Don't Care What 3DS Lovers Say, PS-VITA Will Dominate

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -
3DS sinking ship? The Vita is struggling while the 3DS has started to gain momentum lol. Sony has no franchise that's as powerful as Mario, Mario Kart or Pokemon. They also can afford to compete with the new 3DS price. I wish them good luck.
#52 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

[QUOTE="PraetorianMan"]

There's no chance in hell that Vita is going to actually outsell the 3DS.

The assertions that its already a failure/DoA/whatever is equally as stupid though.

InB4 GearsForzaFace/JimmyPSN/whoever says something stupid.

Slimmin360

A pretty factual response of mine from another post from someone bashing Vita before release.

What are some of the things we can do with Nintendo's failed 3DS?

1- Get Migraine headaches

2- Being mislead into thinking we bought an evolved Nintendo portable from it's predecessor the DS

3- Forcing gullible Nintendo fans to shell out over $249 on 3DS release day, only to get a smack in the face a month later by a price drop to $169 due to sucky sales

4- Having no real games to play until 1st party games come out, and then having none to play once those start getting old

5- Realizing the genius of Sony having dual analog sticks, so now Nintendo fans have to buy a shoddy after market analog add on

Yeah, right....Vita already wins.

Whoops i for got one more thing, Nintendo fans were also led to believe that after the release of the DSi-XL that they would be getting a larger screen with the new 3DS, but obviously that's not true either.

So just to rake the Nintendo fanboys over the coals even more, Nintendo will undoubtedly release yet another iteration of the 3DS with a larger screen....and hopefully another analog stick, unless there saving that for there 3rd model.....careful 3DS fans look in the mirror and make sure the word sucker isn't stamped on your forehead before purchasing these next models of the 3DS.

#53 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]3DS sinking ship? The Vita is struggling while the 3DS has started to gain momentum lol. Sony has no franchise that's as powerful as Mario, Mario Kart or Pokemon. They also can afford to compete with the new 3DS price. I wish them good luck.

The only thing that gave the 3DS it's new momentum was, as always Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart 7, once all the hype dies down from the 1st party titles the sales will drop again.
#54 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="1PMrFister"] So in order to teach 3DS fanboys a lesson, you make a topic about defending Vita using flawed logic. Brilliant.ms555
Flawed Logic, ok how's this for a bit of factual logic..... For those of you that have a subscription to Game Informer Magazine, get out issue 224 December 2011 with the Spike Video Game Awards on cover. Turn to the page that says " Testing Vita's Vital's " among other praises about the Vita, you'll see a review on the game Uncharted Golden Abyss, where the reviewer says and i quote " if not for the occasional touch screen segments i would've forgot i was playing a portable " thats how flawless and detailed the Vita Uncharted game is.... Don't recall anyone ever getting a console experience on any Nintendo portable....do you?

once again i understand your intentions but be careful with your words. NEVER use the word FLAWLESS in your own defense. That right there is the vulnerable place in your argument you have made, sinc enow any reply can just be an attack on your word "flawless" or at least an attack on your too strong of a confidence in the opinions of Game Informer. Not saying you dont have a good point or good intentions, but like i said its all a part of becoming a better arguer

The word flawless was mine thats why it's not in quotations, what the reviewer said was in quotations.
#55 Posted by Haziqonfire (36344 posts) -

The only thing that gave the 3DS it's new momentum was, as always Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart 7, once all the hype dies down from the 1st party titles the sales will drop again.Slimmin360

Mario, Mario Kart and Pokemon have long legs, they'll remain selling well throughout the generation. Those games sell hardware -- there's a reason why 3DS sales rise and continue to rise -- there's also a reason why three 3DS games were in the top 10 of the best selling Japanese games in 2011 and there were 0 Vita titles.

