Don't Care What 3DS Lovers Say, PS-VITA Will Dominate

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita......or

It's a bunch of PC and console gamers that just flat out hate portables and will say and make up anything to try and deter gamers from buying and enjoying the latest and greatest portable that is finally equal to current gen consoles.

Either way your hateful remarks and failing predictions will be proven wrong in 1 years time when Vita's hardware and software sales increase far beyond 3DS could ever hope to obtain, so save your hate and failing speculations that aren't based on any real facts or analysis, since the system has yet to release here in the U.S.

It's way to early to predict any hardware sales failures, especially before it officially launches.

The 3DS, however, did release with stagnent numbers and loss ground from there, the only reason they started selling more recently was because of the Nintendo's 1st party releases, once those sales die down, so will the sales of the 3DS, as usual.

Sony has always had better 3rd party support than Nintendo and they will again thanks to Vita's capability of being able to get direct ports of console titles.

Keith_Apicary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Keith_Apicary
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
Good luck with that.
PraetorianMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PraetorianMan
Member since 2011 • 2073 Posts

There's no chance in hell that Vita is going to actually outsell the 3DS.

The assertions that its already a failure/DoA/whatever is equally as stupid though.

InB4 GearsForzaFace/JimmyPSN/whoever says something stupid.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Why do you care what dominates or not? Are you in f**king junior high?

phonemug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 phonemug
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

:lol:

Cows have gone crazy

Way to make your faction look even worse

SRW-MKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SRW-MKII
Member since 2012 • 139 Posts

I've sat back and read all the hating of the Sony and PS-Vita threads listed here, and the only conclusion i can come to, as for the reason for all the hate is either, it's a bunch of jealous 3DS owners who already sank there money into the gimmicky 3DS sinking ship, only to discover the monster hardware that is built into Vita......or

It's a bunch of PC and console gamers that just flat out hate portables and will say and make up anything to try and deter gamers from buying and enjoying the latest and greatest portable that is finally equal to current gen consoles.

Either way your hateful remarks and failing predictions will be proven wrong in 1 years time when Vita's hardware and software sales increase far beyond 3DS could ever hope to obtain, so save your hate and failing speculations that aren't based on any real facts or analysis, since the system has yet to release here in the U.S.

It's way to early to predict any hardware sales failures, especially before it officially launches.

The 3DS, however, did release with stagnent numbers and loss ground from there, the only reason they started selling more recently was because of the Nintendo's 1st party releases, once those sales die down, so will the sales of the 3DS, as usual.

Sony has always had better 3rd party support than Nintendo and they will again thanks to Vita's capability of being able to get direct ports of console titles.

Slimmin360

It is too early to predict if the hardware will fail, but early enough to predict that it will succeed... Great logic!

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
What are you basing that on?
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"]

SRW-MKII

It is too early to predict if the hardware will fail, but early enough to predict that it will succeed... Great logic!

I was gonna say something to this effect, but yeah, hypocritical TC is hypocritical.
Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Slimmin360
What are you basing that on?meetroid8
Hardware specs, games out on release day, and game in development.
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 meetroid8
[QUOTE="meetroid8"]What are you basing that on?Slimmin360
Hardware specs, games out on release day, and game in development.

Wii has the worst hardware and, in some ways, the worst library of the three current consoles, but it is still the best selling. What makes you think they will help the Vita anymore than they did the PS3 or 360?
Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Slimmin360

There's no chance in hell that Vita is going to actually outsell the 3DS.

The assertions that its already a failure/DoA/whatever is equally as stupid though.

InB4 GearsForzaFace/JimmyPSN/whoever says something stupid.

PraetorianMan

A pretty factual response of mine from another post from someone bashing Vita before release.

What are some of the things we can do with Nintendo's failed 3DS?

