Do you plan on buying Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire?

• 76 results
Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) 1 month, 11 days ago

Poll: Do you plan on buying Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire? (70 votes)

Yes, Pokemon OmegaRuby 16%
Yes, Pokemon AlphaSapphire 27%
Yes, both of them 10%
No 46%

Eleven years ago, back in 2003, Nintendo and Game Freak released what was the biggest jump Pokemon as a series has made when they released Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. And though the games polarized fans upon release, over time, their popularity has swelled, and these cult classics soon became fan favorites that everybody wanted to return.

And they are returning this year. In the vein of the incredible Pokemon FireRed and LeafGreen, and Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire will, finally, after years of teasing, get remakes this year on the Nintendo 3DS. Not only do the remakes promise updated, modernized versions of these classic adventures, but also the return of Hoenn, arguably the most exotic Pokemon region ever, in glorious 3D, as well as the updating of what is the greatest soundtrack in the series. That, plus an updated return of some of the best features in the series that have not shown up since- Secret Bases (now persistently online!) and Pokemon Contests, along with the knowledge that Game Freak stuffs the remakes with new features that are otherwise missing from mainline Pokemon games, means OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire have a legitimate shot at becoming the best Pokemon games, usurping HeartGold and SoulSilver in the process (which are arguably the greatest handheld games ever made).

So, my question to you all- will you get Pokemon OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire? If yes, which version are you planning on picking up?

#1 Edited by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

As for me, well duh I'm gonna get them. I'm gonna get them day one. As soon as they are available on the eShop. I just want to point out as well, I will be getting Sapphire. Because a) Kyogre is GOD and lolGroudon (no, seriously- not only can Kyogre one shot Groudon based on simple type advantage, Kyogre is also the single most powerful Pokemon in the metagame. He broke the metagame so bad he had to be banned), and b) Team Magma's plot makes no fucking sense. They want to get rid of water? Really?

Anyway, that's out of the way. Here's a picture showing just how well the old classics have been updated for the 3DS (side note, the original games' graphics have aged gorgeously- it's something about the sprite art, man). Enjoy!

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Yes I'll get both. Still kind of a newb to the series because I've only played P/D and X/Y. Lovely little games.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (39189 posts) -

Nah, I'm done with Pokemon.

#4 Edited by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

Yes I'll get both. Still kind of a newb to the series because I've only played P/D and X/Y. Lovely little games.

Welp, dude, get HeartGold and SoulSilver. Flat out the best games in the series.

#5 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Welp, dude, get HeartGold and SoulSilver. Flat out the best games in the series.

Rodger Dodger mon capitan.

#6 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Bloody Hell Pram, they're $100 each!

#7 Edited by Smallville0608 (49 posts) -

More than likely both. X and Y showed a lot of promise of what the series can become, so hopeful they have further refined the series with gameplay that expanded from the last entries. Things such as better endgame content, exploration, etc.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -
#9 Posted by Bigboi500 (29347 posts) -

Will do because I keep all my DS/3DS games in a multi-case anyways, and those little cartridges are quite durable.

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

Will do because I keep all my DS/3DS games in a multi-case anyways, and those little cartridges are quite durable.

Yeah, same here lol. But yes, you will enjoy these games. Greatly. Yessss.

#11 Posted by jg4xchamp (47373 posts) -

I want a pokemon game where the cool ass competitive shit isn't buried behind bullshit.

Grinding for hours, having your pokemon fuck for ivs, and criss cross for moves isn't fun, nor satisfying, nor engaging. It's just work you have to do before you can play the game you want to play. Yeah sure there is a learning curve in the likes of DOTA 2 and Street Fighter, but at least you are playing the game to get good at it. Not bullshit to get the things you need to be good at it.

Why do we still have HM slaves? cut that shit out (get it? do you get it?)

Why aren't all moves TMs by now?

Pokemon's competitive battle system and metagame is dope as shit. I would like to enjoy that part without the manual labor that is less about skill, and more about my tolerance for having my time wasted.