#56 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
Anyone else looking forward looking forward to the inevitable "I traded my PSVita for (insert product X)" thread. You know it's coming. Slimmin360 you're boring and as predictable as night and day.
#57 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"] The only thing that gave the 3DS it's new momentum was, as always Mario, Zelda and Mario Kart 7, once all the hype dies down from the 1st party titles the sales will drop again.Haziqonfire

Mario, Mario Kart and Pokemon have long legs, they'll remain selling well throughout the generation. Those games sell hardware -- there's a reason why 3DS sales rise and continue to rise -- there's also a reason why three 3DS games were in the top 10 of the best selling Japanese games in 2011 and there were 0 Vita titles.

I don't know if thats necessarily true, look at the Wii, it got 2 Zelda games, 4 Mario games, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime games, and still the sales continue to dwindle on the Wii, to the point where stores don't even need to be restocked anymore.
#58 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Anyone else looking forward looking forward to the inevitable "I traded my PSVita for (insert product X)" thread. You know it's coming. Slimmin360 you're boring and as predictable as night and day.

If a superior handheld or console hardware comes out i will absolutely trade up again, i'm not a collector that holds on to hardware forever, i constantly trade up for the latest and greatest thing on the market.......so what's wrong with that. So by your logic i should sit here and still be playing my Atari 2600 and the original Gameboy?.....
#59 Posted by NJGIANTSNY (305 posts) -

Friend Codes a problem 3ds fans ? that ghost racing on mario kart 3ds remake not working out .:lol:

Feb 22 is coming

:twisted:

#60 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Anyone else looking forward looking forward to the inevitable "I traded my PSVita for (insert product X)" thread. You know it's coming. Slimmin360 you're boring and as predictable as night and day.

If a superior handheld or console hardware comes out i will absolutely trade up again, i'm not a collector that holds on to hardware forever, i constantly trade up for the latest and greatest thing on the market.......so what's wrong with that. So by your logic i should sit here and still be playing my Atari 2600 and the original Gameboy?.....

No a sound logic would be for you to shut the f**k up and stop polluting this board with your latest flavour of the month s**t.
#61 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

Friend Codes a problem 3ds fans ? that ghost racing on mario kart 3ds not working out .:lol:

Feb 22 is coming

:twisted:

NJGIANTSNY

Yeah Baby..GO GIANTS.........

#62 Posted by NJGIANTSNY (305 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Anyone else looking forward looking forward to the inevitable "I traded my PSVita for (insert product X)" thread. You know it's coming. Slimmin360 you're boring and as predictable as night and day.carlisledavid79

No a sound logic would be for you to shut the f**k up and stop polluting this board with your latest flavour of the month s**t.

*takes Temp* :evil:

yep he mad

#63 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"]Anyone else looking forward looking forward to the inevitable "I traded my PSVita for (insert product X)" thread. You know it's coming. Slimmin360 you're boring and as predictable as night and day.

You don't need to be here....get lost, stop replying to my thread, especially since there so boring and predictable.....then get the hell out and don't respond anymore.
#64 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -
We all know the vita wont dominate....
#65 Posted by JohnF111 (14093 posts) -
Who cares if it outsells, just as long as it sells enough to remain well supported by developers and Sony.
#66 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

So Mario Kart, Pokemon, and Monster Hunter aren't the most dominating series in gaming?

#67 Posted by carlisledavid79 (10503 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"] If a superior handheld or console hardware comes out i will absolutely trade up again, i'm not a collector that holds on to hardware forever, i constantly trade up for the latest and greatest thing on the market.......so what's wrong with that. So by your logic i should sit here and still be playing my Atari 2600 and the original Gameboy?.....

You don't need to be here....get lost, stop replying to my thread, especially since there so boring and predictable.....then get the hell out and don't respond anymore.

Hit a nerve I see. Marvelous
#68 Posted by NJGIANTSNY (305 posts) -

JohnF111

we have a winner folks

who cares about sales

we are gamers n care about games n the PS Vita has the stronger line-up of games n games that can't be put on 3ds.

