Does anyone else feel betrayed by Sony and this PS4 Neo?

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By elkoldo
Member since 2009 • 1832 Posts

Millions of people have already paid a hard-earned 400$ to get their PS4s; Take myself as an example: Just a few weeks back, with the release of Uncharted 4, I finally gave in and bought a PS4 (and the prices in my country are much higher than anywhere else in the world), only to find out today that a new version of the console is on the way which is more powerful (4k resolution is confirmed, I assume the frame rates and overall visual quality will also be significantly improved). Basically the difference between the two consoles will be that of a medicore and a high-end PC.

Doesn't this somehow stink? Forcing people to pay twice for the same console?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#2 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No cause I won't be buying one. Pretty comfortable with my current PS4.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

They might do a deal where you save a good amount if you trade in your PS4, for it.

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

Granted, this move stings, but you should've been aware of this ...it was already known as a fact that the new PS4 is on the way , almost two months ago some legit sources leaked the news.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/giantbomb-the-upgraded-playstation-4-is-codenamed--33103881/?page=7#js-message-321

Anyways, you can still enjoy your PS4, it's not like they're gonna ignore and neglect the huge userbase ... but i do expect user fragmentation and it remains to be seen how devs are gonna respond to this.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

im pretty excited for it. you dont have to buy it and all the games will work on the regular ps4

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Nope.

I'm playing games, If i wait for the NEO, i might as well wait for the PS5, and why not wait on that as well.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 elkoldo

@mjorh: @Flubbbs:Yes but the technical gap between the two consoles will implicitly force you to buy the Neo.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@elkoldo said:

Millions of people have already paid a hard-earned 400$ to get their PS4s; Take myself as an example: Just a few weeks back, with the release of Uncharted 4, I finally gave in and bought a PS4 (and the prices in my country are much higher than anywhere else in the world), only to find out today that a new version of the console is on the way which is more powerful (4k resolution is confirmed, I assume the frame rates and overall visual quality will also be significantly improved). Basically the difference between the two consoles will be that of a medicore and a high-end PC.

No but unlike you sony hasn't call me yet and tell me that i have forcely buy a Neo PS4 when sony does that i will complain.

Other wise i feel as betrayed at PC gamers who pay $700 for a 980ti 1 year ago only to see the 1080 with better performance and $600 price.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I imagine it's really going to be no different from what we do with pc's, where we have different graphics settings enabled depending on the hardware.

Kind of sucks but honestly I view it as progress. Console cycles already last long enough as is so anything that can alleviate the pain is alright with me.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@elkoldo said:

So with all the rumors of a new PS4 coming soon you just went and purchased the "old" one ? man what´s the rush ?

It´s not like most of use who got our PoS4s almost at launch 2.5 years ago. Do I feel "betrayed" ? no, devs will still have to make the games run on the original one, you will only be able to take advantage of the "superior hardware" if you have the elements ( like a 4 K TV ). Now, if they tell me the PoS4.5 is going to be as quiet at the PS3 Slim or the X1 hell I´ll drop my PoS4 at e-bay for pennies in an eye blink and get me the new one.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@elkoldo said:

@mjorh: @Flubbbs:Yes but the technical gap between the two consoles will implicitly force you to buy the Neo.

That's not at all true. Do you have a 4K TV? If so, then you can also easily afford the upgrade. If not, there's no real onus to make that upgrade if you don't want to. Or, hell, wait for the price to drop.

I mean, you waited this long to get a PS4 in the first place. What makes you think there's a red-hot coal poking you to get Neo? I can't make sense of it.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Would be pissed if they tried to pull a fast one and have exclusive games or features on it (would honestly probably quit console gaming), but as it is now, while I'm not a big fan of it personally, I don't really mind.

I still have to see how they market it, price it, etc. though.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Were you upset when Nintendo released the SNES?

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 elkoldo

@raugutcon said:
@elkoldo said:

So with all the rumors of a new PS4 coming soon you just went and purchased the "old" one ? man what´s the rush ?

