Does anybody really care...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
About which system sells what amount of consoles? I mean seriously, I know this is system wars, but I think it is kind of lame how everyone comes on here and acts like they have some stake in their console(s) of choices financial decision making. I personally buy consoles because of the games they have. Thats it plain and simple. I dont despise any company. The fact is the industry needs all 3 to be as successful as it is!!
_witenite_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 _witenite_
Member since 2008 • 369 Posts

About which system sells what amount of consoles? I mean seriously, I know this is system wars, but I think it is kind of lame how everyone comes on here and acts like they have some stake in their console(s) of choices financial decision making. I personally buy consoles because of the games they have. Thats it plain and simple. I dont despise any company. The fact is the industry needs all 3 to be as successful as it is!!kungfuchaos

that right there. that is the same reason why everyone else buys the system, which goes to show what people see as their preffered console, and is what most ppl want. sales are important in system wars, but maybe not to individual ppl.

channtheman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 channtheman1
Member since 2007 • 1176 Posts
I care
N0-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 N0-
Member since 2008 • 308 Posts

all i care about are the games sells dont matter to me

AnnoyedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AnnoyedDragon
Member since 2006 • 9948 Posts
People make you care when they get in your face over which system apparently sells more.
12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts
games are the thing that make you buy a console
thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 thekey
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
First of all I would like to say the Wii (Gamecube 2) sucks. 2nd of all I would like to say I care only because it makes for more better games.(compitition for consoles is good.)
N0-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 N0-
Member since 2008 • 308 Posts

First of all I would like to say the Wii (Gamecube 2) sucks. 2nd of all I would like to say I care only because it makes for more better games.(compitition for consoles is good.) thekey

lol so many people are going to flame you for saying wii sucks

MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
the rock bottom soul of the SW "game" is the effect that games have on sales and vice versa.
tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

It's kind of like how people support teams in a sport, and they want 'their' team to win. The same criticism could be made against that.

12345yon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 12345yon
Member since 2007 • 1073 Posts

[QUOTE="thekey"]First of all I would like to say the Wii (Gamecube 2) sucks. 2nd of all I would like to say I care only because it makes for more better games.(compitition for consoles is good.) N0-

lol so many people are going to flame you for saying wii sucks

happy?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The July NPD results made me so happy, I hired a stripper.
Avatar image for xchiefmegadethx
xchiefmegadethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 xchiefmegadethx
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

About which system sells what amount of consoles? I mean seriously, I know this is system wars, but I think it is kind of lame how everyone comes on here and acts like they have some stake in their console(s) of choices financial decision making. I personally buy consoles because of the games they have. Thats it plain and simple. I dont despise any company. The fact is the industry needs all 3 to be as successful as it is!!kungfuchaos

i thought i would like the Wii when i got it

But was so wrong...sold it after a year

stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

This is what pisses me off the most in System Wars,people who determine quality by sales.

It's pathetic.

Tiefster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15 Tiefster
Member since 2005 • 14639 Posts
People just rip each other apart over sales here. It's going to funny with the Japanese numbers new showing 360 outsold PS3 in Japan for a week. We'll see Japan suddenly matter to the lems and NA not matter at all since another month went to PS3 as far as sales go. It happens and it gets old but sometimes it's funny.
sargentbotk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sargentbotk
Member since 2007 • 4224 Posts

I always buy my systems because of their games and how many of my friends own them. Sales are just important for SW. People don't care outside of SW. It's just a fun way to own others when you have nothing better to do.

But I do care about Game sales. They determine if we'll see a sequel.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I somewhat care about the sales with each month.

Its because my neighbor and I bet on it. If the 360 gets more sales, I have to do something embarassing at school. If the PS3 gets more sales, he has to do something embarrasing at school.

Since I won July, he is going to school with Pink hair until it fades. =D.

xXMcClaneXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xXMcClaneXx
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
i really couldn't care less .....as long as the games are great....the only way that'll change is if i start to recieve revenue :D
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
The games are the only thing that matters to me. Sales are pointless and useless to me. Now if I could play those sales, I would care, but I can't.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

This is what pisses me off the most in System Wars,people who determine quality by sales.

It's pathetic.

stepat201

/agree.

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
The console that sells the most systems get's the most developer support, therefor get's the most games, therefor has the highest chance of getting the highest rated games.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Frozzik

The console that sells the most systems get's the most developer support, therefor get's the most games, therefor has the highest chance of getting the highest rated games.goblaa

hmmm, funny then that apparently PC games sell like s*** yet it has the most dev support, the most exclusives and the most quality games.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
All I care about are the games, but man is it funny to see the damage control when these numbers come out.
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

The console that sells the most systems get's the most developer support, therefor get's the most games, therefor has the highest chance of getting the highest rated games.goblaa

The Wii seems to be the exception to that long standing rule.

spencer_119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 spencer_119
Member since 2004 • 1027 Posts
i dont care all i want are the games
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]About which system sells what amount of consoles? I mean seriously, I know this is system wars, but I think it is kind of lame how everyone comes on here and acts like they have some stake in their console(s) of choices financial decision making. I personally buy consoles because of the games they have. Thats it plain and simple. I dont despise any company. The fact is the industry needs all 3 to be as successful as it is!!_witenite_

that right there. that is the same reason why everyone else buys the system, which goes to show what people see as their preffered console, and is what most ppl want. sales are important in system wars, but maybe not to individual ppl.

smart way of thinking of it

SW way:

no in my opinion what is best is not the popular belief, people must be dumber then i and are wrong, so sales dont matter. just the games i like and all other games that are liked by millions are dumb

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 surrealnumber5

It's pathetic.

stepat201

it pisses me off more when people determine a game sucks with out playing it

so you know a baseless assumption

its pathetic

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Frozzik
[QUOTE="stepat201"]

It's pathetic.

surrealnumber5

its pathetic

so are you saying sales does = quality? i'm not sure what you are getting at

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="stepat201"]

It's pathetic.

