why would you want to bother with the Vita?.....being a bit hypocritical aren't we, i've played, owned and traded the 3DS and i have no interest in buying it again, the Vita will be enough for me.

Slimmin360

1.) Some people get headaches but not all. I know plenty of people who absolutely love the 3DS and haven't had a single headache. Great thing about the 3DS too is that you can adjust the 3D to a comfortable level or simply turn it off if you so choose. Shall I start complaining because a small minority of people get motion sickness from games?

2.) Great games with great graphics. Perhaps if you owned a 3DS and had spent any time with one you might realize this. Calling it a DS with a 3D slider is like claiming the Vita is a PSP with an additional analog stick. There's a vast difference there. Spend some time with a unit, play the games, and actually let yourself have some fun and you might see what I'm talking about. I highly doubt Super Mario 3D Land or Mario Kart 7 could have been done on the DS plus they still look great even without the 3D on. And Nintendo's online system is evolving as time goes on. Yes it isn't as well thought out as Sony's but Nintendo isn't exactly known for their great online systems. From what I've heard about Mario Kart 7 its online play is fantastic and works incredibly well.

3.) Your terrible spelling errors aside Nintendo released the Circle Pad Pro because third party developers wanted more options for control input on the 3DS. Nintendo listened and came up with a great work around for that. Best part is now the games that support it also support the single stick ****gameplay as well. Also last time I checked a $70 cut to the price was no where near half the price of $250. So now not only is spelling terrible but your math skills are also subpar at best. Nintendo put the 3DS out there without any major games to back it because they wanted to give third party developers a chance shine on the 3DS without competing against Nintendo's own IPs. However the major third party games weren't making it to market as quickly as they hoped so Nintendo stepped in to turn things around. Now that the price cut has happened the 3DS has outpaced the DS's first year on the market and is actually on track to meet Nintendo's original sales expectations. And speaking of sorry Japanese releases the Vita hasn't even beaten the 3DS's numbers yet.

4.) The 3DS doesn't have to be identical to the consoles because Nintendo knows how to make a handheld work and what it is best at. Time and time again it has been proven that better hardware does not mean better games or sales. Look at the PSP for this fact. It was crushed by the DS, the race wasn't even close. Plus games like Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion 2, Bravely Default, Heroes of Ruin, Theatrhthm Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, Zone of the Enders 3DS, and more are looking awesome without having to be on the same level as consoles.

5.) How is the 3DS just getting by? In eight months it outsold the DS's first YEAR on the market. It was the number one selling piece of hardware in Japan for 2012. And the price cut didn't come the following month either, I seem to remember buying my 3DS in March of 2011 and the price cut happening in August... Given the fact that the 3DS was on the market in Japan before it released in the US it wasn't a month later. Get your facts buddy. Yes the 3DS had a weak launch but not nearly as weak as the Vita. Go look at the sales stats if you don't believe. Plus the sales drop off wasn't nearly as sharp as the Vita saw. Also shocker, when good games release a system starts to sell. Wonder why that is?

6.) Why would I want a Vita? Geez let me think... Hmm... Why on Earth would I as a gamer who already owns a 360, PS3, Wii, DS, 3DS, and PC want to own a Vita? Gee... Perhaps because I'm a fan of games and I'll buy the platform if it has games I want. See unlike yourself and your fanboyish out look on things my tastes go well beyond graphics. I enjoy games for what they are and I don't have to have a console like experience all the time. Given your simplistic take on the 3DS and your general lack of knowledge on the subject I highly doubt you've ever owned a 3DS. Also I'm simply correcting your mistakes on the 3DS and what is going to happen with the Vita. Just because the Vita won't (which it won't so don't hold your breath) outsell the 3DS doesn't mean it won't be a good handheld or it won't be a success. Again look at the PSP which didn't come close to the DS in terms of sales, still didn't make it a bad handheld or a failure for Sony did it?

Calm the heck down, take a deep breath, and relax. Your fanboy is showing big time and you're making yourself look like a fool.

#110 Posted by mmmwksil (15006 posts) -

Either way your hateful remarks and failing predictions will be proven wrong in 1 years time when Vita's hardware and software sales increase far beyond 3DS could ever hope to obtain, so save your hate and failing speculations that aren't based on any real facts or analysis, since the system has yet to release here in the U.S.

Slimmin360

:lol: x99

Cow tears are the best tears.

Avatar image for bonesawisready5
#111 Posted by bonesawisready5 (4969 posts) -
Yea, I doubt you'll be saying this in one year or even going to this forum with how badly that is going to go for you. Seriously, the writing is on the wall. Get over that the Vita probably can't win. Its all about stopping the bleeding. Just enjoy the Vita that you don't own yet whenever you do own it. (Unless you imported, then just enjoy it now)
#112 Posted by ZIVX (2981 posts) -

What are some of the things we can do with Nintendo's failed 3DS?

