Does the PS4 deserve to be in 1st place when it's exclusive lineup is...Rather unsatisfying?

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

Poll Does the PS4 deserve to be in 1st place when it's exclusive lineup is...Rather unsatisfying? (166 votes)

Yes. It deserves to be in 1st place with it's amazing exclusives. 31%
No. The Xbox One or Wii U should be in 1st place. 38%
Other. 31%

So the PS4 has sold over 20 million units. In a little over a year? Congrats to Sony. That's amazing...Too bad it doesn't have any/enough "must have" games to show for it. (IMO)

Which brings me to my question, does the PS4 TRULY deserve those numbers when it's CURRENT exclusive lineup is...Uh...Meh? I mean...Let's be real here. To all the PS4 owners out there, have you played/bought THAT game yet? You know...THAT game. That game that reminds you why you bought the console in the first place.

The games on the PS4 are...Good. Sure. But I just can't help but ask myself...Why? Why did I spend over $400 on this console? To play Battlefield at 900P? To play remasters? Bloodborne looks awesome. But IMO, it doesn't justify the console purchase. Has anyone seen a game that does?...To them?

Admit it. Most of you gave in to the hype and bought a PS4 for Watch_Dogs, Destiny, The Order: 1886, etc.

Now, the PS4 will most likely be getting some amazing games in the future, I'm sure....Or will it? This is, of course, a different gaming industry than it was back in the day. With the way the majority of major 3rd party games have been looking these days, we can't just assume that the PS4's lineup will be as amazing as the PS1, PS2, and PS3's. I know it's only been a year in. But with way things have been looking, what else is left?

Nonetheless, I'm looking Forward to Bloodborne, Persona 5, Street Fighter, Rime, Tearaway, etc. But none of those games remind me why I bought a $400 console.

• 
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

According to current line up,nope.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

Now that I think about it...The Xbox One's exclusives are not any better. The Wii U's exclusives obliterate the other two....But it's lack of 3rd party support keeps it from constantly outselling the other consoles.

All 3 are messed up!...WTF?

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PikachuDude860

@MonsieurX said:

Yep. Agreed.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

So what are you arguing? That it doesn't deserve its sales for not having any exclusives?

What the ****?

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

It's the best overall console out of the 3 at the moment. An argument could be made for the Wii U but we all know that console isn't taken seriously here. Also I don't think the Xbox One can render enough pixels to qualify as a contender.

So that leaves the PS4. The current Gen 8 leader!

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Really none of the consoles deserve to be in first place if you are going to judge based on exclusives alone.

This quote pretty much sums it all up though:

"We are so happy," Yoshida said. "But I for one am a bit nervous because we do not completely understand what's happening. You need to understand why your products are selling well so you can plan for the future, right? It defied the conventional thinking."

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PikachuDude860

@princeofshapeir said:

So what are you arguing? That it doesn't deserve its sales for not having any exclusives?

What the ****?

No. It has games, so it deserves to sell very well.

I just can't help but feel underwhelmed with it's exclusive lineup. If one wants multiplats, they could get them on Xbox One, or PC. Some are even still on PS3 and 360. Why is the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One so big?

Then again, what exclusives do the Xbone have right now? *Sigh* It sucks on both sides.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

I have often had this conversation in regards to sports and sales of games or consoles. I don't believe in "deserve" in this regard. My friend is a Seahawks fan and feels they deserved to win the Superbowl. As if some omnipotent power grants these things out to those worthy. No. Seattle lost. And the PS4 is selling like gang busters because human beings are paying money for it. Deserve has nothing to do with it.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PikachuDude860

@GoldenElementXL said:

It's the best overall console out of the 3 at the moment. An argument could be made for the Wii U but we all know that console isn't taken seriously here. Also I don't think the Xbox One can render enough pixels to qualify as a contender.

So that leaves the PS4. The current Gen 8 leader!

Makes sense. If a person had to choose only one, I'm sure they'd choose the PS4. I guess we could look at it like that...

