Do you think Valve will someday release Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 on PS3 or PS4?

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by DrRockso87 (2511 posts) -

Sony really missed out this generation with Valve skipping these two games over the PS3. However, now that Gabe is apparently friendly with Sony (seems that way), do you think Valve should port these two titles to PS3 or PS4? Seems like he's missing out on a goldmine not releasing those titles on PS3. I understand why he didn't in the first place but I feel sorry for people who want those games but game exclusively on PS3.

Do you think with the PS4 with PC architecture that now Valve will someday release those two titles on PSN? I think they should. Just release them for $19.99 each and watch the money flow.

Note: Just to clarify, I own the PC versions of both games. I'm more saying this because I know some people that only game on PS3 that want it.

#2 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
Nope. PS would get Left 4 Dead 3, if Valve could count to 3.
#3 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

Just buy the damn game on PC, it goes on sale for 5 dollars like every other month.   And it's a source engine game, so it will run on a toaster

#4 Posted by clyde46 (44983 posts) -
Nope. PS would get Left 4 Dead 3, if Valve could count to 3.locopatho
I lol'd :lol:
#5 Posted by SexyJazzCat (899 posts) -
Maybe a collection for the PS3 if Left 4 Dead 3 was ever announced, but I doubt that'll ever happen.
#6 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -
hope L4D3 is on the way, the other 2 games are so awesome
#7 Posted by Heil68 (43462 posts) -
Maybe on Ps4 since it follows PC architecture.
#8 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Why didn't they come to the PS3?

#9 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

Michael0134567

I think it was because Left4Dead was released when Valve still hated the PS3. It wasn't until Portal 2 that Valve started to like the PS3.

#10 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

Michael0134567
Orange Box port was nasty and Gabe disliked Sony for a while.
#11 Posted by MBirdy88 (7704 posts) -
Cows don't buy many games, so no.....
#12 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

locopatho

I figured it had something to do with The Orange Box. I heard it wasn't so hot on the PS3.

#13 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

I think it was because Left4Dead was released when Valve still hated the PS3. It wasn't until Portal 2 that Valve started to like the PS3.

Maybe someday it'll come. Better late than never, I say.

#14 Posted by DrRockso87 (2511 posts) -

Just buy the damn game on PC, it goes on sale for 5 dollars like every other month.   And it's a source engine game, so it will run on a toaster

lostrib

I have both games on Steam. I just feel sorry for people who only game on PS3 (some of my friends).

#15 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

Maybe someday it'll come. Better late than never, I say.

it'd be easier to just get it on PC, which also has steam workshop integrated

#16 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

[QUOTE="lostrib"]

DrRockso87

I have both games on Steam. I just feel sorry for people who only game on PS3 (some of my friends).

Yeah, l4d2 is really fun with friends. Though I can't imagine trying to play it with a controller especially in versus

#17 Posted by DrRockso87 (2511 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Michael0134567

I figured it had something to do with The Orange Box. I heard it wasn't so hot on the PS3.

Yeah, EA ported The Orange Box to PS3 and it was garbage. Screen tearing and framerate drops galore while playing Portal. Blegh. Picked up the PC version on Steam when I grabbed the Valve Pack during Christmas sale and was amazed how much better Portal played on PC.

I watched an interview once with Gabe Newell explaining why he disliked the PS3 and he makes plenty of good points. However. ever since Portal 2, he's been pretty friendly with Sony so I just think Valve would make a crapload of more money releasing the two games on PS3 or PS4. There's definitely a demand for them from people who never played them.

#18 Posted by SecretPolice (21485 posts) -

Nah, hope they've been busy making HL3 for next gen. release 2014 :o :P

#19 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

SecretPolice
No, Half Life 3 is Microsoft Family Exclusive (MFE, PC/360/720), releasing this Christmas ;)
#20 Posted by clyde46 (44983 posts) -
[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

locopatho
No, Half Life 3 is Microsoft Family Exclusive (MFE, PC/360/720), releasing this Christmas ;)

Given that Valve has already distanced themselves from Win8, I highly doubt that.
#21 Posted by RR360DD (11609 posts) -
Cows still begging for 360 games
#22 Posted by clyde46 (44983 posts) -
Cows still begging for 360 games RR360DD
360 games? The better version is on PC.
#23 Posted by sts106mat (19029 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]Cows still begging for 360 games clyde46
360 games? The better version is on PC.

who cares? surely the best version is the one your mates have?
#24 Posted by SecretPolice (21485 posts) -

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

locopatho

Oh yeah, no doubt along with CoD Ghost & BF4 as MS exclusives as well :o Making it Official May 21st !!! Humungaton incoming. :twisted:

#25 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

clyde46

Given that Valve has already distanced themselves from Win8, I highly doubt that.

Windows 7 is apart of the MS family and will be welcome. As well the Windows Phone version :D
#26 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

Half life 3 might be a steambox exclusive or maybe just steam exclusive game

#27 Posted by Mrmedia01 (1917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

This. Its funny because PS3 version of Portal 2 is better than the 360 version. So at first Valve was talking crap then on a newer game they pump out the best console version on PS3. its funny.

