Does Guild Wars 2 make ESO look like a terrible prospect?

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Does Guild Wars 2 make ESO look like a terrible prospect? (41 votes)

Yes 63%
No 37%

Guild Wars 2

- Actual role playing (your character creation works into the story) (branching paths)

- No fee outside of initial purchase

- Stunning art direction

- Completely soloable

- Dynamic class and combat system, incredibly robust

- Continued mini expansion pack sized, fully voiced story driven content

- Temporarily jump between worlds (servers) for free

- It's really quite good, really.

Elder Scrolls Online

- Locked class/race

- $80

- Locked mount

- Subscription fee

- Micro transaction shop

- Uninteresting art direction

- Grind, lots of it

- Fetch quests, lots of it

- Console users can't play with each other (separated platforms)

- Other bad stuff

It seems when you have Guild Wars 2 (which killed Old Republic) Elder Scrolls Online just seems like a big black mark on a beautiful white wall painting by a man working for council.

• 
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

ESO looks like complete ass and from what I've heard has nothing new or substantial to the MMO genre except the name and the first person mode. Charging 15 bucks a month will kill it quick unless they have something killed to use that makes other MMOs look weak in comparison Guild Wars is awesome and from what I've heard Star Wats has gotten much better as well and both are F2P with more content than that ass of ESO

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

EA attempted to charge people to run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Your an idiot.

SWTOR has 500k subs and a few million free2play, how did it kill SWTOR?

Guild wars 2 was incredibly overated.... broken casual character custimisation, horrible move limit (at least GW1 offered a mass of custimisation.) lack of trinity system made combat feel like nothing complex.

ESO fixes most of that.

it will be rated lower, but an actual better MMO by a landslide, even its RvRvR is better constructed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup

@MBirdy88 said:

Your an idiot.

You're.

Silly billy.

@MBirdy88 said:

it will be rated lower, but an actual better MMO by a landslide, even its RvRvR is better constructed.

My young friend, sadly, Guild Wars 2 currently has a 90 metacritic. This bypasses your opinion. These child like tears of angry do not change the reality of the situation. It's best to just accept it and move on. Fighting the overwhelming majority is fruitless.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

GW2 is absolutely shitty in every aspect possible but combat system. If you think there's no grind in gw2 you haven't played it... visit their forums, everyone is bitchin how grindy a game that wasn't supposed to be currently is. Its soloable and so easy that you can play blind folded with zero end game, is this good to you? This is atrocious for an mmo. Their "mini expansion packs" are recycled fluffy content even casuals are getting tired of off, i let you guess when the core gamers got enough of this shit. People that don't play or have no played gw2 for long don't know how many colossal problems this game has. This game also has the most braindead balance team seen in video games history and that's not exaggerating at all.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
@silversix_ said:

GW2 is absolutely shitty in every aspect possible but combat system. If you think there's no grind in gw2 you haven't played it... visit their forums, everyone is bitchin how grindy a game that wasn't supposed to be currently is. Its soloable and so easy that you can play blind folded with zero end game, is this good to you? This is atrocious for an mmo. Their "mini expansion packs" are recycled fluffy content even casuals are getting tired of off, i let you guess when the core gamers got enough of this shit. People that don't play or have no played gw2 for long don't know how many colossal problems this game has. This game also has the most braindead balance team seen in video games history and that's not exaggerating at all.

90 metacritic.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 silversix_

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

gg and i have couple of thousands hours in it i think i know better what's good in it and what isn't.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@uninspiredcup:

Guild Wars 2

- Actual role playing (your character creation works into the story) (branching paths) - minor quests at the start of the game. in ESO it has the same you fool. except based on which faction you start with. and then you can do the others after completing the game.

- No fee outside of initial purchase - And yet, no lasting content that is worth anything, little tid bits of content removed after 2 weeks... no real PvE endgame... you get what you pay for.

- Stunning art direction - The art is nice... if you like asian weeabo stuff. to those that like ES... im sure ESO looks better.

- Completely soloable - .... MMO.... completely soloable..... and no... GW2 is not completely solable. just leveling/questing/exploring is. just like ESO... and pretty much any other MMO (modern).

