Does Xbox One really have better games?

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

It has more games I want right now. Thats why Im getting the xbone before the PS4. Ill wait for a price drop and a few years to let sony build their exclusive library before I even consider getting one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

Xbox One has nothing going for it besides multiplats and Halo and Forza Horizon 2, the controller on the One fucking blows and is the cheapest next gen controller, it feels light as shit and hollow and even the 360 controller felt more solid and sturdy,

All multiplats run better on PS4 basically too

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Its pretty much all opinion. Also MC scores always sway to PS because there are quite a few PS only sites that review their games way higher then most reviewers do. Take drive club, its highest review is a 95 from playstation universe. take away that and the other PS sites and its under a 70. Its all just numbers anyway, everyone has different taste in games. Some people will find the XB library better, some with find the PS library better. there is no fact involved hence not really worth all the arguments you see on here over it.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@Crypt_mx: Bingo! Post of the thread.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

XBone is a classic example of how much fanboys will put lipstick on a pig. Just like people used to do when the PS3 launched.

This thread has been up for 4 hours at this point and still not cleared a page. Why? Because outside of a hand full of really vocal activist posters, the truth is that PS4 does have the better library and that distance isn't closing just because another first party racing title happened to score decently.

Lemmings are in a perception vortex of their own creation.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I prefer Xbone exclusives, so that's what I have.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Well, remember Uncharted 1?

Devs need to learn how to program for the console, even though the architecture is "easier" to program for now. First games of next-gen consoles are most of the time mediocre.

UC1 might have been clunkier than UC2, but the game was actually good. So was Motorstorm imo.

And overall, the PS3's first year exclusives were much better. Going by Metacritic, Heavenly Sword (80)is the weakest (i actually liked it abit) of the PS3, and the PS4's strongest AAA is inFamous SS (80), which, despite the new hardware, is still an inFamous game, but weaker than it's predecessors.

Obviously, not all games are 1st party, but it shows an issue so far. I hope it gets better.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#58  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Not really much difference as of now. PS4 has a drought going through the holiday, but it looks like it reverses early 2015. Net-net they are about the same, but the Xbox One has a clear edge between now and the all-important holidays.

Actually, it's pretty striking how few good games are on the horizon period - let alone just looking at the exclusives. Even the lineup of multiplats seems weaker than ever. Or is that just me? Most interesting games to me seem to be in 2015 - such as the open world Mad Max game and Bloodborne.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Sagemode87 said:

@StormyJoe: Nice goalpost moving. Lems went from "haha Xbox 720 will crush PS4" to "well it's getting 3rd party support" lol pathetic.

Really, isn't 3rd party support the point of arguing sales?

Regardless, this gen has just begun - claiming victory is quite premature.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Yep, MCC. Kills anything the PS4 has by a ton.

lol no..

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

This is not Metacritic, this is GS. List the GS scores. And, look at the quality of those games. Really, be honest, wouldn't you rather play Forza Horizon than Drive Club, or TitanFall over MLB 14? C'mon, now...

And, what difference does it make if the PS4 sells more? The XBox One is selling well enough to get full 3rd party support.

lol hahaha holding to gamespot which also count toward meta..hahaha

Gamespot is basically irrelevant Meta and gamerankings is where people go,because they know 100 reviews >>>>>>>>>>> 1.I would rather play TLOU,and i hope you don't bring the is on PS3 excuse because so is FH2 and Titanfall.

FF.? Infamous.?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Define "best"

I purchased a PS4 before, not because PS4 has "better games " than X1, it´s just because PS4 has games that are more interesting for me right now than X1, Ryse doesn´t call my attention, Deadrising doesn´t call my attention either, not even The Master Chief Collection calls my attention ( and Halo is one of my favorite games ) right now I´ll wait for Halo 5 and a possible GOW, plus some other X1 exclusives before purchasing the console.

There´s good stuff on each end of the spectrum.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Just wait for bloodborne.

They weren't kidding when they said greatness awaits. If this gen is going to be anything like the last, it'll boil down to owning a PS4/WiiU and of course PC for me. With the majority of worthwhile Xbox exclusives finding their way to the PC within 6 months to a year.

