Do you keep your old games/systems? Still play them?

• 58 results
DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I did until VC came out now there is no reason to.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

You're the one being silly. What makes you a "hardcore gamer" exactly? What games do you play? What consoles? PC? Handheld? Mobile? Just curious.

I just told you that I've pretty much played and owned all consoles besides Nintendo's in my time, can't you read lol? Xbox, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One and a Gaming PC. I have never played a mobile game and have never owned a handheld system.

If that doesn't make me hardcore (which is stupid arguing over anyway, I just didn't like how that guy said we were fools for trading in our stuff) then I don't know what fucking does.

Edit: I play pretty much every genre, like FPS, RPG, RTS etc.

It seems like the majority of people that go around calling themselves "hardcore gamers" usually aren't. I mean why do you have to put the extra label on it?

I see you play a wide variety of games which is cool. No Dreamcast? What was wrong with the Gamecube? Those systems had some great games and were out in your time. Handhelds and even mobile have some great games as well. The DS,PSP,3DS and Vita have TONS of games you should check out. And you've seriously never played Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Threes, Plants vs Zombies, Plague Inc, etc? You don't lose cool points if you do.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@GoldenElementXL said:

@BattleSpectre said:
@GoldenElementXL said:

You're the one being silly. What makes you a "hardcore gamer" exactly? What games do you play? What consoles? PC? Handheld? Mobile? Just curious.

I just told you that I've pretty much played and owned all consoles besides Nintendo's in my time, can't you read lol? Xbox, PS2, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4, Xbox One and a Gaming PC. I have never played a mobile game and have never owned a handheld system.

If that doesn't make me hardcore (which is stupid arguing over anyway, I just didn't like how that guy said we were fools for trading in our stuff) then I don't know what fucking does.

Edit: I play pretty much every genre, like FPS, RPG, RTS etc.

It seems like the majority of people that go around calling themselves "hardcore gamers" usually aren't. I mean why do you have to put the extra label on it?

I see you play a wide variety of games which is cool. No Dreamcast? What was wrong with the Gamecube? Those systems had some great games and were out in your time. Handhelds and even mobile have some great games as well. The DS,PSP,3DS and Vita have TONS of games you should check out. And you've seriously never played Angry Birds, Candy Crush, Threes, Plants vs Zombies, Plague Inc, etc? You don't lose cool points if you do.

You're alright man, you diffused the situation and helped me see the bigger picture. I don't like calling myself hardcore either, but yeah like I said I was angry at that guy for saying we're fools for trading in our old stuff. Anyways I'm sure there's plenty of great systems/ and or games I've missed over the years.

Maybe one day I'll have the motivation to give them a chance.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Not really. Still have my PS3 and 360 because I still have a lot of stuff to play on them, though.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#56 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

If you're a serious gamer and sell/trade your stuff, you're a fool. If you're a casual gamer who trade/sells, it's fine. If you're in the former category, you probably wont be able to find half of those games later on to play them again, and don't expect them to be there for you to buy in digital format either because servers get shut down, services get shut down or change hands and policies.

Not exactly true. Most games you sell/trade are able to be picked up years later for extremely cheap. As for digital formats, you could download most old games now anyway; you don't need a server or service to do it either. Do I sell/trade games? No, but for those that can spin a profit on them like with the Dot. Hack series, I don't really see the problem.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Of course unless it's really really old.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

My only regret was not keeping my Panasonic 3DO or buying a 3DO Blaster. The 3DO Blaster was particularly intriguing. It was unique among consoles......in that it was designed to be played on the PC.

Imagine if the tech is in use today...... XB1, PS4, and WiiU on a board...... all running on the PC.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#59  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I don't understand why you wouldn't keep your old systems. Emulation is still far from perfect in today's world. If you don't play old game because they're "old," then you are just as bad as people who won't watch movies because they are in black in white.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60  Edited By Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

I play more retro games than new now to be honest, last Gen killed alot of my interest in new games.

Currently replaying shining force 3 and playing though a copy of Dragon force 2 I managed to get my hands on.