Does anybody have hope in Division after Watchdogs fiasco ?

• 83 results
#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4518 posts) -

I am just afraid to imagine how Division will be downgraded after this Watch_dogs poor performance & downgrade fiasco.

All that beautiful snow engine and all, will it stay or we will get something like this

and it will require 3000$ GTX Titan Z to run it at 60 fps ? XD

#2 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16832 posts) -

If anything I gained hope. Watch_Dogs is pretty good!

#3 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1363 posts) -

It's not coming on last gen consoles (atleast so far), so if there is a downgrade, it shouldn't be massive. But this is Ubi, so, they'll probably make it look awesome by running it on a higher end PC, get people pumped, then downgrade on a level similar to Far Cry 3, instead of W_D. It'll look great, hopefully play great, but won't look "that" good.

#4 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

Who's to know? Seems like it's perfectly fair game for a developer to release a product that doesn't look anything like what was displayed two years previously.

#5 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2538 posts) -

No . Not getting excited for UBISOFT game ever . Yes it is going to be fun but visually it won't look as good as it was presented .

#6 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

You guys aren't even trying to hide the fact that you couldn't care any less about gameplay... Yes, they Showed some gameplay at E3 too..... And it was terrible..... But no worries, its an RPG.... Its suppose to be Terrible.

I had a bad feeling about this game as soon As I saw +30Xp after the 1st kill, I knew there was going to a fuckton of grinding as soon as I saw that.... But thats the whole point of an MMO RPG. To waste your time and give you a false sense of Developement.

the Other things I didn't like was the Homing Grenade..... I didn't realise Next Gen was all about rendering player imput even more useless, 2ndly was that Skill that allowed you to see enemies through walls but thats no biggie, 3rdly was the other Skill that Heals everybody continuously for about 20 seconds, temporarily negating the cover system. I know these things are going to have progression thats going to them more and more effective.

Now Imagine whats gona happen in PvP.

But there was some pretty cool shit like that Portable Turret, I can already picture some nice tactics for that.

But who cares.... As long as it looks pretty... Right ?

#7 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Gamers = "Look something Shiny" !

LMAO.

#8 Edited by magicalclick (22444 posts) -

After the first AC, I haven't touched Ubisoft open world game.

#9 Posted by gago-gago (9354 posts) -

I think more cows believe these CGI & gameplay on PC devkits to be real console versions than your average gamers. The Division still interest me but I hope there's a nice story for it.

#10 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

Not for PC, but for consoles yes.

#11 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4518 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Lol. On consoles it will be even worse... as always.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Lol. On consoles it will be even worse... as always.

idk, Watchdogs on my PS4 plays pretty swell, meanwhile people with monster rigs are lighting up the Steam forums on how bad it plays.

#13 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16297 posts) -

Don't care how good the game looks if the gameplay isn't good.

I'm just not interested in an MMO, would've liked a story driven singleplayer game more in that setting and engine.

@Heil68 said:

idk, Watchdogs on my PS4 plays pretty swell, meanwhile people with monster rigs are lighting up the Steam forums on how bad it plays.

People just need to turn down their settings to 900p and 30 fps ;)

#14 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

After the first demo of Watch Dogs was shown off after the 2012 reveal I lost all hope for The Division looking like that, even on PC

#15 Posted by jsmoke03 (12756 posts) -

i actually never thought watchdogs was that great to look at even at e3 2012 and i feel the same with the division.

yea it was a downgrade (like gta5 on ps3 graphics) but the game is fun so far. lets just hope developers are seeing the downgrade outrage by gamers. last gen, games got better looking at the end of the dev cycle...guess its different now

#16 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: It's a Ubisoft game, so no. Not getting too excited at all. They should be lucky I even picked up Watch Dogs. They are constantly downgrading their games and then announcing to the public that everything is alright. lol!! Ubisoft cares more about $$$ then quality when it comes to their games.

#17 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm just not interested in an MMO, would've liked a story driven singleplayer game more in that setting and engine.

@Heil68 said:

hahha, well played ;) But serious this guy

"With an i7 at 4.7GHz, 16GB RAM and a factory OC'd Gainward GTX GeForce 780 Ti 3GB Phantom Edition the game fails to maintain a 60+ frame rate. (Drops to 25 fps, average at 30-50)."

