Do you think it's worth it buying all the systems this gen?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 ChristianGmr14
Member since 2014 • 157 Posts

Hi, last gen I owned all the systems (still do) and while I did enjoy games on all the systems, I ended up favoring my PS3 more than my 360 and Wii so I ended up buying most of my games for that platform. This gen I bought a PS4 and a Wii-U, I'm not an Xbox hater at all, I just prefer the PS4 exclusives and as of right now nothing on the Xbox One interests me, not even Titan Fall as I have that on my PC. However I am hoping that some exclusive titles will come along that will spark my interest in the platform, but if games are going to be mostly multiplats again this gen I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it, especially as I'm not going to pay for both PlayStation Plus AND Xbox Live.

But I will always remain open to new games and if some great exclusives for the Xbox One come along later I will probably buy one. I bought my PS4 for Infamous, Killzone (underrated game IMO), and future Uncharted and The Last of Us games, plus multiplats like Watch Dogs. I bought my Wii-U mainly for future Smash Bros but I admit I don't play it very often.

So do you own all the systems this gen? Or do you plan on owning all? Do you think it's worth it? Why or why not? No bashing other people's preferences either, all gamers are equal regardless of their favored platform.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#2 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

This maybe the first generation in awhile where I don't own all the consoles. Right now I just own a PS4. I will probably get a Wii-U at some point soon. I really can't see a reason to own an Xbone. This is coming from someone who favored his 360 the most last generation (still loved my PS3 though).

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

No.

PS4 as soon as possible if you're interested in games

Wii U later when it gets a big enough backlog.

Xbone - no need.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#4 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Nah. Just get a PS4 and Wii U (alongside the 3DS and PS Vita), and you should be covered.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChristianGmr14

@coasterguy65 said:

This maybe the first generation in awhile where I don't own all the consoles. Right now I just own a PS4. I will probably get a Wii-U at some point soon. I really can't see a reason to own an Xbone. This is coming from someone who favored his 360 the most last generation (still loved my PS3 though).

The Wii-U has a couple of titles but it's really lacking behind the PS4 and Xbox One, I find it kind of hard to pick it up and switch to it, though once Smash Bros arrives I'll no doubt be playing it a lot more (I might also buy it for 3DS too as I have been told they are two different games).

I think the Xbox One will have a good library down the line, just like the PS4 will, it just depends on whether or not it will have enough exclusives that will interest me. Still I think the system is good and I don't hate any platform.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Unless you are a diehard Halo fan it is no reason to buy Xbone, just go with Ps4,WiiU and PC

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I think it would be great if you had 500 posts before creating a thread

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChristianGmr14

@aroxx_ab said:

Unless you are a diehard Halo fan it is no reason to buy Xbone, just go with Ps4,WiiU and PC

I'm a Halo fan but not a die hard one, I enjoy the series but it's not the only exclusive game that the Xbox has. It also has Gears and several PC-Xbox games, though last gen I had to decide if I wanted to play those on my PC or 360.

ChristianGmr14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ChristianGmr14

@lostrib said:

Sorry, I'm pretty new here and forgot about that.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts
  1. Rules.
  2. Yes.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

Not for me it isn't worth it. I just don't have the time nor desire for all system. PC and one console per gen for me at most.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

not really, exclusive are slim pickings compared to mutliplats so one is enough. wii u ATM might be an exception. has nintendo is pretty much has to make their own games for it so most of them is exclusive besides the big name brand multiplats

I owned wii,360,ps3 last gen at one time and i sorta regret it as my ps3 collected a lot of dust because i favored the 360.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@lostrib said:

This must be super upsetting for you. How awful it is that someone makes a decent, relevant topic prior to having an arbitrary number of posts first.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

No.

PS4 as soon as possible if you're interested in games

Wii U later when it gets a big enough backlog.

Xbone - no need.

