Do you think Starbreeze will make another Riddick game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ElectronicMagic (5412 posts) -

For those of you that don't know, Starbreeze made two very fun The Chronicles of Riddick games, they were prequels to the first movie "Pitch Black". This is one of the few times a developer has actually made a good game based off of movie franchise. Well now they are filming sequel to that second chronicles of Riddick movie, so I am hoping and wondering if anyone else thinks that Tigon Studios(Vin Diesel's game studio) will produce another Riddick game while Starbreeze develops it? It's been a month or so since Starbreeze's last game came out called Syndicate, so as of right now it sounds like they are free to do whatever they want since I don't think they have any development deals with any other publishers yet, at least none that they have announced. So would you guys like to see another Starbreeze developed Riddick game? Please *NO SPOILERS* in this thread please for the people who may not have played it and might want to pick it up brand new for only 20 dollars.

As for me, I loved the first Riddick game and I loved the demo for the second game that I played, unfortunately I haven't had the time to play the second game yet because Starbreeze bundled the two games together for the X360 and they remastered the first game into HD and made the game technically better to the original XBOX version.

#2 Posted by ElectronicMagic (5412 posts) -

Nobody here liked the Riddick games I take it?

#3 Posted by jg4xchamp (50027 posts) -
Chronicles of Riddick was beast. But I'd rather they do something in The Darkness universe, but with a lot better gameplay.
#4 Posted by getyeryayasout (8407 posts) -
I'd love another since both Riddick games are great. TC try The Syndicate, it's by Starbreeze.
#5 Posted by evilross (1891 posts) -

Both Riddick games were really good, and when it came out on the old Xbox Butcher Bay was years ahead of its time.

Funny you brought these games up, I just picked up the Dark Athena disc for $12 bucks with the HD version of Bucher Bay. My wife played Butcher bay every night this week and just finished it last night. It was her first time with the game and she was hooked hardcore right from the start. Being a fan of the movies helped.

Anyway, yea, a new Riddick game from Starbreeze and Tigron would be awesome. A new movie would be awesome too.

#6 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6765 posts) -

Does Starbreeze even own the IP? Never quite understood if it was thiers, or they were hired to make the Riddick games.

In any case, I really like Starbreze, but would prefer them to make something I had not anticipated, a new universe or something in those lines. THey are Really good at making FPS games that feel and play fairly uniquely, altho if they run out of imagination I would not turn down another Riddick game ^^ But in this industry, I have gotten to the point where I can get slightly sick of sequals.

#7 Posted by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

No, Vin Diesel's game production company has gone dark so I assume he doesn't care about being in games anymore. Which is a tragedy, because I believe Vin Diesel should be in every game.

#8 Posted by ElectronicMagic (5412 posts) -

Both Riddick games were really good, and when it came out on the old Xbox Butcher Bay was years ahead of its time.

Funny you brought these games up, I just picked up the Dark Athena disc for $12 bucks with the HD version of Bucher Bay. My wife played Butcher bay every night this week and just finished it last night. It was her first time with the game and she was hooked hardcore right from the start. Being a fan of the movies helped.

Anyway, yea, a new Riddick game from Starbreeze and Tigron would be awesome. A new movie would be awesome too.

evilross

Well that movie part is happening. Riddick 3 is filming as we speak. From what I understand it is going to be less epic than the second film and more like the first film in terms of scope.

#9 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
If anything they should do a remake in a new engine for the WiiU/PC. I still need to play Assault on Dark Athena. I've been making to drop the $10 smackers, but something else always comes up (usually bills).
#10 Posted by ElectronicMagic (5412 posts) -

Does Starbreeze even own the IP? Never quite understood if it was thiers, or they were hired to make the Riddick games.

In any case, I really like Starbreze, but would prefer them to make something I had not anticipated, a new universe or something in those lines. THey are Really good at making FPS games that feel and play fairly uniquely, altho if they run out of imagination I would not turn down another Riddick game ^^ But in this industry, I have gotten to the point where I can get slightly sick of sequals.

