Do you think that Xbox One is the new Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by leandrro (807 posts) 8 months, 20 days ago

Poll: Do you think that Xbox One is the new Wii? (32 votes)

yes 16%
no 84%

let me explain:

Wii is far more powerful than PS2 but still far behind X360/PS3 - one of its main selling point is casual gamers and motion controls

for this next gen, Microsoft invested in a hardware that is far more powerfull than X360/PS3 but still far behind PS4 - one of its main selling points is casual gamers and motion controls

#1 Edited by blackace (20287 posts) -

The XB1 is its own beast. The cage has yet to be open on the XB1.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29540 posts) -

Far behind PS4?

#3 Posted by Willy105 (24513 posts) -

I think it's the new Saturn. It came out after the incredibly successful Genesis, which itself was a successor to a far less successful Master System. However, due to mistakes the company has made in creating the console and marketing it, it's getting a really hard time with competition.

#4 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

No. It's nothing like the Wii:

- close power to top console unlike Wii

- amazing third party support unlike Wii

- great multimedia options unlike the Wii

- not selling far and above both other consoles unlike the Wii

In fact the only similarity I can really find is that people like to hate on the XB1 and yet it still seems to sell really well, similar to the Wii

#5 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2128 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

In fact the only similarity I can really find is that people like to hate on the XB1 and yet it still seems to sell really well, similar to the Wii

Most important, you forgot ONLINE AND MULTIPLAYER !!!!!!!!!

#6 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3481 posts) -

That sounds like a compliment, considering how awesome the Wii is.

#7 Posted by leandrro (807 posts) -

nintendo used to say that the wii was super powerful and on the same level as PS3/X360

nintendo fanboys all believed it

they also said it would always have full third party support

but the decision to make it less powerful set it appart and as casual gamers got bored the sales stopped,

i guess casual gamers are still bored with consoles and thats the danger for X1

#8 Posted by thegroveman (115 posts) -

Typical fanboy crap. The Xbox One is not "far behind" the PS4, not nearly to the degree that the Wii was behind 360/PS3. Also, the "main selling point" of the Xbox One is not motion controls or casual gamers. The Xbox main selling point is and always will be dudebros, Doritos, NFL, and Call of Duty. I think they are actually trying to innovate with media integration, Kinect, etc, but we'll see what the market ultimately thinks about all of that.

#9 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150350 posts) -

Nope. Way too expensive to generate those sales numbers....

#10 Posted by Jacobistheman (3975 posts) -

No. The difference in power between the Xbox One and PS4 is nowhere near the difference between the Wii and PS3/360. It is more like the difference between the PS4 and 360. It is more like the difference between the 360 and the PS3.

• The xbox one processors is 10% faster.
  • The PS4 has 18 GPU cores, vs the Xbox Ones 12, but each xbox one core is 10% faster. The PS4 is similar to Radeon HD 7870 and Xbox One is similar to an over-clocked HD 7790.
  • The PS4 has faster ram (DDR5 vs DDR3), but the Xbox One also has a little SRAM on the SOC die with similar speed to DDR5 (theoretically faster) and lower latency (because it is on the SOC.).

(The ps3 processor was theoretically 3 times faster, and had a more powerful GPU core, but the 360 had 10MB of RAM on the GPU die that made it perform better)

#11 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

I think it's the new Saturn. It came out after the incredibly successful Genesis, which itself was a successor to a far less successful Master System. However, due to mistakes the company has made in creating the console and marketing it, it's getting a really hard time with competition.

I don't remember the Saturn selling more than the Genesis in the same amount of time more than double of the Genesis numbers.

#12 Posted by lundy86_4 (43010 posts) -

Largely how I imagine your posts:

#13 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25597 posts) -

What in the name of Tony Danza's scrotum? No I don't think it's the new Wii or the new anything really.

#14 Posted by mariokart64fan (19379 posts) -

rotflol nope, no one gonna come close to wii in terms of quality games , keep saying what you want but I don't think 200 generic fpses can top nintendos games,

and xbox one ya that is already being out sold by wiiu so theres that

#15 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

rotflol nope, no one gonna come close to wii in terms of quality games , keep saying what you want but I don't think 200 generic fpses can top nintendos games,

and xbox one ya that is already being out sold by wiiu so theres that

Oh yeah, I remember this guy, vanished for awhile.

#16 Posted by foxhound_fox (87712 posts) -

"Far behind PS4"

Yeah, no. I doubt there will be any difference between the two platforms (much like how much "more powerful" the PS3 was over the 360). Especially with the shared x86 architecture. It will allow developers to build the game to one platform's standards and easily port it over for less cost and time.

#17 Edited by farrell2k (5808 posts) -

The XB720 ill never be as popular as the Wii.

#18 Posted by the9thinning (926 posts) -

No, the Wii was awesome

#19 Edited by Micropixel (865 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

This.

I also don't feel that the Xbox One's tech is as far behind the PS4's as people say. They're both capable of pretty much capable of the same results but through different stages of development.

#20 Edited by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

It's not a compliment.

#21 Edited by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Most important, you forgot ONLINE AND MULTIPLAYER !!!!!!!!!

My bad, yeah that too.

#22 Posted by cainetao11 (16898 posts) -

No its the new Xbox.................seriously, no. It is too high priced and Kinect isn't new. I think MS would possibly have more success if they had waited for X1 to introduce Kinect, rather than add on to 360.

#23 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3481 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@princessgomez92 said:

It's not a compliment.

It's a compliment.

#24 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4370 posts) -

Microsoft wishes.

#25 Posted by blackace (20287 posts) -

The Wii is no longer popular. It's actually DEAD now. Nintendo pulled the plug on iot. So year, the XB1 is definitely not like the Wii. It's actually selling. units and software.

#26 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

The Xbone will never get anything like the Galaxies.

#27 Edited by farrell2k (5808 posts) -

@blackace said:

@farrell2k said:

The Wii is no longer popular. It's actually DEAD now. Nintendo pulled the plug on iot. So year, the XB1 is definitely not like the Wii. It's actually selling. units and software.

Oh? I just saw it and games for it for sale in Walmart. Oh, never mind. You meant that it is no longer popular in your head. Right....

#28 Posted by blamix99 (1684 posts) -

i don't think the X1 will be as cool as the Wii