1- Get Migraine headaches

2- Being mislead into thinking we bought an evolved Nintendo portable from it's predecessor the DS

3- Forcing gullible Nintendo fans to shell out over $249 on 3DS release day, only to get a smack in the face a month later by a price drop to $169 due to sucky sales

4- Having no real games to play until 1st party games come out, and then having none to play once those start getting old

5- Realizing the genius of Sony having dual analog sticks, so now Nintendo fans have to buy a shoddy after market analog add on

Yeah, right....Vita already wins.

Slimmin360

1. Not many people report this and the option to turn off or alter the level of 3D is there for anyone's convenience. Also the 3DS started selling like crazy in November when Super Mario 3D Land came out, leading me to assume that most people don't buy the system for the 3D but for the games.

2. It is and soon it will have Pokemon as well

3. The early price point is a mistake and Nintendo realized this, but the Vita is launching with the same price so with your logic, the PSV's price will introduce mediocre sales (already happening in Japan). The new price point allowed Nintendo the massive sales it enjoys now and a solidified 3rd Party support.

4. First party games were out since launch so therefore there was always "real games" to play. Also this year there is a steady stream of games coming out, and we can only assume the same from then on as well. And this isn't even all of them.

5. That add-on isn't mandatory and no game REQUIRES it. The add-on was released because of Monster Hunter 3G, as a control option

#113 Posted by parduebenjamin (129 posts) -

"Hey guis! This new Nintendo innovation is just a gimmick that won't sell games!" (pic related)

#114 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"] LOL no you didn't, it would take alot more than that, i have a wife and 2 kids cooped up with me in the house this weekend because it's so cold outside. So if listening to them running around playing, screaming and yelling hasn't touched a nerve, you certainly won't.

Wow, you have a family yet you're so sensitive about this silly handheld war :lol:

I'm not letting myself get sensitive at all, i'm just making an argument for the portable of my choice. Since it's my opinion, that there is no " handheld war ", because you have to have a portable worthy of competing with another portable, and the 3DS is not even in the same league as the Vita. It's like comparing the Wii to the 360 or PS3, you can't, it's an inferior console it has no next gen hardware, HD graphics, no phenomenal online service to speak of, nothing that can touch or have the longevity of the PS3 and 360, hence the already announced and soon to be released Wii-U. Nintendo realized there mistake and are now going to try and play catch up with Sony and Microsoft, it's the same thing with the 3DS, yet another portable from Nintendo with no major hardware improvement from the DS, just a 3D gimmick that will in no way stand up to the beast about to be released by Sony in february.

LOL its MS and Sony catching up :lol: after all they wanna go the "casual" route No major hardware movement from DS? False. That is as stupid as saying that PSV is no major improvement from PSP. Gimmick? The 3D actually shows depth in gameplay. PSV won't outsell it, man
#115 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
Gotta love the headache complaints :lol: Bunch of pansies
#116 Posted by reach3 (1600 posts) -
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]What are you basing that on?Slimmin360
Hardware specs, games out on release day, and game in development.

oh please
#117 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"]Gotta love the headache complaints :lol: Bunch of pansies

I don't have a 3DS, but I have the HTC Evo 3D and I do get a lot of people telling me it hurts their eyes when I show them a 3D photo. I have gotten use to it and it doesn't bother me. But I have had most that I show the 3D photo to complain.
#118 Posted by CullV (25 posts) -

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita...

Either way your hateful remarks and failing predictions will be proven wrong in 1 years time when Vita's hardware and software sales increase far beyond 3DS could ever hope to obtain, so save your hate and failing speculations that aren't based on any real facts or analysis, since the system has yet to release here in the U.S.

The 3DS, however, did release with stagnent numbers and loss ground from there, the only reason they started selling more recently was because of the Nintendo's 1st party releases, once those sales die down, so will the sales of the 3DS, as usual.

Sony has always had better 3rd party support than Nintendo and they will again thanks to Vita's capability of being able to get direct ports of console titles.

Worldwide Sales

Nintendo 3DS: 42.74 million; Sony Vita: 4 million (as of January 2013).

You were saying?

#119 Posted by _Matt_ (10019 posts) -

@cullv said:

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita...

The 3DS, however, did release with stagnent numbers and loss ground from there, the only reason they started selling more recently was because of the Nintendo's 1st party releases, once those sales die down, so will the sales of the 3DS, as usual.

Sony has always had better 3rd party support than Nintendo and they will again thanks to Vita's capability of being able to get direct ports of console titles.

Worldwide Sales

Nintendo 3DS: 42.74 million; Sony Vita: 4 million (as of January 2013).

You were saying?

Not only did you bump a necro thread, you also got your numbers completely wrong. Congrats.

#120 Posted by R4gn4r0k (22224 posts) -

@Slimmin360 said:

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita......or

It's a bunch of PC and console gamers that just flat out hate portables and will say and make up anything to try and deter gamers from buying and enjoying the latest and greatest portable that is finally equal to current gen consoles.

