Do you have Hope for Hitman 6?

• 44 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Do u ppls believe in Hitman 6? do u think it will be good and bring series back to its roots?

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/445613/first-next-gen-hitman-details-revealed/

that was letter written by IO to fans. they appologize for thier mistakes in absolution. i personally beileve if they learn from mistakes and will do what they are saying "checkpoint free non linear" than it will be one hell of a game. playing as Agent 47 never get old. i never seen a cold hearted badass emotionless hero like him before. as most of hero nowadays turn romantic crap.

so, ppls. do u believe it will be good? Discusss

#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (6867 posts) -

Nothing was wrong with hitman in the first place. Having recently had a marathon of all of them, the gameplay is completely solid barring probably the first game.

#3 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Nothing was wrong with hitman in the first place.

until absolution happen. that was crap. what a disgrace to a series.

no stealth. just action, cover and see through walls.

agent 47 is out of character from cold blooded killer to a hero saving a girl.

#4 Edited by uninspiredcup (6867 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

I agree my friend. I had several problems.

1. No traveling around the world, linked levels

2. Diana was never seen, she was a pragmatic character, now a hawt girl to appeal to the young people

3. Disguise system is broken

4, Trying too hard to make him a hero

The engine was good though. The amount of NPC's on display and the ability to walk through them (also in Blood Money) was very cool.

#5 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

I'm sure it will be a great third person shooter

#6 Posted by lawlessx (46255 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

2. Diana was never seen, she was a pragmatic character, now a hawt girl to appeal to the young people

The engine was good though. The amount of NPC's on display and the ability to walk through them (also in Blood Money) was very cool.

how can Diana be hot if she was never seen?

#7 Edited by uninspiredcup (6867 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

She is seen.

#8 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4348 posts) -

Hitman outlived its appeal already. I mean, come one, a bold guy with a code bar on the back of his head. It's so 2000. We need a new IP or a new character.

#9 Posted by glez13 (8500 posts) -

Something sneaky is going on here...

#10 Posted by lawlessx (46255 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

She is seen.

but you just said she wasn't. I never finished absolution so i don't know what happened in that game,but what makes you think she was changed to appeal to a younger crowd?

#11 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

Hitman outlived its appeal already. I mean, come one, a bold guy with a code bar on the back of his head. It's so 2000. We need a new IP or a new character.

exactly we need emo romantic titanic protoganist instead of badass character like 47. right?

#12 Posted by lawlessx (46255 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

exactly we need emo romantic titanic protoganist instead of badass character like 47. right?

for once ill agree with you. there's nothing wrong with the character 47.

#13 Edited by uninspiredcup (6867 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@lawlessx said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

She is seen.

but you just said she wasn't. I never finished absolution so i don't know what happened in that game,but what makes you think she was changed to appeal to a younger crowd?

Yes, she "wasn't" implying, now she "is". My friend, I feel it is now time to examine sentences further before attempting to reply. Sadly, you have shamed yourself. This is shameful.

#14 Posted by Heil68 (42663 posts) -

Sure. Will play on the PS4.

#15 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4348 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

for once ill agree with you. there's nothing wrong with the character 47.

Everything is wrong him. Let's start with this

#16 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -

@SNIPER4321: no, the series has only had one good game. I expect more disappointment from the series.

#17 Posted by lawlessx (46255 posts) -

@SNIPER4321: no, the series has only had one good game. I expect more disappointment from the series.

hitman 2 and blood money were great. i can't speak for the first game and contracts thou

#18 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

hitman 2 and blood money were great. i can't speak for the first game and contracts thou

contracts was best in series. dat dark gritty atmosphere and 47 potray best in contracts too

#19 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

absolution is good game just not a good hitman game. i wants next hitman to be like blood money but offer even more variety and freedom.

@lawlessx said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

contracts was best in series. dat dark gritty atmosphere and 47 potray best in contracts too

how does contracts hold up today? i havnt played it but they finally released it on steam so i might buy it.

#20 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6001 posts) -

I can't possibly be the only guy in this thread thinking, 'to hell with Hitman, give me Freedom Fighters 2!'

Can I?

#21 Posted by vl4d_l3nin (778 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

47 aint badass. He's a drone.

#22 Posted by way2funny (4569 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

So while I agree with linked levels, and indifferent about 2 and 4 (I mean even in hitman 2 he was kind of a hero. He was a church gardner lol. Still my fav story), but I do not think the disguise system is broken. I just think it was too simplified. Its a double edge sword, but simplifying it, it became more transparent as a game mechanic, but it reduced immersion. Before, you didn't really know how disguises work, and sometimes (in prev hitman games) Ive felt I was spotted when I shouldn't have been. However, now, you know exactly why you were spotted. Same uniforms give you away. This isn't inherently bad, but a fundamental design difference. I think if they take the idea of people in similar uniforms have a higher chance of spotting you along with some more complexity (if you take someone's friends uniform they will immediately spot you, etc). It wasn't a bad mechanic, but more so it was the only one. It made players understand how the game works but did not give disguises nearly enough depth, plus it annoyed hitman fans who were use to a more traditional disguise system.

#23 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16085 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Which hitman, apart from the first one, was a third person shooter ?