Frozzik

its pathetic

so are you saying sales does = quality? i'm not sure what you are getting at

any game that has legs and sells well for more then a month must be selling for a reason

i have way to much faith in the free market principals and the teachings of my economics professors to turn my back on it now

games with legs get sold mostly on word to mouth and that has to be good for some one to take that word to mouth and buy the game. some one likes the games you may not but that does not make them bad games

and yes this theory covers games like 50cent BP because that was a flash in the pan game sold because at that time 50 cent could have sold out of tampons if he endorsed them

FFXI-Blk-Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FFXI-Blk-Mage
Member since 2003 • 417 Posts

I don't care about system sales.

I don't have stupid loyalty to one system over another.

I think it is pretty pathetic how people can be so loyal to a company that is using you as nothing but a consumer. Most major companies only care about profit... I love my 360 right now, but if the PS3 or Wii came out with some awesome and solid games tomorrow I wouldn't think twice about ditching it, even though its provided me with lots of entertainment for the past 3 years.

They are all just hunks of metal and plastic :P

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Frozzik
[QUOTE="Frozzik"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="stepat201"]

It's pathetic.

surrealnumber5

its pathetic

any game that has legs and sells well for more then a month must be selling for a reason

i have way to much faith in the free market principals and the teachings of my economics professors to turn my back on it now

games with legs get sold mostly on word to mouth and that has to be good for some one to take that word to mouth and buy the game. some one likes the games you may not but that does not make them bad games

and yes this theory covers games like 50cent BP because that was a flash in the pan game sold because at that time 50 cent could have sold out of tampons if he endorsed them

well, i really have to disagree with you. You see, lots of games sell well that are generally regarded as critical flops. Both imediate sales and over time sales. Not all gamers, well console gamers, spend time on forums or even read magazines. Many just buy games from tv ads etc. Kayne and lynch for example, Alone in the dark for another. Some games sell buckets because of price. I just looked at a few random multiplat charts on the web. Many games in the top 40 are regarded as trash.

So you see, sales does not = quality at all.

I could really go into more detail as to why you are wrong, im going to leave it at that thoughh.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Frozzik"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="stepat201"]

It's pathetic.

Frozzik

its pathetic

well, i really have to disagree with you. You see, lots of games sell well that are generally regarded as critical flops. Both imediate sales and over time sales. Not all gamers, well console gamers, spend time on forums or even read magazines. Many just buy games from tv ads etc. Kayne and lynch for example, Alone in the dark for another. Some games sell buckets because of price. I just looked at a few random multiplat charts on the web. Many games in the top 40 are regarded as trash.

I could really go into more detail as to why you are wrong, im going to leave it at that thoughh.

if you ask a cheese aficionado if he liked the vermont cheddar you got from the store for 4 bucks chances are hes going to rate it lower then a 6-7 because he spends his hole life eating cheese and grading it. if you take that same cheese and give it to your friends at a party and its a big hit does that mean you and your friends are dumb for not calling it average? but enjoying all the same with out any rating.

please tell me why my view on populations is wrong tell me how you and these critics are so much better then the millions who do not agree with you. please do i want you to step on the pedestal, that you imply, and look down on the rest of us

ps. super smash brothers was rated trash and loved by said millions same with the old mario karts

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Nope. Just games.
Avatar image for alwayspureblood
alwayspureblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alwayspureblood
Member since 2008 • 872 Posts
No, I do not.
Zeppy007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zeppy007
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts

well Sheep care its all they got

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

I have shares so to me it means $$$$$$

(joking)

Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Frozzik
[QUOTE="Frozzik"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="Frozzik"][QUOTE="surrealnumber5"][QUOTE="stepat201"]

It's pathetic.

surrealnumber5

its pathetic

if you ask a cheese aficionado if he liked the vermont cheddar you got from the store for 4 bucks chances are hes going to rate it lower then a 6-7 because he spends his hole life eating cheese and grading it. if you take that same cheese and give it to your friends at a party and its a big hit does that mean you and your friends are dumb for not calling it average? but enjoying all the same with out any rating.

please tell me why my view on populations is wrong tell me how you and these critics are so much better then the millions who do not agree with you. please do i want you to step on the pedestal, that you imply, and look down on the rest of us

ps. super smash brothers was rated trash and loved by said millions same with the old mario karts

this isn't about personal opinion. There are standards, standards that games are judged by. Sure, a game that is a critical flop may be loved by some but is nonetheless regarded as a poor game. Its a fact many games, games that by the general standards we judge them, are poor games yet have sold extemely well. Does this mean they are great games? No. You really need to stop looking at this in the way you are.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 surrealnumber5

so you say that games that are criticaly bad but held by gamers to be good are still bad?

i have not seen any one ever bash smash bros on the 64 or mario snes but critics.

yea im sorry the training series of games nintendo has come out with are rated poor sell well and i must agree with the sales the games are just great for a handheld.

sorry but critics dont always know whats best and "gamers" to day are just a bunch of close minded snobs. it makes me ashamed to have been part of this group after the past 20 years. games were once about fun now ratings get so held down by technical issues that you cant take any ones word for face value. but hay what do i know i play chess more then COD4, CIV4 more then MGS4, and at a party i'd rather play monopoly or beer pong then halo 3.

maybe i am to open minded and not conceited enough to be hard core any more

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts

that

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 surrealnumber5
that last post would have been a quote but i did not want to edit up the quote chain.....yep that lazy