1- Get Migraine headaches

2- Being mislead into thinking we bought an evolved Nintendo portable from it's predecessor the DS

3- Forcing gullible Nintendo fans to shell out over $249 on 3DS release day, only to get a smack in the face a month later by a price drop to $169 due to sucky sales

4- Having no real games to play until 1st party games come out, and then having none to play once those start getting old

5- Realizing the genius of Sony having dual analog sticks, so now Nintendo fans have to buy a shoddy after market analog add on

Yeah, right....Vita already wins.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny that
clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Is the Vita going to be successfull? I hope so. Will it dominate? I highly doubt it, especially against Nintendo.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Slimmin360
[QUOTE="ms555"]im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny that

Honestly i'm inclined to agree with you, but i thought i would give the other fanboys a taste of their own medicine, since there so confident in the systems's failure i wanted to make an equally poignant and arrogant point on Vita's behalf....even if it does teeter on pure fanboyism.
gamefan67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 gamefan67
Member since 2004 • 10034 Posts

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"]

SRW-MKII

TC is a dumbass. (that felt good)
Rougehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Rougehunter
Member since 2004 • 5873 Posts

Just like how the PSP dominated the origial DS?

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LastRambo341
Member since 2010 • 8767 Posts
Mad Cow Disease has spread already?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"]im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny thatSlimmin360
Honestly i'm inclined to agree with you, but i thought i would give the other fanboys a taste of their own medicine, since there so confident in the systems's failure i wanted to make an equally poignant and arrogant point on Vita's behalf....even if it does teeter on pure fanboyism.

i know exactly the feeling and simply to change the mood on system wars i have been going out of my way to make pro Vita threads every once in a while

you must be careful though, because you cant become the very person your opponents WANT you to be. Realize this, a firm vita hater actually wants you to make threads like this. Sounds weird right? But their ANTI VITA CAMPAIGN thrives on these threads, because they are just such easy targets. You need to make sure your logic is sounder and ur claims more indesputable, because whether or not you make any good point wont matter. Your opponent will find any achilles heel in your argument and attack it with all they got, no matter how relevant their points are to the main focus of the thread.

You denying the selling power of nintendo is creating a GIGANTIC TARGET ON YOUR BACK SAYING, SHOOT ME NOW IM VULNERABLE. You gotta watch out, i know you wanna support vita but this isnt the way.

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts
It's hard to tell if Sony fanboys are serious or trolling :x While this post is highly absurd, it would not be surprising for someone with an intelligence level of a cow to post this and believe it.
LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="ms555"]im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny thatms555

i know exactly the feeling and simply to change the mood on system wars i have been going out of my way to make pro Vita threads every once in a while

you must be careful though, because you cant become the very person your opponents WANT you to be. Realize this, a firm vita hater actually wants you to make threads like this. Sounds weird right? But their ANTI VITA CAMPAIGN thrives on these threads, because they are just such easy targets. You need to make sure your logic is sounder and ur claims more indesputable, because whether or not you make any good point wont matter. Your opponent will find any achilles heel in your argument and attack it with all they got, no matter how relevant their points are to the main focus of the thread.

You denying the selling power of nintendo is creating a GIGANTIC TARGET ON YOUR BACK SAYING, SHOOT ME NOW IM VULNERABLE. You gotta watch out, i know you wanna support vita but this isnt the way.

LMAO :lol: What is this? E-counseling? :lol: E-therapy?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ms555
[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="ms555"]

Honestly i'm inclined to agree with you, but i thought i would give the other fanboys a taste of their own medicine, since there so confident in the systems's failure i wanted to make an equally poignant and arrogant point on Vita's behalf....even if it does teeter on pure fanboyism.Slimmin360

hahahahaha shutup!! hahaha listen, system wars becomes a better place to post when more people understand how to make logical arguments. And thats something i want to promote haha, cant blame me for trying
trent44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trent44
Member since 2008 • 255 Posts

Well, I could see Vita selling 100+ million units by year 2020.

And, Vita will probably have a very large selection of quality third party games.

The 3DS will have a probably have a good selection of quality first party games.

How much the 3DS will sell by 2020 is the unknown variable. (anywhere from 80m up to 160m depending if they can capture the casual market yet again)

Either way, what really matters are the GAMES the Vita and 3DS get (most important is if those games are to your tastes).

LastRambo341

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LastRambo341

[QUOTE="LastRambo341"][QUOTE="ms555"]

ms555

hahahahaha shutup!! hahaha listen, system wars becomes a better place to post when more people understand how to make logical arguments. And thats something i want to promote haha, cant blame me for trying

I think you have better things to do in life than "advising" random people on the Internet.