While the 3ds has remakes mario kart zelda kid icarus you name it.

mario 3d land remake 30 fps tapping the 3ds out already

3-d on off switch cuz they can't have you going blind now can they lol gimmick of death only on nintendo Wii-mote flinging n 3-D watching

wonder how resident evil is going to play lol 28 fps per second hahaha plz

man nintendo held they hands long enough with friend codes they gone crazy with only one friend code now for all....they thinking they got freedom lets hear them shout lol

#69 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
[QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] No a sound logic would be for you to shut the f**k up and stop polluting this board with your latest flavour of the month s**t.

LOL no you didn't, it would take alot more than that, i have a wife and 2 kids cooped up with me in the house this weekend because it's so cold outside. So if listening to them running around playing, screaming and yelling hasn't touched a nerve, you certainly won't.
#70 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
Who cares if it outsells, just as long as it sells enough to remain well supported by developers and Sony.JohnF111
I agree, even though my personal preference is the Vita, i don't care who tops out in sales, as long as there's enough software support for all.
#71 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -

JohnF111

we have a winner folks

who cares about sales

we are gamers n care about games n the PS Vita has the stronger line-up of games n games that can't be put on 3ds.

While the 3ds has remakes mario kart zelda kid icarus you name it.

mario 3d land remake 30 fps tapping the 3ds out already

3-d on off switch cuz they can't have you going blind now can they lol gimmick of death only on nintendo Wii-mote flinging n 3-D watching

wonder how resident evil is going to play lol 28 fps per second hahaha plz

man nintendo held they hands long enough with friend codes they gone crazy with only one friend code now for all....they thinking they got freedom lets hear them shout lol

NJGIANTSNY
Tekken 3D runs at 60 fps WITH 3D on and why does it matter anyway? The DS is 5678653337x better than the PSP even though the PSP had better hardware and the ps2 was the weakest console last Gen, did that suck too because of its low FPS and graphics?
#72 Posted by Kaszilla (1718 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]Who cares if it outsells, just as long as it sells enough to remain well supported by developers and Sony.Slimmin360
I agree, even though my personal preference is the Vita, i don't care who tops out in sales, as long as there's enough software support for all.

If the vita continues to sell the way it is selling now in Japan, developers wont support it.
#73 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="JohnF111"]Who cares if it outsells, just as long as it sells enough to remain well supported by developers and Sony.Kaszilla

If the vita continues to sell the way it is selling now in Japan, developers wont support it.

Shouldn't be a problem vita got a better start than psp in japan
#74 Posted by Sentinator (234 posts) -

For the one who said they care about games: games won't come if games aren't selling. So yes. Sales matter.

#75 Posted by NJGIANTSNY (305 posts) -

For the one who said they care about games: games won't come if games aren't selling. So yes. Sales matter.

Sentinator

feb 22

just gotta wait

vita selling better then psp did in japan as poster pointed out above. it sold game wise n hardware wise worse then the vita n with the psp, umd movies were selling more then its games.

plus didn't you get the memo ? sales don't matter when u not winning:P

man i wonder how they gonna act when the wii u comes out with no friend codes:?

#76 Posted by Sentinator (234 posts) -

lol I agree. I don't think it matters who is first second or third. Developers will support the platform provided it aids their profitability. We will see when it comes.

#77 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11424 posts) -
Forcing gullible Nintendo fans to shell out over $249 on 3DS release day, only to get a smack in the face a month later by a price drop to $169 due to sucky saleSlimmin360
All your points are flawed but this one.. :lol: The price drop came in after about 5 or 6 months. It came out in February and was cut until late August I believe.
#78 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I'm more worried about 3rd party as both have trouble with that. Like I wanted star wars forced unleashed 2 to be on psp
#79 Posted by Lord_Omikron666 (4768 posts) -

No... No it won't

#80 Posted by yoshi_64 (25261 posts) -
I like making inaccurate and false predictions based on baseless assumptions about the current situations at hand by blindly turning my head around and putting on my rose tinted glasses. Xbox Portable will win!
#81 Posted by Kcinz (857 posts) -
I like a console that I can actually see clearly. The 3D on the 3DS just looks so weird :(
#82 Posted by dontshackzmii (6026 posts) -

vita has no games

#83 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23865 posts) -

how the hell does anyone give a damn about vita with this on the way?

