Does Destiny have the most helpful community?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I been playing Destiny almost daily since the day it came out and one thing that i have noticed the most would be how helpful the community is.

everytime i play the Raid with friends we always end up being 1 person short ( Raid requires 6 players ) and there is always someone who randomly comes in to give us a hand at the raid, every single time someone come to fight the monsters you fight and help out and they dont even get any rewards or even have access to the raid fyi.

there were also many times where people from far away would wave to you and point, just randomly pointing at you just to show you that there is a hidden treasure chest.

in games like FF14 which has more players on-screen than destiny no one even heals you if you needed it lol ( i probably the only person who heals any random player who's out of HP in this game lol )

which online games do you think has helpful community?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@sts106mat said:

nope. not in my experience.

I played several strikes, that went well, but i played just as many where people randomly quit when things got tough.....not fun

Also several bastards who think that the loot caves should only be for them and start hitting you (even though it does nothing) when you try.

If there was some sort of way to trade items, it might have helped, but alas destiny is shit.

Not one time have i encountered people leaving the strikes ( its seriously a first that i dont see people leaving in the middle of an online game or match ) and i played a lot of strikes ( many for the exotic bounties ).

BUT i did have an experience with the second part you mentioned with people hitting you in-front of a loot cave ( guess the hitting means you gotta leave this loot cave is mine? ) which makes no sense since the loot you get is yours and yours only, no matter how many people there are infront of the cave only YOU can see the loot and earn it but it did happen to me once.

no trading sure suck but i guess it makes sense i mean anyone will probably just try to sell their exotic on ebay or something but at the same time they should have made some sort of limitation and allowed trading, whatever it does help to just remove the items and get shards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Anecdotal examples that go against most people's experience + Firestar's over loving of casual shooters =

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

People don't join your raids because they are such helpful souls, they join because for most people Raids are prohibitive due to the lack of matchmaking, and you have to play them in order to get the best gear in the game. I'm not saying they aren't helpful, just saying it's the invisible hand at play.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

OMG TC is stupid. He clearly never played any PC Steam Valve game. People ask help and community always helps. Team Fortress 2, Dota, CounterStrike, Portal, Left 4 Dead. DONT EVER MAKE CREATE THREAD WHEN YOU DONT EVEN CHECK PC STEAM FORUM!!!

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Overall I've found the Destiny community to be a bunch of selfish and shady dumbasses, just like every other fps community.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

it copies aspects of an mmo

It is an fps

You seriously asked this?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

A console community "helpful"?

That's a good one.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: you listed some of the worst online communities. I would know because I'm part of them

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@finalstar2007: For Raids though you are joining others with a goal in mind. Strikes are different because you can solo any of the Strikes, unlike Raids which demand all six people.

The Destiny community is as helpful as any other community. Bungie just promotes their website so people are familiar with where to go for any assistance.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lostrib

Back when I played GW2 it was probably the most helpful and nice (outside cof p1 runs)

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

OMG TC is stupid. He clearly never played any PC Steam Valve game. People ask help and community always helps. Team Fortress 2, Dota, CounterStrike, Portal, Left 4 Dead. DONT EVER MAKE CREATE THREAD WHEN YOU DONT EVEN CHECK PC STEAM FORUM!!!

L4D is rage quit heaven

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@Liquid_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

L4D is rage quit heaven

Not to mention vote kicking people left and right

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

That's a good one.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Destiny's community is very toxic... What you've experienced is probably a few people that won't be playing destiny for so long. Hence the "friendlies." I consider dota 2 a more friendly community than desiny but, that's just me.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I have yet to play and feel like a team. Strikes just seem to be 2 other people playing single player in my game. He'll anymore I seem to be lucky to even get 2 other people in my game. I tried to do daily and weeklys and was put into game solo

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

@sts106mat they might have been hitting you because you were standing too close to the cave. That slows down the spawning. Not that it matters anymore since the cave has been patched for weeks.

On topic, no I don't feel the community is any different than other communities. There are good players and bad players. People going AFK during strikes to get the don't die bounty is a growing problem for example.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@sts106mat said:

I played several strikes, that went well, but i played just as many where people randomly quit when things got tough.....not fun

I hate that shit. That happened to me last night (completed it anyway). If you don't want to do a complete strike DON'T FUCKING JOIN.

