Does Microsoft have any plans to Compete with the PS4?

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

1080p batman on ps4 / 900p on xbone = Which means the 900p version is stretched over the screen and is not built for my TV. I hate stretched shit I want it to be built for the ground up for my television I don't want a stretched image period for my console experience.

Downloads speeds are horrible on xbox one, it took me 18 hours to download halo mcc I have 60 mbps connection xbone was capping my speed at around 5-15 mbps my ps4 i get 25-35 thats almost double. Its the same internet on both same wifi hitting both there both in the same spot so WTF?

Phil spencer didn't say shit about increasing download speeds he didn't say a word about it this e3 The disc installs take 3 times longer. When I put in dragon age inq on xbone took hours to install put the same game disc into ps4 took 5 minutes WHY WHY WHY WHY? that is not competitive it's just not why is this happening still why are you not competing this is a business you have to compete you have to do it.

Microsoft is not a good software company anymore. The ps4 and sony are the superior software company now as seen by the UI being faster, cleaner, crisper. They are the best software company now imo. There stuff works fast the downloads and disc installs are faster this stuff all comes to software. Sony is now the superior software company.

Xbone online and services down all the time everytime I log into the website some services are down (with the little red message saying warning some services limited every fucking time i login I see this basically. I haven't seen ps4 go down once not fucking once since I've had it not one service has went down.

They didn't fix the xbone controller the bumpers are LOUD as **** on the new ones even the 150 dollar one the bumpers are still loud and are made out of cheap as shit material, this is nothing like a 360 remastered controller quality no just no.

The only upgrade is the headphone jack thats it and the bumpers are still loud as **** and d-pads looks like a steam machine one now and still uses batteries, its plastic not hard like the 360 one and cost 150 dollars doesn't make any sense at all why not fix the all problems instead of just one if your gonna revamp it.

The backwards compatibility was running games like mass effect at 10 fps during intro stage not a big city i am scared. I am scared of what those games look like during big battles. I'm not even gonna try it out still have my 360 so no point at all.

They have none of the big IP's they said you can get fallout 3 ONLY if you buy fallout 4 so if you have fallout 3 disc you can't even run it on this service, this is not free backwards compatibility those big IP games mean nothing from what i've seen which is basically my whole library of games.

So Microsoft repeatedly aren't giving what i want sony is giving me everything they have messed up once the system just flat out works and games, I pop in disc i'm playing 10 mins, i download from the store way faster than the xbone. why the hell would i complain about ps4 at all at this point they've done nothing wrong at all an xbone does everything wrong.

PS4

FF7 Remastered (so far not coming to pc)

Horizon (not coming to pc)

Uncharted 4 (not coming to pc)

Persona 5 (not my kinda game but NOT coming to PC)

Bloodborne (not coming to PC you can only play this on ps4 right now right?)

MLB the show (not coming to pc XBOX DOESNT EVEN HAVE a fucking official baseball game right now nor does PC)

DriveClub (free version coming out tomorrow i hate racers but i still wanna look at it for free)

Order 1886 (not on pc)

XBONE

Ryse (went to pc)

Dead Rising 3(went to pc)

TitanFall (went to pc sequel coming to ps4 WTF prolly 1080p best version)

MCC (rumors of coming to PC even though it said only on xbox one on the game consumers might want to contact lawyers for lying to consumers if this does make its way over they said only on xbox one on the box so thats a lie to consumers if it goes to pc) - that guy major nelson said message received when someone asked him for this an sunset overdrive on pc.

So PS4 has none of its games that are really going to PC and thats why pc gamers embrace the ps4 thats why its selling 25+ million 2x as much as xbone. Microsoft stop embracing pc, your doing it wrong microsoft your so far off course you dunno what course your on and that's why the system isn't selling and your losing tons of market share to sony when you should be even with them at the very least competing.

They need Xbone only exclusives / faster downloads than ps4 / faster installs than ps4 / higher resolution than ps4 / exclusives that are good like bloodborne

Were sick of this being treated like crap by microsoft as an xbone owner i've totally stopped buying multiplats on it, and the exclusive its on pc i don't touch it anymore i'm never using that level of backwards compatibility either id rather use neither ps now or this one.

