Done with Current Gen, Guys 30 & Under Won't Get it (link)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD_t54gMt_4

Gaming does not offer the do well or suffer the consequences like it used to, with rare various acceptions like Demon souls and Dark souls series and so on.

However going back as far as the 8 or 16 bit era systems like SNES and Genesis, or Atari 7800 all had games that challenged you by basically saying if you don't beat this boss, and you have no more continues, then your 11 hours of gameplay comes to an end and you must start over, and that is the moment that made the adrenaline start flowing because you knew you had to get that last hit and final blow to the boss or all that time invested was wasted, thats a real gaming experience i.m.o.

Today, with checkpoints, regenerating health and resuming where you left off, not to mention the hellish repetition of online gaming, kids today ages 10 to 28 just flatout don't get the challenge aspect that games used to have.

Only current system left that even remotely offers such various challenges is the 3DS because Nintendo rarely faulters from it's original formula with their first party games, plus the original retro titles they offer from previous Nintendo and Sega portables and consoles in their e-shop, otherwise you'd have to hook up an old Sega, Atari or Nintendo console to even be able to fathom what i'm talking about.

We're even starting to see a trend in most games where online multiplayer is the dominant concentration of dev's over single player gameplay, ala Plants vs Zombies G.W., Call of Duty, Titanfall, Halo, Gears, Warframe and the list goes on, soon it will get to the point where single player is removed completely and online multiplayer and it's maps will consume games, that and the high cost of hardware and software has caused me to bail out on this latest gen.

From now on i'll only be gaming on my 3DS and retro consoles, so at least i can enjoy games with some kind of challenge and consequences.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Cool story bro

Blog it

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 YearoftheSnake5  Online
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@lostrib said:

Cool story bro

Blog it

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

@lostrib said:

Cool story bro

Blog it

Yeah i would i just figured it would get more reads and maybe reach more oblivious kids here....So might point would be heard by more gamers in this forum, as opposed to the blog.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

What games on the 3DS have systems that make you start the entire game over when you run out of lives?

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Slimmin360 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD_t54gMt_4

We're even starting to see a trend in most games where online multiplayer is the dominant concentration of dev's over single player gameplay, ala Plants vs Zombies G.W., Call of Duty, Titanfall, Halo, Gears, Warframe and the list goes on, soon it will get to the point where single player is removed completely and online multiplayer and it's maps will consume games, that and the high cost of hardware and software has caused me to bail out on this latest gen.

From now on i'll only be gaming on my 3DS and retro consoles, so at least i can enjoy games with some kind of challenge and consequences.

Multiplayer focused games have ALWAYS been prominent gaming, retro consoles included. ur either young or just have no clue what ur talking about with all this.

Loading Video...

ur whole post just seems complete off base and wrong...to which you get a:

sorry bud...

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I'm sorry but this kind of post (not the topic) belongs in your blog.