Does 360 still have a chance to recieve its first really good exclusive game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

As we all know, XBOX is decent at running games that run on other platforms better, but over the 7 years of being on the market, it still didnt release a single really great, memorable exclusive game.

If we consider games released since 2007 (i.e. the first full year all three seventh gen consoles are on the market and compete with each other):

----

PS3 has two exclusive games of the year (MGS4, Demon Souls).

Wii has one game of the year (SMG)

Xbox has :|

----

PS3 has one 10/10 exclusive game (MGS4)

Wii has one 10/10 game (SMG 2)

----

In fact if we exclude shooters and racing games (which are both quite popular on 360), Xbox has :| overall. It only sells because of kinect, noone would even buy it anymore.

----

The question is - can this still change? Does in fact the Xbox 360 still have a chance to recieve games that would make it memorable, or will it be forgotten the second it stops being manufactured?

We all have our fingers crossed for this platform, because it would be sad if it went to waste, but is there a light at the end of this long dark hopeless tunel? I dont see one. :( Thoughts?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (31374 posts) -
Why do you exclude games?
#3 Posted by clyde46 (47255 posts) -
#4 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Halo 3. GOAT.

#5 Posted by StormyJoe (6346 posts) -

There is so much wrong with the OP, I will just say this: don't feed the trolls.

#6 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

why have exclusives when you have multiplats

#7 Posted by OhSnapitz (18598 posts) -
Why do you exclude games?MonsieurX
..because its the only way they'll win. :lol: just like combing system numbers to "tie" for second place.. :lol: how else would they come out on top.. Lie station 3 ;)
#8 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

Meeeper282

Because you dont need to buy a platform for multiplats that run on other platform you already have.

#9 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Why do you exclude games?OhSnapitz
..because its the only way they'll win. :lol: just like combing system numbers to "tie" for second place.. :lol: how else would they come out on top.. Lie station 3 ;)

Is there a 10/10 or GOTY exclusive game since 2007 that I excluded? No. What else you've got?

#10 Posted by sts106mat (20370 posts) -
"xbox loses....if we exclude this and forget about that etc etc" mmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring cow is boring
#11 Posted by WithoutGraceXII (1797 posts) -
I agree. Only games that get 10/10 or goty from gamespot are good.
#12 Posted by OhSnapitz (18598 posts) -

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Why do you exclude games?BlbecekBobecek

Is there a 10/10 or GOTY exclusive game since 2007 that I excluded? No. What else you've got?

Last place-station 3... It only does everything...from the rear.. :lol:
#13 Posted by MonsieurX (31374 posts) -

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"][QUOTE="MonsieurX"] ..because its the only way they'll win. :lol: just like combing system numbers to "tie" for second place.. :lol: how else would they come out on top.. Lie station 3 ;)BlbecekBobecek

In fact if we exclude shooters and racing games (which are both quite popular on 360), Xbox has :| overall. It only sells because of kinect, noone would even buy it anymore.BlbecekBobecek
#14 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

As we all know, XBOX is decent at running games that run on other platforms better, but over the 7 years of being on the market, it still didnt release a single really great, memorable exclusive game.

If we consider games released since 2007 (i.e. the first full year all three seventh gen consoles are on the market and compete with each other):

----

PS3 has two exclusive games of the year (MGS4, Demon Souls).

Wii has one game of the year (SMG)

----

PS3 has one 10/10 exclusive game (MGS4)

Wii has one 10/10 game (SMG 2)

----

In fact if we exclude shooters and racing games (which are both quite popular on 360), Xbox has :| overall. It only sells because of kinect, noone would even buy it anymore.

----

The question is - can this still change? Does in fact the Xbox 360 still have a chance to recieve games that would make it memorable, or will it be forgotten the second it stops being manufactured?

We all have our fingers crossed for this platform, because it would be sad if it went to waste, but is there a light at the end of this long dark hopeless tunel? I dont see one. :( Thoughts?

BlbecekBobecek

Yeah it did. Halo and forza alone own everything on the covered in dust insufficient ram enabled ps3 with it's less than HD res and screen tearing and god awful scaler chip.

#15 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

All responses in this thread so far are pure damage control. Is there really no hope? Not even a little?

#16 Posted by nervmeister (15323 posts) -
Thoughts?BlbecekBobecek
Troll harder.
#17 Posted by SecretPolice (22955 posts) -

Halo 4 & Forza H > entire 2012 PS3 offerings.

Yikes, the cow math here is just too much and I feel I'm loosing brain cells reading it so instead, I'm off to have an adult beverage since at least that way, losing a few cells is worth it. :P

#18 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

"xbox loses....if we exclude this and forget about that etc etc" mmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring cow is boringsts106mat

it's the "that game doesn't count" generation.