- Dynamic class and combat system, incredibly robust - .... ok I'm done you are trolling.

- It's really quite good, really. - its player base has dropped incredibly considering its review scors, PvP lobbies nearly dead, in the MMO community its character progression and PvE aspects are somewhat of a running joke.

Elder Scrolls Online -

- Locked class/race - For the initial play through, then you are free to go where you like... given that its factions based on races... what is wrong exactly?

- $80 - it really isnt...

- Locked mount - what?

- Subscription fee - Good.

- Micro transaction shop - .... says the guild wars supporter...

- Uninteresting art direction - nice opinion... I guess skyrim sucks.

- Grind, lots of it - how? says the guy supporting the game with Door banging RvRvR .... legendary grinding because the game has no progression.... even grinding and the most grind craptastic implementation of PvE ever... FRACTALS.

I bit the troll bait.... not sure why.

ESO looks like nothing special, but it looks like its fixing alot of the friggin problems with GW2.... the running joke of the MMO AAA's.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup

@MBirdy88 said:

@uninspiredcup:

Guild Wars 2

- Actual role playing (your character creation works into the story) (branching paths) - minor quests at the start of the game. in ESO it has the same you fool. except based on which faction you start with. and then you can do the others after completing the game.

- No fee outside of initial purchase - And yet, no lasting content that is worth anything, little tid bits of content removed after 2 weeks... no real PvE endgame... you get what you pay for.

- Stunning art direction - The art is nice... if you like asian weeabo stuff. to those that like ES... im sure ESO looks better.

- Completely soloable - .... MMO.... completely soloable..... and no... GW2 is not completely solable. just leveling/questing/exploring is. just like ESO... and pretty much any other MMO (modern).

- Dynamic class and combat system, incredibly robust - .... ok I'm done you are trolling.

- It's really quite good, really. - its player base has dropped incredibly considering its review scors, PvP lobbies nearly dead, in the MMO community its character progression and PvE aspects are somewhat of a running joke.

Elder Scrolls Online -

- Locked class/race - For the initial play through, then you are free to go where you like... given that its factions based on races... what is wrong exactly?

- $80 - it really isnt...

- Locked mount - what?

- Subscription fee - Good.

- Micro transaction shop - .... says the guild wars supporter...

- Uninteresting art direction - nice opinion... I guess skyrim sucks.

- Grind, lots of it - how? says the guy supporting the game with Door banging RvRvR .... legendary grinding because the game has no progression.... even grinding and the most grind craptastic implementation of PvE ever... FRACTALS.

I bit the troll bait.... not sure why.

ESO looks like nothing special, but it looks like its fixing alot of the friggin problems with GW2.... the running joke of the MMO AAA's.

My friend, the media said this stuff, not me. The media gave it 90 metacritic, with hundreds of reviews, not me. A simple recanting what the world has already said.

I believe once we get to the core of it, the baseline, as the Americans would say.. the problem is most likely an ego and the outside world not reflecting it, thus producing a baby with a rattle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

pretty sure the bullet points are what you said... matey.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

ya... I played the beta of ESO and it was bad IMO, i liked how everything was voiced, but it was boring, dull graphics, dull art style, combat BLA, Wish they would just make a normal ES with a co-op option where you can have someone come into your world.

GW2 is much more fun game

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

What's with peoples need to compare every MMO to each other, sure GW2 and ESO are both more action oriented MMOs but they're still very different, and each have their strengths and weaknesses.

Also, even with the betas we've yet to see the real meat of ESO so why not wait till you do, i know the first ESO beta i was in i was ready to right it off, but after the second beta i got some time with the PVP and passed lvl 15 and started to really enjoy the game so much so that i pre-purchased.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13  Edited By texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14893 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

Your an idiot.

SWTOR has 500k subs and a few million free2play, how did it kill SWTOR?

Guild wars 2 was incredibly overated.... broken casual character custimisation, horrible move limit (at least GW1 offered a mass of custimisation.) lack of trinity system made combat feel like nothing complex.

ESO fixes most of that.

SWTOR is pretty much he most profitable MMO right now, other than World of Warcraft.

