Does NEOGAF still have a sony bias?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marano94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does NEOGAF still have a sony bias? (18 votes)

YES 72%
NO 28%

I know what you’ll say, the xbox one reveal soured every gamer’s taste and it tarnished the brand, launching 100 dollars more expensive, forcing kinect down people’s throat while still being underpowered coupled with all the drm fiasco was really a recipe for disaster, I understand eveyone’s grudge and microsoft got all the flak they deserved for it, at the time.

Now, I won’t say microsoft reversed all of that negative stuff, but they’ve come a long way trying to regain people’s trust (I didn’t cave in on the xbox one untill december last year admittedly, so it took a while for me to be convinced mind you), but it seems a lot of neogaf is stuck in the past and still holds that grudge, you can’t have a discussion on any positive xbox related news, lest come the console warriors making the thread unbearable for anyone to discuss anything, you know who I am talking about, people like: LewieP, Javin98, Sense, StrongBlackVine, Conduit, Sangetsu-II, Elandyll, Drifting Spirit,serversurfer, RexNovis, ethomaz, Ilovebish, bish himself, cyberheater Xav, Occam, Klyka, K’ Dash, Randam and a lot of other fanboys whom I won’t name here cause it wouldn’t fit the post.

Now don’t get me wrong, there are some good people there and it’s for those people that I keep coming back: Welfare, shira-bansho, statham, donny2112, bgamer90, Y2Kev, Steverulez, CosmicQueso, Chobel, Etta, Allan-bh, ResidentDante, Sommnia, iron creed, U2NUMB, Gowans, neogaffer1, Hawk269, Nepthes, Bear Cub in Sky,pr0cs, Genio88, Grief.exe, Phoenix Fang, Houcuspocus, Falchion, Septic360, Ricky Ricardo, Madness, BeforeU, shandy706, MaulerX there are more good people there, but these are the more prominent posters, point is right now the bad apples seem to far outweigh the good ones.

Of course I couldn’t post it there, calling out sonygaf can get you in trouble but it seems this is an okay place to post this, though it can get ugly here too people are more straight forward about it I don’t even doubt that are some gaffers here as well, but you kinda know what to expect. Your views on the matter?

PS: I don't care if this ends up on neogaf, but I dare someone make a poll exactly like this one there!

• 
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I don't post or browse there so I don't know and don't care.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Who cares? Go ask them.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

I don't go to forums i can't talk, so i have no idea.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

More like PlayStation than Xbox on Neogaf just like any other place in the world. It's not a conspiracy.

The world at large strongly prefers PS4 so why wouldn't a worldwide gaming forum have a similar lean?

Marano94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Marano94
Member since 2015 • 102 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

I don't post or browse there so I don't know and don't care.

@mems_1224 said:

Who cares? Go ask them.

@Ant_17 said:

I don't go to forums i can't talk, so i have no idea.

Can't say the same, as for asking them lol, that wouldn't work.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

They just prefer the superior platform. What's wrong with that?

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StrongBlackVine

@Bigboi500: You should. It is easily the best gaming forum around.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#8 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Y so mad?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Everyone is biased one way or the other and if they say they ain't they are liars. Playstation just has more fans than Xbox. Always has always will.

Marano94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Marano94

@Legend002 said:

@Legend002 said:

It's supposed to be a somewhat neutral board with insiders leaks and all that, now this has nothing to do with what platform is superior, if people there want to discuss something, they should be able to without trolling and things like that, be that thing the ps4, xbox one, wiuu, pc or whatever.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@marano94: Trolling is not allowed there. Being an insider or whatever doesn't mean you can't be biased. I am open about being biased towards Sony on Neogaf, but it is never an issue because I can hold a discussion without resorting to personal or making up things(NyaDC would not last a week on Neogaf for this reason alone).

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

I've considered doing just that, but then I keep hearing bad things about the place. Things like having to wait a year to get in, and that it is a very politically correct environment with little tolerance for anything else. Don't know if it's all true or not, but it does leave cause for concern.

Nothing wrong with a little pc, and I'm all for good behavior, but I don't approve of censorship and hive thinking type environments.

Marano94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Marano94

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Everyone is biased one way or the other and if they say they ain't they are liars. Playstation just has more fans than Xbox. Always has always will.

I beg to differ, it was way different during the wii, 360 and ps3 days.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 NathanDrakeSwag

@Bigboi500 said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

I've considered doing just that, but then I keep hearing bad things about the place. Things like having to wait a year to get in, and that it is a very politically correct environment with little tolerance for anything else. Don't know if it's all true or not, but it does leave cause for concern.

Nothing wrong with a little pc, and I'm all for good behavior, but I don't approve of censorship and hive thinking type environments.

The SJW's are bad. Basically if you say anything not politically correct that a mod disagrees with you'll get banned. If you join its probably best to stick to pure gaming talk.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 StrongBlackVine

@marano94: So one generation out of four where PlayStation hasn't blown the competition away? Last generation was an anomaly.

Marano94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Marano94

@StrongBlackVine said:

@marano94: Trolling is not allowed there. Being an insider or whatever doesn't mean you can't be biased. I am open about being biased towards Sony on Neogaf, but it is never an issue because I can hold a discussion without resorting to personal or making up things(NyaDC would not last a week on Neogaf for this reason alone).

Sure, whatever helps you sleep at night, your username does look familiar though, I wonder where I've seen that, and no I won't reference you troll posts since it's most threads are littered with that you just have to look hard enough.

TheSeptopus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheSeptopus
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

Yeah, let's use the Gamespot forum to avoid a ban and put on blast those who you dislike from Neogaf.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By StrongBlackVine

@NathanDrakeSwag: Yeah I do not discuss social issues there, even when it relates to gaming. The political climate is a bit too progressive for me and lot of people looking for discrimination where it doesn't exist.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NathanDrakeSwag

@marano94 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I beg to differ, it was way different during the wii, 360 and ps3 days.

By the end of last gen the Wii was a distant memory and the 360 was a laughing stock because m$ literally stopped releasing any controller based exclusives for about 3 or 4 years. The goodwill Sony gained in the last half of the PS3's lifespan carried over to the PS4.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 StrongBlackVine

@marano94: I don't troll on Neogaf. I do troll here as that is basically what this place is for.

Marano94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Marano94

@TheSeptopus said:

Yeah, let's use the Gamespot forum to avoid a ban and put on blast those who you dislike from Neogaf.

Lol, you know fully well this wouldn't last 5 minutes there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This is not a forum to discuss other forums.