I wouldn't worry, the gens really just getting started.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

Like I said, cow circle jerk.

Which system has the better games is entirely subjective. There really is no point in a thread like this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 tormentos

@kingtito said:

Which system has the better games is entirely subjective. There really is no point in a thread like this.

Actually it is but if we go by SCORES which is what the console market has been going on since before the internet the PS4 has higher rated games.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

This is not Metacritic, this is GS. List the GS scores. And, look at the quality of those games. Really, be honest, wouldn't you rather play Forza Horizon than Drive Club, or TitanFall over MLB 14? C'mon, now...

And, what difference does it make if the PS4 sells more? The XBox One is selling well enough to get full 3rd party support.

lol hahaha holding to gamespot which also count toward meta..hahaha

Gamespot is basically irrelevant Meta and gamerankings is where people go,because they know 100 reviews >>>>>>>>>>> 1.I would rather play TLOU,and i hope you don't bring the is on PS3 excuse because so is FH2 and Titanfall.

FF.? Infamous.?

If you want to debate metacritic scores, go to the metacritic forums.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

It has better racing games

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Actually it is but if we go by SCORES which is what the console market has been going on since before the internet the PS4 has higher rated games.

But that isn't what was asked. The question was asked whether or not the XOne has better games. He's obviously not going off of scores.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

Gotta be honest. I've got both consoles and neither have enough games period. I'm in game limbo right now with nothing new to start so they go unused for months at a time. Neither has an impressive library yet.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#70  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

yes 100 percent about it, unless you like single player dark coloured games or indies.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@hehe101 said:

yes 100 percent about it, unless you like single player dark coloured games or indies.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#72 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

if were talking about games this is how i put it

Wii U>>>PS4>>>X1

PS4>>>Wii U>>>X1

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#73 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Blabadon said:

lol no..

Bitch

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:

If you want to debate metacritic scores, go to the metacritic forums.

Really because you don't agree with their rules of what is a multiplatform,for you if a game is not on PS4 but is on PC,xbox 360 and xbox one it is an advantage for the xbox,here by gamespot rules that is consider a multiplatforms and yeah it is irrelevant...

Ill await your spinning and double standard...hahaha If you don't agree with gamespot view of what a multiplatform is go argue else where..lol

@Blabadon said:

@tormentos said:

@Blabadon said:

lol no..

Bitch

hahaha....

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Sagemode87 said:
Both consoles have about the same amount of quality games. It all comes down to which lineup interests you the most.

So,the point of your thread is...?

Seriously.

Also, Bayonetta 2>all of that.

Bayonetta 2 is only on Wii U which is a major mistake by it's devs.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
@clr84651 said:

The developers had nothing to do with that. Nintendo decided to fund a sequel. The developers agreed. We wouldn't have that game if it weren't for Nintendo.

Nintendo takes the hit. Platinum got paid for their work.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Sagemode87 said:
Both consoles have about the same amount of quality games. It all comes down to which lineup interests you the most.

Seriously.

Yeah, instead of canning the game.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

Xbox one has better retail games that you cant play on your ps4 period

Ryse welcome to next gen tech and visuals( best looking game so far)

forza5 and horizon better than DC in every aspect community bigger and better content bigger and better

DR3 beats Knack bigger game better game more stuff going on

Titanfall Destroys Killzone bigger and better community

SO will destroy ISS bigger world more stuff going on and ONLINE CO-op

MCC destroys everything in its path esp TLOU more content, online top notch, more replay value

It dont matter if you can play these games somewhere else you cant put this game on your ps4

opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

While both systems are struggling in the game department, you would be hard pressed to argue in favor of the PS4 with its only noticeable game outside of last gen ports and indie games being infamous.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By clr84651

@freedomfreak said:

@clr84651 said:

The developers had nothing to do with that. Nintendo decided to fund a sequel. The developers agreed. We wouldn't have that game if it weren't for Nintendo.