#24 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

Absolution

#25 Edited by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

Yes, because Absolution was F A N T A S T I C

#26 Posted by Vatusus (4229 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

Absolution

I remember going guns blazing easier on old hitman games than with Absolution honestly...

#27 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10042 posts) -
#28 Posted by IgGy621985 (4560 posts) -

System Wars gets really fun and weird when Uninspiredcup and Sniper start to quote each other.

#29 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3232 posts) -

Nothing like agreeing with your alt.

#30 Posted by Ballroompirate (21675 posts) -

Hitman games are meh at best

#31 Edited by uninspiredcup (6867 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

But Metal Gear Solid bad anime. Not game. Waste of time.

#32 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16085 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

Absolution

I remember going guns blazing easier on old hitman games than with Absolution honestly...

Was just about to say this.

Also, I didn't like Absolution the first time I played it, but I gave it another try and I really enjoyed it.

The levels may be smaller at times, but there are just as many ways to assassinate your targets as other games. I only used the focus mode to pass by enemies when there was no other way, which wasn't often, so I didn't mind it that much. Though the mechanic definitely needs improvement.

Of course purists will always hate when anything changes. But then again, Hitman 2 was a gigantic chance from Hitman 1 and it was all the better for it. Purists forget that at times, chance can be better.

#33 Posted by lostrib (31634 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

Absolution

Was just about to say this.

Also, I didn't like Absolution the first time I played it, but I gave it another try and I really enjoyed it.

The levels may be smaller at times, but there are just as many ways to assassinate your targets as other games. I only used the focus mode to pass by enemies when there was no other way, which wasn't often, so I didn't mind it that much. Though the mechanic definitely needs improvement.

Of course purists will always hate when anything changes. But then again, Hitman 2 was a gigantic chance from Hitman 1 and it was all the better for it. Purists forget that at times, chance can be better.

I didnt play the other hitmans, but when I would screw up stealth in Absolution it wasn't too hard to go full TPS. Also, absolution has that mark-kill system that can make things easier

#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (21675 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

But Metal Gear Solid bad anime. Not game. Waste of time.

Your posts/topics are a waste of time

#35 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16085 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I didnt play the other hitmans, but when I would screw up stealth in Absolution it wasn't too hard to go full TPS. Also, absolution has that mark-kill system that can make things easier

I did it once in Absolution. In that shooting gallery, because you could get hold of all those guns, shot everyone there. But it wasn't that much fun. Every Hitman game has been a bad shooter to be honest.

Hitman 2 could be played as an FPS, it just wasn't that much fun compared to better FPS.

Where the games shine is in their stealth. I barely fired a gun in my stealth playthrough, not even my silver ballers. It's way more fun to kill your targets by creating 'accidents' which you can find by exploring the levels.

#36 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

@lostrib said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@lostrib said:

Absolution

that is..true! BUT absolution is too linear for my liking, well for a hitman game. some levels where they go back to the old fashioned formula of having a target and a play ground to assassinate them in are the most memorial levels of the game. blood money though great wasnt perfect because it is very easy to get cheap kills and complete objective very quickly. an evolution of blood money would be great

#37 Edited by happyduds77 (1369 posts) -

Yes if they got rid of the following things

- Quick time events

- instinct

- Point shooting

- Scripted and extremely linear levels

And if they added these things

- Doors that can actually get closed

- Useful disguise system

- Smarter AI

- Open ended levels

- Better pacing

- Engaging plot

#38 Posted by Vaasman (11137 posts) -

It will be terrible in every way, just like all the other games in the franchise. Except for Absolution of course, which was amazing.

#39 Posted by lbjkurono23 (12544 posts) -
#40 Posted by istreakforfood (7745 posts) -

Absolution was ok. Even with the many bugs and glitches in the game Blood Money was my last Hitman game I enjoyed.

#41 Posted by harry_james_pot (10141 posts) -

Absolution was the worst game I've ever played, so I have zero hope for this one.

#42 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6001 posts) -

@Ballroompirate: I don't know about "not a game," but "bad anime" describes Metal Gear to a T.

#43 Edited by jamejame (10474 posts) -

Well considering the fact that Absolution was a more than solid title, why wouldn't I be?

#44 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

SNIPER and uninspiredcup talking to each other is pretty weird......considering they are the same person. Now thats some dedication.

#45 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8403 posts) -

No. Absolution was the only game I bought last generation that sucked so much I couldn't finish it.

#46 Posted by way2funny (4569 posts) -

You can hate Absolution all you want, I thought there were a lot of problems with it but I still enjoyed it. But I will say, Hitman Aboslution, while very flawed, still felt like a Hitman game, unlike the new Thief, compared to the original three, which does not feel like a thief game.

#47 Posted by CleanPlayer (9765 posts) -

I thought the last one was like a fun B action movie flick, so bring on Hitman 6. The more crazier, the better

#48 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Wtf are they apologizing for? Absolution is a badass fucking game. Best stealth action game I've played since MGS4. I don't want to live on this planet any more.

#49 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (12809 posts) -

I really couldn't care less about hitman. It's always been such an uninspired IP.

#50 Posted by bfmv2007 (279 posts) -

For sure. I loved Absolution, and I for sure hope for a new one!