Does PC have any good action games?

• 112 results
#51 Posted by foxhound_fox (87379 posts) -

If you can't find them yourself, then that's not our problem.

Not only are they everywhere (PC gets all the console multiplats) but there are plenty of good to great exclusives as well.

#52 Posted by MBirdy88 (7438 posts) -

@Dasein808

Max Payne's gameplay was stylish but ultimately shallow. Infact Its only outstanding feature was it story.

Ah, so like the majority of big Sony Games.

#53 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1128 posts) -

You do realize PC gets most multiplats right?...and that most of them are actually better on PC?

How is this even a thread...I'll bite anyways:

1. Batman AA

2. Batman AC

3. Batman GK

4. GTA4

5. GTA5

6. WatchDogs

7. AC1-4

8. Witcher

9. Witcher 2/3

10. Gears of War

11. Max Payne 1-3

12. TESO

13. Tomb Raider

14. Vindictus

15. MDK 1/2

16. Mafia 1/2

17. Just Cause

Probably dozens more.

#54 Edited by commonfate (12173 posts) -

It was and still greatest third person action game of all time.

If there was any doubt before hand you are undoubtedly Sniper.

#55 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@geniobastardo

Uhm... Thanks I guess....

#56 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@MBirdy88

EXACTLY ! :)

#57 Posted by WallofTruth (1409 posts) -

You do realize PC gets most multiplats right?...and that most of them are actually better on PC?

1. Batman AA

2. Batman AC

3. Batman GK

4. GTA4

5. GTA5

6. WatchDogs

7. AC1-4

8. Witcher

9. Witcher 2/3

10. Gears of War

11. Max Payne 1-3

12. TESO

13. Tomb Raider

14. Vindictus

15. MDK 1/2

16. Mafia 1/2

17. Just Cause

Probably dozens more.

/thread

#58 Edited by echeverriad78 (3 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Hey dummy shogun is not a point and click. And your stupid ass never played sc2 then fuck off about point and click games are not fun.

#59 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1128 posts) -

@kinectthedots: Hey dummy shogun is not a point and click. And your stupid ass never played sc2 then fuck off about point and click games are not fun.

Every PC game is point and click unless you use another control device.

It's a stupid insult, mostly trolling.

#60 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1243 posts) -

High quality .? Non FPS .? Sure , plenty :

93 metacritic .

82 metacritic (Can't wait for sequel)

86 metacritic

90 metacritic

90 metacritic

and so many more .

What about Playstation and Xbox .? Any AAA game , exclusive to single console which is not FPS/TPS or sports game .? Any point and click adventure games .? RTS .?

wait a second, are you actually trying to promote point and click crap and RTS crap? LOL

you must be joking

#61 Posted by MonsieurX (29248 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

93 metacritic .

86 metacritic

90 metacritic

90 metacritic

and so many more .

What about Playstation and Xbox .? Any AAA game , exclusive to single console which is not FPS/TPS or sports game .? Any point and click adventure games .? RTS .?

wait a second, are you actually trying to promote point and click crap and RTS crap? LOL

you must be joking

And they're all higher rated than any retail PS4 exclusive

How sad :(

#62 Posted by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

LOL TC obviously asked for exclusives yet you guys post multiplats.

Face it PC has very few good TPS action games.

#63 Posted by Krelian-co (10251 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

93 metacritic .

86 metacritic

90 metacritic

90 metacritic

and so many more .

you must be joking

ROFL they are great games, if you don't have braincells enough to play them, is nobody's fault but your own.

#64 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

TBH i cant see the apeal of these third person action games. very few of them are groundbreaking but now majority of them are very shallow action games like assassins creed, uncharted, tomb raider etc.

they are only worth playing when you are waiting for a big title and have nothing else to play so you can have some roller coster ride. otherwise they are waste of time.

#65 Posted by MonsieurX (29248 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

TBH i cant see the apeal of these third person action games. very few of them are groundbreaking but now majority of them are very shallow action games like assassins creed, uncharted, tomb raider etc.

they are only worth playing when you are waiting for a big title and have nothing else to play so you can have some roller coster ride. otherwise they are waste of time.

...but nobody asked for your view on TPS sniperchan

#66 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1128 posts) -

1. No he didn't.

2. Why must they be exclusives, PC is better at running the types of games he mentioned.

#67 Posted by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

Are you implying that other video games aren't a waste of time?

And also that's just your opinion, there are millions of fans that think those games are groundbreaking.

#68 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (646 posts) -

there are millions of fans that think those games are groundbreaking.

those who did not played many games? Assassins creed is very simple and basic game.

#69 Posted by geniobastardo (1295 posts) -

@geniobastardo

Uhm... Thanks I guess....

you're welcome my friend.