And if Bethesda was any smart, they would use the SWTOR model for payment options.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i quite liked guild wars 2, didn't play it for long though.

no interest in elder scrolls online.

eve online is my mmo.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

I've played both, TESO to level 20...And:

GW2:

+Better animations.

+Better Dyanamic Event system.

+Better Leveling.

+B2P, but garbage updates. Rarely are there new armors, and when there is its from the cash shop and they look like horse shit.

-Garbage balance. LFG is full of "heavy only", PVP is 90% guards and warriors. it's ass if Arenanet lost funds to keep the game updated.

TESO:

+Better graphics and art (I don't like Gw2 korean-MMO looking humanoids).

+++Considerably better RvR. I mean Cyodril rips WvWvW into shreds, and almost everyone who has tried it agrees. This alone is why I'm getting it.

+Better class building and skill system. Its like GW1, which everyone likes over GW2.

+Has actual end game (raids) and trinity, thus its not as casual as GW2. Also mounts.

+IMO better combat. GW2 is WoW combat with window dressing, TESO is full action combat.

-P2P a definitive CON, but may lead to actually decent updates and patches, unlike GW2.

-Can not comment on balance.

Both are good, imo.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#16  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

If they gave Skyrim an online mode like Just Cause 2 online that could have been fun. They could have made that an expansion ($30 for unpolished imbalanced frantic multiplayer) and then have been working on a proper TES game.

As is, they are using so many things that go against the grain of a TES game (phase shifts, locked doors) that it will be looked upon as a spinoff or side project instead of a full value game. And who would pay $80+ for the 'complete edition' that you can play with friends... Also, the quality of the quest content varied wildly and guilds are once again rather meaningless from what I've seen, the animations are bad when you switch directions with WASD comparable to other TES games in third person. Most of the magic has no impact. Downtime in combat is way worse than GW2 WvW. It looked more enjoyable I'll give it that, and I want this game to be good but the negatives are pretty clear the positives are not and the price tag is incredulous.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#17  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Elder Scrolls Online looks like crap and has a terrible retail model but you far oversell Guild Wars 2.

- Actual role playing (your character creation works into the story) (branching paths)

Not really. It's a story much like any Bethesda game and you have little interaction of what actually happens. It's all just for show, the end result is the same.

- No fee outside of initial purchase

Plenty of cash shop items.

- Stunning art direction

Subjective. It's a pretty game but so is Elder Scrolls Online.

- Completely soloable

Not a strong point for an MMORPG.

- Dynamic class and combat system, incredibly robust

Not really at all. Spammy combat with focus on a few builds per class. Abilities tied to weapons limited it too much. Classes felt too flat given the removal of roles.

That's one thing Anet has done well.

Another thing Anet has done well.

- It's really quite good, really.

I find it shallow and without point. Built well but after that it's not that great. The WvWvW turned into a massive grind, the PvE is just unfun with poor boss design, and the lack of a traditional endgame makes me not give a crap about trying to obsessively grind for new gear.

Definitely fell way short of my expectations.

I'm not going to buy ESO on the sole reason that a $60 MMO should not have a pay-to-win cashshop and monthly fee. The rest of the game looks too generic and doesn't feel like an MMO. The RvR is the only thing that ESO has going for it that looks really good. It takes a lot of what GW2 tries to do and actually does it well. Everybody so fair has praised that part of the game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Wasdie said:

Elder Scrolls Online looks like crap and has a terrible retail model but you far oversell Guild Wars 2.

Not really. It's a story much like any Bethesda game and you have little interaction of what actually happens. It's all just for show, the end result is the same.

My young friend, this is factually wrong. The decision created upon creating the character reflects directly in the story. With the option of three branching paves around 1/2 into the story. In MMO terms this is groundbreaking. I might read the rest of your post later however, generally speaking starting a point with a statement being factually wrong is certainly not a good sign. From the looks of the poll results, everyone agrees with me anyway. History will as well, most likely.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

@Wasdie said:

My young friend, this is factually wrong. The decision created upon creating the character reflects directly in the story. With the option of three branching paves around 1/2 into the story. In MMO terms this is groundbreaking. I might read the rest of your post later however, generally speaking starting a point with a statement being factually wrong is certainly not a good sign.