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/43931/razer-project-fiona-gaming-tablet

razer says yo dog we hear you like portables and we hear you like i7 desktops so we put an i7 in yo handheld yo. :P

#84 Posted by cainetao11 (17765 posts) -

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita......or

It's a bunch of PC and console gamers that just flat out hate portables and will say and make up anything to try and deter gamers from buying and enjoying the latest and greatest portable that is finally equal to current gen consoles.

Either way your hateful remarks and failing predictions will be proven wrong in 1 years time when Vita's hardware and software sales increase far beyond 3DS could ever hope to obtain, so save your hate and failing speculations that aren't based on any real facts or analysis, since the system has yet to release here in the U.S.

It's way to early to predict any hardware sales failures, especially before it officially launches.

The 3DS, however, did release with stagnent numbers and loss ground from there, the only reason they started selling more recently was because of the Nintendo's 1st party releases, once those sales die down, so will the sales of the 3DS, as usual.

Sony has always had better 3rd party support than Nintendo and they will again thanks to Vita's capability of being able to get direct ports of console titles.

Slimmin360
Sort of agree. I went to Gamespot on post last night and reserved my Vita for $50 down. Looking forward to it.
#85 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I like a console that I can actually see clearly. The 3D on the 3DS just looks so weird :(Kcinz
Its just finding your sweet spot with the slider mine was about 40% for the average game.
#86 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -

razer says yo dog we hear you like portables and we hear you like i7 desktops so we put an i7 in yo handheld yo. :P

Riverwolf007
It does look cool but looks more for the tablet crowd as vita/3ds are quite a bit smaller
#87 Posted by trent44 (252 posts) -

[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

p4s2p0

It does look cool but looks more for the tablet crowd as vita/3ds are quite a bit smaller

Isn't that just a giant $1000 tablet that melts batteries with two Sony Navigation Controllers welded to it?

#88 Posted by babycakin (1603 posts) -

[QUOTE="Kcinz"]I like a console that I can actually see clearly. The 3D on the 3DS just looks so weird :(p4s2p0
Its just finding your sweet spot with the slider mine was about 40% for the average game.

Ya, it just pretty much takes finding the sweet spot. I had a hard time at 1st but I tried like a few weeks later and voila, was easy and the 3D looked great^^

#89 Posted by trent44 (252 posts) -

[QUOTE="ms555"]

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Vita needs quality and original games to succeed, not console ports. See Nintendo DS for a lesson.

Also hardware power alone never sells a handheld console.

nameless12345
i think its time we got pickier about the words we choose, because port is not the word to use here. OCarina of time 3d is a port. UMVC Vita is a port. Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLus is a port Uncharted Golden Abyss is not a port. LBP Vita is not a port (if u research it, its actually superior to the console version), Wipeout 2048 is not a port. However i can understand why people are inclined to see it that way, because people find them to be port-LIKE. Port like because people interpret them to be dumbed down versions of console games

Heres a new argument for you guys you didnt consider yet. I beat Uncharted 3 already. Uncharted 4 is certainly coming to PS4, i want more uncharted tho. When I do play and buy golden abyss, that argument of "why buy a dumbed down bla bla bla bla" doesnt apply to me. I already played all uncharted and here im trying to get more. So am i really ripping myself off here.