Talk about baseless hating. You accuse others of doing it, yet you are the worst yourself.

#121 Edited by V3rciS (2218 posts) -

Look I don't know if Vita will outsell 3ds anytime soon, but from personal experience I can say that I'm using it more than my 3ds on a daily basis. Except of gaming, I found many other features to use on my Vita which 3ds clearly is in no position to offer. Things like Internet browsing, twitter, facebook, youtube, watching anime and movies. It basically replaced the need to buy a tablet for me.

#122 Posted by CullV (25 posts) -

...you also got your numbers completely wrong. Congrats.

I did?

Sources:

3DS: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1312.pdf

Vita: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/jan/04/playstation-2-manufacture-ends-years

Your sources, besides your imagination, if you'd please.

#123 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (7745 posts) -

Oh my God... The past! XD

#124 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@cullv said:

I did?

Sources:

3DS: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/historical_data/pdf/consolidated_sales_e1312.pdf

Vita: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2013/jan/04/playstation-2-manufacture-ends-years

vita is still the better handheld

#125 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (7745 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@cullv said:

I did?

Sources:

Vita is good but... Still laughing!

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#126 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Nintenfriends and that low-hanging fruit.

But yeah, OP got blown the **** out. Sorry.

#127 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Vita has always dominated.

#129 Edited by trugs26 (7067 posts) -

Talk about an old thread....

#130 Posted by trugs26 (7067 posts) -

@cullv: I guess this was bugging you for a while eh? Lol, keeping tabs on people's claims :P

#131 Posted by MonsieurX (34725 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Vita has always dominated.

...in mediocrity

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#132 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (11607 posts) -

Somebody's jelly of Nintendo.

#133 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Slimmin360 said:

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita......or

It's a bunch of PC and console gamers that just flat out hate portables and will say and make up anything to try and deter gamers from buying and enjoying the latest and greatest portable that is finally equal to current gen consoles.

It's way to early to predict any hardware sales failures, especially before it officially launches.

#134 Edited by PonchoTaco (3159 posts) -

TC is a silly clown.

EDIT: Old Thread

#135 Edited by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

Came into this thread "Man, what is this, 2012?"

*See's date of OP* "hey I was right!"

#136 Edited by charizard1605 (74315 posts) -

Well, this turned out well, didn't it?

#137 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (12841 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@Slimmin360 said:

It's way to early to predict any hardware sales failures, especially before it officially launches.

I believe you didn't check the date of this thread, and forgotten you have already posted in it

#138 Posted by charizard1605 (74315 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@cullv said:

I did?

Sources:

Rofl. No. No it's not. It's not even close.

Vita is incredible, but it's not even in the same league yet. If this fight was won on hardware and overall feel of the hardware, yes, Vita would be the greatest system ever made. But it comes down to games, and 3DS simply has too many, way too many, for Vita to keep up, even if its best games are balls to the walls incredible.

#139 Posted by clone01 (26191 posts) -

Don't care what TC has posted: he's never made a worthwhile thread.

#140 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I like that this was posted two years ago, and has still never come close to being true.

#141 Posted by jake44 (2084 posts) -

@clone01 said:

Is the Vita going to be successfull? I hope so. Will it dominate? I highly doubt it, especially against Nintendo.

#142 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

TC is an idiot

#143 Posted by Bigboi500 (35337 posts) -

Once again, you've got it wrong. Not just wrong about the handhelds, but also about the way they're perceived here. Both handhelds are great gaming systems, and you're a hypocrite for calling out haters while you yourself call the 3DS gimmicky and failing (lolwhat?).

Most handheld gamers on SW own and support both, minus the random fanboy or troll here and there.

While the Vita has superior hardware, the 3DS library is superior. Both are facts that are commonly accepted here by the more rational posters among us.

#144 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -

There needs to be more people like this dude on forums- people who'll dig up a two year old thread for the sole purpose of humiliating a user who's likely not even active around here any more.

Seriously- OP just got reamed. Bad.

#145 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2892 posts) -

Nintendo has made so many mistakes in their business over the years, it's not even worth mentioning, but one thing that's always been true -- Nintendo's handhelds have literally never been outsold by a competitor, starting with the original Gameboy down to the 3DS. Never.

#146 Posted by JangoWuzHere (18846 posts) -

@clone01:

@clone01 said:

Why do you care what dominates or not? Are you in f**king junior high?

...Why are you in system wars?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
#147 Posted by ShepardCommandr (3946 posts) -

@PraetorianMan said:

There's no chance in hell that Vita is going to actually outsell the 3DS.

#148 Posted by CountBleck12 (4740 posts) -

@treedoor said:

I like that this was posted two years ago, and has still never come close to being true.

#149 Edited by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

TC's crystal ball suffered from RROD...his predictions couldn't be further from the truth lmao

#150 Posted by Shielder7 (5191 posts) -

I'd say the Vita has as much chance of dominating the 3DS as the Wii U does the PS 4.

In other words don't hold your breath.