I think what people are doing is hoping a good piece of loot drops and leaving after a while.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 heretrix

@AutoPilotOn said:

I have yet to play and feel like a team. Strikes just seem to be 2 other people playing single player in my game. He'll anymore I seem to be lucky to even get 2 other people in my game. I tried to do daily and weeklys and was put into game solo

I don't think the daily and weekly strikes have matchmaking.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Liquid_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

L4D is rage quit heaven

There was a time when that wasn't the case, but it's been a very long time since those days.

But having bad experiences in L4D lead me to discover Killing Floor which makes me chub just thinking about. That game has a fantastic community.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

Where do you find party members for raids?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BldgIrsh

@Arthas045: destinylfg.net is where I go for most groups.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@bldgirsh: Thank you sir, didn't even know this was a thing....

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By heretrix

@bldgirsh said:

@Arthas045: destinylfg.net is where I go for most groups.

I think I'm going to run that on a laptop while I play. I'm working up the courage to attempt the Vault but I need better gear. I need to run some more higher level strikes..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I imagine the community would be much worse if you could actually talk to one another publicly.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The thing we are overlooking here is what console are you playing Destiny on that has that helpful/not helpful community. We both know both online communities are totally different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

I really like the Dark Souls 2 community on the PC, most of the ones I met are nice and helpful and can have fun even when they're invading.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#31  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

World of Warcraft, depending HEAVILY on server, and also assuming you avoid using cross-server matchmaking. Nothing keeps people in line more than transparency of reputation on a server.

Team Fortress 2, but it depends even more heavily on the server. Official servers are usually so-so. There can be some very friendly servers where everyone tends to chill, while the admin takes an active and fair approach. However, at the same time there can be some horrendous servers where the admin is an 8 year old who bans everyone who kills him.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Liquid_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

L4D is rage quit heaven

TF2 - full of kids emoting instead of playing, playing deathmatch on other game modes and don't do objectives ... and spam stupid smileys and "REKT".

DoTA 2 - most angry agressive community in existance.

Counterstrike - Ummm... havn't played in a long time can't comment.

Portal - Co-op troll paradise.

Left4Dead - rage quitters.

That being said, still love the games.

Destiny = can't interact with people... because developers are stupid.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
@MBirdy88 said:

@lostrib said:

@Liquid_ said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

L4D is rage quit heaven

TF2 - full of kids emoting instead of playing, playing deathmatch on other game modes and don't do objectives ... and spam stupid smileys and "REKT".

DoTA 2 - most angry agressive community in existance.

Counterstrike - Ummm... havn't played in a long time can't comment.

Portal - Co-op troll paradise.

Left4Dead - rage quitters.

That being said, still love the games.

Destiny = can't interact with people... because developers are stupid.

Somewhat true.
But TF2 is always fun.
A loosing game in DoTA2 can be as good as an epic win.
I guess its down to the individual and matchmaking, like most online games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45895 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

everytime i play the Raid with friends we always end up being 1 person short ( Raid requires 6 players ) and there is always someone who randomly comes in to give us a hand at the raid, every single time someone come to fight the monsters you fight and help out and they dont even get any rewards or even have access to the raid fyi.

there were also many times where people from far away would wave to you and point, just randomly pointing at you just to show you that there is a hidden treasure chest.

Those examples you described don't make me think of a game with the most helpful community.

He gets no rewards ? And? People that used to play MP shooters before last gen never got any rewards. Rewards are not an integral part of a shooter or a deciding factor it's fun or not. Should people play this game just for the rewards ? Is that the only thing that makes it fun to do ?

The chest pointing is nice, yes. But doesn't make me think 'most helpful community'

When I think of that I think of a game like Red Orchestra 2. A game that's really hard to get in to and it has barely any tutorials. People jump into the game and pick the commander class. Thing is they have no clue what a commander should do and if you have a bad commander that could mean your side loses the game. So people in that game were very helpful, very explanatory and what they could and should do in that roll. People spend a lot of their time just to get someone else, some random person playing, up to snuff.

Sure in some cases people go "learn to play the game noob" or "drop out of the commander role". But most of the time they were very helpful.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

Heck no.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BldgIrsh

@heretrix: Lil suggestion for the raid. Make sure to have ammo synthesis and for the first playthrough having communication is key. Warlock > Titan > Hunter for the raid as well. If you have blues for any of your three weapons then I'd suggest to be at least 26, 27 preferable. I have completed it on my lvl 25 alt but that's because I had past knowledge and exotic/legendary gear. The raid is very fun with a team of people who have yet to witness it. Best of luck and may RNG bless you.