Would be more profitable to be on all consoles. It doesn't make sense to me when a game is on a console and the sequel isn't. Strange situation.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 clr84651

@MonsieurX said:

@clr84651 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@MonsieurX said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Seriously.

Yeah, instead of canning the game.

No, just would be more profitable and make more sense to be on the consoles that the first one was on. Odd situation.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@clr84651 said:

@freedomfreak said:

@clr84651 said:

Would be more profitable to be on all consoles.

Noooo....it wouldn't exist if Nintendo didn't pay for it

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@tormentos said:

@kingtito said:

Actually, kingtito is right, and you are wrong, tormentos. I'll take Titanfall over any PS4 exclusive any day of the week, and when MCC comes out, it will blow any PS4 exclusive right out of the water. Bloodborne, really? The Order, HAH!!!!! Drive Club, LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

All the fanboy insults aside, the only real reason to take a PS4 over Xbox One is the JRPGs and the spinoffs of such games, like the Dragon Quest meets Dynasty Warriors game, can't remember the name right off. Also, Persona 5, Disgaea 5 too. Those types of games are the real reason to own a PS4. No one ever talks about the JRPGs anymore that were so important during the PS and PS2 era. Those systems were home of the best RPGs ever, along with my personal favorite, FF VII, which I'm currently playing on my PSP. This is the area where MS is so epic fail with is the JRPGs. I might add also that IMHO PS4 has the best version of Dynasty Warriors 8. Not an RPG, but it is from a Japanese company, and if there were a good reason for me to get a PS4 over an Xbox One, it'd be the 3rd party JRPGs. Maybe it would be more accurate to say the Japanese 3rd party support is a good reason to get the PS4 over Xbox One. That's the way it used to be before the likes of Halo came out.

You know what, the more I think about why I used to love PS over Xbox hence my username, the more I feel that I should get a PS4 rather than an Xbox One. As much as I love Halo, I love those Japanese created games to death as well. Despite the fact that PSN seems to have so many issues, and Drive Club can't seem to get it together, I may decide to give PS4 a chance, especially considering I'm salivating over games I never hear anybody in system wars talk about, but are coming to the PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 tormentos

@Tighaman said:

Xbox one has better retail games that you cant play on your ps4 period

Ryse welcome to next gen tech and visuals( best looking game so far)

forza5 and horizon better than DC in every aspect community bigger and better content bigger and better

DR3 beats Knack bigger game better game more stuff going on

Titanfall Destroys Killzone bigger and better community

SO will destroy ISS bigger world more stuff going on and ONLINE CO-op

MCC destroys everything in its path esp TLOU more content, online top notch, more replay value

It dont matter if you can play these games somewhere else you cant put this game on your ps4

Name 1 higher rated than TLOU on PS4 that is retail.

Ryse you mean the game which got 4 here and sucks even more than driveclub.?

DC better than Ryse in every aspect as well,and doesn't drops into the teens frame wise.

MLB beat DR3.

FF = Titanfall.

Really so where is there magic ball that let you see Halo recycleton scores.?

When it get higher than 95% talk other wise you are assuming.

SO isn't out there score is unknown is about who has better games who will have better games,..

Then there is the barrage indies which are games and are not on xbox one,a game is a game period,is funny how you always try to play things only the way to see it,so indies don't count because it doesn't serve your biased ass purpose..hahaha

Yeah should i bring Bloodborn and The Order since you are using unreleased games..lol

@psx_warrior said:

Actually, kingtito is right, and you are wrong, tormentos. I'll take Titanfall over any PS4 exclusive any day of the week, and when MCC comes out, it will blow any PS4 exclusive right out of the water. Bloodborne, really? The Order, HAH!!!!! Drive Club, LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!