The stories don't radically change much throughout the character's life and your actions don't change the outcome much at all. It's no different than other MMOs that came before it. Even with WoW you get a whole different quest line depending on what character you pick. Stop trying to make it out to be something it's not.

Also, again, who the hell plays an MMO for the single player content? That is not the point of an MMO. Why the heck are you praising the game for its single player content? Sure you can have friends help you with the quests, but as you said the game is soloable. That's not a positive thing for an MMO.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Wasdie said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Wasdie said:

My young friend, this is factually wrong. The decision created upon creating the character reflects directly in the story. With the option of three branching paves around 1/2 into the story. In MMO terms this is groundbreaking. I might read the rest of your post later however, generally speaking starting a point with a statement being factually wrong is certainly not a good sign.

So it's like multiple Bethesda games at the beginning.

Not MMO's. Living world with server my friend. Supremely different.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

gg and i have couple of thousands hours in it i think i know better what's good in it and what isn't.

"GW2 is absolutely shitty in every aspect possible but combat system."

"i have couple of thousands hours in it"

So the options as I see them are.

1. You're in denial and the game is good.

2. You're some kind of deranged moron who plays games he hates for multiple thousands of hours.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

ESO has no pay to win cash shop, only one just like WoW's with stuff like server transfer.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

2. You're some kind of deranged moron who plays games he hates for multiple thousands of hours.

My friend this always makes me laugh. I see the young people on the steam forums say "diz game suckz, **** you dev's, scam!!!!!" then one simply has to look at there profile to see hundreds (if not thousands of hours put into it).

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

MMO gamers have raised their expectations so high I don't think they will ever be happy. GW2 is a fun game but I can't dedicate tons of time to an mmo. I was in the last ESO beta and it seems ok. GW2 has better visuals and combat though.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator

@uninspiredcup said:

Not MMO's. Living world with server my friend. Supremely different.

Not only should you check out the edit I made to that post, you should stop using marketing jargon as an argument.

There is very little dynamic about Guild War 2's world. The dynamic quests are actually scripted and fire off at certain times. None of it has any permanent effect on the world. In a single play session you'll find same same "dynamic" quests pop up in the same zone.

That's not a living world. There is no cause an effect, just scripts running on a timer.

I was hyped for the game. I preordered and played it quite a bit when it came out. I was just extremely disappointed when I got to level 80 and realized that everything they promised about the game pretty much ended up as smoke and mirrors. The WvWvW was crap, the PvE was poorly designed, the dungeons weren't fun, the lack of roles made the game feel flat, and the dynamic world stuff all ended up being scripted events playing out in order.

I was disappointed.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup

@GoldenElementXL said:

MMO gamers have raised their expectations so high I don't think they will ever be happy. GW2 is a fun game but I can't dedicate tons of time to an mmo. I was in the last ESO beta and it seems ok. GW2 has better visuals and combat though.

Ah yes, something not brought up as well (along with the ground breaking combat and story-telling)... the player has the option to fast travel at almost no expensive. No shitty ruinstone that can be used every 20-40 minutes. Very much like Bethesda titles, once a area is found and unlocked, you can simply fast travel.

Likewise, to stop issues with leveling (i.e. my friend is a much higher level) the player will automatically down level allowing him or her to replay content or missed content. Extraordinary.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

... is guild wars the only mmo people have played here? "Great combat" ... it has nothing to it... 5 moves with no rotation, just fire them off when they are on cooldown.... and a bunch of support moves that feel "meh".... hoenstly. the only way I can picture this is:

Peopel who play GW2 are so casual they don't care to do anything clever in combat... they just like flashy DPS and roll crap with no roles... no nothing. its crap... it maybe smooth animation wise... but its absolutly some of the most mindless combat I have ever played in an MMO.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wasdie  Moderator

@MBirdy88 said:

... is guild wars the only mmo people have played here? "Great combat" ... it has nothing to it... 5 moves with no rotation, just fire them off when they are on cooldown.... and a bunch of support moves that feel "meh".... hoenstly. the only way I can picture this is:

Peopel who play GW2 are so casual they don't care to do anything clever in combat... they just like flashy DPS and roll crap with no roles... no nothing. its crap... it maybe smooth animation wise... but its absolutly some of the most mindless combat I have ever played in an MMO.