That's startling..lol

#18 Edited by with_teeth26 (6055 posts) -

So the minor changes in visuals between the E3 demo and now for Watch Dogs is a fiasco now? Getting pretty sick of the hyperbole surrounding how the game looks.

#19 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6940 posts) -

Nope.

#20 Edited by DarthRamms (345 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

"With an i7 at 4.7GHz, 16GB RAM and a factory OC'd Gainward GTX GeForce 780 Ti 3GB Phantom Edition the game fails to maintain a 60+ frame rate. (Drops to 25 fps, average at 30-50)."

That's startling..lol

Here's the benchmark

#21 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13423 posts) -

So the minor changes in visuals between the E3 demo and now for Watch Dogs is a fiasco now? Getting pretty sick of the hyperbole surrounding how the game looks.

The changes are pretty far from minor.

#22 Posted by lostrib (34471 posts) -

well watch dogs is still fun, so idk what is the issue

#23 Edited by uninspiredcup (7838 posts) -

Watchdogs is one of the best looking open world games around. Console peoples are use to poor graphics.

The game has cool effects when you overclock your graphics card. It feels like Mad Max at times.

#24 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4518 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

That's startling..lol

But the problem is definitely on the Ubisoft's programming side. I have the same issue, but while driving. It's like their engine was never meant for a driving game. I have steady 60 fps when I leave the car and run arround. But when I got back into the car, the fps immediately falls to 30 fps and starts to flactuate between 30 and 60. It's just a weird bad programming bug. On foot, I am getting 60 fps even at ultra settings. Somebody really screwed up when they were programming the game. I suspect it's because Assasin Creed engine was never meant for driving mechanics or something like that.

#25 Posted by with_teeth26 (6055 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

The changes are pretty far from minor.

eh it looks pretty close to me when i'm playing it, the obsession with minor visual changes is pretty sad at this point especially when people act like this is something new. Does no one remember early Crysis footage/screenshots? looked nothing like the final release.

#26 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

That's startling..lol

But the problem is definitely on the Ubisoft's programming side. I have the same issue, but while driving. It's like their engine was never meant for a driving game. I have steady 60 fps when I leave the car and run arround. But when I got back into the car, the fps immediately falls to 30 fps and starts to flactuate between 30 and 60. It's just a weird bad programming bug. On foot, I am getting 60 fps even at ultra settings. Somebody really screwed up when they were programming the game. I suspect it's because Assasin Creed engine was never meant for driving mechanics or something like that.

That's why I was serious when I said I'm not worried about the console version. :)

#27 Posted by CroidX (976 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

That's startling..lol

That's why I was serious when I said I'm not worried about the console version. :)

Of course when they can just have low fps and low resolution

#28 Posted by cainetao11 (16892 posts) -

Watchdogs doesn't exactly scream next gen, but with people wetting their pants over 2D indies on these new consoles how can we complain? "Different standards, blah blah"

#29 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4518 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

That's startling..lol

But probably is for the same reason that is 900p and 30fps on PS4. You talk like consoles are immune to bad optimization. The developers just lower settings on console in order to deal with those issues.

In the same way as Assassin Creed 4 was 900p on PS4 at launch and 1080p after a patch ; )

#30 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Heil68 said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Heil68 said:

That's startling..lol

But probably is for the same reason that is 900p and 30fps on PS4. You talk like consoles are immune to bad optimization. The developers just lower settings on console in order to deal with those issues.

In the same way as Assassin Creed 4 was 900p on PS4 at launch and 1080p after a patch ; )

ehh, maybe, but the PS4 version looks good to me and it's certainly playable.

I rarely buy PC games new. I usually wait for a Steam under $10 sale and I'll do that for this game.

#31 Edited by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

Fiasco? So far i'm having a good time with Watch Dogs so if anything i'm more excited about The Division.

#32 Edited by wis3boi (31115 posts) -

makes me ashamed to be a part of 'gamers' if this is how people act now. I mean seriously, calling sleeping dogs graphically superior? Let me laugh even harder.

#33 Posted by Wasdie (49628 posts) -

Considering it's a brand new engine developed only for the next gen consoles and the PC by Massive Entertainment, there is nothing to worry about.

#34 Edited by Liquid_ (2441 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich: what fiasco are you talking about? Every hyped game recieves criticism when its released. Even a 12 year old with an average IQ can figure this out.