Not quite This is an important argument because nintendo and sony are given different logical assessments, meanwhile the proper way is to apply the same logic to all scenarios and see how things work out. The thing is, people are okay with super mario 3d land even if i could just as easily call it a dumbed Mario Galaxy. Mind you, im not saying i believe or dont believe that, but im pointing out that its just as easy to say. THATS A PROBLEM, that shows a hole in the logic because a sound logic is impenetrable. It shouldnt require me to tweak the logic depending on the system im judging. People overlook this problem though, because they think of mario 3d land in the way ive newly approached uncharted golden abyss. Most of the vita haters are nintendo fans that have already beaten mario games on wii. They want more where that came from, they love a new mario experience and the 3DS is doing that, its supplying more mario. If i wanted to, i could also say "why buy mario 3d land if i can get mario galaxy for my wii!". I would, however, be disregarding all those gamers who want more mario and already have and beat mario galaxy. So to them they arent cheating themselves, they are getting more of what they love. (just like the uncharted lovers are with vita)

Its important to realize that the logic used to defend 3DS and attack vita can often actually be applied vice versa when we stop being stubborn for a second, and what that means is the logic actually cancels itself out. The logic makes sense when we where horse blinders as we jump into these discussions, but seeing the big picture forces us to notice the hole in EVERYONE's logic. The way to cure that problem is to stop wearing the metaphorical horse blinders, but people wear them on purpose at times to ignore holes in logic theyd rather not call attention to. So nobody wins, because nobody is actually advancing these handheld discussions anywhere

I wasn't refering to Uncharted specifically and I realize Golden Abyss is a fully new game and not a port. However the Vita will imo need more games that you couldn't find on any other system as well as couldn't play as good (or even at all) on other systems. It has impressive power for a handheld and it has many features so the devs should use them well. It should feel like a new experience and not like something forced and/or gimmicky.

Luckily those games are already in development for the Vita! :D

Here is just a sample:

Army Corps of Hell
Bioshock Vita
Call of Duty Vita
DJMax Technika Vita
Dragon's Crown
Dust 514
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
FIFA
Gravity Rush
Everybody's Golf 6
Killzone Vita
Little Big Planet
Little Deviants
Lord of Apocalypse
Lumines Electronic Symphony
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Mortal Kombat Vita
MotorStorm: RC
New King's Story
New Nihon Falcom game
Persona 4: The Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Reality Fighters
Resistance: Burning Skies
Ruin
Samurai & Dragons
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11ninme no Suspect
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Smart As
Sound Shapes
StarDrone Extreme
Sumi Oni
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Super Stardust Delta
Touch My Katamari
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13

#90 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] i think its time we got pickier about the words we choose, because port is not the word to use here. OCarina of time 3d is a port. UMVC Vita is a port. Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLus is a port Uncharted Golden Abyss is not a port. LBP Vita is not a port (if u research it, its actually superior to the console version), Wipeout 2048 is not a port. However i can understand why people are inclined to see it that way, because people find them to be port-LIKE. Port like because people interpret them to be dumbed down versions of console games

Heres a new argument for you guys you didnt consider yet. I beat Uncharted 3 already. Uncharted 4 is certainly coming to PS4, i want more uncharted tho. When I do play and buy golden abyss, that argument of "why buy a dumbed down bla bla bla bla" doesnt apply to me. I already played all uncharted and here im trying to get more. So am i really ripping myself off here.

Not quite This is an important argument because nintendo and sony are given different logical assessments, meanwhile the proper way is to apply the same logic to all scenarios and see how things work out. The thing is, people are okay with super mario 3d land even if i could just as easily call it a dumbed Mario Galaxy. Mind you, im not saying i believe or dont believe that, but im pointing out that its just as easy to say. THATS A PROBLEM, that shows a hole in the logic because a sound logic is impenetrable. It shouldnt require me to tweak the logic depending on the system im judging. People overlook this problem though, because they think of mario 3d land in the way ive newly approached uncharted golden abyss. Most of the vita haters are nintendo fans that have already beaten mario games on wii. They want more where that came from, they love a new mario experience and the 3DS is doing that, its supplying more mario. If i wanted to, i could also say "why buy mario 3d land if i can get mario galaxy for my wii!". I would, however, be disregarding all those gamers who want more mario and already have and beat mario galaxy. So to them they arent cheating themselves, they are getting more of what they love. (just like the uncharted lovers are with vita)

