Does Xbone have any plans to get back into the Indie game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Last generation xbox 360 was the dominant console platform for the majority of the gen

it had all the indies first or exclusivesly

this gen its like a opposite day ps4 is getting all t he indies and xb1 getting like none of the good ones

i dunno whats going on ppl betrayed microsoft or something and like i just don't know whats going on

can microsoft buy the indies backan the triple aaa support?

i see EA games are now on ps4 last gen some were exclusive to 360 mass effect etc why are they not microsoft has deep pockets my system needs to be exclusives all day every day with indies exclusive too

ps4 should get nothing just like the ps3 how do we solve this problem?

Rogue legacy shoulda been exclusive to xbone same with shovel knight MICROSOFT needs to scout out the big games and form deals

street fighter 5 that coulda been xb1 exclusive same with destiny

MICROSOFT start scouting scout team and make exclusives of the good games stop lettin everything go to ps4 imo

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

How many accounts do you have?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ProtossX

@freedomfreak said:

How many accounts do you have?

uh dude that other guy isn't me hes some other guy that must like protoss or something thats not me dude im the one on only person on here

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Microsoft seems to be falling back on multiplat indies to get them through most of 2015.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@kratosyoloswag:

I doubt they are really concerned. How profitable are indies to microsoft and sony? I'm assuming not much.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

I think it's apparent that while Microsoft may have changed some policies as an olive branch to indie devs, namely the patch/update fee, the damage has been done from one generation to the next.

I think they'll return in the long run... It would make too much sense for indie devs to reach as many people as possible... But they have to feel the juice is worth the squeeze...

Say what you want about AAA's at the moment, add the metagame no one follows along with it, but the very best games on the ps4 that also provide significant parody from the xone are the excellent stable of indies it has...

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ProtossX

Indies are AMAZING games like

games like Rogue legacy at like 20 dollar price tag soar way beyond most Triple AAA games these days like the order

playing rogue legacy im in the game its all the best of SNES gameplay with tons replay at 40 dollar cheaper price then the order is

IM IN IM SOLD like u know waht i mean? better gameplay way cheaper price solid replay can go back na replay it any day

INDIES are good ppl need to realize that as a PC gamer indies are fantastic adventures they take all the best from past games and implement etc etc

PS4 is embracing them an tryin to get console ppl into them i respect that

PC Gamers are more like IMPRESS Me impress me

we need good impression good gameplay etc at fair price and indies do that were not graphic whores like console ppl

theres no reason to hate indies literally none shovel knight etc its like old school duck tales man wowsa great game man

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22544 Posts

@ProtossX: rogue legacy is one of the best games I've played over the past several years. It is pure mainline, straight to the vein hypodermic needle injected gameplay crack...

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Microsoft just have announced an indie game today. I have to check on the name but it looks pretty cool.

ScreamRide, Below, Space Engineer all off the top of my head are coming. Quality indies that is.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
@ProtossX said:

uh dude that other guy isn't me hes some other guy that must like protoss or something thats not me dude im the one on only person on here

I believe you.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

M$ answer to everything is.......... HaloGearsForza

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

M$ answer to everything is.......... HaloGearsForza

Sony: Greatness Awaits.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4861 Posts

Microsoft will have far more indie games in a year or so with their unified development between windows Xbone and mobile.

12Danny123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By 12Danny123
Member since 2014 • 110 Posts

@lhughey said:

Microsoft will have far more indie games in a year or so with their unified development between windows Xbone and mobile.

This I agree. I can see using their Windows monopoly to extend it to XB1

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

If M$ drop the 360-era-outdated-now parity clause, they will be back in the "indie game".

PS4 has over 50+ indie games and counting that could have been on Xbone.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

Why does it fucking matter? The PS4 is the only reason why there's so much emphases on indies if Sony wasn't so broke would we care so much for them? Honestly?

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

Man, **** indie games. These consoles have yet to establish a quality library of retail exclusives. I don't buy a gaming machine for indies, they're just a nice extra.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I agree the 360 dominated last gen and when including their what seems to be infinite release of Indie games, not even something like ListWars or Wiki could accurately count all the games the 360 really have. By now they probably had over 3300 Indie titles released, destroying the Indie library of the PS4 and PS3 combined. Till this day there are still new Indie games coming out for the 360 through XBLIG (Xbox Live Indie Games) formerly known as XBLCG (Xbox Live Community Games). The 360 have a community working on Indie titles and since this gen just started that community is slowly starting their way to the Xbox One. But I think Microsoft is doing a quality check this time, raising the quality of Indie titles that goes on the Xbox One. Remember Indies didn't come to the 360 until like a couple years after launch, so I'm guessing the same is happening for the Xbox One.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Ask and you shall receive! Xbox just released videos to like 30+ games you were looking for on their YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/user/xbox/videos

And it looks like they're really trying to focus on quality.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts
Loading Video...

Its looking like Xbox is starting to get some quality indie titles. This game looks really promising.