Exactly this. Elder Scrolls Online looks pretty much the same.

I have some hopes for Wildstar but it could easily fall to the same trap. Everquest Next could be good too but I fear it will follow GW2 when it comes to combat.

I play WoW but that's based on traditional RPG style combat, so it's quite dull. I have yet to play an MMO with "action" based combat that has been any good. I hear great things about Tera though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Wasdie said:

@MBirdy88 said:

Exactly this. Elder Scrolls Online looks pretty much the same.

I have some hopes for Wildstar but it could easily fall to the same trap. Everquest Next could be good too but I fear it will follow GW2 when it comes to combat.

I play WoW but that's based on traditional RPG style combat, so it's quite dull. I have yet to play an MMO with "action" based combat that has been any good. I hear great things about Tera though.

Tera's combat is decent.... it is action combat, but in the end it largely boils down to the same as hotkey combat... especially while leveling. Though I did not raid so I can't comment.... while its combat was great.... everything else was terrible... how to put it... graphics and combat... fantastic.... but every supporting system (Quests, Story and other distractions) were very bland... it was hard to remain interested.

Elder Scrolls combat... is kind of a weird mix between hotkey and elder scrolls (imo not as good. sadly.) it has some potential, but again limited by the 8 move limit... which seems to be the case now because the industry thinks most gamers don't have the intelligence to handle more... its sad. GW1 worked well because of the sheer build possibilities.

WoW still does hotkey combat best.... even now... loads of moves on each class to use... and the actual combat rotations are better than ever.... a shame they made all classes similar though.

ESO ... does have the trinity system... which imo is a win on its own... actually be able to tank and heal is big... how GW2 managed to spin these rolls as a "bad thing" is beyond stupid... and the people that bought into it.

"But but it makes grouping faster" ... ironic considering GW2 was one of the slowest games I ever played to get into groups for PvE .... but then that could be largely to do with the fact that the dungeons/fractals were terrible... and rewardless.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By KungfuKitten
@uninspiredcup said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Ah yes, something not brought up as well (along with the ground breaking combat and story-telling)... the player has the option to fast travel at almost no expensive. No shitty ruinstone that can be used every 20-40 minutes. Very much like Bethesda titles, once a area is found and unlocked, you can simply fast travel.

Likewise, to stop issues with leveling (i.e. my friend is a much higher level) the player will automatically down level allowing him or her to replay content or missed content. Extraordinary.

Having a personal story was cool too, and I liked not having a quest log. Being able to help people instead of avoiding people like in WoW because they were only a hindrance. There's no killsteal, no need or greed, no need to invite to party before you can contribute. Those were some big steps forward for the MMO genre, and are the only reason I'm worried that EQ:Next might feel like a very old game if it hasn't learned all it can from GW2. (I love the artstyle of EQ:Next I SO hope that the game is going to be fantastic.)

Do have to agree what people say about balancing though. GW2 felt extremely unbalanced to me. My warrior and guardian were a walk in the park compared to my other characters. And the lack of a trinity did create very chaotic fights with some lack of coordination. It's not easy to think of a combat system in which the healer isn't always the one to blame but that is still coordinated.

You would need different roles but everyone would need to be able to take care of themselves... or so.

Oh and the best thing of GW2? Levelling didn't take longer the further you got. It has some bumps but it keeps going pretty fast which is something all other RPG's should learn from!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By uninspiredcup

@MBirdy88 said:

:

Peopel who play GW2 are so casual they don't care to do anything clever in combat...

My friend, my 7 year old nephew plays it and he can spell "people". They must be redirecting resources elsewhere.

Fucking casuals.

Seriously though chumling, I disagree with that argument that casual is inherently bad. Even looking a few posts above we have a poor fellow with little time to partake in such buffoonery.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@uninspiredcup said:

@GoldenElementXL said:

Yea, leaving out that even when they toned down the scaling... all the content that player does is still pretty much a joke. sure you wont one shot everything, but you can charge into a room and kill every mob you see... quite comfortably. at least as a Guardian I did.... flawed flawed flawed.