PS4wiiU is the best option this gen. All multiplats will look better on the PS4 and the exclusives that you can't find on the PS4 such as Mario and Zelda, you have a Wii U. I am sticking to just one console this gen since X1=PS4 basically now without kinect. It comes down to taste.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib

@Pffrbt said:

@lostrib said:

This must be super upsetting for you. How awful it is that someone makes a decent, relevant topic prior to having an arbitrary number of posts first.

which will get locked

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

No. Last gen I had all the consoles, but one of them collected dust most of the time (360). This gen I have both handhelds, laptop PC, Wii U and PS4 and that's all I want.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

If the PS4 and Xbone's current lineup is going to be a reflection of their exclusive lineups in the future, I'm going to go with HELL NO.

The only next-gen console I see worth owning at this point is the Wii U. It has several solid exclusive games and several more coming out this year (not being pushed back to 2015).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

If you can Afford it then you are by law required to make the rest of us feel dirt poor and jealous......

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

I own a Wii U and 3DS, and want to own a PS4. Honestly I could probably get by very easily with just these 3 systems for the rest of the gen if I wanted.

I'm not entirely against maybe getting Xbone or Vita sometime in the future, though they aren't really high priority for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I own all consoles and a gaming PC. If you can afford it there is no reason not to. I have enjoyed everything so far.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

So far I have a PS4 and a WiiU. Recent decisions by Microsoft have made the XBO more appealing to me, but I will wait to see how E3 looks. I have went from not interested to show me more. They should have made Spencer head of Xbox long ago, the machine may have been very different.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bigboi500

@GoldenElementXL said:

I own all consoles and a gaming PC. If you can afford it there is no reason not to. I have enjoyed everything so far.

Do you own the handhelds too?

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Pffrbt

@lostrib said:

which will get locked

Which is shitty and stupid. And I don't see why this bothers you at all.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

I've never been a fan of owning more than 1 console at a time, let alone all of them. I personally think it's a waste of money. If I did buy a Wii U and/or XB1 (currently only have PS4), it would only be for a few exclusives... which I just don't think is worth the price of a whole console.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@christiangmr14 said:

Hi, last gen I owned all the systems (still do) and while I did enjoy games on all the systems, I ended up favoring my PS3 more than my 360 and Wii so I ended up buying most of my games for that platform. This gen I bought a PS4 and a Wii-U, I'm not an Xbox hater at all, I just prefer the PS4 exclusives and as of right now nothing on the Xbox One interests me, not even Titan Fall as I have that on my PC. However I am hoping that some exclusive titles will come along that will spark my interest in the platform, but if games are going to be mostly multiplats again this gen I'm not sure if it's going to be worth it, especially as I'm not going to pay for both PlayStation Plus AND Xbox Live.

But I will always remain open to new games and if some great exclusives for the Xbox One come along later I will probably buy one. I bought my PS4 for Infamous, Killzone (underrated game IMO), and future Uncharted and The Last of Us games, plus multiplats like Watch Dogs. I bought my Wii-U mainly for future Smash Bros but I admit I don't play it very often.

So do you own all the systems this gen? Or do you plan on owning all? Do you think it's worth it? Why or why not? No bashing other people's preferences either, all gamers are equal regardless of their favored platform.

I did own a Wii at a point last gen but went with PS3/360. I went with an X1 because other than Infamous SS I still don't have a reason to own a PS4. I wanted DR3, KI, Titanfall and knew I will want to play QB, and Halo. I used my PS3 primarily for the exclusives I like. I'll do so again with a PS4. But I invested in a good gaming PC first and that is where I have been spending my time.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes I do. I have owned all of the systems from the 5th 6th and 7th Generations. I will own them all again for the 8th generation. I just have to get the Xbox one. and I will have them all. Since the 8th generation of videogames is supposed to last 7 or 8 years once again. It is worth it to have all of the systems. Some people have stated that this gen will last 10yrs.

So if this is another long generation it will be worth it to have all of the systems. so that I would never miss a primary game release. Having the option to play Sony's Microsofts and Nintendo's staple releases is good.

If this is a short generation 5 yrs. Then maybe the value might not be there. But having the choice is always good. I am a collector so I will have all of the systems anyways

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@Bigboi500: I have a Vita, a 3DS and a 3DS XL.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lostrib

@Pffrbt said:

@lostrib said:

which will get locked

Which is shitty and stupid. And I don't see why this bothers you at all.

