Do you think the Xbone will receive a superior multiplat?

• 166 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

Inquiring minds would like to know. If so do you think it will happen sooner than it did for the ps3?

Does a superior multiplat to you go beyond just graphics and performance? Would a few extra voice commands on a xbone title sway your opinion?

I personally think it won't, there will always be some difference between versions due to the hardware gap in favor of the ps4, I'm interested to see what some of you have to say on this however.

#2 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2417 posts) -

Nope, if the dev really does justice to each console but right now the best looking console game is on surprise surprise...X1.

#3 Edited by freedomfreak (39071 posts) -

Oh, graphically?

Nah.

#4 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Oh, graphically?

Nah.

Yeah I suppose I should add kinect command and voice functionality to the OP, although the PS Eye seems to support alot of this stuff as well.

#5 Posted by ni6htmare01 (910 posts) -

I think at the end of this gen XB1 should have few multiplat games that is the than PS4 but 90% of the time PS4 will be better!

#6 Edited by freedomfreak (39071 posts) -

Yeah I suppose I should add kinect command and voice functionality to the OP, although the PS Eye seems to support alot of this stuff as well.

Yeah, or content. Not that it's worth that much, usually.

#7 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9828 posts) -

It will be a reversal of last gen where most multiplats were better on the 360....this time most will be better on the PS4. How much better? who knows.

#8 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Nope.

#9 Posted by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

Man, you're better than this bad troll thread.

Better question, will the PS4 ever get a superior multiplat?

#10 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

I'm not trolling, It's genuine.

Didn't they receive several already?

#11 Posted by lundy86_4 (42978 posts) -

I'm sure someone will botch a game, but PS4 will get the majority of superior multiplats.

#12 Edited by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

#13 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

off the top of my head battlefield and COD, assasins creed, need for speed.

I'm sure there's more but these are just the ones I remember for now.

#14 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

It already has superior multiplats.

#15 Edited by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

All better on PC

#16 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

All better on PC

Well of course, but this threads just comparing the two consoles. lol.

#17 Edited by bforrester420 (1329 posts) -

Only if Microsoft pays off a developer/publisher to purposely gimp the PS4 version.

#18 Posted by bforrester420 (1329 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

You're trolling if you ask a question inconvenient to Xbone supporters, apparently.

#19 Edited by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

All better on PC

You said superior multiplat, you didn't say better than just the PS4.

#20 Posted by StormyJoe (4849 posts) -

Inquiring minds would like to know. If so do you think it will happen sooner than it did for the ps3?

Does a superior multiplat to you go beyond just graphics and performance? Would a few extra voice commands on a xbone title sway your opinion?

I personally think it won't, there will always be some difference between versions due to the hardware gap in favor of the ps4, I'm interested to see what some of you have to say on this however.

It depends on what you mean by "superior". If you are talking about being a graphics whore, then probably never - the PS4 has better hardware. As for "gameplay", it is entirely possible for the XB1 to have a superior multiplat title because of a better online platform and Kinect.

#21 Edited by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -

Well, assuming some shovelware is released on just the Wii U and Xbone, then they may just have a chance.

Only if Microsoft pays off a developer/publisher to purposely gimp the PS4 version.

Or this.

#22 Posted by 2Chalupas (5014 posts) -

Since they have "similar" architecture, but the PS4 is quite a bit more powerful - a developer would almost have to sabotage a game to make it actually worse on PS4. I'm sure it will happen at some point (not intentionally, but some developer will certainly screw it up somehow).

That being said, I think this gen the PS4 will win almost every head to head. The gap seems even bigger than last gen, where it largely came down to pixel counting. We've already seen some PS4 games with a much bigger pixel difference AND framerate advantages compared to last gen - even including some of the shoddier PS3 ports.

#23 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

All better on PC

#24 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

It depends on what you mean by "superior". If you are talking about being a graphics whore, then probably never - the PS4 has better hardware. As for "gameplay", it is entirely possible for the XB1 to have a superior multiplat title because of a better online platform and Kinect.