It´s not like most of use who got our PoS4s almost at launch 2.5 years ago. Do I feel "betrayed" ? no, devs will still have to make the games run on the original one, you will only be able to take advantage of the "superior hardware" if you have the elements ( like a 4 K TV ). Now, if they tell me the PoS4.5 is going to be as quiet at the PS3 Slim or the X1 hell I´ll drop my PoS4 at e-bay for pennies in an eye blink and get me the new one.

It was Un-fuckin-charted 4! I couldn't wait another night :D

The fan noise isn't that loud though is it?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@elkoldo said:

Nothing forces you to buy anything. Otherwise the technical gap would force you to get the best possible high-end PC. Don't be such a drama queen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@tormentos said:
@elkoldo said:

No but unlike you sony hasn't call me yet and tell me that i have forcely buy a Neo PS4 when sony does that i will complain.

Other wise i feel as betrayed at PC gamers who pay $700 for a 980ti 1 year ago only to see the 1080 with better performance and $600 price.

I honestly dont see why PC users should go for the best flagship gpu. I know I don't and a lot of them don't. So it's not limited to flagship or nothing, go for the gpu's you can afford. They'll mostl likely be better than those in the current gens.

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

Nope

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

U get a new phone every year that cost more than a ps4. Do u complain?

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17807 Posts

i wouldnt go as far as betrayed. but it's a bit of a narly move.

consoles are about stability and this is introducing instability. nobody was shouting for it, developers dont seem too fond of it and it doesnt solve any problems (if you think this will solve performance problems then think again. thats not a hardware issue...thats a lack of commitment to technical excellence from developers).

i see what they are doing...sony are chasing the phone business model. they want people upgrading their console every 1-2 years not every 7-8.

this is just going to get messy.

just for the sake of fairness (and because its SW) nintendo also need to be hauled up for this for both the DSi and the new 3DS. neither of these devices should exist.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By elkoldo
@Shewgenja said:
@elkoldo said:

That's not at all true. Do you have a 4K TV? If so, then you can also easily afford the upgrade. If not, there's no real onus to make that upgrade if you don't want to. Or, hell, wait for the price to drop.

I mean, you waited this long to get a PS4 in the first place. What makes you think there's a red-hot coal poking you to get Neo? I can't make sense of it.

I just thought the new hardware could be a generation ahead of the old one, after all it's supposed to support 4k, they say.

And lol at the red coal poke.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@elkoldo: Can't feel betrayed by a rumor.

Also, the rumored PS4K were around WAY BEFORE Uncharted 4 released. Should have done more research before purchase, not that it will matter the PS4 will continue to get games.

At any rate, I didn't feel betrayed by the New 3DS, so I won't feel betrayed as the the rumored Neo either.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 elkoldo
@stereointegrity said:

Um, I've had my Xperia U since 2012 :D May pals give me stick all the time.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By elkoldo
@SolidTy said:

Also, the rumored PS4K were around WAY BEFORE Uncharted 4 released. Should have done more research before purchase, not that it will matter the PS4 will continue to get games.

At any rate, I didn't feel betrayed by the New 3DS, so I won't feel betrayed as the the rumored Neo either.

I read every article about it, none confirmed, none real; but Uncharted 4 was real! it was out. I couldn't resist the temptation to play it first hand.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@stereointegrity said:

Um, I've had my Xperia U since 2012 :D May pals give me stick all the time.

So you confirm that sony doesn't force you to upgrade.? Nice..lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@elkoldo said:
@Shewgenja said:
@elkoldo said:

I just thought the new hardware could be a generation ahead of the old one, after all it's supposed to support 4k, they say.

And lol at the red coal poke.

:) All games will support the original PS4. So, thankfully, it's not really a whole other generation. You're good, fam.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 elkoldo

@osan0 said:

i wouldnt go as far as betrayed. but it's a bit of a narly move.

consoles are about stability and this is introducing instability. nobody was shouting for it, developers dont seem too fond of it and it doesnt solve any problems (if you think this will solve performance problems then think again. thats not a hardware issue...thats a lack of commitment to technical excellence from developers).

i see what they are doing...sony are chasing the phone business model. they want people upgrading their console every 1-2 years not every 7-8.

this is just going to get messy.