#12 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16841 posts) -

probably not, too old for it

#13 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

probably not, too old for it

lol

I want a pokemon game where the cool ass competitive shit isn't buried behind bullshit.

Grinding for hours, having your pokemon fuck for ivs, and criss cross for moves isn't fun, nor satisfying, nor engaging. It's just work you have to do before you can play the game you want to play. Yeah sure there is a learning curve in the likes of DOTA 2 and Street Fighter, but at least you are playing the game to get good at it. Not bullshit to get the things you need to be good at it.

Why do we still have HM slaves? cut that shit out (get it? do you get it?)

Why aren't all moves TMs by now?

Pokemon's competitive battle system and metagame is dope as shit. I would like to enjoy that part without the manual labor that is less about skill, and more about my tolerance for having my time wasted.

I agree, X and Y made some good strides towards that, so I hope to see that continue over time. As for HMs, they need to rethink that idea entirely. Replace that shit with some Key Items if you want, but I should not be forced to sacrifice either my move slots or my Pokemon slots just to be able to navigate the overworld.

Also, feel bad about that pun, champ. Feel very bad.

#14 Edited by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

Yes. No. Yes.

No.

I don't know.

I don't know if I will buy it or not :/

#15 Posted by gameofthering (10135 posts) -

Nah. My last was Pokemon Silver.

#16 Posted by Legend002 (7029 posts) -

I'd be crazy not if I didn't. The question is OR or AS? Probably OR...

#17 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3800 posts) -

If ever there was milkage, Pokemon leads the pack. So now they have resorted to remaking games that are already samey as fuck. This is just crazy really. Of course some one on SW will find a way to downplay what I said and make excuses for this.

#18 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

I'd be crazy not if I didn't. The question is OR or AS? Probably OR...

Sapphire has Kyogre >.>

#19 Posted by hiphops_savior (7857 posts) -

@Legend002: Did you get Heart Gold or Soul Silver? If SS, then AS. If HG, then OR.

#20 Posted by yokofox33 (29369 posts) -

I'll be getting both. Pokemon is the greatest. I'll roll with Pokemon till I die.

#21 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

I'll be getting Ruby. I think Groudon is badass.

I'm sorry Chaz.

#22 Edited by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

As for me, well duh I'm gonna get them. I'm gonna get them day one. As soon as they are available on the eShop. I just want to point out as well, I will be getting Sapphire. Because a) Kyogre is GOD and lolGroudon (no, seriously- not only can Kyogre one shot Groudon based on simple type advantage, Kyogre is also the single most powerful Pokemon in the metagame. He broke the metagame so bad he had to be banned), and b) Team Magma's plot makes no fucking sense. They want to get rid of water? Really?

Anyway, that's out of the way. Here's a picture showing just how well the old classics have been updated for the 3DS (side note, the original games' graphics have aged gorgeously- it's something about the sprite art, man). Enjoy!

Also back in the old days on Advance, Kyorge has the ability to summon Rain at the start of battle and if you teach him Thunder, Thunder always hits and it get's 100% Accuracy and not 50%. Kyorge was the Thunder God.

Also I am not picking up OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire because back in Gameboy Advance, I was letdown from the last version because it was a step back from what Gold/Silver had and Gamefreak water it down. Sorry but Pokemon X/Y is were it's at and still waiting on Pokemon Z or X/Y2 versions.

#23 Posted by onewiththegame (4245 posts) -

I have never bought a Pokémon game and I never will

#24 Posted by Aquat1cF1sh (10864 posts) -

Getting Alpha Sapphire! Third generation is my favorite by far, so excited for these.

#25 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

I have never bought a Pokémon game and I never will

Then why did you tell us this in the first place?

#26 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3391 posts) -

Don't own my 3DS myself but I guess I can buy one of them for my sister and borrow hers, like last time.

#27 Posted by Ballroompirate (22555 posts) -

Not day 1, probably sometime down the road.

#28 Posted by Liquid_ (2441 posts) -

no, x and y were just okay and cluttered with garbage

#29 Posted by bbkkristian (14945 posts) -

Getting OmegaRuby. One thing I liked about Hoenn is how big it was and how fun it was to explore the region. Even with so much water (and max repels).