Avatar image for popeanonymousxv
PopeAnonymousXV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PopeAnonymousXV
Member since 2014 • 168 Posts

Game quality stopped being a factor in how a console sells as of the Wii. Which is funny as the Wii's successor now has the best quality games and doesn't have the sales it deserves. Dat karma.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

Not a very good question.

If the other consoles were better they would be giving the PS4 a challenge.

Thats like asking if the winner of an olympic metal "really deserves" the metal.

He won....theres no deserve about it. People like the PS4....theres no deserve about it.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I really don't understand why it's so hard for people to grasp the concept. If gaming was this knee-jerk, fire from the hip kind of thing where one or two games come out and people buy the systems, then I could sort-of understand why there's at least 50,000 threads like this one since the PS4 launched.

However, we all know the reality of the situation. For the crazy affluent gamer, PC is the way to go with a second and maybe quite possibly a third console as after-thoughts. The central mass of console gamers that the console gaming industry revolves around are not this type of gamer. They buy a console, possibly a second console and that is it. For that gamer, PS4 represents the most clear path forward.

To put it another way. The PS4 isn't selling on the games it has now. Neither is the Xbox and the WiiU just isn't really selling outside of Japan. We know these are the facts, but hey, why not add another thread to the dog-piling of the PS4. It's like totally new and stuff. Never seen it before. One thing is very very clear here. People absolutely must buy consoles on a moment's notice and they definitely wait for website scores before jumping on board. No one ever buys a console because they know it will have the games that they want at some time down the line. I mean, it's not like consoles sell big around holiday times as gift items or people wait for shit like tax returns to get one.

No no, my System Warriors. Consoles are purchased as flippantly as McDonald's cheeseburgers and candy bars. The sales trends completely back up this statement...

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Frankly, we all knew that just great exclusives alone don't push a system back with the N64. People want a good variety of both cross-plat games as well as exclusives. FFS, Call of Duty is the top selling franchise of games ever or some shit. Wasn't it a foregone conclusion that people would jump on the system that clearly played it best?

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

Xbox One exclusive lineup is pitiful as well.

I would say the hardware itself deserves to be in first place, of the three contenders. The Wii U is woefully underpowered for a modern console and the Xbox One is a gigantic box which somehow contains a worse GPU than the PS4. The PS4 is the only one of the three to eliminate the external power brick, something all 3 consoles should be doing. Both technically and aesthetically, the PS4 is clearly the winner this gen in terms of console hardware design.

Whether that, by itself, warrants getting a PS4 in place of say, a graphics card upgrade for your PC - I would say no. The Wii U is the only console so far that has proven itself in the realm of exclusives. That said, many people will want to play games like Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and Persona 5 the day they come out, and if that's the case, you might as well get a PS4 sooner rather than later.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Yes even when the exclusives are meh.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PikachuDude860

@Shewgenja: Hmm...

Then I guess the overall sales of a console depends on who comes out swinging the hardest. The PS4 had a great launch, overhyped games like Watch_Dogs and Destiny, and a TON of marketing. for the millions of parents and families out there, I guess that was enough for them.

The Industry never ceases to amaze me.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#18 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20  Edited By NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Not at all, it's not a horrible system, it's just being handled by a hardware company who is mismanaging software direction and importance. Sony had a leg up in the beginning, their hardware is stronger because it's what they do best, however that can only get you so far. In terms of software, games, updates, features and functionality they are being unquestionably outdone by Microsoft, that is Sony's Achilles heel. Software is what wins a console generation and the players, not the power of the hardware, if Microsoft keeps heading in the direction they are they will be unstoppable.

All Sony has is their slight hardware advantage, that's it, is that really what's important? Absolutely not...

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

Weak minded people tend to give into the PS4 craze. There is absolutely nothing worth while to play that warrants a $399 price tag. A year from now? Who knows, but right now, investing into any console is almost shameful and I feel bad lol.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

I have no idea if its possible, but one thing would pretty much make the Wii U the console to own if you only can have one console.