#35 Posted by darkangel115 (1505 posts) -

watch dogs graphics took a huge hit but in the end, the game is still a lot of fun so i can care less. not every game is going to look perfect. I'd rather have an ok looking game that's fun then a game that looks lifelike running at 4k and 120FPS but is boring as crap.

#36 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

If anything I gained hope. Watch_Dogs is pretty good!

Same here. Although I didn't buy WD, I've played it at a friends house and heard his account. It seems to be a very good, polished game. So I want the same for The Division. Graphics will likely be great even if they don't reach the E3 trailer from last year. But even if the graphics matched that trailer and the game sucked, it wouldn't be a buy for me. Gameplay over graphics all day, every day.

#37 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4518 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@with_teeth26 said:

makes me ashamed to be a part of 'gamers' if this is how people act now. I mean seriously, calling sleeping dogs graphically superior? Let me laugh even harder.

Well, TotalBiscuit says that at 22.54. Not superior, but comparable, especially considering that Sleeping Dog is a 2012 game and doesn't require a GTX780 to run at high setting.

#38 Edited by wis3boi (31115 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@with_teeth26 said:

Well, TotalBiscuit says that at 22.54. Not superior, but comparable, especially considering that Sleeping Dog is a 2012 game and doesn't require a GTX780 to run at high setting.

SD isnt doing even half of what WD is doing in the technology department

#39 Posted by mems_1224 (46545 posts) -

I dont care about the graphics. Watch Dogs still looks very good. My biggest worry is that Ubisoft's servers are absolute garbage and they're pretty bad at matchmaking

#40 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

Doing more things doesn't mean it's better looking, sure it's more technically impressive but the end result and how pleasing to the eye it is is what counts.

Not saying SD looks better than WD but it's not as laughable as you make it seem. WD is really pretty at night but during the day it looks really crummy. Shitty textures everywhere and bad LOD. Though when it's stormy, dark and shiny the game looks stunning.

#41 Edited by lostrib (34471 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

Doing more things doesn't mean it's better looking, sure it's more technically impressive but the end result and how pleasing to the eye it is is what counts.

Not saying SD looks better than WD but it's not as laughable as you make it seem. WD is really pretty at night but during the day it looks really crummy. Shitty textures everywhere and bad LOD. Though when it's stormy, dark and shiny the game looks stunning.

If I remember correctly, SD was also best looking at night. Although turning on the max AA (which was supersampling without saying so) pretty well killed performance.

#42 Edited by millerlight89 (18347 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@wis3boi said:

@with_teeth26 said:

People do not understand this. Especially here.

#43 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

but for consoles yes.

You ARE aware that the best console version, PS4, currently runs at 900p with regular 24 fps dips on low settings....

RIGHT?

Even the biggest issues on PC are not that bad.

#44 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

but for consoles yes.

You ARE aware that the best console version, PS4, currently runs at 900p with regular 24 fps dips on low settings....

RIGHT?

hahahah

#45 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (276 posts) -

Everyone falls for the same things with video games over and over and over. Show off some nice physics, graphics or whatever and watch as everyone breaks out their wallets. Gaming history is filled with bullshots and hyperbole and yet no one ever really learns. Cause we want to believe.

#46 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Heil68 said:

but for consoles yes.

RIGHT?

hahahah

Thats better than console version...self owned?

#47 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Heil68 said:

but for consoles yes.

RIGHT?

hahahah

Drops to 25 fps, and JUST the graphics card cost almost $300 more than a PS4, congratz.

lolz

#48 Edited by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Heil68 said:

but for consoles yes.

RIGHT?

hahahah

Drops to 25 fps, and JUST the graphics card cost almost $300 more than a PS4, congratz.

lolz

A driver update already came out fixing this...

Meanwhile you are stuck at 900p, low, and 24 fps... ........and all multiplats are worse on console....when is your "fix" comming out?

#49 Edited by Heil68 (43462 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Heil68 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Heil68 said:

but for consoles yes.

RIGHT?

hahahah

lolz

A driver update already came out fixing this...

Meanwhile you are stuck at 900p, low, and 24 fps....

Yeah, ok..lolz

Go help these guys brah, they seem to be quite upset.

I'll get the PC version on a $5 sale down the road. :)

#50 Posted by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

Hope? Hope in an Ubi game is something i lost many many years ago. In 9 days or less we'll see the colossal downgrade 2.0 known as The Division. I r hyped.