Does the Wii U have a wide appeal?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Do you have kids?

It's the perfect present for your kids and fun for the whole family.

Are you a tech enthusiast?

It's a hot new device with a cool-looking screened controller.

Are you a gamer?

It's a new console, thus automatically more interesting than the outdated console systems currently on the market, has many good games (with more "heavy-hitters" to come), new ways to play games, costs about the same as the old systems, ect.

Really, the only reason to ignore the system would be if it simply doesn't have anything to please you or if you don't have the/don't want to spend money on a new system (altho given that the upcomming systems will all likely cost more and that it doesn't cost significantly more than the current systems this may also be questionable for some).

I have a hard time seeing how this system will "flop", especially given the relatively low price and much better support than the Wii got (besides the usual highly popular Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Wii Fit, ect.).

Infact it may quite possibly be the best-selling system once again (and please most gamers too, given the above reasons).

#2 Posted by ShadowNemisis21 (144 posts) -
Actually I dont think it will be the best selling console.Why you ask?Simply because the wii U isnt as accesible as the Wii was.The wii gave parents the impression that video games can be good for bonding aswell as excersise.Do I see this happening to the wii U?I dont.Also I havent seen any Wii U advert so far.
#3 Posted by goblaa (19304 posts) -

it has mario...

#4 Posted by charizard1605 (61537 posts) -

it has mario...

goblaa
#5 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (3001 posts) -

Are you a tech enthusiast? Enjoy the 1 game that makes good use of it at the end of the gen, oh and Nintendoland

Are you a gamer? Enjoy the 2-3 Nintendo games a yearnameless12345

It will sell great, but looks like Wii all over again... so not really excited.

#6 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2603 posts) -

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Are you a tech enthusiast? Enjoy the 1 game that makes good use of it at the end of the gen, oh and Nintendoland

Are you a gamer? Enjoy the 2-3 Nintendo games a yearAPiranhaAteMyVa

It will sell great, but looks like Wii all over again... so not really excited.

Agreed. I will get one eventually for the Nintendo games but that's it. The past few gens have clearly shown me that a Nintendo console can no longer be my primary console.

#7 Posted by Giancar (19069 posts) -
Do you see a sticky? Cuz I do.
#8 Posted by yellonet (7768 posts) -

Do you have kids?

It's the perfect present for your kids and fun for the whole family.nameless12345

I do and I agree. I look forward to playing Nintendo Land among other games with my family :)

It's a hot new device with a cool-looking screened controller.nameless12345

I like technology, but I'm not going to get new "cool" stuff just because. I must have a need for it.
No problem with the Wii U though - I need it :D

Are you a gamer?

It's a new console, thus automatically more interesting than the outdated console systems currently on the market, has many good games (with more "heavy-hitters" to come), new ways to play games, costs about the same as the old systems, ect.nameless12345

I'd say I am. Yep, I'm really interested to see what Nintendo can do with the new console, I'm pretty sure we're going to get some really spectacular games down the road :cool:

#9 Posted by clyde46 (47549 posts) -

Do you have kids?

No

Can I upgrade it? Can I install a 3rd party OS on it? Can I hack it?

Are you a gamer?

Its got limited games

Really, the only reason to ignore the system would be if it simply doesn't have anything to please you or if you don't have the/don't want to spend money on a new system (altho given that the upcomming systems will all likely cost more and that it doesn't cost significantly more than the current systems this may also be questionable for some).

I have a hard time seeing how this system will "flop", especially given the relatively low price and much better support than the Wii got (besides the usual highly popular Nintendo franchises like Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros., Wii Fit, ect.).

Infact it may quite possibly be the best-selling system once again (and please most gamers too, given the above reasons).

nameless12345

#10 Posted by glez13 (9022 posts) -

I don't know why I still click nameless threads. -_-

#11 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

The Wii U is targeting Wii owners who didnt get a 360 or PS3, they probably only have to get 1/3rd of Wii owners to buy it to make it a big success for them.

#12 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
the 50+ will have no idea how to use the tablet