Do you think Destiny will come to PC?

• 101 results
Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) 3 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Do you think Destiny will come to PC? (91 votes)

Yes 80%
No 20%

There seems to be two opposing opinions on this one on SW. Those that are certain Destiny will never come to PC, and those that are positive it will.

Personally, I think it will be announced for PC after around six months of console exclusivity. Why? It's an Activision multiplatform game, and it make sense for them to put it out for PC as well sinec they want to make money. There is nothing preventing this, so I'm pretty sure it will happen at some point. I'm guessing we will hear an announcement early next year.

If you don't think it will come to PC - what convinced you of this?

#1 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

Probably.

#2 Posted by Motokid6 (5711 posts) -

I think it needs to come to PC. If anything just to save the game from itself.

#3 Posted by lawlessx (46773 posts) -

its possible

#4 Posted by BldgIrsh (2685 posts) -

Sure. It would just be competing with a wider library of games.

#5 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2834 posts) -

I have a hard time understanding why it's not on pc in the first place. More and more devs, specially japanese ones, want their games on pc, as shown by MGSV recently.

On the other hand, Activision doesn't seem to. Go figure. It's a perfect fit for pc, considering it's an MMO RPG FPS.

Meh. Anyway, in the lastest articles Bungie and Acti even stated it was a perfect fit. So, i believe it will.

#6 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

No

#7 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

Activi$ion aren't stupid. It's going to go on PC. They will make profit with it (Just like from CoD) and they know it, something they won't ever turn away from.

It won't compete against their titan MMO WoW, as its a FPS-RPG coop game rather than a real MMO.

#8 Edited by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

No

I appreciate the comment - but why do you believe this?

#9 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

activision like money

#10 Posted by pyro1245 (855 posts) -

Didn't the devs say they wanted to do a PC version but they just didn't want to work on all of them at the same time?

Anyway this game would be a good fit for PC (FPS with K/M is a no-brainer), I expect to see it at some point. Kinda bummed I can't play it next month since it looks pretty cool but oh well.

#11 Posted by Netret0120 (2198 posts) -

100% Coming to PC

It's not if but when. I can guarantee it will come.

#12 Posted by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Possibly.

I do hope so though, it's not nice to miss out a great game.

#13 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No

It's Bungie

#14 Posted by topgunmv (10246 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

@mikhail said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No

It's Bungie

But it's also Activision.

#15 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -
@Ballroompirate said:

@mikhail said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No

It's Bungie

Using your logic, Destiny wouldn't be coming to PS3 or PS4 either - when is the last time Bungie developed a game for a PlayStation platform?

Exactly.

#16 Posted by PapaTrop (1309 posts) -

I figured it would have at launch because it's Activision, but I guess it is a pretty massive undertaking by Bungie who only really has console development experience. I assume Bungie will still have their hands full long after launch, so it may never come.

#17 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@mikhail said:

@Ballroompirate said:

No

It's Bungie

Using your logic, Destiny wouldn't be coming to PS3 or PS4 either - when is the last time Bungie developed a game for a PlayStation platform?

Exactly.

Except Bungie was working/under contract with MS, now they aren't and are going multiplat, them porting/making games on PC is still up in the air but considering they only made a few ports to PC. It's safe to assume that Destiny has at least a decent chance of not coming to PC.

Your argument is flawed.

#18 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25549 posts) -

It'll get GTA V'd.

#19 Edited by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:Exactly.

Except Bungie was working/under contract with MS, now they aren't and are going multiplat, them porting/making games on PC is still up in the air but considering they only made a few ports to PC. It's safe to assume that Destiny has at least a decent chance of not coming to PC.

Your argument is flawed.

They have made a few PC ports...how many PlayStation ports has Bungie made? Talk about a flawed argument!

#20 Posted by Snugenz (11891 posts) -

I would love if it did, in fact i'd do a happy dance if i was gonna be playing a PC version of it on the 9th, but i doubt it's gonna happen if it hasn't even been announced yet and even if it does it's too late for me as i'll probably have already had my fill with the PS4 version.

Didn't Gearbox do the Halo PC port?, and Hired Gun did the Halo 2 port so it's not like Bungie has a recent history with developing for PC.

#21 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@mikhail said:

Your argument is flawed.

They have made a few PC ports...how many PlayStation ports has Bungie made? Talk about a flawed argument!

Except Bungie was working/under contract with MS

Now read that 5 times, hopefully then you'll understand

Also fyi the last PC port Bungie did was back in 2004 (Halo 2)

#22 Posted by scatteh316 (4960 posts) -

Games cost a lot to make these days so the more platforms a game gets released on the more of a chance the developers have of making a profit for there efforts.

It would be silly for them not to tap into the PC sector and reap in some extra money.

#23 Edited by lostrib (37606 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Your argument is flawed.

Well bungie started on PC

#24 Edited by Basinboy (11229 posts) -

Yes, at some point. I do not believe it'll be within 6 months of the console versions though.

#25 Edited by faizan_faizan (7866 posts) -

Yes. I'm not interested, though.