Besides, I like watching people say stupid (even though they're serious) stuff on SW, its entertaining. You're taking that entertainment away, so I'll have to murder you.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="LastRambo341"] LMAO :lol: What is this? E-counseling? :lol: E-therapy?LastRambo341

I think you have better things to do in life than "advising" random people on the Internet.

Besides, I like watching people say stupid (even though they're serious) stuff on SW, its entertaining. You're taking that entertainment away, so I'll have to murder you.

have mercy on my soul!
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

You make some of the dumbest threads ever here. If I'm not mistaken, you've made threads about how you sold Demon's Souls because it was too hard, about buying Dark Souls and saying that was too hard and selling it, trading your Gears 3 Xbox 360 for a Vita preorder, and how the PS3 version of Skyrim was the best. Am I correct?

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ms555

You make some of the dumbest threads ever here. If I'm not mistaken, you've made threads about how you sold Demon's Souls because it was too hard, about buying Dark Souls and saying that was too hard and selling it, trading your Gears 3 Xbox 360 for a Vita preorder, and how the PS3 version of Skyrim was the best. Am I correct?

Bigboi500
your a big meanie, whats the point of saying that other than to hurt the poor guys feelings lol
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 meetroid8
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

ms555
your a big meanie, whats the point of saying that other than to hurt the poor guys feelings lol

People should be told when they're being dumb. How else will they learn?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ms555
[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

yeah i guess.....still mean tho haha
RickTophen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RickTophen
Member since 2011 • 487 Posts
Basically PS VITA= Better hardware 3DS=Better exclusives/marketing Just like the PC=Better hardware And the Consoles=Better exclusives/marketing
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

[QUOTE="ms555"]im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny thatSlimmin360

You need to stop going to wonderland with these ideas of yours and come back to real life :roll:

simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter

....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny thatms555

Exactly.

Now Vita sounds awesome, I wont deny that, but Sony seems to have no idea what the average handheld console player wants.

Sentinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sentinator
Member since 2011 • 244 Posts

Things to consider TC, if Vita had any chance at all of outselling 3DS it would have sold out day 1. Though I completely disagree with this ignorant idea, 3DS launched with no games. It launched at the same premium price point which a lot claimed was a rip off. And it launched in February when things don't sell anywhere near as good as they do at the holidays. Yet despite all that it still outsold Vita by 50,000 units. And lets not mention the gap that the second week had. lol at people saying sales would improve, whoever was desperate for one bought one on the first day.

The fact is Sony are offering expiriences people would rather play on their televisions. Not only that outside Little Big Planet and Modnation Racers there isn't anything to attract that kind of market. The best Sony can hope to achieve with this thing is converting their fanboys towards it. As for the bashing I think its much deserved and long overdue. Whenever Microsoft or Nintendo come out with anything its destined to fail. Wii U is the latest example of this. Look at Kinect and all the hate that got. Whenever something innovative comes along people like yourself call it "gimmicky" and mock it to death. Yet when Sony announced Vita tonnes of threads and articles appeared across the Internet saying how Vita was going to destroy 3DS. How the heck can people pull that "kids game" excuse yet again after Nintendo showed off mature stuff people play on Playstation?

Sorry but the amount of bias and praise thrown towards Sony on all these websites makes you think all these so-called "gamers" are Sony fanboys as well. When Nintendo have a price drop people talk like they held a gun to your head and screwed people over. Even these rumours of a redesign. When Valve called out Sony for PSN the Internet went ablaze and threw doody at them. When Sigma 2 was announced Sony fanboys gloated over beta testing. When Microsoft took a different approach to motion control Microsoft came under scrutiny. And they are now saying that 360 has no games. Sorry but that kind of ignorance is stupid. And compare that to the worst thing of all, Sony knowing the security flaws on PSN and getting defended for it. Saying its not as bad as people claim. Sorry, but with all the defense and praise Sony got these past few years I think its a well earned change. Its about time they felt the sting Nintendo and Microsoft got all these years.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Vita needs quality and original games to succeed, not console ports. See Nintendo DS for a lesson.