#70 Posted by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

1. No he didn't.

2. Why must they be exclusives, PC is better at running the types of games he mentioned.

Well then he must be really stupid. I can't think of any other reason why he would ask such a question cause I am 100% sure he has heard of multiplat TPS' or has already played them on his console

#71 Edited by happyduds77 (1443 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

those who did not played many games? Assassins creed is very simple and basic game.

And who are you to decide what people should like and dislike?

#72 Posted by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

I made this video a couple days back. Firefall is exclusive to the PC and is now quite good after spending 2 years in dev hell.

Wildstar Online is very actiony for an MMO as well. Skill based, not stat based. I made this video of one of the large world bosses. Took about 30 of us to bring it down.

There is Guild Wars 2 which is also an action based MMO instead of just stats based.

Chivalry: Medieval Warfare is good shit too. Action from the first person.

If you're looking for short, narrative driven, linear, high budget action games, the PC doesn't get as many of those, only the multiplats. Those are almost exclusively on the consoles if they aren't a multiplat game. It seems console exclusives are usually the short, linear, action titles rather than big, expansive games with a lot of diverse gameplay.

#73 Posted by leandrro (787 posts) -

not FPS, something like a third person action game. something high quality though, not something that barely got the OK from steam.

all the best games are multiplatform, so the question makes no sense

a good question should be: Does all action games play better on PC? yes they do

#74 Edited by MonsieurX (29248 posts) -

@Wasdie: Chivalry can be played in 3rd person as well IIRC,but not all servers allow it

#75 Posted by Roler42 (545 posts) -

I think this is the first time I see someone calling the witcher a point and click game...

#76 Edited by wis3boi (31016 posts) -

@system-reboot said:
@happyduds77 said:

it's sniper, his opinion is solid fact

#77 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24632 posts) -

DOTA 2 is pretty action packed.

#78 Posted by echeverriad78 (3 posts) -

@kinectthedots: so all pc games are point and click lol stupid kid. bye bye console fagboy

#79 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2283 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

93 metacritic .

86 metacritic

90 metacritic

90 metacritic

and so many more .

you must be joking

If you can't handle the truth then do yourself a favor and don't make threads .

#80 Edited by cfisher2833 (1550 posts) -

The problem is, TC is essentially asking why aren't there a bunch of exclusive, big-budget third person shooters/action games on PC. It's a stupid question. What kind of idiot company making that type of game is gonna not go multi-plat? Like I said, it's a stupid question. The only logical response is Divinity OS.

Your little 8hr movie games can suck a bag of dicks. I'd rather play my 80hr badass, muthafuckin isometric cRPG.

#81 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2283 posts) -

The problem is, TC is essentially asking why aren't there a bunch of exclusive, big-budget third person shooters/action games on PC. It's a stupid question. What kind of idiot company making that type of game is gonna not go multi-plat? Like I said, it's a stupid question. The only logical response is Divinity OS.

Your little 8hr movie games can suck a bag of dicks. I'd rather play my 80hr badass, muthafuckin isometric cRPG.

That's the point of this thread . According to it , PC doesn't have many 5 hours linear corridor shooters and only have big non linear games , so PC is owned , lol . Even though lot of people have already listed non FPS games and even Third Person Action games available on PC only along with 90% multiplatforms .

#82 Posted by PapaTrop (432 posts) -

It does, but not quite in the same vein as games like Bayonetta, but I'm sure that'll change.

Japanese support is at an all-time high on PC, and is only getting better. There seems to be a new Japanese game showing up in Steam every week or two. Platinum has gone on record as saying they want future games to be on PC. Many other "big" Japanese devs have already shown up on PC.

I guess it's coincidence that both Metal Gear Rising Revengeance, and Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends are on sale right now on Steam.

#83 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1243 posts) -

#84 Posted by lawlessx (46459 posts) -

Not many PC developers invest millions of dollars into a game that can be finished overnight.

#85 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1128 posts) -

I miss when there was real debates against PC.

There is real debates you guys can actually find, there isn't a need to make troll alts.

#86 Posted by Roler42 (545 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames: Well, the thread was officially a waste of time

should have known better you were just flamebaiting and not asking legitimate questions, hell, even uninspiredcup makes better discussions than this... and that says a lot...

#87 Posted by cfisher2833 (1550 posts) -

Mad at what? Mad that I actually have games to play which last more than ten hours?

#88 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29082 posts) -

More i see or Original Sin the more i become interested

The gameplay is fun and the freedom it gives you is really great. I don't think the story or characters are all that interesting, but it's very much worth playing.

#89 Posted by cainetao11 (16619 posts) -

@system-reboot said:
@happyduds77 said:

He was SNIPER!!!!!!!! REmastered/rebooted.

#90 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1243 posts) -

Mad at what? Mad that I actually have games to play which last more than ten hours?

I'm sorry I just can never get into games with top down views. If they were FPS styled like Fallout 3 or TPS styled like MGS or Gears of war I wouldn't hate on them as much. Or at least mix it up like FF7.