#25 Edited by edwardecl (2100 posts) -

Is the online platform really that much better? Not played either yet.

#26 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

Supposedly sony's new online for the ps4 is leagues better than it was for the ps3.

#27 Posted by mems_1224 (46485 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@mems_1224 said:

Which ones?

All better on PC

I win

#28 Edited by Heil68 (43397 posts) -
#29 Posted by StormyJoe (4849 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

MS's cloud is one of the biggest in the world. Many times bigger than anything Sony could put together. Even if the cloud gets under utilized to be just "dedicated servers", it would still be a far superior experience than what could be offered by Sony.

And, voice commands are awesome.

Dumb cows...

#30 Edited by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

No, it obviously won't.

Expect this whole gen Xbox multiplats to be 720p vs 1080p on PS4

Or 30 fps vs 60 fps on PS4

#31 Edited by blackace (20238 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: It took the PS3 almost 5 years to get a superior Multiplat and it was only because the game was built from the ground up on the PS3 and then ported to the XBox 360. If they had make it from the ground up on the XBox 360, it would have been better.

Eventually it will happen. Not really concerned about that since the games will still be fairly similar anyways.

#32 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

MS's cloud is one of the biggest in the world. Many times bigger than anything Sony could put together. Even if the cloud gets under utilized to be just "dedicated servers", it would still be a far superior experience than what could be offered by Sony.

And, voice commands are awesome.

Dumb cows...

#33 Posted by StormyJoe (4849 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

Supposedly sony's new online for the ps4 is leagues better than it was for the ps3.

But, like I just posted, MS has either "the" biggest, or the 2nd biggest cloud in the world (I think Amazon is still no. 1) Even if everything else falls through and it just turns out to be a gigantic bay of dedicated servers, it's still a far bigger and more robust multiplayer platform than what Sony could ever do. MS's cloud cost (before Xbox's addition) over $1 billion; and they threw in an extra $700 million for XBL.

#34 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

@StormyJoe: please explain how it's better exactly.

Instead of talking about how much Microsoft put into the cloud, tell me from your own perspective what ways this "cloud" has benefitted you

#35 Posted by SolidTy (42403 posts) -

Sure why not. Perhaps a late port of some game, sloppy seconds...every dog has it's day, but it's going to be a rare event.

#36 Edited by silversix_ (14042 posts) -

Yes! compared to last gen...

#37 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

PC will receive all the superior multiplats, kiddos.

#38 Posted by StormyJoe (4849 posts) -

Instead of talking about how much Microsoft put into the cloud, tell me from your own perspective what ways this "cloud" has benefitted you

Well, at work I use Office 365 and our databases are SQL Azure based, so I use the cloud every single day - and it is awesome. From a gaming perspective, using the Cloud in games is a new thing, so not much has been done with it yet (other than dedicated gaming servers).

#39 Posted by StormyJoe (4849 posts) -

@I_can_haz:

So, you have no retort other than gifs, utter-sucker? That's all you got?

Perhaps, then, you let the big boys talk.

#40 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

Well, at work I use Office 365 and our databases are SQL Azure based, so I use the cloud every single day - and it is awesome. From a gaming perspective, using the Cloud in games is a new thing, so not much has been done with it yet (other than dedicated gaming servers).

#41 Posted by bforrester420 (1329 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ReadingRainbow4: It took the PS3 almost 5 years to get a superior Multiplat and it was only because the game was built from the ground up on the PS3 and then ported to the XBox 360. If they had make it from the ground up on the XBox 360, it would have been better.

Eventually it will happen. Not really concerned about that since the games will still be fairly similar anyways.

The PS4 multiplat problem was not so much due to large differences in power in comparison to the Xbox 360, but in the difficulty of porting games developed with the 360 as the lead platform to the admittedly poorly designed PS3 architecture.