I second this a hundred percent.

NoirLamia777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NoirLamia777
Member since 2012 • 3180 Posts

Not at all. I love my launch day PS4 and have enjoyed amazing games on it. I will be getting a PS4 Neo eventually but not right away, especially if it's not needed.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

Why would you upgrade???? Same games, same services...Unless you want more candy.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#29 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

No, I'm still keeping my current ps4. Nothing wrong with it. I'll probably get the neo version by the end of the gen.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 elkoldo
@skektek said:

Were you upset when Nintendo released the SNES?

That's actually before my time :D

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I believe both companies should have released powerful enough consoles to last 6-8 years, so I am disappointing in both.

But with MS going PC with all their games, I will not need to buy the Scorpio....so that is a savings.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By SolidTy

@elkoldo said:
@SolidTy said:

I read every article about it, none confirmed, none real; but Uncharted 4 was real! it was out. I couldn't resist the temptation to play it first hand.

Well, it's still not officially confirmed today, so getting worried about a product we simply don't know much about or how it will work won't accomplish much.

For instance, if they announced the NEO/PS4K would REPLACE the PS4 and the PS4 would no longer get games, I would be disappointed for sure. I was disheartened when the Dreamcast died an early death, and I'm not very happy about the current direction of the Wii U either (looks to be it's last major year, and it's not a stellar year for the Wii U as of right now).

However, even the rumors around the NEO suggest this isn't the case, so I'm not worried at all. I will continue to use my PS4 as have since launch and enjoy it the same way I enjoyed other consoles in the past like the NES, Atari, Intellivision, Xbox 1 OG, Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64, PS1, SNES, Sega Genesis, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, Wii U, etc.

Even the rumors suggest, the NEO is still a PS4, it's not the PS5. Either way, no point in getting up in arms until we actually know what we are dealing with.

BTW: There is also an incoming new version of Xbone (Scorpio, slim) as well, so now you know.

General_Solo76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 General_Solo76
Member since 2013 • 578 Posts

How are they forcing you to buy anything? Do you not have free will??

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Yes, I feel betrayed by vaporware. Also, I feel betrayed by MS rumor too. People paid MS $500 for the X1.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 elkoldo

@SolidTy said:
@elkoldo said:
@SolidTy said:

Well, it's still not officially confirmed today, so getting worried about a product we simply don't know much about or how it will work won't accomplish much.

For instance, if they announced the NEO/PS4K would REPLACE the PS4 and the PS4 would no longer get games, I would be disappointed for sure. I was disheartened when the Dreamcast died an early death, and I'm not very happy about the current direction of the Wii U either (looks to be it's last major year, and it's not a stellar year for the Wii U as of right now).

However, even the rumors around the NEO suggest this isn't the case, so I'm not worried at all. I will continue to use my PS4 as have since launch and enjoy it the same way I enjoyed other consoles in the past like the NES, Atari, Intellivision, Xbox 1 OG, Dreamcast, Gamecube, N64, PS1, SNES, Sega Genesis, Xbox 360, PS2, Wii, Wii U, etc.

BTW: There is also an incoming new version of Xbones (Scorpio, slim) as well, so now you know.

lol fine, I see your point. Actually earlier today I was discussing with my brother when I should buy X1, since Gears 4 is on its way.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

No, because no one forced you to buy the system. If you really want the Neo, GameStop and the like will have trade-in deals.

And frankly, it's not going to matter that much. It's not like you won't be able to play PS4 games. Unless you have a 4K TV or are super interested in VR, it's a nice little performance boost, and nothing more.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Kinda of, but not really. It's still a totally optional upgrade.