Anyways I was just asking, you took offense to it because maybe your mad that you didn't have an answer for my question and it hurt inside.

cheers

#91 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1243 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

Not many PC developers invest millions of dollars into a game that can be finished overnight.

you know why? because PC shot itself in the foot, they know if they make any action game it will just get pirated so they don't make them.

@roler42 said:

should have known better you were just flamebaiting and not asking legitimate questions, hell, even uninspiredcup makes better discussions than this... and that says a lot...

I'm not flamebating, I keep hearing people say PC has the most and best games so it got me thinking...does pc have a HIGH QUALITY action game like Bayonetta, Gears of War, MGS....something exclusive too I know they have a bunch of multi plats like Watch Dogs.

The problem with PC is theres no in-house studio to make exclusives for them, its just bunch of indie to mediocre garage developers who make mediocre games. And since consoles will laugh at them if they ever bring them their games, they release it on steam. Companies like Acer, MSI, and such gaming computer companies should invest in some talent to make some high quality games. If they did I would have bought a gaming laptop a long time ago. I just am not into WoW and Starcraft once every 10 years for me to justify a rig. PC doesn't even get NHL or Madden.

#92 Posted by dakan45 (18405 posts) -

Like the upcoming aliens trolls and dragons?

#93 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1128 posts) -

PC doesn't even get NHL or Madden.

Thank god. I didn't look at the rest because everyone knows you're lying/trolling.

#94 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1243 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:
PC doesn't even get NHL or Madden.

Thank god. I didn't look at the rest because everyone knows you're lying/trolling.

lying? you mad?

#95 Posted by MBirdy88 (7438 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

you know why? because PC shot itself in the foot, they know if they make any action game it will just get pirated so they don't make them.

@roler42 said:

I'm not flamebating, I keep hearing people say PC has the most and best games so it got me thinking...does pc have a HIGH QUALITY action game like Bayonetta, Gears of War, MGS....something exclusive too I know they have a bunch of multi plats like Watch Dogs.

The problem with PC is theres no in-house studio to make exclusives for them, its just bunch of indie to mediocre garage developers who make mediocre games. And since consoles will laugh at them if they ever bring them their games, they release it on steam. Companies like Acer, MSI, and such gaming computer companies should invest in some talent to make some high quality games. If they did I would have bought a gaming laptop a long time ago. I just am not into WoW and Starcraft once every 10 years for me to justify a rig. PC doesn't even get NHL or Madden.

I think a better question is do you have any good posts?

PC has different strong genres than consoles? oh what a new topic batman.

#96 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

I can believe you guys even bother replying to this troll.

#97 Posted by ivo_ree (79 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

1. Batman AA

2. Batman AC

3. Batman GK

4. GTA4

5. GTA5

6. WatchDogs

7. AC1-4

8. Witcher

9. Witcher 2/3

10. Gears of War

11. Max Payne 1-3

12. TESO

13. Tomb Raider

14. Vindictus

15. MDK 1/2

16. Mafia 1/2

17. Just Cause

Probably dozens more.

/thread

That is if you're able to find them at any retail stores.

#98 Edited by harry_james_pot (10375 posts) -
@ivo_ree said:

@walloftruth said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

1. Batman AA

2. Batman AC

3. Batman GK

4. GTA4

5. GTA5

6. WatchDogs

7. AC1-4

8. Witcher

9. Witcher 2/3

10. Gears of War

11. Max Payne 1-3

12. TESO

13. Tomb Raider

14. Vindictus

15. MDK 1/2

16. Mafia 1/2

17. Just Cause

Probably dozens more.

/thread

lol, what? Who buys retail games on PC?

#99 Posted by ivo_ree (79 posts) -

@ivo_ree said:

@walloftruth said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

1. Batman AA

2. Batman AC

3. Batman GK

4. GTA4

5. GTA5

6. WatchDogs

7. AC1-4

8. Witcher

9. Witcher 2/3

10. Gears of War

11. Max Payne 1-3

12. TESO

13. Tomb Raider

14. Vindictus

15. MDK 1/2

16. Mafia 1/2

17. Just Cause

Probably dozens more.

/thread

Sometimes I have trouble downloading.

#100 Posted by BldgIrsh (1319 posts) -

@ivo_ree said:

@harry_james_pot said:
@ivo_ree said:

@walloftruth said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

1. Batman AA

2. Batman AC

3. Batman GK

4. GTA4

5. GTA5

6. WatchDogs

7. AC1-4

8. Witcher

9. Witcher 2/3

10. Gears of War

11. Max Payne 1-3

12. TESO

13. Tomb Raider

14. Vindictus

15. MDK 1/2

16. Mafia 1/2

17. Just Cause

Probably dozens more.

/thread

Sometimes I have trouble downloading.

Internet. They have speeds faster than 5 mb/s.