Does that PlayStation 4 not exist anymore?

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

What's the deal around here? No one talks about it, no threads are created about it? All I see are 20 Xbox One and Microsoft threads, some random ones and a Splatoon thread...

This place has really gotten stale...

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

It has no games

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

It's dead, had a good run, rip in peaces Sony

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@commander said:

It has no games

I wouldn't go that far, but it just seems like there's nothing noteworthy to talk about for it... Is it in some kind of limbo where there's just nothing interesting happening to spark a discussion?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

The game library lead got too extensive and wide, the PS4 system is not worth discussing anymore.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19562 Posts

@SolidTy: Pretty much this. The PS4 has so many great PS3 titles that the other systems are simply fighting over second place.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By commander

@dynamitecop said:
@commander said:

It has no games

I wouldn't go that far, but it just seems like there's nothing noteworthy to talk about for it... Is it in some kind of limbo where there's just nothing interesting happening to spark a discussion?

system wars is at a stalemate. The ps4 still has the extra power, but nothing really to write home about. Both systems had some exlusives, timed and not timed , where xbox has had a slight advantage, but nothing really to write home about either.

It's quite obvious that everybody is using the system where their friends are and the newcomers, well either they're a sucker for xbox exclusives and/or the controller or it's vice versa. The ones that don't know still go for playstation, since it has the better image this gen. The xbox had a bad start and the ps4 is overall the more powerfull system, so the ones that really don't have a preference choose the ps4.

That's why the ps4 is still outselling the xboxone but that's not juicy enough for system wars. People at system wars are seasoned gamers and do have preferences. So the extra power with the ps4 and the better image doesn't really carry any weight. Especially because you have still the pc as well.

Talking about the pc, there isn't really any action there as well, besides with vr but that is not released yet either. Same with star citizen and kingdom deliverance.

We might have vr wars by the end of the year, who knows...

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

It's too far ahead of the competition. Lems and Sheep don't bother attacking it because they've given up hope that their systems will ever catch up to its library or sales.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Xbox One tapped out. The lems cried away.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#10  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@commander said:
@dynamitecop said:
@commander said:

It has no games

system wars is at a stalemate. The ps4 still has the extra power, but nothing really to write home about. Both systems had some exlusives, timed and not timed , where xbox has had a slight advantage, but nothing really to write home about either.

It's quite obvious that everybody is using the system where their friends are and the newcomers, well either they're a sucker for xbox exclusives and/or the controller or it's vice versa. The ones that don't know still go for playstation, since it has the better image this gen. The xbox had a bad start and the ps4 is overall the more powerfull system, so the ones that really don't have a preference choose the ps4.

That's why the ps4 is still outselling the xboxone but that's not juicy enough for system wars. People at system wars are seasoned gamers and do have preferences. So the extra power with the ps4 and the better image doesn't really carry any weight. Especially because you have still the pc as well.

Talking about the pc, there isn't really any action there as well, besides with vr but that is not released yet either. Same with star citizen and kingdom deliverance.

I have to give you props, this was actually a great post; and pretty much sums up how I feel about both consoles. Mostly due to the fact that I have a PC. But some people will still deny the truth in what you have said.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Nothing to talk about. Even cows can't pretend to give a shit about it anymore

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 commander

@remiks00 said:
@commander said:

I have to give you props, this was actually a great post; and pretty much sums up how I feel about both consoles. Mostly due to the fact that I have a PC. But some people will still deny the truth in what you have said.

What truth are you talking about? that the pc is stronger than the ps4?

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

We have two consoles which are essentially incredibly similar to one an other.

Exclusives are slowly turning into "ecosystem" exclusives and are becoming less and less exclusive to specific machines. Timed exclusives etc etc. This kills the already dying meta game stone dead. They are also being released very slowly this gen and with delays meaning only a handful of games receive genuine hype amd are met with relief when they are successful rather than joy and interest.

Both machines have/are offering the backwards compatibility options in one form or another meaning actually we will all be retaining our games from our system of preference last gen.

I put Sony's sales successes at the hands of an incredibly poor X1 launch and the fact that Sony came out swinging with a product that was cheaper and technically more powerful, and easily understood by the consumer. This doesnt change my opinion that its still an incredibly dull and uninspiring console and this gen thus far has also been rather dull.

Discussion points are moot because so much is shared between these consoles and as another poster mentioned it all comes down to preference now....which of the few exclusives to you like, controller, gaming friends etc.

Hence the reason I went with the X1. My wife and kids love the kinnect titles, I enjoy watching them use it. Its great family entertainment regardless of whether "teh HARCOREZ" gamer can see value in it. Sony doesnt offer the same family entertainment in my opinion. I like the voice control and t.v stuff too.....yup...i said it. Its a nice feature. I prefer the controller and most of my friends are Xbox. Its doesnt make the X1 better but it makes it the better choice for me.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#14  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@commander said:
@remiks00 said:
@commander said:

system wars is at a stalemate. The ps4 still has the extra power, but nothing really to write home about.Both systems had some exlusives, timed and not timed , where xbox has had a slight advantage, but nothing really to write home about either.