Oh and im not buying Rise of the Tomb Raider for 60 on xbone release because most of the original tomb raider games probably sold when the game was 20 dollars on ps4

Thats what im gonna wait for since I have both systems ill wait till it comes after it comes out on xbone then wait awhile for pc/ps4 and ill probably get the 20 dollar ps4 version that is 1080p looks sexy and doesn't cost me an arm leg for a new age movie game. I don't want to buy this game brand new on xbone that's the problem I think I wouldn't want to buy it new on ps4 either im waiting for 20 dollars on this, and if doesn't come to ps4 ever ill check it out on pc or xbone, like i said that be better be a full fledged exclusive or your screwed on it cuz people wanna wait for price drops.

I'm not some random 1% forum user I talk to friends all the time about how shitty xbone is so if you think were not affecting the market your living in a alternate reality. Were on the forums were on the comments section, were on twitter, if you don't want to please us thats fine. The casuals will see what were saying all over the fucking internet so its time you fucking listen now before the casuals see what were saying fix your fucking console even big media sites like ign and gamespot are ragging on you let alone hardcore forum people.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I consider my PC to be MS-based which is why I never bothered with the XBox brand.

I have MS Windows, Office, Project, Visio, Visual Studio, Flight Simulator X, keyboards/mouse, webcams, everything except the XBox. He He.

Oh. I thought the FF7 for PS4 is the same one that came out for PC a couple of years back.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX

@mems_1224 said:

Tl;DR. You suck

You bought the xbone and haven't even tried the ps4 I own both so you dunno what im talking about.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Do you have plans to make a good thread

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProtossX

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I consider my PC to be MS-based which is why I never bothered with the XBox brand.

I have MS Windows, Office, Project, Visio, Visual Studio, Flight Simulator X, keyboards/mouse, webcams, everything except the XBox. He He.

Oh. I thought the FF7 for PS4 is the same one that came out for PC a couple of years back.

yeah that port is coming to ps4 (i might get that too if its good) but there's new one being made the remake one.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

Does Sony have plans to compete with the 3DS?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@lostrib said:

Do you have plans to make a good thread

Lol.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

well, Halo 5 and Tomb Raider this Christmas is already a good start

don't play stupid

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

Do you have any plans of shutting the **** up?

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#11 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

@magmadragoonx4: don't think Sony will try to compete with 3DS anymore .

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#12 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

Not much to say about that, basicAlly what I picked up from that was neither console is worth getting.

The ps4 and x1 are relatively evenly matched, the main differences are noticed mostly by digital foundry or fanboys of either system.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ProtossX

@thehig1 said:

Not much to say about that, basicAlly what I picked up from that was neither console is worth getting.

The ps4 and x1 are relatively evenly matched, the main differences are noticed mostly by digital foundry or fanboys of either system.

They aren't evenly matched... did you read anything I said literally like 30 different points of xbone being inferior to the ps4. There not even trying this gen to catch up the updates haven't attacked any of the issues like the downloads and the installs.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I'm not an X1 fan....but I think it's safe to say they have every intentions of competing with Sony and the PS4.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ProtossX

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I'm not an X1 fan....but I think it's safe to say they have every intentions of competing with Sony and the PS4.

When are they gonna start, everyone is buying and playing games on ps4 online and gamers are buying the single player games in 1080p. All the reviews are on ps4 all the online gamers on ps4 whens the show gonna start huggles in the next century or when?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5870 Posts

Which means the 900p version is stretched over the screen and is not built for my TV.

This made me laugh.

Unless you are 2 feet away you cant tell the difference between 1080p and 900p.

Troll bait and not a very good one at that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Lol, stretched image. Stopped reading there

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I like the topic title. Trolling on a simple yet effective level.