Maddie_Larkin

Tigon owns the rights as far as I know, that is or was Vin Diesel's own game studio, he hired the guys at Starbreeze to develop the games. Kind of like how Mistwalker is only a studio of three people, but they get the developing duties done by AQ Interactive for the game The Last Story. And Starbreeze made the first "The Darkness" game and recently released "Syndicate" which looks a look like Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

#11 Posted by ElectronicMagic (5412 posts) -

If anything they should do a remake in a new engine for the WiiU/PC. I still need to play Assault on Dark Athena. I've been making to drop the $10 smackers, but something else always comes up (usually bills).Zeviander

Same here. I owned it for the longest time and got rid of it for some reason, then i decided I wanted to play it again but if I get it I think I am going to have to force myself to replay the remastered Butcher Bay game before playing Dark Athena.

#12 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
I think I am going to have to force myself to replay the remastered Butcher Bay game before playing Dark Athena.ElectronicMagic
One should not have to force oneself to play TCoR: EFBB. :3
#13 Posted by evilross (1891 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"]If anything they should do a remake in a new engine for the WiiU/PC. I still need to play Assault on Dark Athena. I've been making to drop the $10 smackers, but something else always comes up (usually bills).ElectronicMagic

Same here. I owned it for the longest time and got rid of it for some reason, then i decided I wanted to play it again but if I get it I think I am going to have to force myself to replay the remastered Butcher Bay game before playing Dark Athena.

The remastered Butcher Bay looks really damn sharp. Hard to believe its a port from a older platform actually. Great fun game too.

#14 Posted by Macka9000 (671 posts) -

Escape from Butcher Bay is great, and I'd love to see a game of that style again.
The sequel was quite terrible though, so I'd rather not have any new game if it's gonna be that bad

#15 Posted by ElectronicMagic (5412 posts) -

[QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I think I am going to have to force myself to replay the remastered Butcher Bay game before playing Dark Athena.Zeviander
One should not have to force oneself to play TCoR: EFBB. :3[/QUOTE

You are correct, "force" was the wrong word. More like "I am going to have to play through the first game again before playing Dark Athena because it is such a great game and I want to see how it looks and feels since they remastered it.".

#16 Posted by getyeryayasout (8407 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zeviander"][QUOTE="ElectronicMagic"]I think I am going to have to force myself to replay the remastered Butcher Bay game before playing Dark Athena.ElectronicMagic

One should not have to force oneself to play TCoR: EFBB. :3[/QUOTE

You are correct, "force" was the wrong word. More like "I am going to have to play through the first game again before playing Dark Athena because it is such a great game and I want to see how it looks and feels since they remastered it.".

Check out the dev comentary (releaesed as free dlc on XBL) since you've played Butcher Bay before. It's pretty interesting. I actually was playing BB a couple weeks ago, holds up amazingly well.
#17 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22187 posts) -

Chronicles of Riddick was beast. But I'd rather they do something in The Darkness universe, but with a lot better gameplay. jg4xchamp
didnt the dark sector devs just did that with the darkness 2?

#18 Posted by evilross (1891 posts) -

Escape from Butcher Bay is great, and I'd love to see a game of that style again.
The sequel was quite terrible though, so I'd rather not have any new game if it's gonna be that bad

Macka9000

Dark Athena was anything but terrible. It may not be Butcher Bay, but its better then 90% of the FPS Call of Duty clones and hum drum button mashing action games out there.

#19 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

they should rather fix the broken syndicate

#20 Posted by Lucianu (9557 posts) -

Escape From Butcher Bay (PC version) is one of my most beloved games i have ever played, that thick prison atmosphere was briliant.

Well that movie part is happening. Riddick 3 is filming as we speak. From what I understand it is going to be less epic than the second film and more like the first film in terms of scope.

ElectronicMagic

Thank God, i really liked the first one, did not like the second one that much.

#21 Posted by p4s2p0 (4167 posts) -
I like the riddick games and movies.