Nintendo needs to talk to Nvidia and get GRiD streaming available on the Wii U. Not the perfect thing, but it would give you the vast majority of 3rd party games in 1080p/60 along with the best first party exclusives this generation.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

This is how i explain it. (my opinion)

PS4 - Better version of mp, always get exclusive content, PS always gets awesome exclusives every gen

X1 - Inferior mp this gen, not much big hit exclusives every gen, the best for online(specially last gen)

Wii U - Awesome Exclusives, gamepad sucks to most people, lack of mp

if only the Wii U was a console as powerful as the PS4/X1 and has mp support, it would've been number 1 this gen for sure.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

Do you remember what happened to xbox and nintendo exclusives the last few years of the console generation? Do you remember how MS started out this generation?

Perhaps there are a lot of people who actually take these things into consideration and don't simply buy these systems at a moments notice because they like to blow money on products that get dropped at a moments notice or have rights restricted without warning.

PS3 didn't end up 1 even tho it ended up the the most highest number of AAA/AA exclusives of last gen consoles, so is this just a thread to say you hate what other people like?

Does PS4 deserve to be 1? It's the most powerful console, It has the most 3rd party support, it has the most announced up-coming exclusives so on what grounds would you suggest it doesn't deserve it's place? You don't have to like a game or may criticize it because of a review score but it's ultimately up to the individual to decide if a game is worthwhile to them so if your whole basis of this thread is because of scores your argument is flawed.

Case in point, wii sports didn't get high scores at all if we consider all the AAA mega hyped games that came out but wii sports is the most successful videogame of all time.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2724/wii-sports-is-the-most-successful-videogame-of-all-time/

so either all those reviewers were the minority of opinions who genuinely didn't find it great, or wii sports was actually an AAAAE game and the reviewers just got it wrong. In any case leaning on review opinions to prove a point about what deserves something sales wise is flawed logic.

PS4 is factually superior in almost all measurable areas as far as these system are concerned and at a good price for what is offered. In contrast, you are saying because of a subjective opinion gamespot of some other game sites gave PS4 exclusives, it doesn't deserve it's place despite the fact people are buying the system to play those games--that seems very short sighted!

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't get this idea that the PS4 has a bad line up. The current offering isn't super great, but future games have always looked awesome for the system.

Arguing that the Wii U is a better system is crazy. Nintendo will abandon that thing completely in the next couple years. They're not going to keep pumping out exclusive software for a system that isn't selling. I feel confident in the future of the PS4, but I still question if I should even buy a Wii U. Nintendo is likely already in the progress of making their next console. Better to buy the next system and play Wii U games on that instead (if it's BC compatible.)

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

I don't understand why it has sold as much as it has. People want graphics more than games, I'm guessing, which is extremely sad.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

I don't get this idea that the PS4 has a bad line up. The current offering isn't super great, but future games have always looked awesome for the system.

Arguing that the Wii U is a better system is crazy. Nintendo will abandon that thing completely in the next couple years. They're not going to keep pumping out exclusive software for a system that isn't selling. I feel confident in the future of the PS4, but I still question if I should even buy a Wii U. Nintendo is likely already in the progress of making their next console. Better to buy the next system and play Wii U games on that instead (if it's BC compatible.)

I should have saved my long rant and simply replied with something like this.

The power thing is just icing on the cake, but my first 2 question to start my last post, "Do you remember what happened to xbox and nintendo exclusives the last few years of the console generation? Do you remember how MS started out this generation?" summarizes what a lot of people may have factored into their decision to buy a PS4 over the other systems without hesitation.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

No. I would say Xbox One is slightly ahead in gaming experience as of now.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@Litchie said:

I don't understand why it has sold as much as it has. People want graphics more than games, I'm guessing, which is extremely sad.

Then they should go PC.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

XposBone doesn't even qualify!

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Yes. Exclusives sell a console, but they are not the only thing that sell a console. There are loads of other notes a console needs to hit as well, and the PS4 hits them all consistently far better than either the Xbox One or the Wii U do.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

If Wii U had stronger hardware and more 3rd party support, it would be easily leading the console market. Regretfully, it does not.