Kinda "preference" though, I and many others would argue "I level, progressed my character to become this strong... why would I want to downscale?" .... good MMOs like FF11 gave you the choice see Cup. and FF14 does to a lesser extent with active events.

Guild Wars 2 ... taking the rpg out of rpg.... taking character progression out of the rpg. taking class roles out of the rpg.

Guild Wars 2 ... designed by a lead designer woman than came from microsoft's kinectimals ..... and admitted she never played guild wars 1.... shocking.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@uninspiredcup said:

@MBirdy88 said:

:

Peopel who play GW2 are so casual they don't care to do anything clever in combat...

My friend, my 7 year old nephew plays it and he can spell "people". They must be redirecting resources elsewhere.

Fucking casuals.

Seriously though chumling, I disagree with that argument that casual is inherently bad. Even looking a few posts above we have a poor fellow with little time to partake in such buffoonery.

my friend, typos are typos.

Casual is bad if you like games that make you think, that have challenge, that have skill ceilings... because games aimed at them often lack that. and is the reason why GW2's pvp lobbies are almost dead... and no one bothers with it who likes PvE... a hint... the majority of MMO players.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I will not play MMOs that have a monthly fee.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By uninspiredcup

@MBirdy88 said:

Casual is bad if you like games that make you think, that have challenge, that have skill ceilings... because games aimed at them often lack that.

But no MMO makes you think beyond Eve Online. And that's a screensaver.

Casual games primarily derived for titles like Tetris, a puzzle title.

Casual titles such as Professor Layton and Portal involve more thinking than "hardcore" titles. Indeed many can simply be summed up as "repetition".

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 silversix_

@Jankarcop said:

I've played both, TESO to level 20...And:

GW2:

+Better animations.

+Better Dyanamic Event system.

+Better Leveling.

+B2P, but garbage updates. Rarely are there new armors, and when there is its from the cash shop and they look like horse shit.

-Garbage balance. LFG is full of "heavy only", PVP is 90% guards and warriors. it's ass if Arenanet lost funds to keep the game updated.

TESO:

+Better graphics and art (I don't like Gw2 korean-MMO looking humanoids).

+++Considerably better RvR. I mean Cyodril rips WvWvW into shreds, and almost everyone who has tried it agrees. This alone is why I'm getting it.

+Better class building and skill system. Its like GW1, which everyone likes over GW2.

+Has actual end game (raids) and trinity, thus its not as casual as GW2. Also mounts.

+IMO better combat. GW2 is WoW combat with window dressing, TESO is full action combat.

-P2P a definitive CON, but may lead to actually decent updates and patches, unlike GW2.

-Can not comment on balance.

Both are good, imo.

well now spvp is all about decap engis,,,,,,, even better, NOT. It takes them SIX FKING MONTHS to nerf Healing Sig, a skill EVERYONE is telling them OP and when they do it (supposed to be March 18th) its only by 8%... Atrocious team working on the game's content and balance.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 KungfuKitten
@silversix_ said:

@Jankarcop said:

well now spvp is all about decap engis,,,,,,, even better, NOT. It takes them SIX FKING MONTHS to nerf Healing Sig, a skill EVERYONE is telling them OP and when they do it (supposed to be March 18th) its only by 8%... Atrocious team working on the game's content and balance.

Yeah the balance and uncoordinated team combat (dungeons mainly) are my main gripes with GW2. I know every MMO is unbalanced to a degree but with GW2 it's a little out of whack.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 silversix_
@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

1- Visit the official forums to see how in denial im.

2- There's nothing to play. Im not even talking about another mmo but games in general.

3- i still play it because the combat is awesome and hope for the best. Also like to 1v1 ppl in wvw.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vaasman

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

2- There's nothing to play. Im not even talking about another mmo but games in general.

3- i still play it because the combat is awesome and hope for the best. Also like to 1v1 ppl in wvw.

You are in denial, it's not very subtle either.

Magescrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By Magescrew
Member since 2008 • 541 Posts

Dude, people have been saying that ESO would be terrible for a while now (see http://www.gainsense.com/2014/01/the-elder-scrolls-online-will-be.html for my personal favorite take on this).