Its important to realize that the logic used to defend 3DS and attack vita can often actually be applied vice versa when we stop being stubborn for a second, and what that means is the logic actually cancels itself out. The logic makes sense when we where horse blinders as we jump into these discussions, but seeing the big picture forces us to notice the hole in EVERYONE's logic. The way to cure that problem is to stop wearing the metaphorical horse blinders, but people wear them on purpose at times to ignore holes in logic theyd rather not call attention to. So nobody wins, because nobody is actually advancing these handheld discussions anywhere

trent44

I wasn't refering to Uncharted specifically and I realize Golden Abyss is a fully new game and not a port. However the Vita will imo need more games that you couldn't find on any other system as well as couldn't play as good (or even at all) on other systems. It has impressive power for a handheld and it has many features so the devs should use them well. It should feel like a new experience and not like something forced and/or gimmicky.

Luckily those games are already in development for the Vita! :D

Here is just a sample:

Army Corps of Hell
Bioshock Vita
Call of Duty Vita
DJMax Technika Vita
Dragon's Crown
Dust 514
Dynasty Warriors Next
Escape Plan
FIFA
Gravity Rush
Everybody's Golf 6
Killzone Vita
Little Big Planet
Little Deviants
Lord of Apocalypse
Lumines Electronic Symphony
ModNation Racers: Road Trip
Mortal Kombat Vita
MotorStorm: RC
New King's Story
New Nihon Falcom game
Persona 4: The Golden
Ragnarok Odyssey
Reality Fighters
Resistance: Burning Skies
Ruin
Samurai & Dragons
Shin Kamaitachi no Yoru: 11ninme no Suspect
Shinobido 2: Tales of the Ninja
Smart As
Sound Shapes
StarDrone Extreme
Sumi Oni
Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz
Super Stardust Delta
Touch My Katamari
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Unit 13

You forgot Dungeon Hunter Alliance too.

#91 Posted by LastRambo341 (8767 posts) -
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"] You don't need to be here....get lost, stop replying to my thread, especially since there so boring and predictable.....then get the hell out and don't respond anymore.

LOL no you didn't, it would take alot more than that, i have a wife and 2 kids cooped up with me in the house this weekend because it's so cold outside. So if listening to them running around playing, screaming and yelling hasn't touched a nerve, you certainly won't.

Wow, you have a family yet you're so sensitive about this silly handheld war :lol:
#92 Posted by xLittlekillx (1808 posts) -

The ps vita is like a slow motion car crash. It's hard to watch, but a little bit exciting at the same time even though I feel bad for everybody involved.

#93 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

vita has no games

dontshackzmii
Instead of arguing this statement, just do yourself a favor and look at the already multiple links and games list for the Vita that already exist in this post. Or just take the time before you post a reply to read other replies and you'll find these things out yourself.
#94 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

The ps vita is like a slow motion car crash. It's hard to watch, but a little bit exciting at the same time even though I feel bad for everybody involved.

xLittlekillx
LOL.....it's replies like this that make me laugh, because i know your either into PC's, consoles only, or 3DS, and thats fine....but i've already done weeks of research on the Vita, that includes articles in magazines, online, countless Youtube in game video's, presentation video's, video reviews, E3 and CES players commentary, everything. So my point is, don't comment on something, just because you prefer something else, or you might not like the looks of something or even if your going by the lack of success of it's predecessor, because you can't draw a fair conclusion that way. The PS-VITA is an entirely different monster than the PSP, with a different user interface, two touch screens, dual analogs, front and rear cameras, and much more advanced internal hardware with it's 4 core processor, and 512 system ram and 128 vram. Yes also an impressive games list on release and in development...so do yourself a favor and do some research before embarrassing yourself with these idiotic statements of yours. I've done my research and then made my choice.....you've done none of that.
#95 Posted by Fizzman (9882 posts) -

Both are garbage, but i like the Vita more since i absolutely HATE 3D.

I wouldnt spend my money on either device.