This generation is a different story because the PS4 is both more powerful and has essentially the same architecture. I say "essentially" because if anything, the Xbox might be more complicated to optimize because of the ESRAM. Correct me if I'm wrong on it being ESRAM, but you know to what I'm referring.

#42 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13366 posts) -

@blackace said:

The PS4 multiplat problem was not so much due to large differences in power in comparison to the Xbox 360, but in the difficulty of porting games developed with the 360 as the lead platform to the admittedly poorly designed PS3 architecture.

This generation is a different story because the PS4 is both more powerful and has essentially the same architecture. I say "essentially" because if anything, the Xbox might be more complicated to optimize because of the ESRAM. Correct me if I'm wrong on it being ESRAM, but you know to what I'm referring.

Yeah apparently some of these developers really hate working with ESRAM, I always thought that was interesting.

#43 Posted by Shewgenja (8441 posts) -

Whomever makes a multiplat run worse on the PS4 will be the laughing stock of the gaming industry.

#44 Posted by Vatusus (4409 posts) -

The PS3 and X360 were more or less the same graphically. One had some advantages over the other and vice versa. The PS3 architecture was a hard one to work with but with the right budget you could see better looking multiplats and exclusives than on the 360. The PS4 however, is clearly more powerfull than the X1 and, going by reports, easier to work with aswell so, unless devs are paid by MS or are really sh*tty devs, the PS4 version of multiplats will always get the advantage graphically

#45 Edited by Vatusus (4409 posts) -
@blackace said:

5 years? lolwat? Burnout Paradise was the 1st multiplat game reported to run better on the PS3.

#46 Edited by Couth_ (10007 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

It will be a reversal of last gen where most multiplats were better on the 360....this time most will be better on the PS4. How much better? who knows.

Any PC gamer already knows the difference between a 7770 with DDR3 or a 7850 with GDDR5 is just about 1080p@60fps or 720p@60fps for the 7770, while the 7850 is much more capable at 1080p@60fps for most games..

It's ultimately up to the developer how much parity they want to achieve though. Many of us have said from the beginning 1080p OR 60fps would be a common thing for the xbone the entire gen... Keeping all assets and effects the same, it's probably easiest for them to just drop the res, or get less frames.

#47 Posted by darkangel115 (1504 posts) -

let me ask this question.

If a game comes out, lets say a FPS and its 1080p 60fps on PS4 but is P2P, and its 900p 60fps on X1 but its hosted on azure, which is the better version?

#48 Posted by StormyJoe (4849 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@BlessedChill said:

Umm... All the XB1 games run off dedicated servers for multiplayer (no peer-to-peer like 360).

I could just let you keep looking like a dumbass, but I feel obligated for some reason to try and make you at least somewhat educated...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/15/microsoft-to-have-dedicated-servers-for-all-xbox-one-multiplayer-games.aspx

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/63690/all-xbox-one-games-will-have-dedicated-servers

http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-free-dedicated-servers-should-improve-multip-1446495827

#49 Posted by Shewgenja (8441 posts) -

Wrong. Forza is the ONLY game using dedicated servers you XMuppet.

#50 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@I_can_haz said:

@StormyJoe said:

@BlessedChill said:

Umm... All the XB1 games run off dedicated servers for multiplayer (no peer-to-peer like 360).

I could just let you keep looking like a dumbass, but I feel obligated for some reason to try and make you at least somewhat educated...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/10/15/microsoft-to-have-dedicated-servers-for-all-xbox-one-multiplayer-games.aspx

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/63690/all-xbox-one-games-will-have-dedicated-servers

http://kotaku.com/xbox-ones-free-dedicated-servers-should-improve-multip-1446495827

I know dedicated servers are new to lembots but even Resistance Fall of Man on PS3 had dedicated servers since 2006. PCs have had dedicated servers for much longer. There's no power of cloud dropping dedicated server fire siphons exclusively on the peasant lemming masses.