It's quite obvious that everybody is using the system where their friends are and the newcomers, well either they're a sucker for xbox exclusives and/or the controller or it's vice versa. The ones that don't know still go for playstation, since it has the better image this gen.The xbox had a bad start and the ps4 is overall the more powerfull system, so the ones that really don't have a preference choose the ps4.

That's why the ps4 is still outselling the xboxone but that's not juicy enough for system wars. People at system wars are seasoned gamers and do have preferences. So the extra power with the ps4 and the better image doesn't really carry any weight.Especially because you have still the pc as well.

What truth are you talking about? that the pc is stronger than the ps4?

All of the bolded. Especially the fact that neither system is nothing to write home about. I don't really care about the console's themselves, I just want more meaningful games to start appearing on them. AAA games on PS4 & Xbox One have been extremely mediocre this gen.

I'm still hyped for Horizon & Persona 5 though.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

It's not worth talking about. Every exclusive or console exclusive game it gets is a failure. On top of that it has the worst online structure against Microsoft, worst controller, and no external hard drive support, no new features. It's just a dull lifeless machine.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

PS4 is too far ahead of the X1 that lems don't have anything to argue over and they can't exactly brag about their console.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

All Hype No Play Station

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Ye ole, they don't love PS4, they just hate your system. :P

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 naughtyottsel
Member since 2016 • 1801 Posts

@primorandomguy said:

It's not worth talking about. Every exclusive or console exclusive game it gets is a failure. On top of that it has the worst online structure against Microsoft, worst controller, and no external hard drive support, no new features. It's just a dull lifeless machine.

lol ok lemming.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 naughtyottsel

Well dude think about it this way, SW is rampant with trolls and what's the subject that causes FAR more controversy than the PS4?

The Xbox One is the correct answer; once MS does something stupid or negative you can beat your systems that fanboys will go mental over it.

Sony on the other hand haven't done anything truly stupid all gen.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@naughtyottsel: Lol ok cow.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PS4 already won the war.

Wii U won the hearts of true gamers.

Xbox One is just fun to bash and criticize.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 naughtyottsel

@primorandomguy said:

@naughtyottsel: Lol ok cow.

The cow that's playing his 3DS like mad due to Bravely Second and Ace Ace Attorney Investigations....oh wait.

Unlike you lem, I don't lock myself out from games due to fanboyism.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@dynamitecop said:

What's the deal around here? No one talks about it, no threads are created about it? All I see are 20 Xbox One and Microsoft threads, some random ones and a Splatoon thread...

This place has really gotten stale...

Everybody loves a train wreck.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Is like what's there to talk about? Is clear that PS4 will win this gen by a huge margin. No bad news lately. I guess you will see more thread when uncharted 4 comes out.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#26 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Well people talk about Nintendo cause NX is coming and MS because Xbone is tanking, its not fun to talk about winning consoles

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34567 Posts

This generation is shit, so it's not that fun to talk about.

I miss the GC/PS2/Xbox days..

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Their is nothing to discuss on the Sony front, they are winning and are doing it in a very boring fashion.

Microsoft on the other hand, are actively trying to commit suicide in the most glorious ways possible, so there is plenty to talk about with them.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Because most of the Sony fanboys and fakeboy rather talk about the Xbox than play games or talk about the console they love so much LOL.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

You just wait, UC4 is coming and then all hell will break loose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Sums them up in a nutshell LOL

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Mainly what you see on this forum is politicking for failing platforms. The dust has settled and the PS4 is running the house this generation. What is there to discuss?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SecretPolice

@lostrib:

Especially if it flippity floppies. Good times ahead perhaps. :P

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@SecretPolice: Oh my god. If UC4 flops.... I think we'll be seeing GameCube/Wii Twilight Princess levels of rage, maybe higher. I can't wait.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SecretPolice

@spike6958:

Let the stomping of hooves and gnashing of teeth begin in earnest. lol :P

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 naughtyottsel

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Someone's upset.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@naughtyottsel said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Someone's upset.

I don't know, looks like he has a smile on his face LOL

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

No point beating a dead horse. There isn't even any interest in NPD threads anymore.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Sounds like what all fanboys do. I do find it funny, though, that the meme claims they don't love their systems, but pictures a guy holding a PS3 with a huge smile.

?

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 naughtyottsel

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Someone's upset.

Can never tell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@Zero_epyon said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Sounds like what all fanboys do. I do find it funny, though, that the meme claims they don't love their systems, but pictures a guy holding a PS3 with a huge smile.

?

LOL that is funny and I'm sure he's quite happy getting his PS3 but he may not be a fanboy. Fanboys just love to hate on the next console if it's not there's.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Still awaiting greatness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@naughtyottsel said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Someone's upset.

Can never tell.

Who knows.

naughtyottsel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 naughtyottsel

@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:
@naughtyottsel said:
@BigShotSmoov007 said:

Someone's upset.

Can never tell.

Who knows.

The poster of the image though seems mad though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

@naughtyottsel:

LOL mad about what?

naughtyottsel