#19 Posted by coasterguy65 (6161 posts) -

All responses in this thread so far are pure damage control. Is there really no hope? Not even a little?

BlbecekBobecek

Ah the old you've proven me wrong so I claim damage control / butthurt defense.

#20 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

gears of war was exclusive when it won.

#22 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

BlbecekBobecek

I wonder if a game worthy of wiping all the dust off my ps3 will ever come out? Not likely.

#23 Posted by delta3074 (18672 posts) -
it still didnt release a single really great, memorable exclusive game.BlbecekBobecek
Just shut up, seriously, there been a lot of great xbox Exclusives and gears got GOTY BEFORE it released on the PC so get your facts straight dude.
#24 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

So there is REALLY nothing?

Let me show you an example of a reply, if (hypothetically speaking) it was the other way around and there were no GOTY or 10/10 exclusive games on PS3:

Hell yea, there is still a chance. The Last of Us looks pretty good and definitely has a shot to become GOTY. Also, Final Fantasy versus XIII that is supposed to change the JRPG genre as we know it will probably release next year, and there is still hope that The Last Guardian will in the end be amazing too. So yea, PS3 still has a lot of hope for an excellent game.

But all the replys I got here are lems crying "boohooo ur excludin shootas boohooo", "boohooo gearshaloforza boohooo" and "boohooo ur trolling boohoooo".

Is this really it for lems? I guess so...

#25 Posted by delta3074 (18672 posts) -

Let me show you an example of a reply, if (hypothetically speaking) it was the other way around and there were no GOTY or 10/10 exclusive games on PS3:

Hell yea, there is still a chance. The Last of Us looks pretty good and definitely has a shot to become GOTY. Also, Final Fantasy versus XIII that is supposed to change the JRPG genre as we know it will probably release next year, and there is still hope that The Last Guardian will in the end be amazing too. So yea, PS3 still has a lot of hope for an excellent game.

But all the replys I got here are lems crying "boohooo ur excludin shootas boohooo", "boohooo gearshaloforza boohooo" and "boohooo ur trolling boohoooo".

BlbecekBobecek
shut up dude, like i said already, Xbox 360 has had plenty of great exclusives and like i already pointed out, Gears was GOTY on the xbox 360 BEFORE the PC version released so it already recieved it's first really good exclusive game ages ago, thsi point alone makes your entire thread a failure,Heck it recieved it's first really good exclusive (accordong to critics) when it launched, Perfect dark Zero, just because YOU don't think they are greta games doesn't mean they are not, the 360 beat the Ps3 in the metagames for exclusives, thats all that needs to be said.
#26 Posted by sts106mat (20370 posts) -
[QUOTE="BlbecekBobecek"]

delta3074
shut up dude, like i said already, Xbox 360 has had plenty of great exclusives and like i already pointed out, Gears was GOTY on the xbox 360 BEFORE the PC version released so it already recieved it's first really good exclusive game ages ago, thsi point alone makes your entire thread a failure,Heck it recieved it's first really good exclusive (accordong to critics) when it launched, Perfect dark Zero, just because YOU don't think they are greta games doesn't mean they are not, the 360 beat the Ps3 in the metagames for exclusives, thats all that needs to be said.

but if you dont count shooters.....ps3 can win something..
#27 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

What? What a stupid thread.

#28 Posted by delta3074 (18672 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="BlbecekBobecek"]

sts106mat

Ps3 has just as many exclusive shooters as the billbox,lol
#29 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

BlbecekBobecek

Funny, when it comes to ps3 it's always about games that aren't out yet. Meanwhile on 360 I'm playing the shlt out of Halo 4 (100 hours already), FH and FM4. I can't wait until those ps3 games come out and then it'll be seen for what it is and the next batch of unreleased titles will become the ps3 fanboys swan song.

I'm a pragmatist and long ago realised that you can only play games that are available. ps3 fanboys ask what's coming for 2013 on the 360 and the reply is "2013? Dude it's 2012 so we're playing the AAA 2012 games we have, comeback and ask us in 2013 when we're playing the AAA 2013 games and you're busy hyping 2014 games"

Consoles are for playing (kudos to MS), not gathering dust in waiting (note to sony)

#30 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

Yeah its a shame, but I think lemmings have lower stantards so it may be fine for them.