#96 Posted by xLittlekillx (1808 posts) -

[QUOTE="xLittlekillx"]

Slimmin360

LOL.....it's replies like this that make me laugh, because i know your either into PC's, consoles only, or 3DS, and thats fine....but i've already done weeks of research on the Vita, that includes articles in magazines, online, countless Youtube in game video's, presentation video's, video reviews, E3 and CES players commentary, everything. So my point is, don't comment on something, just because you prefer something else, or you might not like the looks of something or even if your going by the lack of success of it's predecessor, because you can't draw a fair conclusion that way. The PS-VITA is an entirely different monster than the PSP, with a different user interface, two touch screens, dual analogs, front and rear cameras, and much more advanced internal hardware with it's 4 core processor, and 512 system ram and 128 vram. Yes also an impressive games list on release and in development...so do yourself a favor and do some research before embarrassing yourself with these idiotic statements of yours. I've done my research and then made my choice.....you've done none of that.

Whoah, settle down buddy. I was on the fence about getting one, but I wasn't sure because I remembered my love/hate relationship with the PSP. I got a $400 amazon gift card, and I was so close to getting one. Then the japanese numbers came in, and the vita was failing badly. I relooked at the games list, I saw maybe 3 that I was actually interested in, though I could probably push myself to feign interest in a few more than that in my excitement about getting a new system. But in the end my better judgement took over.

Now, I'm going to watch the american launch, which hopefully won't be too ugly because it's sad to see anybody fail that hard, and maybe I'll get one when more games that I actually want to play come out and/or a revision of the console is released.

Also, in the future you might want to tone down your frothing fanboyism. It's creepy and offputting.

#97 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="carlisledavid79"] Hit a nerve I see. Marvelous

Wow, you have a family yet you're so sensitive about this silly handheld war :lol:

I'm not letting myself get sensitive at all, i'm just making an argument for the portable of my choice. Since it's my opinion, that there is no " handheld war ", because you have to have a portable worthy of competing with another portable, and the 3DS is not even in the same league as the Vita. It's like comparing the Wii to the 360 or PS3, you can't, it's an inferior console it has no next gen hardware, HD graphics, no phenomenal online service to speak of, nothing that can touch or have the longevity of the PS3 and 360, hence the already announced and soon to be released Wii-U. Nintendo realized there mistake and are now going to try and play catch up with Sony and Microsoft, it's the same thing with the 3DS, yet another portable from Nintendo with no major hardware improvement from the DS, just a 3D gimmick that will in no way stand up to the beast about to be released by Sony in february.
#98 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -

"The PlayStation Vita Is Set to Succeed" - IGN

http://qarlosjo.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/new-trollface1.jpeg

#99 Posted by kejigoto (2305 posts) -

[QUOTE="PraetorianMan"]

The assertions that its already a failure/DoA/whatever is equally as stupid though.

Slimmin360

A pretty factual response of mine from another post from someone bashing Vita before release.

2- Being mislead into thinking we bought an evolved Nintendo portable from it's predecessor the DS

3- Forcing gullible Nintendo fans to shell out over $249 on 3DS release day, only to get a smack in the face a month later by a price drop to $169 due to sucky sales

4- Having no real games to play until 1st party games come out, and then having none to play once those start getting old

5- Realizing the genius of Sony having dual analog sticks, so now Nintendo fans have to buy a shoddy after market analog add on

