Does next gen really surpass current gen games?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by foxhound_fox (89427 posts) -

@crimsonman1245 said:

Go look at a gameplay video of Killzone 2 and Infamous 2 then look at Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son.

Okay, you go look at a video of Star Citizen or any PC game from the past 3-4 years running at max settings. For anyone who has played games on a good PC, this new generation is technically lacklustre.

#52 Posted by JordanizPro (1912 posts) -

@foxhound_fox:

@foxhound_fox said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

Go look at a gameplay video of Killzone 2 and Infamous 2 then look at Killzone Shadowfall and Infamous Second Son.

Okay, you go look at a video of Star Citizen or any PC game from the past 3-4 years running at max settings. For anyone who has played games on a good PC, this new generation is technically lacklustre.

Yea everone is just pumped for new consoles so they want to believe that this next generation is gonna be like the leap from ps2 to ps3 smh. But they will realise in about 2 years that there is not a big power difference

#53 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

@crimsonman1245 said:

Shadowfall is pretty comparable to Crysis 3 maxed out, Second Son beats Sleeping Dogs on PC. I dont know what more you expected at launch from a 400 dollar console.

#54 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23907 posts) -

as long as you are not looking at a vid of kingdom hearts 3 then yes next gen surpasses this gen.

#55 Posted by sukraj (23204 posts) -

Yes it does.

#56 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2675 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

1080p/60fps Killzone SF. Watch it and tell me that's possible on a current gen system. And the game's only using 14 of the 18 CUs with hardly any optimization, ALU or low level Api. The game's just a first gen rushed launch title but still looking godlike.

Let me tell you a secret. It's nothing special that we haven't scene before. Try again.

#57 Posted by Nightflash28 (2125 posts) -

@JordanizPro: You're not making much sense.

"Killzone SF and Infamous SS just have bigger worlds and a bit more things happening on screen. GRAPHICS WISE, it can be done on the ps3 with smaller worlds."
Ergo: it cannot be done on the PS3. Bigger worlds and more things going on also falls under "graphics". You know, more polygons, particles, textures need more processing power.

"If there was a huge leap in technology between current gen and next gen, games like Watch dogs and MGS 5 would not be on the ps3 and 360"
When the last generation arrived (360 / PS3) there was also a number of games that appeared on both the old and the then-new generation consoles. So what? Does that mean that the Ps3 and 360 were only marginally more powerful than their predecessors? Or hat the developers / publishers of such cross-gen titles just wanted to reach as broad an audience as possible?

#58 Edited by gameofthering (10366 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

If you go from console to console then most definitely. If you go from PC to next gen then lolno.

This seems like the best answer.

#59 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

So answer is no, cool.

#60 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

Absolutely. Above a resolution upgrade, you're experiencing what PC gamers have for years. So... Still yes.

#61 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

So answer is no, cool.

Hilarious how you have to bump your own threads. Same with that giveaway... You're really unpopular here, eh?

#62 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@AMD655 said:

So answer is no, cool.

Hilarious how you have to bump your own threads. Same with that giveaway... You're really unpopular here, eh?

Not posted in a couple of days, so maybe i had to sure.

Not sure i am after popularity on an internet forum, try real life?

#63 Posted by lundy86_4 (43751 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@AMD655 said:

So answer is no, cool.

So... Why bump your threads, which have died?

#64 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@AMD655 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@AMD655 said:

So answer is no, cool.

So... Why bump your threads, which have died?

Maybe because a conclusion was made?

How come you are in the top poster list of gamespot? no life?

Why are you asking questions for a reaction?