#26 Posted by pelvist (4857 posts) -

Ill give it 6 month before its on PC. I have no intention of buying it though personally.

#27 Posted by MBirdy88 (8317 posts) -

I'd rather play Team Fortress 2 .... yes 7 years later.

Destiny is that slow and boring.

#28 Posted by uninspiredcup (8931 posts) -

Pc gamers have higher standards. It's why the halo one but not the other Halo's come.

No one care. Console fps.

#29 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8142 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Pc gamers have higher standards. It's why the halo one but not the other Halo's come.

Damn, just when I thought we could be friends, you post this crap.

#30 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Will it come? Yes. Will I buy it? F*** no!

#31 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I think you forgot about Halo 2...also, you don't speak for PC gamers. Your posts are so...uninspired.

#32 Posted by GhoX (5027 posts) -

It's coming to consoles sooner just so that some people who were on the fence will buy one of the two consoles now, thus increasing Activision's market presence on new gen platforms fueling potential profits for Activision later.

If the PC version comes out together with the console versions, a lot of people will simply go for the PC version like they did with games like Borderlands 1/2.

#33 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2834 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

I would love if it did, in fact i'd do a happy dance if i was gonna be playing a PC version of it on the 9th, but i doubt it's gonna happen if it hasn't even been announced yet and even if it does it's too late for me as i'll probably have already had my fill with the PS4 version.

Didn't Gearbox do the Halo PC port?, and Hired Gun did the Halo 2 port so it's not like Bungie has a recent history with developing for PC.

MSGS did the windows version for Halo 2.

Maybe in teh end, Bungie just wants to deliver the best possible experience for everyone, and they're lack of development on pc for years made abit "scared", since pc does have larger amounts of different configurations.

I know it sounds far fecthed and too optimistic, but, who knows. They did say they wanted to focus on the consoles first so they might have already planned to get working on a proper working pc port after launch.

#34 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

I thought I saw a thread on these forums where it was announced that the game was already coming to PC.

Maybe I'm thinking of another game.

Either way....I don't see why it wouldn't.

#35 Posted by WallofTruth (1746 posts) -

@mikhail said:

Your argument is flawed.

Not only that but Bungie started as a PC developer. Have people forgotten the great Marathon and Myth?

#36 Posted by WallofTruth (1746 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I thought I saw a thread on these forums where it was announced that the game was already coming to PC.

Maybe I'm thinking of another game.

Either way....I don't see why it wouldn't.

Yes you're right, there was a thread, but it was just some hermit speculating, nothing was official.

#37 Edited by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@walloftruth: A lot of companies that started off as a PC only dev eventually went to consoles as a dev and vice versa. With MS not holding the leash, Bungie could ether be a multiplat dev with consoles and PC or just multiplat dev between consoles and not port to PC.

The Ui in Destiny does scream it can work on PC, but I don't get shocked anymore if a game does or doesn't get ported to PC

#38 Edited by GarGx1 (2751 posts) -

Only if they still want people playing it in a years time.

Most console gamers are hit and run with games, they'll play something for a few weeks or maybe a few months and then go looking for a new fix. PC games tend to last longer if they manage to build a decent community around them.

#39 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3627 posts) -

Yes , it is pretty obvious and if I'm not mistaken , the game was also found in Steam database recently . But I've zero interest in that game .

#40 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Yes , it is pretty obvious and if I'm not mistaken , the game was also found in Steam database recently . But I've zero interest in that game .

Destiny is something I may pick up eventually if it goes on deep enough discount, depending on how well received the console version is and what they do with the inevitable PC port. I played about 4 hours of the beta and while it was fun, it doesn't seem to have the kind of depth or breadth that will keep me playing for a long period of time. So yeah...Steam Sale game, maybe.

#41 Posted by Sa1nT_Ch3wy (116 posts) -

I sure hope it does

#42 Posted by Roler42 (767 posts) -

Wasn't already established that Bungie wants to work on a PC version once they are done with consoles?

#43 Posted by mikhail (2269 posts) -

@roler42 said:

Wasn't already established that Bungie wants to work on a PC version once they are done with consoles?

I think the only thing that has been said about it was Activision said Destiny was a "Natural fit" for PC, they didn't go into it any further.

#44 Posted by EducatingU_PCMR (738 posts) -

Hope not, it sucks.

#45 Posted by Gamerno6666 (1533 posts) -

Meh don't care. it looks boring.

#46 Posted by Bigboi500 (29999 posts) -

No because of piracy.

#47 Posted by cainetao11 (17705 posts) -

With all the money spent on marketing, why would Activision NOT?

#48 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1408 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

No because of piracy.

Destiny is an always online game. Piracy would be the last reason this possibly doesn't make it to PC.

#49 Edited by kipsta77 (1014 posts) -

Most likely it will. Usually the case when they neither confirm or deny it.

I'll probably give it a miss personally.

#50 Posted by AdrianWerner (28058 posts) -

Propably not. I think the sequel will though.