#31 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="delta3074"]shut up dude, like i said already, Xbox 360 has had plenty of great exclusives and like i already pointed out, Gears was GOTY on the xbox 360 BEFORE the PC version released so it already recieved it's first really good exclusive game ages ago, thsi point alone makes your entire thread a failure,Heck it recieved it's first really good exclusive (accordong to critics) when it launched, Perfect dark Zero, just because YOU don't think they are greta games doesn't mean they are not, the 360 beat the Ps3 in the metagames for exclusives, thats all that needs to be said.delta3074

Ps3 has just as many exclusive shooters as the billbox,lol

ps3 even gets them with lower res, lower framerate, blurred image and screen tearing as an included free bonus. Not to mention the ultra shltty controller for FPS games and no party chat for MP.

#32 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -
the only exclusive they have left that coming out is gears judgment..and i really dont see that getting a 10, so no, they dont have a chance.
#33 Posted by percuvius2 (1982 posts) -

Meeeper282

Why play mature games when you can play kiddy crap like the baby's teething toy in your avatar? Classy!

#34 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9033 posts) -

Project Gotham Racing 4 and Forza Horizon > Every PS3 exclusive in existence.

LOL at excluding shooters and racers. If we exclude action adventures and shooters from PS3 list, PS3 doesn't have many exclusives either.

#35 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -
Well it doesn't look like they'll be getting 1 this gen, meanwhile the PS3 could see another 10 with TLOU
#36 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
Says Xbox Exclusives aren't memorable.......... *Looks at Gamespot nominees* No PS3 exclusive nominees for best PS3 game 2 years running........ :lol:
#37 Posted by tonitorsi (8613 posts) -

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Why do you exclude games?OhSnapitz

StrongDeadLift is that you :shock:

#38 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="Plagueless"]Says Xbox Exclusives aren't memorable.......... *Looks at Gamespot nominees* No PS3 exclusive nominees for best PS3 game 2 years running........ :lol:

:lol: Wow.
#39 Posted by SecretPolice (22955 posts) -

Indeed I mean right, this gen systems lacking a GS 10/10 rated game = fail and that's why I wouldn't hit a dog in da ass with the failures that are PC and 360. :shock: :twisted:

#40 Posted by themajormayor (24077 posts) -
I think it's too late for that. Better luck next gen
#41 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
The Gears of War trilogy is a higher rated series than Uncharted.
#42 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

Why does it have to be since 2007? Didn't the 360 come out in like 2005? What games came out in those two years? And if you're going to say, "because 2007 was when the other consoles came out, and there was competition"... so what? Does that mean games from before 2007 don't exist anymore?

#43 Posted by the_bi99man (11054 posts) -

[QUOTE="BlbecekBobecek"]

[QUOTE="OhSnapitz"] ..because its the only way they'll win. :lol: just like combing system numbers to "tie" for second place.. :lol: how else would they come out on top.. Lie station 3 ;)CaseyWegner

gears of war was exclusive when it won.

This is also quite true. In fact, the PC version probably never would have happened if the game wasn't so successful on the 360. I'm glad it did, though, because it's the infinitely superior version.:P

#44 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -
Maybe. Just expect it to be announced for PC one week later and ported a month after that.
#45 Posted by gensigns (1481 posts) -

Had the only 9.5 exclusive game here last year.

#46 Posted by AdobeArtist (22997 posts) -

TC excluded any logic to his argument, making it fail right of the gate :roll:

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (18760 posts) -
The goal posts always have to be moved it seems. If it's such a bad console why do you need exclusions? Fact is it had the a goty that was exclusive at that time and still can't be played on your ps3. Hopefully it will eventually though.
#48 Posted by BlbecekBobecek (2713 posts) -

The goal posts always have to be moved it seems. If it's such a bad console why do you need exclusions? Fact is it had the a goty that was exclusive at that time and still can't be played on your ps3. Hopefully it will eventually though.cainetao11

Fact is it has not a single exclusive GOTY or 10/10 game during its whole lifespan. It has decent exclusive shooter and racing games, but thats it. No other console this gen was this weak in terms of quality and genre diversity of exclusives.

#49 Posted by TheEroica (14293 posts) -
Ive worked a long day and i come home to a relaxing evening and find this steaming pile of shiit on my computer screen? Sigh...
#50 Posted by delta3074 (18672 posts) -

[QUOTE="cainetao11"]The goal posts always have to be moved it seems. If it's such a bad console why do you need exclusions? Fact is it had the a goty that was exclusive at that time and still can't be played on your ps3. Hopefully it will eventually though.BlbecekBobecek

Fact is it has not a single exclusive GOTY or 10/10 game during its whole lifespan. It has decent exclusive shooter and racing games, but thats it. No other console this gen was this weak in terms of quality and genre diversity of exclusives.

did you even read the thread? yes it DOES have a GOTY, Gears of war, which was exclusive when it won, you said it had not had a GOTY during it's whole lifespan,Wrong,game of the YEAR, The PC version was released more than a year later.