Right now PS4 is winning because it is marginally better than XO in BOTH exclusives and multiplats, and because it had better PR at launch, while XO was making a huge mess of itself.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#34  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Well with so 'many' people buying these PS4's and XB1's, will this lead to incredibly lowered expectations next gen, or will this lead to people waiting it out next gen?

Maybe the PS5 and XB2 won't even need any games to sell. Or maybe they still won't sell even if they have a ton of subPC games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34596 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

@Litchie said:

Then they should go PC.

You'd think that. Everytime I hear someone talk about PS4, which happens quite a lot in subways for example, they always, ALWAYS talk about graphics. It's not "this PS4 game is so cool", it's "the PS4's graphics is so amazing". Like PC doesn't exist. Maybe because they're usually students who can't afford a good PC and feel better about their PS4s when they ignore the fact that better graphics can be had.. So judging by what I hear all the time from random people, what graphics a console is capable of is more important than fun games.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@nyadc said:

In terms of software, games, updates, features and functionality they are being unquestionably outdone by Microsoft, that is Sony's Achilles heel. Software is what wins a console generation and the players, not the power of the hardware,

Again with this after being corrected last week? What is with this propaganda, Jon?

http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

The PS4 has more quality retail and digital games than the Xbone:

245 PS4 games to 163 Xbone games.

Overlooking Digital/indie games, PS4 has 9 more Retail games than Xbone as well (quality gems as well like Guilty Gear). You are definitely underestimating Sony's ability in the games dept.

Exclusives both the Xbone and PS4 could do better, sure, especially the PS4 as the Xbone has a slight lead, but games? Sony already is unquestionably outperforming the Xbone in total games in both quality and quantity (id est, there are more higher rated games on PS4).

Software is what wins a console generation and the PS4 has both a hardware advantage and games advantage right now, which is why people are buying the machine.

The Xbone has gotten more updates, but they also are fixing things and playing catch up with many of those updates. That's not a bragging point per se, but the company is good at software no doubt and I would argue better than Sony generally at software coding for sure, but that's not enough. The Xbone should have more GAMES than the PS4 and it doesn't...which considering both machines are the same age, is really strange.

I won't argue with features or functionality. I own the Xbone and it has some neat features, but that whole part about Games just wasn't accurate as a dual owner or just as a gamer who's been paying attention, it's obvious the Xbone could do better in securing more multiplats. They are trying, but in the meantime there is a 82 game gap between the two machines in the PS4's favor. That's atrocious. The quality point has no merit, I bought Guilty Gear and Injustice on PS4 as they were available on PS4 and not Xbone for instance. That is an example of two quality multiplats that simply don't exist on Xbone and there is 80 more games that could and should be on Xbone but aren't (many pundits point to the terrible Parity Clause as a reason why devs are running). I don't know why there is such a massive gap in quality multiplat games for Xbone, but the gap exists. I will give the Xbone credit also in having more exclusives, but it's such a tight race and with Bloodborne and E3 2015 around the corner, we'll see where the dust settles in exclusives come January 2016. I'm sure we are both capable of rattling off huge exclusives (which can be delayed) for both machines, but at the end of the year, we'll see how this plays out.

For those reading that wonder which machine as MORE slated games to release the answer at this point in March 2015 is the PS4 (64 upcoming games vs. 50 Xbone games). It appears the PS4's lead in games is only going to increase year after year...but it's too early to throw in the towel I'd say. LINK: http://www.listwar.com/upcoming-games-2/

In terms of games Microsoft are being unquestionably outdone by Sony, that is Microsoft's Achilles heel (on Xbone, not 360). Software is what wins a console generation and the players, not the power of the hardware which is also in Sony's favor. I will reiterate though, the Xbone does have a very slight lead in exclusives and they have done well updating the machine and it has nice features, sure. However, I only am correcting that "games" portion of your quote:

@nyadc said:

In terms of software, games, updates, features and functionality they are being unquestionably outdone by Microsoft, that is Sony's Achilles heel. Software is what wins a console generation and the players, not the power of the hardware,

There are a lot of users here who could be duped by their lack of current console experience. Others here lie to justify their purchasing behaviors, others of course troll, some post purely from ignorance, and some have an agenda. I just wanted to keep the discussion honest.

