Doesn't EA deserve a little bit more credit?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45097 Posts

Publisher of Battlefield, Titanfall, Dead Space, Need For Speed, Dragon Age, Crysis, The Sims, Plants vs Zombies, Fifa, etc. I mean, those are pretty good franchises, right?

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2  Edited By bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

PUBLISHER. They have a lot of money is all, they're not the ones making the games.

MaddenBowler10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By MaddenBowler10
Member since 2005 • 8999 Posts

The latest iterations of most of those franchises you list there have been incredibly disappointing. With exceptions of Titanfall, The Sims 3, and maybe the newest Need for Speed(I've heard it's pretty good).

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Publisher of Battlefield, Titanfall, Dead Space, Need For Speed, Dragon Age, Crysis, The Sims, Plants vs Zombies, Fifa, etc. I mean, those are pretty good franchises, right?

they publish dont make the games, all they do is rush the developers to finish the game with deadlines resulting in unfinished games. Fifa has been severely bugged on release for years now and updated with patches which ends up being to little to late.

Some even think the ending to Mass Effect 3 was the fault of EA rushing Bioware to release the game when the story had not been fully completed, not sure if this is true though.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

The only good series from that list imo is Dragon Age. Haven't played Titanfall yet though.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

They've been great this year with their policies actually.

Titanfall good DLC model, new modes are free.

PvZ GW FREE DLC pack, good size one too.

Stating new Star Wars games will follow Arkham path.

etc...

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Wasn't Battlefield 4 broken when it was release? I haven't played it yet due to hearing that so I wouldn't know. I have no plans to play Titanfall due to it being Microsoft exclusive and Dead Space is still on my 'to-play' list along with Dragon Age. I have only played a little bit of Need For Speed Rivals but that game is clearly too focused on multiplayer, you can't pause the single player, which is so stupid that word's can't describe it. Crysis was great and so was Sims 3 but it was let down my micro-transactions, still, at least there was enough content in the main game unlike other games with micro-transactions (cough, MGS4, cough). Never played Plants vs Zombies and I don't think I ever will and FIFA is clearly a cash grab for them.

To their credit, they are not as greedy as Hideo Kojima.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

They're really a disaster and black eye to gaming. Thank goodness for competition. If EA had their way, gaming would be in need of saving again.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

EA has the opposite of the Midas touch every game they touch turns to trash, so NO.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

PUBLISHER. They have a lot of money is all, they're not the ones making the games.

this.

But they also dictate how those games release and how much dlc/season pass and yearly release there will be.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

They publish. Rarely make the games and their online system is such crap. Other than Fifa i could care less about them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: they aren’t making the games.....

Visceral Studios made Dead Space but because Dead Space 3 didn’t make as much as EA execs wanted they discontinued all future DS projects even though Dead Space 3 made a lot more than it’s predecessors.

DICE makes Battlefield.....Poor DICE :(.

Feel sorry for them.

EA should be buried

They are trying to make up with TitanFall. It is their better game at the moment. No BS on there yet.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If EA is Publishing Titanfall then why is it still Microsoft Exclusive ? doesn't EA want everybody to be able to play the game ?

They also seemed to have written off the Wii U so..... F#ck'em !

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

Yeah. At EA, they don't make the games you love. They make the games you love a whole lot worse.

They have been showing some signs of improvement lately, though.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@bobbetybob said:

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

EA is one of those odd Publishers that around every 10 years or so goes 180 on just about anything.

EA has been hated, and loved like the pendulum swings, aslong as I can remember.

At thier best they made sure some of gamings greatest gems got a chance, and had a run at boing the most well loved Publisher. Then something happens, and they will be utter crap for a period of time, making decicions that seem so stupid that you would question the ideas would have come from same people.

So it is hard to say really. Personally I have a far greater distaste for activision then EA. Atleast EA seems to care a bit about the consumer base (and by a bit I mean the very basics here). Activision gives you the finger, horrible to get any help or support from, and makes the most soulless Things.

But then comparing those two is like comparing the two greatest evils in gaming it feels :\ Ubisoft can be up there as utter crap aswell.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

The last NFS game felt rushed, and half done. It was a very pretty game, but thats about it. The only good game they make atm is FIFA.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:

The last NFS game felt rushed, and half done. It was a very pretty game, but thats about it. The only good game they make atm is FIFA.

Lol, in your opinion..

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@Maddie_Larkin said:

EA is one of those odd Publishers that around every 10 years or so goes 180 on just about anything.

EA has been hated, and loved like the pendulum swings, aslong as I can remember.

At thier best they made sure some of gamings greatest gems got a chance, and had a run at boing the most well loved Publisher. Then something happens, and they will be utter crap for a period of time, making decicions that seem so stupid that you would question the ideas would have come from same people.

So it is hard to say really. Personally I have a far greater distaste for activision then EA. Atleast EA seems to care a bit about the consumer base (and by a bit I mean the very basics here). Activision gives you the finger, horrible to get any help or support from, and makes the most soulless Things.

But then comparing those two is like comparing the two greatest evils in gaming it feels :\ Ubisoft can be up there as utter crap aswell.

IF EA cared about the consumer base they wouldn't shun some consoles throughout history. That's BS. EA cares about their bottom line. NOT consumers.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

The only good series from that list imo is Dragon Age. Haven't played Titanfall yet though.

Plants VS Zombies is good. Very good.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

IF EA cared about the consumer base they wouldn't shun some consoles throughout history. That's BS. EA cares about their bottom line. NOT consumers.

Angry sega fan is still angry. Jk :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic

@MFDOOM1983 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

Angry sega fan is still angry. Jk :)

Hey man I love my DC.:(

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58913 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Currently ruined

Battlefield

Dead Space

DragoN Age

Crysis

The Sims

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#24  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I don't like, or dislike them. A corporation that does business, is all.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58913 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

Valve does business. It does so without shitting on everything. Moot argument.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@cainetao11 said:

Valve does business. It does so without shitting on everything. Moot argument.

Had no idea we were having one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

But they do, don't they? Allows for refunds on the PC, atleast gives a semblence of support to fix problems with the games on console, and not just giving a "tough luck" statement like the other two horrors I wrote about have done.

All Companies care about the bottomline, nothing is diffrent in that aspect. But EA does have times where they correct mistakes, I have never seen Activision even try to do that, and It took Ubisoft the near loss of two market demographics before they decided that maybe having an universal care apart from the lead platform "might have been a good idea"

I will tell you what EA allows that activision does not: a refund. No way to refute that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@Maddie_Larkin said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Maddie_Larkin said:

But they do, don't they? Allows for refunds on the PC, atleast gives a semblence of support to fix problems with the games on console, and not just giving a "tough luck" statement like the other two horrors I wrote about have done.

All Companies care about the bottomline, nothing is diffrent in that aspect. But EA does have times where they correct mistakes, I have never seen Activision even try to do that, and It took Ubisoft the near loss of two market demographics before they decided that maybe having an universal care apart from the lead platform "might have been a good idea"

I will tell you what EA allows that activision does not: a refund. No way to refute that.

This thread is not about Activision. So who the **** cares what Activision does? EA milks the Madden franchise year after year and people buy it. EA turns their back on consoles they don't like for whatever reason. And early in a consoles life....there is no history to fall back on.

OF course the bottom line is important to companies...but that doesn't mean they do what EA does.