That OP though.. I have a rough budget for how many words a day I'll read on SW and that exceeds the quota.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ProtossX

@lamprey263 said:

well, Halo 5 and Tomb Raider this Christmas is already a good start

don't play stupid

People won't have the money for all that stuff if they need blops 3 and destiny dlc and big hitters like star wars bfront and fallout 4 gamers are on budget they can't afford all those titles there gonna the big ones and stuff like those might not sell to hot gamers only got so much cash flow

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ProtossX

@ConanTheStoner said:

That OP though.. I have a rough budget for how many words a day I'll read on SW and that exceeds the quota.

TLDR version = PS4 does almost everything right when I'm using it. XB1 does almost everything wrong when i'm using it. The End.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@ProtossX:

Word.

I don't own an Xbone so I wouldn't know. Then again, I don't own an Xbone because it seems like an inferior PS4. So I guess I half ass agree.

On a side note, how the **** did your grammar/spelling/writing-in-general improve so much recently?

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

Unless you have Superman vision, no one can tell the difference between 1080p and 900p.

Oh, yeah and by the way, your threads suck ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Tl;DR. You suck

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ProtossX: most of what you said was subjective or experiences specific to you, not typical x1 users.

Compared to PC the differences between x1 and ps4 are negligible.

Also I didn't read all your post, your threads are hard to read sometimes.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Stopped reading when i saw who the OP was.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I love the part where he acts like he has played using the new controllers.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@ConanTheStoner said:

TLDR version = PS4 does almost everything right when I'm using it. XB1 does almost everything wrong when i'm using it. The End.

I mostly play fifa ultimate team and i like to play with legendary players, lke pele. You know that soccer/footbal legend that came to EA's E3. Well players like that are not available on the ps4. There are over 40 legends and no way i would be playing this game without these legends.

The controller does indeed suck on the x1, but the PS4's controller is even worse. I use custom controllers.

If i would mind the difference between 900p and 1080p i would buy a pc. Well i actually have a pc. What's also is important is framerate, something the X1 is generally beter at.

Sony a better software company than microsoft? Are you crazy? The ui on the x1 is good enough for me, i can browse the internet while my game is still running.

Backwards compatibility is in beta.

I like my x1, don't care about ps4.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ProtossX

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I love the part where he acts like he has played using the new controllers.

major nelson was using the bumpers and they were making the loud clicking noise still he said they did changes to it but why were they still making loud noises?

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

@ProtossX: that's such a minor problem that it seems as though you're nitpicking honestly.

Lol BC is in beta. Wait till it actually releases.

Sony a better hardware company? Sure. A better software company? Not happening, especially since Microsofts engineers could achieve BC.

And you may want to check your internet. Downloading and installing stuff DOES NOT take that long. That's your individual experience.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Résolution doesn't matter for consolites, it's written 1080p on the back of the box of the game...just like it was last gen.

And obligatory do you have any plans to stop making terrible threads?

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Does Sony have plans to make non-generic games?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56060 Posts

@thedork_knight said:

Stopped reading when i saw who the OP was.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44047 Posts

Whilst you're playing rez. ( very dull and boring but perfect for the PS Bore I suppose ) I'll be playing new retail exclusive games the last half of 2015 like Halo 5, FM6, RotTR, Rare Replay etc. So with that said....

Does Sony have a plan to compete with X1?

Oh and Halo 5 1080P 60fps 24 player online MP and FM6 1080P 60fps 24 cars on track 24 player MP

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

Honestly, I think last E3 put them back in the game.

They just need to deliver on the games they promised in a timely fashion and they should be doing fine, and actually trying to deliver more of their high profile games at times other than the last 3 months of they year would do worlds of good.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@makemefamous07 said:

You must have slow internet lol. My games download fast on X1/ ps3. MCC took me like under 90 minutes to DL. Only other game that took that long to DL was Wolfenstein the old blood but that was digital only so maybe thats why it took a long time but the DLs are not long and no where near 18 hours.

Basically your argument is sony games sucks because i say so MS rules..lol hahahahaaaa

What a pathetic fanboy..lol

@SecretPolice said:

Whilst you're playing rez. ( very dull and boring but perfect for the PS Bore I suppose ) I'll be playing new retail exclusive games the last half of 2015 like Halo 5, FM6, RotTR, Rare Replay etc. So with that said....