Also hardware power alone never sells a handheld console.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#35 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It'll need to recover a lot.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="meetroid8"][QUOTE="ms555"] your a big meanie, whats the point of saying that other than to hurt the poor guys feelings lolms555

yeah i guess.....still mean tho haha

I'm all about 'dat tough love. :)

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

:lol:

Cows have gone crazy

Way to make your faction look even worse

phonemug

They're in the "denial" phase right now. Anger will come next.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ms555

Vita needs quality and original games to succeed, not console ports. See Nintendo DS for a lesson.

nameless12345

i think its time we got pickier about the words we choose, because port is not the word to use here. OCarina of time 3d is a port. UMVC Vita is a port. Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLus is a port Uncharted Golden Abyss is not a port. LBP Vita is not a port (if u research it, its actually superior to the console version), Wipeout 2048 is not a port. However i can understand why people are inclined to see it that way, because people find them to be port-LIKE. Port like because people interpret them to be dumbed down versions of console games

Heres a new argument for you guys you didnt consider yet. I beat Uncharted 3 already. Uncharted 4 is certainly coming to PS4, i want more uncharted tho. When I do play and buy golden abyss, that argument of "why buy a dumbed down bla bla bla bla" doesnt apply to me. I already played all uncharted and here im trying to get more. So am i really ripping myself off here.

Not quite This is an important argument because nintendo and sony are given different logical assessments, meanwhile the proper way is to apply the same logic to all scenarios and see how things work out. The thing is, people are okay with super mario 3d land even if i could just as easily call it a dumbed Mario Galaxy. Mind you, im not saying i believe or dont believe that, but im pointing out that its just as easy to say. THATS A PROBLEM, that shows a hole in the logic because a sound logic is impenetrable. It shouldnt require me to tweak the logic depending on the system im judging. People overlook this problem though, because they think of mario 3d land in the way ive newly approached uncharted golden abyss. Most of the vita haters are nintendo fans that have already beaten mario games on wii. They want more where that came from, they love a new mario experience and the 3DS is doing that, its supplying more mario. If i wanted to, i could also say "why buy mario 3d land if i can get mario galaxy for my wii!". I would, however, be disregarding all those gamers who want more mario and already have and beat mario galaxy. So to them they arent cheating themselves, they are getting more of what they love. (just like the uncharted lovers are with vita)

Its important to realize that the logic used to defend 3DS and attack vita can often actually be applied vice versa when we stop being stubborn for a second, and what that means is the logic actually cancels itself out. The logic makes sense when we where horse blinders as we jump into these discussions, but seeing the big picture forces us to notice the hole in EVERYONE's logic. The way to cure that problem is to stop wearing the metaphorical horse blinders, but people wear them on purpose at times to ignore holes in logic theyd rather not call attention to. So nobody wins, because nobody is actually advancing these handheld discussions anywhere

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

ms555

i think its time we got pickier about the words we choose, because port is not the word to use here. OCarina of time 3d is a port. UMVC Vita is a port. Ninja Gaiden Sigma PLus is a port Uncharted Golden Abyss is not a port. LBP Vita is not a port (if u research it, its actually superior to the console version), Wipeout 2048 is not a port. However i can understand why people are inclined to see it that way, because people find them to be port-LIKE. Port like because people interpret them to be dumbed down versions of console games

Heres a new argument for you guys you didnt consider yet. I beat Uncharted 3 already. Uncharted 4 is certainly coming to PS4, i want more uncharted tho. When I do play and buy golden abyss, that argument of "why buy a dumbed down bla bla bla bla" doesnt apply to me. I already played all uncharted and here im trying to get more. So am i really ripping myself off here.

Not quite This is an important argument because nintendo and sony are given different logical assessments, meanwhile the proper way is to apply the same logic to all scenarios and see how things work out. The thing is, people are okay with super mario 3d land even if i could just as easily call it a dumbed Mario Galaxy. Mind you, im not saying i believe or dont believe that, but im pointing out that its just as easy to say. THATS A PROBLEM, that shows a hole in the logic because a sound logic is impenetrable. It shouldnt require me to tweak the logic depending on the system im judging. People overlook this problem though, because they think of mario 3d land in the way ive newly approached uncharted golden abyss. Most of the vita haters are nintendo fans that have already beaten mario games on wii. They want more where that came from, they love a new mario experience and the 3DS is doing that, its supplying more mario. If i wanted to, i could also say "why buy mario 3d land if i can get mario galaxy for my wii!". I would, however, be disregarding all those gamers who want more mario and already have and beat mario galaxy. So to them they arent cheating themselves, they are getting more of what they love. (just like the uncharted lovers are with vita)