The only thing I hope is that they start giving Mega Evolutions to pokemon that actually need them. Salamence got a freaking mega. SALAMENCE........

#30 Posted by kingjazziephiz (2406 posts) -

Yup. The 3rd generation was my favorite

#31 Posted by onewiththegame (4245 posts) -
#32 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-alpha-sapphire-omega-ruby-early-buyers-get/1100-6421621/

Early buyers get some extra stuff.

#33 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17056 posts) -

No, even if I had a 3DS, I wouldn't buy them. I never get the remakes, and ruby and sapphire were by far the worst pokemon games in the series.

#34 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

I don't have a 3DS, so, no.

#35 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16675 posts) -

I keep telling myself that I have no interest but I will probably end up buying one of them.

#36 Edited by Blabadon (25949 posts) -

Yep. Not many games have given me more joy than the third generation of Pokemon.

#37 Edited by Desmonic (13425 posts) -

Yes, but I really don't know which to get :S I'm not getting both, redundancy is bad, mmkay? :P

#38 Posted by cainetao11 (16895 posts) -
#39 Edited by pyro1245 (551 posts) -

Nah. I haven't played any since the original red and blue. Though there's a little part of me that wan't to play more of them.... I know i'd probably like them....

#40 Edited by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -

O_O New Pokemon games and ones that are based on older gen Pokemon games? *Squeals with glee.* Yes, definitely yes, and its likely I'm gonna get both of them, I mean I have both X and Y, and Heart Gold and Soul Silver.

#41 Posted by SolidTy (42451 posts) -

No. I don't play Pokemon.

#42 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@Toph_Girl250: But Team Magma's plot made no sense, and lolGroudon :(

@pyro1245: If you have a DS- not even a DS, just a 3DS- I recommend either HeartGold/SoulSilver (though those can be a bit expensive to find now) or Black and White. Give those a shot, see how the series has done the last decade or so, see if it still interests you.

@Demonjoe93: Time to get one, my friend.

@cainetao11: Yep. Dunno why you did :p

@Desmonic: Sapphire FTW

#43 Edited by Sword-Demon (6966 posts) -

Day 1, but idk which version to get..

Legendaries are little more than collectables imo, so I guess I'll take a look at all the version specific pokemon and then decide.

and speaking of pokemon, I still haven't finished my XY team.. Togepi is such a pain to IV breed and, for some reason, everyone wants a lvl 100 legendary in return for a damn staryu on the GTS.

#44 Posted by Daious (1125 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

Agreed. The original games were my favorite as well.

#45 Posted by aroxx_ab (9276 posts) -

lol pokemon

#46 Posted by NoirLamia777 (2132 posts) -

Definitely a day one purchase, Omega Ruby for me. Will probably pick up Alpha Sapphire for my brother.

#47 Posted by hiphops_savior (7857 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: Many of the shortcomings of the original RSE will be resolved in the remake. No visible internal clock? No problem, it's now synced with the 3ds itself. Slow frame rates? It's running on the same engine as X and Y.

Ruby and Sapphire had many shortcomings, part of it being the byproduct of sweeping revamps of its mechanics. This remake will not only allow you to trade pokemon or import them from Pokebank or X and Y, but will also offer day night cycle.

#48 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

No I am not buying it. I already have a Pokemon game for my 3DS. I don't need another one.

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (56054 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: Many of the shortcomings of the original RSE will be resolved in the remake. No visible internal clock? No problem, it's now synced with the 3ds itself. Slow frame rates? It's running on the same engine as X and Y.

Ruby and Sapphire had many shortcomings, part of it being the byproduct of sweeping revamps of its mechanics. This remake will not only allow you to trade pokemon or import them from Pokebank or X and Y, but will also offer day night cycle.

Wait, what. Ruby and Sapphire, slow frame rates? Those games were blazing fast, dude. Slow frame rates did not become a problem for Pokemon until Diamond and Pearl.

#50 Posted by cainetao11 (16895 posts) -