As far as MMOs go GW2 and SWTOR both offer more as F2P games than ESO offers as a subscription game, which is pretty sad. People should just stick to Skyrim.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By silversix_

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

Yeah! The game gets the 10/10 from agryjoe and tone of other reviews. You dislike things in the game=in denial. DO those reviewers still play the game? No, they all left over a year ago. If this game was to be reviewed today it'd be happy to score 7/10. Its abysmal patch after another with zero 'meaty' contend added to the game since November 2012, yaaaaaaa 2012... there's nothing to eve be in denial for, the game started awesomely and went downhill at 300km since Living Story began. Maybe you're in denial telling yourself the game is 9/10 or 10/10 worthy because reviewers said so? Play the game for longer than 10h before talking.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vaasman

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

Yeah! The game gets the 10/10 from agryjoe and tone of other reviews. You dislike things in the game=in denial. DO those reviewers still play the game? No, they all left over a year ago. If this game was to be reviewed today it'd be happy to score 7/10. Its abysmal patch after another with zero 'meaty' contend added to the game since November 2012, yaaaaaaa 2012... there's nothing to eve be in denial for, the game started awesomely and went downhill at 300km since Living Story began. Maybe you're in denial telling yourself the game is 9/10 or 10/10 worthy because reviewers said so? Play the game for longer than 10h before talking.

Actually, I've played the game for a time period comparable to your own. I love the game, I don't actively play atm, but that's because I don't have any free time and too much of a back-catalog. I'd gladly go back at some point down the line. And I wouldn't have to make bullshit excuses for why I'm playing because I'd be having fun with it. I enjoy the combat, the art, the exploration, the sound, the pvp elements, not so much the lobby system but the actual meat of it, story is lame, but I like the choices affecting gameplay aspect of it.

So it's the deranged lunatic then, got it. You could have just said that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@Magescrew said:

Dude, people have been saying that ESO would be terrible for a while now (see http://www.gainsense.com/2014/01/the-elder-scrolls-online-will-be.html for my personal favorite take on this).

As far as MMOs go GW2 and SWTOR both offer more as F2P games than ESO offers as a subscription game, which is pretty sad. People should just stick to Skyrim.

stupid rant with assumptions and miss information. for starters he thinks bethesda is making it. I couldnt be bothered to read it all, it was gibberish.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

Actually, I've played the game for a time period comparable to your own. I love the game, I don't actively play atm, but that's because I don't have any free time and too much of a back-catalog. I'd gladly go back at some point down the line. And I wouldn't have to make bullshit excuses for why I'm playing because I'd be having fun with it. I enjoy the combat, the art, the exploration, the sound, the pvp elements, not so much the lobby system but the actual meat of it, story is lame, but I like the choices affecting gameplay aspect of it.

Just read a little bit of this since you haven't been playing for ages. Now, if you seriously think that playing cuz of great combat and hoping for anet to change their shit (everyone hates LS, this thing will be gone this March) is a "bullshit excuse", i cannot help you, breh. How can this be even considered as an excuse is kinda funny lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup

Matey, no need to feel ashamed with the peer pressure. It's a 90 metacritic game. Regardless of what the young cynical minority nobody cares about people attempt to spin. Look at the poll, everyone agrees.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Vaasman

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman said:

@silversix_ said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@silversix_ said:

90 metacritic.

Just read a little bit of this since you haven't been playing for ages. Now, if you seriously think that playing cuz of great combat and hoping for anet to change their shit (everyone hates LS, this thing will be gone this March) is a "bullshit excuse", i cannot help you, breh. How can this be even considered as an excuse is kinda funny lol

That's exactly what it is though. You've convinced yourself that a game is "shitty in every way possible" except for a single thing, and that that one single thing is enough to keep anyone playing, for THOUSANDS OF HOURS. Such bullshit, and not even cleverly hidden bullshit either, it's stinking and festering in plain sight.