Its important to realize that the logic used to defend 3DS and attack vita can often actually be applied vice versa when we stop being stubborn for a second, and what that means is the logic actually cancels itself out. The logic makes sense when we where horse blinders as we jump into these discussions, but seeing the big picture forces us to notice the hole in EVERYONE's logic. The way to cure that problem is to stop wearing the metaphorical horse blinders, but people wear them on purpose at times to ignore holes in logic theyd rather not call attention to. So nobody wins, because nobody is actually advancing these handheld discussions anywhere

I wasn't refering to Uncharted specifically and I realize Golden Abyss is a fully new game and not a port. However the Vita will imo need more games that you couldn't find on any other system as well as couldn't play as good (or even at all) on other systems. It has impressive power for a handheld and it has many features so the devs should use them well. It should feel like a new experience and not like something forced and/or gimmicky.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#40 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
[QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="ms555"]im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny that

So in order to teach 3DS fanboys a lesson, you make a topic about defending Vita using flawed logic. Brilliant.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ms555

I wasn't refering to Uncharted specifically and I realize Golden Abyss is a fully new game and not a port. However the Vita will imo need more games that you couldn't find on any other system as well as couldn't play as good (or even at all) on other systems. It has impressive power for a handheld and it has many features so the devs should use them well. It should feel like a new experience and not like something forced and/or gimmicky.

nameless12345

i hear ya, and i think the touch screen options on vita are a little gimmicky for example and forced to attract a certain demographic, mainly the iphone demographic, to a system that doesnt really need that demographic to succeed. I mention uncharted not specifically but as an example of all the vita games that are mistakened for ports but arent, and therefore i provided a defense for those games.

I see what your saying , about requiring an experience that feels new. As many have probably said in the past, the vita does have a heap of games you will never find on consoles. I made a list once of all the vita games so people could see them, but ill just give you some examples of what your looking for -----gravity rush, escape plan, a unique bioshock game, a brand new game designed by hideo kojima, little deviants, army corps of hell, motorstorm RC, and many more There is also assassins creed and call of duty coming but theres not enough detail on those games yet. All i know is the call of duty game is going to provide the first truly portable online fps experience, so they say.

But heres the point, there are plenty of games like that already there if you look for them. Its foolish for me to both say there is no issue with the vita games and theres a complete issue with ALL the vita games. SOme developers are approaching vita correctly and some arent....but the power of words is very magical. Becasue i can take this scenario and shape it however i want to fit my argument. Lets say i want to defend vita, i would say " yeah there are some lazy ports, but theres also plenty of unique games as well"......if i want to criticize vita, i just switch around the order of my words and say..." yeah the vita has some games that are okay, but its also filled with tons of lazy ports!".....

i can use the order of my words to emphasize one side of the scenario more than another, and the most logical thing to do is regard everything with the same emphasis. That means you both acknowledging the vita has plenty of unique games AND me recognizing not all developers are making vita games how they should. and THAT , my friend, is how to actually achieve a truce on system wars haha.

Badosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 Badosh
Member since 2011 • 12774 Posts
Don't care what VITA lovers say, 3DS will dominate.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
listen, system wars becomes a better place to post when more people understand how to make logical arguments. And thats something i want to promote haha, cant blame me for tryingms555
Well, with TC making a thread like this for annoy Vita haters I doubt System Wars will become a better place.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ms555
[QUOTE="ms555"]listen, system wars becomes a better place to post when more people understand how to make logical arguments. And thats something i want to promote haha, cant blame me for tryingMiroku32
Well, with TC making a thread like this for annoy Vita haters I doubt System Wars will become a better place.

yeah i know, thats why i was trying to give the TC advice on how to make better arguments. I hope he takes it, becuase from what he told me later it sounds like he has better intentions than his thread suggests.
Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Slimmin360

Bigboi500
If you seriously have nothing better to do than research and back track other SW members threads, then i would say you need to get a life. I don't sit around and think about what older threads people posted...who cares?, i make honest posts of what goes on in my own little world of gaming. Don't like them? then don't read or participate in them....simple as that.
Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Slimmin360
[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

ms555

He didn't hurt my feelings, i'm not going to give his response a second thought, accept maybe when i'm sitting on the bowl.
tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Good luck with that.Keith_Apicary

/thread

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

What are some of the things we can do with Nintendo's failed 3DS?