Oh and Halo 5 1080P 60fps 24 player online MP and FM6 1080P 60fps 24 cars on track 24 player MP

That last.? Hahahahaa People were dropping Halo 4 a month after coming out and that was on a much bigger user base..hahaha

You even use Rareplay hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

The fun part is how you say i will be playing RETAIL exclusives,another jab an Indies.? From you who love indies but deny them latter.?

Drawn to Death

Tomorrow Children

Tales of Zerstiria

Tearaway

Persona 5

Uncharted collection

Yeah and its graphics on both games look dull and bland.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44047 Posts

@tormentos:

You're simply weak after week after weak after week.... nuff said.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

Well the have scrapped their entire vision of the X1 to try and keep up with current gen 8 console leader PS4.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8031 Posts
@SecretPolice said:

Does the PS4 even have any AAA exclusives (non-remakes) that run at 1080p/60fps yet?.. Considering how important those numbers are to cows and all..

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 John_of_Rivia

@Heil68: have they though?

BC allows you to remove your 360 from the equation and play on one system.

Windows 10 is allowing the streaming of games, music, and movies between your home devices.

Cortana seems an interesting and great addition for users of the Kinect.

They are still bring games to the system of course.

They're allowing cross play between 360 gamers and owners of the X1 (with BC.)

They've dropped the need for a gold subscription to use apps.

While I'm not into the virtual reality thing (I think it looks fairly foolish) the Hololens has caught my attention. It not only has videogaming applications but real world applications as well (I'd imagine only business would adopt it at first, but one can only imagine what it would be like in theater.)

So, all in all, I think Microsoft is keeping true to their vision of making it an all in one device. It took them a while, but they're certainly on the right track.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68

@john_of_rivia said:

@Heil68: have they though?

BC allows you to remove your 360 from the equation and play on one system.

Windows 10 is allowing the streaming of games, music, and movies between your home devices.

Cortana seems an interesting and great addition for users of the Kinect.

They are still bring games to the system of course.

They're allowing cross play between 360 gamers and owners of the X1 (with BC.)

They've dropped the need for a gold subscription to use apps.

While I'm not into the virtual reality thing (I think it looks fairly foolish) the Hololens has caught my attention. It not only has videogaming applications but real world applications as well (I'd imagine only business would adopt it at first, but one can only imagine what it would be like in theater.)

So, all in all, I think Microsoft is keeping true to their vision of making it an all in one device. It took them a while, but they're certainly on the right track.

From the original reveal?

Yes, really.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Tl;DR. You suck

This ^^

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178843 Posts

Fun read.....so many salty tears in this thread.

@mr_huggles_dog said:

In North America....yes. I'm not sure they take the rest of the world seriously.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Go away

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1474 Posts

I'm not reading that.

Avatar image for xCocoTheMonkeyx
xCocoTheMonkeyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xCocoTheMonkeyx
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

@ProtossX: You have got to be one of the dumbest human beings I ever come across on the internet. Please do all of us a favor and stop making threads.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@ProtossX:

Uncharted 4 is not yet released. i.e. you haven't added Xbox One's work-in-progress games. That's double standard.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 John_of_Rivia

@Heil68: Their removal of the always on component and the DRM stuff was a result of fan feedback. Despite that, it still fits into their original view of an all in one device. We still get updates when not using the X1, so I'm not seeing how they've deviated from their original desire to make it an all in one device.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68

@john_of_rivia said:

@Heil68: Their removal of the always on component and the DRM stuff was a result of fan feedback. Despite that, it still fits into their original view of an all in one device. We still get updates when not using the X1, so I'm not seeing how they've deviated from their original desire to make it an all in one device.

So yes, their original vision of the console went in the shitter.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 John_of_Rivia

@Heil68: You stated they removed their entire original vision in order to keep up with the PS4. The only things they've removed were the things fans wanted removed. However, they've STILL made strides to make it an all in one device. So maybe you're right in that they removed their original vision, but they've replaced it with something much better and more aligned with actually making it the One device you'll need in your living room.