I don't see why my comment bothers you at all

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#32  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

My gaming PC + My PS3 & PS4 (although it's not really being used atm..) is good enough for me. Although, I may grab a WiiU down the line though. I spend 90% of my gaming time on PC these days.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

@christiangmr14: yes. i already got a xbox 1. i am getting a ps4 slim when its 199 and a wii U when it comes with 2 games at 100 bucks

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

usually its the poor people who let a little $400 stop them from playing the best exclusive titles on each system.

right now PS4 doesn't have anything worth playing until unchartered or last of us is released.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#35 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Not right away

*cough*kettle*cough*

Go with the console whose exclusives are most interesting to you. Pick up the multiplats for that, then when the other console gets good exclusives of its own to entice you, get it too. By that time prices may have dropped too.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pffrbt

@lostrib said:

Yes you do. There's no way you wouldn't be able to see why your sarcastic whining over how the TC shouldn't be allowed to make a decent, legitimate, relevant topic before having an arbitrary amount of posts would bother someone.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Now? No way. By the end of the gen maybe so.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib

@Pffrbt said:

@lostrib said:

Yes you do. There's no way you wouldn't be able to see why your sarcastic whining over how the TC shouldn't be allowed to make a decent, legitimate, relevant topic before having an arbitrary amount of posts would bother someone.

Still not seeing why it should bother you

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#40 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Depends on what you like about games mate.

MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts

@christiangmr14: owned all last gen too. only thing that has my tempted is second son on ps4... wife and daughter would like a wii u. I see no reason for any of them at this point, especially when i have a pc for multiplats.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

Too soon to tell. The PS4/XBO have only been on the market for a little over 6 months. There's no telling where they will be in 2/3/4 years. As for the Wii-U? No thanks. I bought that system in the 90's.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

PC, Wii U, 3DS, Vita. Best combination.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

Depends how much of a hobby gaming is to you. If there's games that interests you on different systems, you gotta catch them all. As for me I feel like I'll get my moneys worth with just an XO and a PS4. I'm not into hand helds and Nintendo killed themselves with the Wii and Wii U so I have no interest in owning one. And I don't game on my laptop.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@christiangmr14:

PC >>>> PS4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WII U >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X1

Thats the order....

Personally i dont own any console yet nor i did last gen. This generation a rent of 2-3 worth playing Wii U games will do the trick for me... I refuse to pay around 500$ or more for a wii u and 2-3 games and having Wii U dead in less than 2-3 years ( Wii died while was super successful imagine what will happen with Wii U ). So Wii U = a rent for a few days depends the game i want to play and end of story.

X1 is even worse than Wii U ... First of all , except maybe Halo , has literally nothing that i cant find on PS4 or PC , nothing appealing even. If we add the fact that plays most of multiplatforms worse than PS4 when cost the same ( both software and soon hardware ) then why the hell to buy an X1 ? For 1-2 of its exclusives... I can rent for 20$ for a week this too.. Also MS consoles traditionally lacking the variety of exclusives Sony brings. So many exclusives in so many different genres for all tastes..

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bigboi500

@GoldenElementXL said:

@Bigboi500: I have a Vita, a 3DS and a 3DS XL.

What about Ouya and Fire TV, tablet and smart phone gaming?

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Just buy a PS4 and 3DS then you're almost fully covered imo.

If you really love mario and co then you should also buy a Wii U, but I don't think it's worth the money since that's the only crap worthwhile to play.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

It wasn't worth buying a Wii last gen, and its not worth buying a Wii this gen.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

There is more than enough to do on PC that I dont feel the need for a PS or MS console this time around. Last gen they collected dust until I gave them away and felt like a waste of money that I could have spent on an even better PC. If you like Nintendo games or have kids then add a WiiU.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

It really depends. Right now I don't think I need a ps4. I bought one partially because I just felt games on the ps3/360 were getting stale. Not that they were bad, but the visuals were hitting performance and the design was feeling mundane. Imo it depends on the games, though. I played Mario Kart 8 WAY too much last night. For me that game is the only system seller to come around in a long while. I'd buy a wiiu solely for MK8. Then I wonder if Halo5 will deliver...