I believe the salt is coming from rumors and uncredible sources instead of from Sony. I'll eventually upgrade, but not at the Neo's launch.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69353 Posts

The excuses in this thread is hilariously asinine.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44537 Posts

If I had known what I knew just a few months after buying my PS4 I'd of waited. Still, might as well just wait to see what all the fuss is about before I decide to get any more upset. Probably more upset Persona 5 isn't coming to North America until 2017 than I am about the PS4.5. But, news of possible past games not working on PS4.5 might put the issue to rest, I mean why bother getting upset if that's true I'd rather just keep my PS4 that will be able to play all PS4 games instead of the one that won't be able to play them all.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7700 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

Never understood this one, why? I still have galaxy s3 lte and see no reason to upgrade, while I do upgrade my gpu because that actually nets me something.

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

Who the hell thinks like this. Also look up the word betrayed because it has nothing to do with Sony or Neo. It is also entirely optional stop acting like spoilt brats.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SolidTy

@elkoldo said:
@SolidTy said:

Even the rumors suggest, the NEO is still a PS4, it's not the PS5. Either way, no point in getting up in arms until we actually know what we are dealing with.

BTW: There is also an incoming new version of Xbone (Scorpio, slim) as well, so now you know.

lol fine, I see your point. Actually earlier today I was discussing with my brother when I should buy X1, since Gears 4 is on its way.

Yeah, it would be more upsetting if they were announcing a PS5, but that's not for a long while off. The PS4 has sold 40 million units and Sony doesn't want to hurt that rapidly growing install base. This is also the same consideration for the new Xbox Scorpio/Slim that is also rumored, both companies have to roll out these new products carefully without closing support for the current PS4/Xbone. I say this as a current Xbone, Wii U, PC, and PS4 owner.

I follow developers, and you reminded me of something.

Just so you know, Uncharted 4 was made by Naughty Dog, who created Uncharted 1, 2, 3, and The Last of Us. The same devs who created the Uncharted games gave up the award winning The Last of Us before dropping the recent high scoring 93/100 metascoring Uncharted 4.

The new GeoW4 is made by a brand new developer, they did hire producer Roddy F. who worked as a co-producer on GeoW 1-3 and GeoW:J, but director Cliffy B. and EPIC are not developing the new GeoW games.

My point is temper your expectations for GeoW 4 because a new developer starting out on their first brand new game doesn't usually hit a homerun right out of the park, but I do expect a decent effort much like Cover band 343 did with Bungie's Halo franchise (the new studio has yet to hit rare and coveted 90+ with Halo and 343 made a big issue about trying to do that with their new Halo titles).

GeoW 1-3 were all 90+ metascoring games, and Uncharted 2, Uncharted 3, The Last of Us, and Uncharted 4 are all 90+ metascoring games. Both EPIC and Naughty Dog were on a 90+ roll and the critics and fans loved them.

The new GeoW developers don't have a track record, save for their recent port of GEoW 1 Ultimate which was a 82/100. The last time GeoW released with a new developer was GeoW: Judgement which was a 79/100 at metacritic, which Roddy F. helped with, the same guy who is co-producing on GeoW 4.

The point is again, to temper your expectations with GeoW 4 as it's not going to be the same situation as Uncharted 4 was for PS4 which was developed by the original creators of the franchise, Naughty Dog.

I know most people follow brands more than developers, but I have found in knowing the people behind the game, you can discover new games and of course, not get as disappointed when a game releases with a brand new dev. I knew for instance The Last of Us was going to be a great game way before it released just as I knew GeoW: Judgement was going to be disappointing way before it released because of my tracking of development studios.

Anything is possible with a new studio, but my point really is to temper your HYPE levels since the U4 and GeoW4 situations are different.

elkoldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By elkoldo

@SolidTy: Yeah I'm fully prepared to see the game crused by the new devs. I won't make a move until the game's out and reviewd and commented upon.

And on side note, don't put too much trust in Metascore, we know for a fact that Uncharted 4's reviews were "filtered" in Metacritic.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I could see why most Sony fans would feel betrayed because 3 years in all they talked about how their console is so powerful this and that, how they chose a more powerful console over the less powerful console and the people with less powerful console got laughed at because they were fine with it because they still get to play up to date games. But now all of a sudden a new more powerful console comes along and now the same ones touting that their console were the most powerful is not the most powerful any longer and now they're saying they're fine with having a less powerful console because they still get to play up to date games. It really is a sour stinker for those owners. Oh well.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By SolidTy

@elkoldo said:

@SolidTy: Yeah I'm fully prepared to see the game crused by the new devs. I won't make a move until the game's out and reviewd and commented upon.

