Do you think the New Zelda may be a Mature Title like the new metriod?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wv06
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

1)Could the Zelda series handle going in that direction?

Nintendo is very hush about this title and said they cant reveal any information at this time.. With the direction they are taking Metriod it wouldn't surprise me if that is the only title they are revamping for more adult gamers

2)Will these adult style game sell as well? Specifically Zelda if it is in fact a more mature game?

3)Thoughts on the possibility..good or bad..?

Mckenna1845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mckenna1845
Member since 2005 • 4410 Posts

until we see a trailer at least it's hard to judge. twilight princess had quite a dark look to the game, but kept the same zelda gameplay. with the implentation of wii motion plus, and it may be a necessity they may change the gameplay up abit, but we'll see.

i doubt they'll make it god of war style with people getting heads chopped etc.

zelda's have always been 12+ in the uk, so a 15 might make it little less accessible, but gta's 18 rating doesn't stop kids. i think it will sell pretty much the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

1)Could the Zelda series handle going in that direction?

Nintendo is very hush about this title and said they cant reveal any information at this time.. With the direction they are taking Metriod it wouldn't surprise me if that is the only title they are revamping for more adult gamers

2)Will these adult style game sell as well? Specifically Zelda if it is in fact a more mature game?

3)Thoughts on the possibility..good or bad..?

wv06
1. highly possible, we saw glimpses of that in Twilight Princes, didnt we? 2. Yeah, Zelda has millions of fan, they give a crap about the game's rating 3. Well, as long as it's as well made as the past Zelda games, it doesnt matter at all if the game is M, does it? All that matters is how good or bad the game is. But yeah, your theory is certainly intriguing, I must say
toenip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 toenip
Member since 2006 • 375 Posts

I dont think so because nintendo have always tried to keep the zelda series open to all ages and i think they well keep it open to all ages as long as the zelda games are going.

FloWeN-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FloWeN-UK
Member since 2004 • 693 Posts

This is the program, they shouldn't be trying to make the new Zelda appeal to a wider audiance which is what Nintendo are obviously going to be doing with the next Zelda judging by what I read in the interview with Miyamoto. It's inevetibly just going to ruin the Zelda experience when you dumb it down and make it easy for casual gamers. Make a Zelda game for Zelda effing fans, I really couldn't care less if it's mature or not. Adult Link who cares. Just improve on the old ones and don't dumb it down for stinking casuals everyone will be happy.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
it won't be rated M if that's what you mean. I wouldn't want zelda to go in that direction.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The visual styIe is TP-ish. And Link will be older. So i think so.

Iamsmee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Iamsmee
Member since 2008 • 470 Posts

Zelda is a complex series of games, how is that not mature?

Every Zelda has 'good guy beats bad guy', while at the same time there is a hidden level of complexity in the characters that children cannot see. So to me, Zelda is mature while at the same time being playable by children. E.G. Why are there so many Zelda's and why are they always fighting the same Ganon? Sure someone could say, "oh the stories aren't linked so your point is invalid", but many of the stories do link, certain Zelda's link to others, etc. And stuff like, the Princesses are always being named Zelda because of a law years ago.

So is Link actually winning? Because Ganon seems to always exist is one form or the other (whether as Ganon or Ganondorf, as a beast or as a Gerudo), and it is proven that it is the same Ganon.

chicken008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 chicken008
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Well the Metroid games have always been kind of mature, this new one just seems to have a lot more action.

wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wv06
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained.

The new metriod coming out is being co-developed by the team behind Ninja Gaiden, (known for bloody action, such as decapitation and limbs cut off).. Although i doubt this Metriod will show blood they said Team Ninja is not only helping with creating more action but also to make the game more of a adult title
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained.

I agree with you they went the darker route with the last one and that was has mature as I would want Zelda to be.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained. wv06
The new metriod coming out is being co-developed by the team behind Ninja Gaiden, (known for bloody action, such as decapitation and limbs cut off).. Although i doubt this Metriod will show blood they said Team Ninja is not only helping with creating more action but also to make the game more of a adult title

So with "mature" you meant bloody...
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

Sure,if they want to completely alienate much of their fanbase and get less sales.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-63f6895020e66
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained. HarlockJC
I agree with you they went the darker route with the last one and that was has mature as I would want Zelda to be.

True. TP was a more adult title than the common Zelda. The TC means bloody, and no, I don't want Zelda to be like Ninja Gaiden.
wv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wv06
[QUOTE="wv06"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained. IronBass

No i dont, just giving a example of the team.. By mature I mean a grown up Link, not as childish comedy, more adult dialog such as FFs or other RPG type games etc.. I know TP touched on some of these apsects but I still would consider it a game made more for people ages 12-16
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained. IronBass

True. TP was a more adult title than the common Zelda. The TC means bloody, and no, I don't want Zelda to be like Ninja Gaiden.

I think people who do not understand Zelda want it to be the next GOW or something. Not understanding why Zelda has so much more better gameplay than the eye candy that god of war gives them.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained. wv06

The Prime series was very adult. Serious story. Dark. Broody. A story can be made for adults without having blood and gore.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 HarlockJC
[QUOTE="wv06"] No i dont, just giving a example of the team.. By mature I mean a grown up Link, not as childish comedy, more adult dialog such as FFs or other RPG type games etc.. I know TP touched on some of these apsects but I still would consider it a game made more for people ages 12-16

How is that any different than TP?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-63f6895020e66
No i dont, just giving a example of the team.. By mature I mean a grown up Link, not as childish comedy, more adult dialog such as FFs or other RPG type games etc.. I know TP touched on some of these apsects but I still would consider it a game made more for people ages 12-16wv06
FF "more adult dialog"? Ok.... No, I don't want Zelda to have FF-like dialogue.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="wv06"] The new metriod coming out is being co-developed by the team behind Ninja Gaiden, (known for bloody action, such as decapitation and limbs cut off).. Although i doubt this Metriod will show blood they said Team Ninja is not only helping with creating more action but also to make the game more of a adult titlewv06

No i dont, just giving a example of the team.. By mature I mean a grown up Link, not as childish comedy, more adult dialog such as FFs or other RPG type games etc.. I know TP touched on some of these apsects but I still would consider it a game made more for people ages 12-16

Twilight Princess is the MOST "adult" Zelda will ever be. It's not getting any more serious than that I'm pretty sure of it. The nature of the franchise doesn't allow for anything else.
david_lck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 david_lck
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

I wouldn't mind at all, a Zelda game regardless of it's rating will still sell.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I'm very excited for the new Zelda but I have a BAD feeling about it. This is a "new" Nintendo we're dealing with here. I'm tired of them tyring to revolutionize everything. The key is evolution, not revolution when it comes to working on classic franchises. They need to keep with the same formula as the foundation and just improve on that. I wish they'd stop tying to make crazy, wacky changes to everything. Zelda is about adventure and puzzle solving in great environments. I'm afraid their going to try something stupid as hell like make it a FPS action game. :?

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bread_or_Decide
The easy answer is no a Nintendo title will never have blood, gore, or sex. Team Ninja working on Metroid means nothing for those areas all it means is we can count on some serious polished action style gameplay. Hopefully Team Ninja has nothing to do with the story...thats one area they truly suck in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-63f6895020e66
I wish they'd stop tying to make crazy, wacky changes to everything. :?Pirate700
Which classic franchise has had a "crazy, wacky change" recently? If anything, people have complained that they are too much of the same.
Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"] I wish they'd stop tying to make crazy, wacky changes to everything. :?IronBass
Which classic franchise has had a "crazy, wacky change" recently? If anything, people have complained that they are too much of the same.

Gee, I don't know. How about SMG? That much of a change still works with a light hearted game like mario. Such a degree of departure will not with Zelda, IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Gee, I don't know. How about SMG? That much of a change still works with a light hearted game like mario. Such a degree of departure will not with Zelda, IMO.Pirate700
SMG didn't have any major change to the formula. It was expanded and improved, but the basis is similar to SM64's and SMS's.
error_202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 error_202
Member since 2005 • 313 Posts

[QUOTE="HarlockJC"][QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]How is the new Metroid any more or less mature? The last Zelda was very mature. People STILL complained. IronBass

Yeah i also dont want the next zelda to be like that.

But i do want the next Zelda to have the level of sophistication MM did. I really wish people talked about what this game does more (i know i know its old). MM dealt with themes that no game has ever touched. It truly is the most dark/morbid/surreal game ever. I would never want Nintendo to make a MM 2 but i really do hope they do something as radical as it.

matma7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 matma7
Member since 2004 • 100 Posts

In a word 'No'

nothing has been wrong with past formula's (i loved the art for Wind Waker, gameplay wise, it was a bit too easy).Twilight Princess was fine for me,a more mature game wont increase sales. I'd like to see more challenging puzzles over a bit of blood or gore.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KungfuKitten

I'm very excited for the new Zelda but I have a BAD feeling about it. This is a "new" Nintendo we're dealing with here. I'm tired of them tyring to revolutionize everything. The key is evolution, not revolution when it comes to working on classic franchises. They need to keep with the same formula as the foundation and just improve on that. I wish they'd stop tying to make crazy, wacky changes to everything. Zelda is about adventure and puzzle solving in great environments. I'm afraid their going to try something stupid as hell like make it a FPS action game. :?

Pirate700

All signs are pointing to what You want. So i wouldn't really despair. I'm more afraid there won't be enough change. A new theme, setting, magic system or even a new/unlockable/optional second protagonist/interaction with people like in MM/much more challenge. I know You want change, but i wouldn't mind them to throw in some crazy. You see i will be playing Spirit Tracks, and i don't want there to be a new Zelda on the Wii making me feel 'been there done that'. I had that a little bit with TP and it was nightmarish.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pirate700

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]Gee, I don't know. How about SMG? That much of a change still works with a light hearted game like mario. Such a degree of departure will not with Zelda, IMO.IronBass
SMG didn't have any major change to the formula. It was expanded and improved, but the basis is similar to SM64's and SMS's.

All I'm saying is they better not make this some FPS or an action game. Zelda is supposed to be kind of "slow" as it's about the adventure and the puzzle solving. It's been that way for 20 years and I wouldn't be surprised if they ruin it this time. They'll probably have him cutting off people's heads, and wall running and doing all kinds of weird crap. The only comforting part is he acknowledged in his conference that he knows the fans want the game to be simple so who knows.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

I hope they use a different gameplay formula, dungeons just aren't fun for me

matma7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 matma7
Member since 2004 • 100 Posts

[QUOTE="Pirate700"]

KungfuKitten

All signs are pointing to what You want. So i wouldn't really despair. I'm more afraid there won't be enough change. A new theme, setting, magic system or even a new/unlockable/optional second protagonist/interaction with people like in MM/much more challenge. I know You want change, but i wouldn't mind them to throw in some crazy. You see i will be playing Spirit Tracks, and i don't want there to be a new Zelda on the Wii making me feel 'been there done that'. I had that a little bit with TP and it was nightmarish.

A First Person Shooter - and you agree? Your joking... RRright!!!

I'm more worried it'll be too easy as toallow the casual gamer the zelda experience.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="IronBass"][QUOTE="Pirate700"]Gee, I don't know. How about SMG? That much of a change still works with a light hearted game like mario. Such a degree of departure will not with Zelda, IMO.Pirate700

All I'm saying is they better not make this some FPS or an action game. Zelda is supposed to be kind of "slow" as it's about the adventure and the puzzle solving. It's been that way for 20 years and I wouldn't be surprised if they ruin it this time. They'll probably have him cutting off people's heads, and wall running and doing all kinds of weird crap. The only comforting part is he acknowledged in his conference that he knows the fans want the game to be simple so who knows.

Haha ah yes that could happen too. I really hope it won't be action packed. Like i said before, mystery is one of the unique things about Zelda. I want more mysteries. But he used that word as well, and i know they listen to everything that is being said, even from on here.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

Zelda games have always received age ratings of 12+ in the UK, so a 16+ rating might make the new Zelda game a little less accessible, but GTA's 18+ rating doesn't stop kids from playing it either. I believe that it will sell pretty much the same.

SamusTehSexxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SamusTehSexxy
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts

why is metroid another M anymore mature then metroid prime 3 corruption

akif22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 akif22
Member since 2003 • 16012 Posts
if it goes darker, it'll be a Majora's Mask style of darkness .. impending doom and tragedy don't expect fountains of blood, decapitations or anything like that .. it's not the nintendo style .. even metroid isn't like that