1.) What headaches are you talking about? I play my 3DS all the time with the slider cranked and haven't even dealt with my eyes being "fatigued" or anything like that. Not sure where you are pulling this from... 2.) Being mislead? From what I've seen on the 3DS nothing on the DS came close to this in terms of graphics and content. Not sure what sort of magic you were expecting from a 3DS it sounds like you don't own but it has more than delivered. 3.) No one forced me to shell out anything on the 3DS. I pre-ordered on my own accord, paid willingly, and was quite happy with my purchase. Then I got 20 free downloadable games which I enjoy quite abit. If this is being smacked in the face then Nintendo can strike me any time they want. 4.) So third party games like Sonic Generations, Resident Evil Revelations, Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear Solid 3, Professor Layton, Monster Hunter Tri-G, Monster Hunter 4 and others don't count? 5.) The 3DS is getting by just fine with the analog slider and as long as developers don't try to force the system to be something it isn't things will work out just fine, much like it did with the PSP. Not only this but the Circle Pad Pro looks to be a good thing and not only adds another circle pad but two more trigger buttons as well. Given the fact that the Vita is still struggling in Japan with no signs of this changing while the 3DS continues to sell around a quarter of a million a week plus it is selling extremely well in every other region I don't see the Vita overtaking it in a year's time. The Vita is releasing at a higher price point, requires the purchase of an expensive memory card to even start some of its biggest games, and is coming out when Nintendo is now getting all the big games out the door. Oh by the way I have the Vita pre-ordered and also think it will do well but it won't be outshining the 3DS any time soon or ever.
#100 Posted by Slimmin360 (1485 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"]

[QUOTE="PraetorianMan"]

kejigoto

1.) What headaches are you talking about? I play my 3DS all the time with the slider cranked and haven't even dealt with my eyes being "fatigued" or anything like that. Not sure where you are pulling this from...

Really your not sure where i'm getting the whole headaches thing from, just Google it and you'll see for yourself the flood of complaints and lawsuits Nintendo got when this thing released.

2.) Being mislead? From what I've seen on the 3DS nothing on the DS came close to this in terms of graphics and content. Not sure what sort of magic you were expecting from a 3DS it sounds like you don't own but it has more than delivered.

What has it delivered on exactly, still has a tiny screen, still no solid online software, it's basically a DS with a 3D slider.

3.) No one forced me to shell out anything on the 3DS. I pre-ordered on my own accord, paid willingly, and was quite happy with my purchase. Then I got 20 free downloadable games which I enjoy quite abit. If this is being smacked in the face then Nintendo can strike me any time they want.

Well if Nintendo is so confident in there hardware why was the accessorie thumb stick released?, and why after the just as sorry japanese release did they cut the price almost in half?....because it was failing.

4.) So third party games like Sonic Generations, Resident Evil Revelations, Tales of the Abyss, Metal Gear Solid 3, Professor Layton, Monster Hunter Tri-G, Monster Hunter 4 and others don't count?

With this one you just made my point for me, all these 3rd party games you listed are very dumbed down versions of there console brothers, why? because the 3DS doesn't have the hardware to have it be nearly indistinguishable from the console, but Vita does.

5.) The 3DS is getting by just fine with the analog slider and as long as developers don't try to force the system to be something it isn't things will work out just fine, much like it did with the PSP. Not only this but the Circle Pad Pro looks to be a good thing and not only adds another circle pad but two more trigger buttons as well. Given the fact that the Vita is still struggling in Japan with no signs of this changing while the 3DS continues to sell around a quarter of a million a week plus it is selling extremely well in every other region I don't see the Vita overtaking it in a year's time. The Vita is releasing at a higher price point, requires the purchase of an expensive memory card to even start some of its biggest games, and is coming out when Nintendo is now getting all the big games out the door.

Your right the 3DS is just getting by, unlike it's predecessor that broke sales records the 3DS is getting by, and you and others in this forum keep mentioning Vita's lack luster release in Japan, like all of a sudden 3DS owners got selective amnesia or something, the 3DS released very poorly in Japan as well, hence the price cut a month later, the 3DS's sales boosted when 1st party titles released, and that was the only reason why...don't believe me goto Gametrailers.com and watch the newest Bonus Round, where one of the panel experts says the exact same thing, he also compares the 3DS to a " plastic piece of fisher price type toy " to the " new stunning sleek looking high piece of tech that is the PS-Vita".

Oh by the way I have the Vita pre-ordered and also think it will do well but it won't be outshining the 3DS any time soon or ever.

Oh really you have it pre-ordered, why? you just got through telling me how much better the 3DS is and you already have that, so why would you want to bother with the Vita?.....being a bit hypocritical aren't we, i've played, owned and traded the 3DS and i have no interest in buying it again, the Vita will be enough for me.