And on side note, don't put too much trust in Metascore, we know for a fact that Uncharted 4's reviews were "filtered" in Metacritic.

I follow specific reviewers I trust, but the industry follows metacritic. Devs rely on it for bonuses and even 343 is striving for their first 90+ metascore. Also, you just linked some Uncharted 4 HYPE thread from SW I read a month ago, threads are the worst kinds of sources. It's just a bunch of people trying to justify their purchases and misinterpret things. That said, I've known about metacritics failings for a great many years, far before that uncharted 4 SW thread from a month ago. There were certain odd things going on for many games for awhile now, and Uncharted 4 is no exception. I do find metacritic in general to be a rather peculiar site in how they handle some of the games and reviews, for sure.

Metascores serve their purpose though in SW, when it comes to explaining quality of a game to people in SW quickly instead of users just trust the games I subjectively like are all awesome and the games I don't suck.

For instance, I dislike racing games, so I would be a bad judge to call out Gran Turismo, Need For Speed, or Forza because that wouldn't be fair. Instead, I recognize the games as good-great even if I myself think they are part of a shitty genre (which just so happens to be a very popular genre in SW). So, with metacritic, I just causally use that here to give various games across a multitude of genres the respect they deserve, even if I don't like them.

Another example, is that I used the metascores in my convo to you to merely illustrate a drop in quality between GeoW1-3 and GeoW:J. I could have just said GeoW:J, developed by a new team, wasn't nearly as good as GeoW 1-3, but then you may have wondered if I was a reliable source. I could have pointed to just Gemespot's scores to further my point in the drop of quality between GeoW 1-3 and GeoW:J, but using just one site is very myopic. Unfortunately, as flawed as Metacritic is, it's much better than just using my own opinions which are debatable and possibly misunderstood (plus would require me to explain myself in great length doing a min-review myself every time I spoke about a game I played), or using just a single site which may have a sketchy reviewer and possibly used to further a point. Anyone can track down that bad review for any game, and then use that singular site to paint a picture that a game is bad when it's not.

When it comes to PERSONAL purchases, I use friends and my preferred reviewers I trust, not sites, but specific reviewers.

At the end of the day, we don't have time to play every single game in existence, watch every movie, read every book, listen to every song, etc. This is where reviews do help guide us to thing we like and save us time filtering through the sea of garbage out there.

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

@elkoldo said:

people are fine with running games on low on pc whats the difference a the end of the day if one guy is playing with 720p vs 1080p on the ps4 vs neo its just resolution.

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1070 Posts

No, it's optional.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I don't see how 4k is really even relevant to the extent that it warrants inclusion for a new upgrade when not too many people actually own 4k TVs. I'm still rocking my 1080 HD bigscreen and probably will be for a few more years. 4k TVs are just still too expensive for me, at least the ones I've seen that are around the same size as my old one which suites me perfectly fine. Even if they're cheap, they're still not to the point of being fully utilized.

The only reason I'd upgrade is for the benefit it'd bring to PSVR, but I already own a Vive, so that's moot right there. I'll pass until something arrives that my OG PS4 can't do....which I heard won't be a problem, as the Neo will only upgrade resolution/loading times. Meh, I can deal...

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

No I do not feel betrayed. Frankly, both machines were borderline underpowered when released. This solution should have been seen a mile away by most people. The PS4 and Xbone are barely keeping up with graphic engine advancements. The Neo and Scorpio are welcome in my book.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

No, because I'm not going to be foolish enough to buy the same system twice. The system will feature the same games(and not even all of them)as the current PS4. All it is, is a means to get people to buy a 4K TV and bluray. I'm sure they'll try and toss some arbitrary reasons for how the Neo is superior to the normal PS4 i.e. VR, but its not going to have any substantial difference from the normal PS4 is where I will hedge my bet.