1- Get Migraine headaches

2- Being mislead into thinking we bought an evolved Nintendo portable from it's predecessor the DS

3- Forcing gullible Nintendo fans to shell out over $249 on 3DS release day, only to get a smack in the face a month later by a price drop to $169 due to sucky sales

4- Having no real games to play until 1st party games come out, and then having none to play once those start getting old

5- Realizing the genius of Sony having dual analog sticks, so now Nintendo fans have to buy a shoddy after market analog add on

Yeah, right....Vita already wins.

Slimmin360

1. What migraines are you talking about? I don't in any who had had any discomfort after playing 3ds

2.and 3ds has evolved from ds. The graphics are much sharper in 3ds then they are to ds. Ds was like n64 graphics. And 3ds is like wii graphics

3.i paid $250 and i didn't mind it. People who thought 250 was too much were going to wait for the price to drop anyway. People who spent 250 were not pissed because they knew the risk in buying a new system at launch.

4. SS4, DOA demensions. Zelda OOT and a few others were good enough games to keep a person occupied until the 1st party games came out.

5. did you sony didn't even add analog sticks until n64 came out. and a 2nd analog on a 3ds doesn't make sense. it might be a fun little add on but it is really unnecasry. games play just fine without the secondary analog stick.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Slimmin360
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"][QUOTE="ms555"]im a very firm ps vita lover and supporter ....but your wrong. To say dominate means you expect it to overcome 3DS, and i think its much more logical to say it wont. Mind you, that does not relfect the quality of either handheld. What it does reflect is what sells better to the majority of americans. Now the people on system wars.....hahahaha we are NOT the majority! The majority is soccer moms, their tween children, and their grandparents. The name NINTENDO, name MARIO, name POKEMON.....those sell on there own. Literally, ive been there at Toys R US, i hear parents come in all the time and just say "hey its my kids birthday, whats the latest mario game? Ill buy it"....with that mentality in america, vita wont sell over 3DS. Now call of duty and bioshock are going to give the handheld a great sales boost. But still......nothing sells like mario and pokemon. I thinks its foolish for anybody, even a sony fanboy, to deny that

So in order to teach 3DS fanboys a lesson, you make a topic about defending Vita using flawed logic. Brilliant.

Flawed Logic, ok how's this for a bit of factual logic..... For those of you that have a subscription to Game Informer Magazine, get out issue 224 December 2011 with the Spike Video Game Awards on cover. Turn to the page that says " Testing Vita's Vital's " among other praises about the Vita, you'll see a review on the game Uncharted Golden Abyss, where the reviewer says and i quote " if not for the occasional touch screen segments i would've forgot i was playing a portable " thats how flawless and detailed the Vita Uncharted game is.... Don't recall anyone ever getting a console experience on any Nintendo portable....do you?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ms555
[QUOTE="1PMrFister"][QUOTE="Slimmin360"] Honestly i'm inclined to agree with you, but i thought i would give the other fanboys a taste of their own medicine, since there so confident in the systems's failure i wanted to make an equally poignant and arrogant point on Vita's behalf....even if it does teeter on pure fanboyism.Slimmin360

Flawed Logic, ok how's this for a bit of factual logic..... For those of you that have a subscription to Game Informer Magazine, get out issue 224 December 2011 with the Spike Video Game Awards on cover. Turn to the page that says " Testing Vita's Vital's " among other praises about the Vita, you'll see a review on the game Uncharted Golden Abyss, where the reviewer says and i quote " if not for the occasional touch screen segments i would've forgot i was playing a portable " thats how flawless and detailed the Vita Uncharted game is.... Don't recall anyone ever getting a console experience on any Nintendo portable....do you?

once again i understand your intentions but be careful with your words. NEVER use the word FLAWLESS in your own defense. That right there is the vulnerable place in your argument you have made, sinc enow any reply can just be an attack on your word "flawless" or at least an attack on your too strong of a confidence in the opinions of Game Informer. Not saying you dont have a good point or good intentions, but like i said its all a part of becoming a better arguer