Avian005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#37 Avian005
Member since 2009 • 4112 Posts

During the first week of release, I encountered nothing but helpful players. I honestly the community of Destiny was excellent, until around the second week. All the good players left and the only one who stayed behind were the usual console players who will quit for any reason what-so-ever. I haven't played a decent strike in weeks, and the game feels so barren now with more and more people leaving. The game isn't even fun to play anymore...

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Not really, i've ran in to so many leechers/afk'ers in strikes/crucible it boggles the mind why they'd buy the game in the first place if they've no intention of playing it.

Just today i did one strike (1 of the 5 i need for the Invective 5 strikes without dying so i did low level devils lair) was me 30, a 28 and a 29, the 29 guy hides behind some crates during the mesh layer section, i think fine maybe he's taking care of some personal shit, so i let it go. We get to the Fallen Walker, again this same 29 guy hides in the entrance to the area till the boss is dead, it's clear now he no intention of putting in any effort. We get to sepiks and the same guy is once again hiding in a safe area, now it'd be ok if this was a rare occurrence but it's exactly the opposite.

Then there's the forums, and the incessant cries for nerfs or "he's better than me boo hoo, fix it", shite. The tears broke my Mythoclast the bastads.

Maybe it's different with raids, i've always got buddies to do raids with so never experienced how randomers behaved in that regard.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

lol have u ever visited bungie forums? if u think sw is bad take a trip there. most helpful community ive experienced is team fortress 2 pc

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15529 Posts

Guild Wars 1 and 2 both have excellent communities from my experiences. Lots of people willing to help you or invite you to guilds without being pushy or anything. In 2, pretty much the entire PvE experience is made around strangers coming together spontaneously. You are encouraged and rewarded for working together. From a player standpoint, I never had a bad experience with either, which says a lot considering how much I played both and how easy it was for a random jerk to come along at any point.

Destiny can't really compare. You're interaction with other players is so strangled in that game, all you can really do together is work towards the same mission goals. Even if you don't get griefers, it's still a very unrewarding community experience.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#41 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14409 Posts

Who cares, the game is a colossal flop.

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Notorious1234NA

@bldgirsh: a MOBA that's friendly lulz rich.

Anymore fairy tales wish to share?

Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Notorious1234NA

@speedfreak48t5p: nope, only a moron thinks game cost half a billion to produce, it's strong and ever increasing fan base ensures future profitability through DLC.

It was a cash cow and people bought it. Only failed in ratings

funkmaster1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By funkmaster1233
Member since 2014 • 706 Posts

@Jebus213 said:

That's a good one.

I've just been playing Archeage + DotA 2 and I have never in my life received so much unwarranted abuse in an online game. Even when I played Halo 2 and spoke in my brilish faggit accent to 3 Americans it still wasn't nearly as bad.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BldgIrsh

@notorious1234na: Hence personal experience. Dota's community hasn't been as terrible as destiny and its forums has been.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61411 Posts

Not sure. I just recently started playing.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#47 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

Ask them. If they help, probably true.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

MWO. The Comstar NA are great!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#49 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

The thing we are overlooking here is what console are you playing Destiny on that has that helpful/not helpful community. We both know both online communities are totally different.

Fair and unbiased. Way to go Mr. O'Reilly, LOL I jest.

But I did play on X1 and I had nothing but good experiences with players there. Now that I am in the CUNY residence hall in Brooklyn that has WiFi that is ASS, I can even stay connected with my console. It blows here.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@funkmaster1233 said:
@Jebus213 said:

That's a good one.

I've just been playing Archeage + DotA 2 and I have never in my life received so much unwarranted abuse in an online game. Even when I played Halo 2 and spoke in my brilish faggit accent to 3 Americans it still wasn't nearly as bad.

Welcome to competitive games.

I've gotten plenty of death threats and racism in video games. If you can't handle what some sperging 14 year old or man child says over the microphone then you should probably stop playing multiplayer games altogether. Hell, get off the Internet.

I'm pretty sure there is a DotA or Archeage community forum that is "helpful". Also these are completely different. If you're expecting people to be helpful and nice in the middle of a DotA match you're kinda dumb.