What is it about this game that keeps you from admitting that you like it, I wonder? Maybe it's just the popularity? Like when people bitch about WoW or LoL or CoD I guess, and then still play anyway. I would never call any of them shitty in every way except one, and still be playing them. Only a fucking moron would still play a game they felt that way about.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 silversix_

@Vaasman: Okay, lets say GW2 is amazing. At what is this game so great at and please don't bring bullshit points such as "the sound". i mean, wtf is that? the sound is good? really? the sound is good!!!... I'll tell you what's up. Dungeons were bad since day one because they had none existent reward system, ugly armors/weapons (for the most part) and after you've gotten your set why the hell would you keep playing them? Everything is soulbound to your acc, you can't make any money as you could have in uw/fow in gw1 so you're just doing it for 'fun'. Do you think its fun to stack up (cheesing AI. deep strats gw2 style) a year n a half later for greens/blues that you salvage a sec after dungeon path is done and forget they even dropped? and im not even mentioning how much nerfs every single dungeon has received, its like they were nerfed so soccer mom could play them or something... You will not find an mmo with easier and less rewarding dungeons in any game. There's absolutely no incentive to do anything in this game but stand afk in a city cuz that's the real end game. I dunno, i wanted to write a wall of text of all the poor things in this game but something tells me you're delusional or lying about your gw2 play time so i won't bother, dungeon's point is enough, its the primary end game in every mmo and its something GW2 doesn't have at all.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I have yet to play an MMO with "action" based combat that has been any good.

90% sure you meant MMORPG, but just in case I'm going to throw Planetside 1&2 and Eve Online out.

As for GW2 and the ability to solo, I actually like that aspect of it. I usually play with my guild but sometimes I just like exploring and poking around obscure parts of the map, and GW2 does an awesome job at making it both interesting and rewarding. No need to LFG just to see what's inside that little cave behind the waterfall over there.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#49 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

It seems when you have Guild Wars 2 (which killed Old Republic) Elder Scrolls Online just seems like a big black mark on a beautiful white wall painting by a man working for council.

Actually, The Old Republic is grossing higher revenues than Guild Wars 2, so it didn't really "kill" anything in terms of revenues, unless you mean critical acclaim.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Vaasman

@silversix_ said:

@Vaasman: Okay, lets say GW2 is amazing. At what is this game so great at and please don't bring bullshit points such as "the sound". i mean, wtf is that? the sound is good? really? the sound is good!!!... I'll tell you what's up. Dungeons were bad since day one because they had none existent reward system, ugly armors/weapons (for the most part) and after you've gotten your set why the hell would you keep playing them? Everything is soulbound to your acc, you can't make any money as you could have in uw/fow in gw1 so you're just doing it for 'fun'. Do you think its fun to stack up (cheesing AI. deep strats gw2 style) a year n a half later for greens/blues that you salvage a sec after dungeon path is done and forget they even dropped? and im not even mentioning how much nerfs every single dungeon has received, its like they were nerfed so soccer mom could play them or something... You will not find an mmo with easier and less rewarding dungeons in any game. There's absolutely no incentive to do anything in this game but stand afk in a city cuz that's the real end game. I dunno, i wanted to write a wall of text of all the poor things in this game but something tells me you're delusional or lying about your gw2 play time so i won't bother, dungeon's point is enough, its the primary end game in every mmo and its something GW2 doesn't have at all.

Ah so that's what this is really about, you're just yet another crybaby who can't stand an MMO that doesn't have endgame content. You are more than welcome to stop playing and come back when there's enough new content, then stop again. I know, it's crazy. Not playing a game when you're tired of it, a game that you have no perceived commitment to continue playing no less.

And here's the real kicker of the post too, you say there's no incentive to do anything but sit in a city afk, yet you're saying you still play, and have played for thousands of hours, because of the combat, which you can never see in a city. lol. What a joke. Just like I told you, it's denial, or moron. It could be both, it can't be neither.

Maybe you should calm down on the butthurt a bit there. You're not even making sense anymore.

And yes, the sound is great in the game, that is a point that I can compliment it on, one among many others that I listed and you decided to gloss over. It has a good soundtrack and sound design in general was very good, with only occasional dips like a crappy voice actor or two. Your post implies that every single aspect of the game besides combat is "shitty" which is blatantly false, no matter how you look at it.