Does the PS4 deserve it's spot in sales? I don't know, probably not...I can only look at the facts and I figure gamers want more "games" so they buy the console that has more "games". Right now that happens to be the PS4 for whatever reasons. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the PS4 library or Xbone library as I game on the Wii U and PC a lot as well as PS3 use lately, BUT I do know which machine has more games. It's evident EVERY WEEK on the Xbone and PS4 game stores which I log into every week looking at the deals for both machines.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

OP's premise is heavily flawed as TC doesn't realise that it's third party software that sells the most hardware.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

Statistics would say Pc ---> Nintendo ---> Xbox ---> PlayStation

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 misterpmedia

@nyadc said:

Software is what wins a console generation and the players

You made all of that uninformed rant to ultimately point out why Sony is leading this gen lol.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

X1 should be neck & neck with ps4 cuz of much better exclusives/ better online then ps4/ Offering free games/ Game price cuts for X1/ 360 same as sony/ with the X1 only being slightly less powerful then ps4. Same 3rd party games as ps4.

You say the Xbone should be neck and neck with the PS4 for many reasons. I understand how you feel bro. The Xbone did price cuts, it has arguably better exclusives, etc.

However, that business about offering free games on Xbone...are you talking about the F2P type games or Games with Gold (GWG)?

Just so you are aware the PS4 has more F2P/MMO type games than Xbone, and PS+ has 3x more games than GWG. I know, I've downloaded EVERY SINGLE GWG game on Xbone (& 360, but that's not the topic). So far, the Xbone has 12 free GWG games and the PS4 has offered 36. Furthermore, M$ changed the Xbone so that you do NOT keep the games if you stop subbing to XBL. GWG on Xbone is has the same subscription requirement as PS+ on PS4.

What it boils down to is:

36 PS+ games > 12 GWG Xbone games

Citation: http://www.listwar.com/ps-plus-vs-gold/

Before you argue quality of those 36 games and try and suggest the 12 GWG are of better quality. The only metric that seems most fair to determine quality in a fair and objective way on a forum is metacritic. You could use Gamespot, IGN, GameTrailers, etc if you wanted (although some games just don't get reviewed at some sites sometimes so Metacritic is good at filling in the holes). The results should pan out about the same though, PS4 PS+ QUALITY aka metascores are far higher than the Xbone GWG QUALITY.

With regards to PS4/Xbone, what I typed above means $50 PS+ is giving you BETTER GAMES and MORE GAMES than $60 GWG. Furthermore, PS+ started giving away games on the PS4 to PS4 gamers since launch and Xbone didn't start until June 2014 leaving guys like me who had an Xbone wondering where the GWG games were? Furthermore, after M$ finally decided to give us GWG on Xbone 7 months later, they started cheaping out with ONE NEW game per month whereas Sony has been giving away 2-4 games a month. Xbone isn't going to catch up one GWG game at a time. What does this mean? It means after gamers waited months and months for GWG, when it finally arrived we got lower tier games at a slower pace than PS+, who were giving out higher tier games.

Consumers notice these trends. Your post is about sales and you suggested the Xbone and PS4 should be neck and neck for a variety of reasons. You made some interesting points and I understand you. However, the free game portion of your post had me scratch my head as I own both Xbone and PS4.

Perhaps you meant F2P/MMO type games? PS4 has more of those as well and yes, again the quality is there. Are those F2P/MMO type games a big seller? If you ask me, no. But if that is a reason for one machine selling more than the other machine, that is something in the PS4's favor. Sony has done something, I don't know what, but something to secure 3x more PS+ games than there are equivalent GWG games on Xbone.