All the fanboy insults aside, the only real reason to take a PS4 over Xbox One is the JRPGs and the spinoffs of such games, like the Dragon Quest meets Dynasty Warriors game, can't remember the name right off. Also, Persona 5, Disgaea 5 too. Those types of games are the real reason to own a PS4. No one ever talks about the JRPGs anymore that were so important during the PS and PS2 era. Those systems were home of the best RPGs ever, along with my personal favorite, FF VII, which I'm currently playing on my PSP. This is the area where MS is so epic fail with is the JRPGs. I might add also that IMHO PS4 has the best version of Dynasty Warriors 8. Not an RPG, but it is from a Japanese company, and if there were a good reason for me to get a PS4 over an Xbox One, it'd be the 3rd party JRPGs. Maybe it would be more accurate to say the Japanese 3rd party support is a good reason to get the PS4 over Xbox One. That's the way it used to be before the likes of Halo came out.

You know what, the more I think about why I used to love PS over Xbox hence my username, the more I feel that I should get a PS4 rather than an Xbox One. As much as I love Halo, I love those Japanese created games to death as well. Despite the fact that PSN seems to have so many issues, and Drive Club can't seem to get it together, I may decide to give PS4 a chance, especially considering I'm salivating over games I never hear anybody in system wars talk about, but are coming to the PS4.

Well there is a Final Fantasy game on PS4 not on xbox one.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts
@clr84651 said:

Would be more profitable to be on all consoles. It doesn't make sense to me when a game is on a console and the sequel isn't. Strange situation.

Nobody's denying that it would be. Point is, the game wouldn't even have a sequel at all if Nintendo hadn't stepped in. Nobody else was interested.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@tormentos: That is not FF to me.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5873 Posts

@tormentos: TLOU is multiplat so doesn't count by your rules.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#88 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

As an owner of both, I'd say that the ps4 has the better lineup up to this point. People tend to discount the indies. Plus up to the this point, multiplats are better on the ps4 too.

Just to throw it out there, wii u has a better exclusive lineup than both imo.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

yet you count titanfall, forza horizon, dead rising 3, ryse and many others in almost every threads, lems hypocrisy is strong.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@iambatman7986 said:

As an owner of both, I'd say that the ps4 has the better lineup up to this point. People tend to discount the indies. Plus up to the this point, multiplats are better on the ps4 too.

Just to throw it out there, wii u has a better exclusive lineup than both imo.

People tend to discount indies because they don't matter to them and multi-plats were better on the 360 so what's you're point again? Btw, who has a better lineup of games is subjective really.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tdkmillsy

@Krelian-co said:

@tdkmillsy said:

yet you count titanfall, forza horizon, dead rising 3, ryse and many others in almost every threads, lems hypocrisy is strong.

For me games not available on the direct competitor consoles should be counted. But it only seems to count when @tormentos wants to big up the PS4.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tdkmillsy said:

For me games not available on the direct competitor consoles should be counted. But it only seems to count when @tormentos wants to big up the PS4.

anything on more than 1 system is not exclusive period. You can't stop counting them when it suits you and then telling tormentos not to.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@sts106mat said:

yes, but they dont count here because some of them are available on 360 haha.

Master Chief collection will make anything releasing on PS4 this holiday irrelevant

Nah. Not into rerun season.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Short answer, yes, long answer, Yesssssss. :P

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 tdkmillsy

@Krelian-co said:

@tdkmillsy said:

@Krelian-co said:

@tdkmillsy said:

anything on more than 1 system is not exclusive period. You can't stop counting them when it suits you and then telling tormentos not to.

I don't agree with it but it is the apparent rules for this forum, hence me telling Tormentos not to do it.

I didn't count those other games??

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

I would say the Xbox One has a larger variety of games worth playing (not to mention a more useful operating system). In my case, MLB: The Show is the only game worth owning on the PS4 (sans Diablo 3 which is also on the Xbox One), and fortunately I have a PS3 for that; Bloodborne may be the first game to change my mind (Demon's Souls was my favorite game last gen).

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sts106mat said:

yes, but they dont count here because some of them are available on 360 haha.

Master Chief collection will make anything releasing on PS4 this holiday irrelevant

Nah. Not into rerun season.

but still enjoying music from 20+ years ago lol

Music isn't quite the same as replaying a game. Stupid analogy. Nonetheless....a listen to a lot of music from a lot of eras. But still......bad analogy.