#28 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9511 posts) -

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

yup, back then Valve used to bash the PS3 anytime they could. The were mad that their own game, Orange Box, came out crappy on the PS3 port, but instead of admitting that it was hard for them to port the PS3, they just bashed the PS3.
#29 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

Sony really missed out this generation with Valve skipping these two games over the PS3. However, now that Gabe is apparently friendly with Sony (seems that way), do you think Valve should port these two titles to PS3 or PS4? Seems like he's missing out on a goldmine not releasing those titles on PS3. I understand why he didn't in the first place but I feel sorry for people who want those games but game exclusively on PS3.

Do you think with the PS4 with PC architecture that now Valve will someday release those two titles on PSN? I think they should. Just release them for $19.99 each and watch the money flow.

DrRockso87
No because they would have to create the game again from the ground up. If they just tried to port it (which was still be a pain in the @ss) it would take awhile and would not play or look that great. I don't Valve wants to spend money on a older title like that, just to make it for the PS3. If anything, they will make Left 4 Dead 3 for the PS4 and XBox Infinity.
#30 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

Mrmedia01

This. Its funny because PS3 version of Portal 2 is better than the 360 version. So at first Valve was talking crap then on a newer game they pump out the best console version on PS3. its funny.

Well they weren't talking crap. It WAS a lame system and weird architecure to get used to. Some devs adapted, like Valve, and some never did, like Bethesda.
#31 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

TheFadeForever
That would suck. I wouldn't buy a Steambox just to play that game. PC gamers would hate Valve is they did that, so it probably won't happen that way.
#32 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

There focusing on other project

#33 Posted by freedomfreak (39165 posts) -
Console version is meh anyway. Splitscreen=framerate overkill.
#34 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

I don't care if they do or not. Not interested in a zombie horde game.

#35 Posted by TheFadeForever (1700 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

blackace

That would suck. I wouldn't buy a Steambox just to play that game. PC gamers would hate Valve is they did that, so it probably won't happen that way.

Steam exclusive would be better it would be selling like hot cakes day one

#36 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -
Who cares. It's a shit series. It was fun for about 30 min.
#37 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

Who cares. It's a shit series. It was fun for about 30 min.BigBoss255

Really? it's been fun for like 300+ hours

#38 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7310 posts) -

lostrib

I was coming in to post the same thing.

#39 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

TheFadeForever

That would be a pretty freaking bold move if they went Steambox exclusive, but after the initial fanboy hate was over it could pay off big for them.  Especially if they a full lineup to go with it (Portal 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Team Fortress 3 that's more MMO based) and a huge sale on it's current software lineup for new buyers of the Steambox.

#40 Posted by PAL360 (26717 posts) -

Probably too late for PS3, but i would love a Source 2.0 Left 4 Dead 3, for next gen platforms. After all these years, L4D still has the best coop formula in gaming!

#41 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]Who cares. It's a shit series. It was fun for about 30 min.lostrib

Really? it's been fun for like 300+ hours

They must be trolling, I spent like 3 hours just in one session playing with the family on LAN.  The laughs went on for hours after the line came up "In Memory of Louis" who tragically died while the rest of us escaped on a boat!

#42 Posted by Vatusus (4433 posts) -

Why? You're not missing much. Trust me. L4D is one of the most overrated garbage I've ever played

#43 Posted by lostrib (34464 posts) -

Why? You're not missing much. Trust me. L4D is one of the most overrated garbage I've ever played

Vatusus

it's quite fun

#44 Posted by vashkey (33718 posts) -
Left 4 Dead 3, sure, if it actually comes out some day. But if they were gonna release the first two on a Sony platform they'd have done it by now
#45 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vatusus"]

lostrib

it's quite fine

Definitely some of my most played 360 games.

#46 Posted by DrRockso87 (2511 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrRockso87"]

blackace

No because they would have to create the game again from the ground up. If they just tried to port it (which was still be a pain in the @ss) it would take awhile and would not play or look that great. I don't Valve wants to spend money on a older title like that, just to make it for the PS3. If anything, they will make Left 4 Dead 3 for the PS4 and XBox Infinity.

Seriously? Did EA have to create the original Mass Effect from the ground up when they ported that to the PS3?

I'm not being cynical when I ask that question. I'm being serious. If it's that's difficult then understood but I'd be surprised if it was.

#47 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7783 posts) -

Who cares I have both for PC and barely even played them, as cool as they were they felt like mods.

#48 Posted by PCgameruk (1425 posts) -

lol i had no idead LFD wasn't on the PS3.

#49 Posted by lamprey263 (23161 posts) -
I don't think Valve is much concerned about developing anything anymore, all they have to do is relax and let Steam revenues roll in it's a pretty good deal if you ask me.
#50 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7310 posts) -
I don't think Valve is much concerned about developing anything anymore, all they have to do is relax and let Steam revenues roll in it's a pretty good deal if you ask me.lamprey263
I agree. L4D and Portal were not even ideas from Valve.