Also, while I'm here, I posted above, but for some other reason, PS4 has 82 more actual games than Xbone, which means more quality games for consumers to choose from once you weed out the stinkers. On the retail front, PS4 has more games than Xbone too. Again, these two machines launch one week apart in November 2013. This 80+ GAME GAP shouldn't exist in the PS4's favor, but it does which I think is why there is more people buying PS4s than Xbones. It's not just indies either, the PS4 has more retail games out than Xbone as well (9 more in stores and growing). I spoke more on this GAMES subject in an above post.

Citation: http://www.listwar.com/released-games/

What does this all mean in the end? Nothing if you ask me. Honestly, the PS1 has way more games than the N64 and Saturn rival machines, but some people will still swear by the N64 or Saturn. They might not be the majority based on sales, but these console gain their fans one way or the other. It doesn't boil down to games or exclusives or even more higher quality games when dealing with me or you. It boils down to games we want, right? What genres and types of games are on the platform I'm buying? Preference. I totally get that. Which is why I own a Wii U. I had to get my Mario fix and the bonus games like Wonderful 101, SSB, or Zelda definitely help with that purchase. However, if someone buys a Wii U and expects it to get the lionshare of 3rd party support because of something they read in a forum? That's not fair. In this case, I'm just making sure the facts of the matter are looked at as they certainly are relevant to this whole "which system deserves sales" business. Personally, I don't worry about sales once these things cross the 10 million mark, but I do care as a consumer about having GAME choices on my GAMES consoles.

In terms of sales though, I think I laid out some fair reasons why the PS4 has an advantage on the marketplace besides the touted power gap. I'm not confusing my personal feelings with my measurement of this gen's progress.

Anywho, have a good one mate.

Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

Exclusives aren't everything. Hell I'd say they aren't even the biggest factor to consider when buying a console... PS4 is a great machine, and if I didn't already have a pc, I'd love to have a PS4.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 misterpmedia

@speak_low said:

Nintendo are in a weird situation now because they'll start every generation a couple years early and ultimately be superseded by more powerful hardware from Xbox and PlayStation.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

Yes it deserves to be the first in consoles. Let's look at the alternatives:

-Wii U is a barren wasteland, it is worth because it has awesome exclusives but every third party dev ignores it, it gets two or three good games every year, as a stand alone library it is a joke.

-Xbone doesn't have any decent exclusives except maybe for fh2, MCC floped and is not even fixed months after release and the rest of the library is not exclusive, and racing games like fh2 just cather to few people, the rest of the mutliplats which are basically 90% of the game library are superior on the ps4.

So yes, ps4 is the most balanced systsem, unlike wii u it gets most third party games, sony has great first party even if only this year their games will be arriving and has superior multiplats. Stay jelly.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

It deserves it as much as the Xbone would considering both of their line ups, are pretty shitty atm. WiiU has a much better exclusive line-up but is entirely lacking when it comes to multiplats so that doesn't deserve it either, so...

I think as well as the number one platform, PC should henceforth also be the number one console.

PC for console pres 15' !!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Judging by the comments, it seems gamers has forgotten that at eh beginning, the price between Xbox One and PS4 was the clear winner at launch. Xbox One was way too much for a gaming console starting at $500 vs PS4 $400 is what kept PS4 being No. 1 in the first place. Like @misterpmedia said, it's the 3rd party software that sells the console when it comes to the PSN/XBL community whatever side you have friends with and most of all, the controller whatever your conformable with. People need to understand that 3rd party can sell whatever console you prefer playing on whether it's on Wii U, Xbox One, PS4.

legendofsense

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 legendofsense
Member since 2013 • 320 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Not a very good question.

If the other consoles were better they would be giving the PS4 a challenge.

Thats like asking if the winner of an olympic metal "really deserves" the metal.

He won....theres no deserve about it. People like the PS4....theres no deserve about it.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Pretty obvious that PS4 succeeded because of how well the PS3 was doing at the end of the generation. People have confidence in Sony to deliver. Sony followed up with good hype leading up to the launch of the PS4, and so people are buying a PS4 on faith. Unfortunately it's been pretty lackluster so far.