Do you finally forgive MS?

• 78 results
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17962 posts) -

Now that MS got rid of DRM, gave us a Kinect-less SKU, announced a crap load of games - do you finally forgive MS or did you always believe in X1? I'm still on the fence. My PS4 still pretty much takes care of what I need and any former multiplat that gets announced as "exclusive" still raises suspicion. I also think the $400 price tag is still too much. I'm not that big into Halo or Gears. You?

#2 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7493 posts) -

The change in executives really shows and for the good of the console. There was a shake up in all of Microsoft and not just the Xbox division. I loved the 360 last gen but they were going in such a bad direction I went with a PS4 first and I really regret it.

#3 Posted by lostrib (37736 posts) -

Forgive them for what?

#4 Posted by wolverine4262 (19394 posts) -

Forgiveness is for the weak.

#5 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10530 posts) -

They didn't need forgiving from me....but they are making up for the cluster they created pre-launch and in turn the XB1 is turning out to be a bad ass console

#6 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

i never had a chip on my shoulder in the first place.

yip. chip. pretty weak pun, but it's there.

#7 Edited by Snugenz (11892 posts) -

It's an corporation it doesn't need nor want forgiveness.

#8 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

I for one think that if it's okay to like Sony then it is okay to like Microsoft. They're both businesses, not your friends. They're all gonna make things hard for the consumer if you choose to purchase the stuff they put out.

#9 Posted by Heil68 (45224 posts) -

For dropping core in 2009 with Kinect(lol)? No

For trying to change the industry on their own in 2013? No, the public spoke and made them quit.

#10 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Forgive them for what?

Agreed. They didn't DO anything wrong. The announced and said things, but they never did them. I am not guilty of attempted murder for everytime I SAY "I want to kill that guy". Were their original policies stupid? Hell yes. Did those policies see the market on or after launch? No. Its business, not personal. I think Sony telling consumers what is of value for their money (EA access) and then having a ridiculous pricing scheme in PSNow beta is stupid and hypocritical. It wont stop me from buying a PS4 though.

#11 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2909 posts) -

Why do cows always seem to make these weird threads about xbox and pc, almost as if they wnt to start some kind of flame war?

Atleast herms and lemms go straight to the point.

#12 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5146 posts) -

No.

#13 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

I will never forgive Sony for the PSN hack. See two can play that game.

#15 Posted by Chutebox (37374 posts) -

Nothing to forgive. I like some of the games the console offers, so I bought it. They have showed, at least as for as conferences are concerned, that their focus is games. As long as that is the case, I have no problems....unless it's all shooters.

#16 Edited by gago-gago (9542 posts) -

Looks like it. Xbox One was planning this Play Share feature but people for whatever reason hated it. Now Sony pushing for TV, always online, games for their camera and subscriptions too.

#17 Posted by heretrix (37425 posts) -

It's all business. Bottom line is the games as far as I'm concerned. The past few months are showing a much needed change in the right direction and I think Phil Spencer is doing a decent job of cleaning out the mess that Mattrick made of that brand. I still don't want one.... YET.

#18 Posted by evildead6789 (7897 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

Now that MS got rid of DRM, gave us a Kinect-less SKU, announced a crap load of games - do you finally forgive MS or did you always believe in X1? I'm still on the fence. My PS4 still pretty much takes care of what I need and any former multiplat that gets announced as "exclusive" still raises suspicion. I also think the $400 price tag is still too much. I'm not that big into Halo or Gears. You?

I don't think i would ever be able to adapt to that ps4 controller, and the community.

And that console still sucks balls, just like the ps4 when it comes to performance

so a this time, pc only for me

#19 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (8205 posts) -

Sure have. I love xbox now.

#21 Posted by eNT1TY (1032 posts) -

Like others stated correctly, forgive them for what exactly?

#22 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1215 posts) -

Not that there is anything to be forgiven, imo....but as for the topic I know what you're getting at and....

....no.

I still HATE MS/X1....for the shit they pull like with Tomb Raider. They're too fucking stupid to make their own first party games so they buy up 3rd party games and screw the rest of us over.

Fuck them....fuck Xbox Done.

#23 Posted by silversix_ (14803 posts) -

You don't forgive one who doesn't change

#24 Posted by SkootlesMcGee (13 posts) -

Halo 4 exists, so no.

That said I was never really planning on getting the console to begin with.

#25 Edited by mems_1224 (47282 posts) -

I think the change they've made over the past year has been pretty remarkable. A year ago this time I had 0 interest in a Xbone but now I really want one.

#26 Edited by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

@wolverine4262 said:

And stupid!

I sold my 360 & will never buy a Xbox again!

#27 Posted by lostrib (37736 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@wolverine4262 said:

And stupid!

what exactly did MS do to you?

#28 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17962 posts) -

this whole Tomb Raider thing is becoming negative pr for MS lol

#29 Posted by coasterguy65 (6028 posts) -

Why would I need to forgive them? Because they are a corporation trying to make a profit? Because they are listening to gamers, and adjusting their policies? Why?

#30 Posted by Doozie78 (346 posts) -

Can't say any of it has changed my disrespect for microshaft. They're still high level douchebags.

#31 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (427 posts) -

Would MS forgive you if you didn't like their DRM had they never changed it? They changed for one reason only...$$$$$. You should thank Sony for not doing similar and providing a choice away from such crap, not MS. Had Sony done similar, MS would be right there lolling to the bank.

#33 Posted by tacoma1972 (181 posts) -

# Sure. Does not change the fact that I personally hate M$ for many reasons. I would love to play Halo as I have fond memories of that game but the only way I will only pick one up once this generation of gamming is over and that system is around $150.00 bucks. