Do you think the new xbox or ps4 will use the technology in the new hdtv's

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jim1174 (221 posts) -

I am sure you all have been hearing about the new HDTV's that were shown at the electronics show. Do you think the new xbox or ps4 will have something in there consoles that will use the new technology that these TVs offer ? Since Sony is making one of these new TV's it could be possible that the ps4 might. If not it would suck to have to wait 6 or 7 years for another console that does make use of these new TV's

#2 Posted by jim1174 (221 posts) -
bump
#3 Posted by Gue1 (11374 posts) -

4k resolution and 240 frame-rate natively? Nope.

All those new TV's are just a waste of time and money. Technology on TVs is going way faster than the pace that people are adopting it. 4k is useless on smaller screens than 100 inches and 240 frames rate is equally pointless too.

#4 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Good God know, next gen consoles will struggle to keep up with TVs out today. The next consoles will probably not even do 1080p 60fps. In fact a fully kitted out PC would find it hard to fully utilise those new TVs at a decent framerate. 4K resolution is just dumb right now

#5 Posted by Heirren (18922 posts) -
Well if nvidias little console was outputting 4k, with a processor to be used with mobile devices(tegra 4), I don't see why not.
#6 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

ps4K , im sure sony will push 4K since they sell 4K tvs

#7 Posted by clyde46 (47549 posts) -
Well if nvidias little console was outputting 4k, with a processor to be used with mobile devices(tegra 4), I don't see why not. Heirren
You can output pre-rendered content to 4K and higher pretty easily, trying to output to 4K on the fly? Dont this so.
#8 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Considering the current consoles stuggle to get even a consistent 720p/30fps, 4K probably won't be viable untill the next-next gen consoles...

#9 Posted by Stream_Beta (352 posts) -

Yeah...no. There is no way in hell that they would be able to do those resolutions at a decent frame rate, you could do it put the game would have to either look terrible or the frame rate would need to be 2-5fps.

Also from most developers they have said their games will probably still be 720p with the next consoles.

Well if nvidias little console was outputting 4k, with a processor to be used with mobile devices(tegra 4), I don't see why not. Heirren

Ummm...the Project Shield was not outputting 4k fyi.

#10 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

No.

1080p is what I'm expecting from next-gen consoles. Only the PC can go beyond that.

#11 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1867 posts) -

im sure you can watch 4k movies on ps4... if you got the money to blow. i find 4k to be a waste of money just like 3D. i'll be perfectly happy playing games at native 1080.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (47171 posts) -
No, at this point not a lot of people have those tvs and add the additional cost to make the hardware.
#13 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -
No, at this point not a lot of people have those tvs and add the additional cost to make the hardware.Heil68
im getting a 4K 3D tv as soon as i can (afford it)
#14 Posted by Heirren (18922 posts) -

Yeah...no. There is no way in hell that they would be able to do those resolutions at a decent frame rate, you could do it put the game would have to either look terrible or the frame rate would need to be 2-5fps.

Also from most developers they have said their games will probably still be 720p with the next consoles.

[QUOTE="Heirren"]Well if nvidias little console was outputting 4k, with a processor to be used with mobile devices(tegra 4), I don't see why not. Stream_Beta

Ummm...the Project Shield was not outputting 4k fyi.

Ah, okay. I thought I read that it was--as the next gen tablets will have 4k displays, most likely.
#15 Posted by V3rciS (2206 posts) -

Yea my bet would only go with PCs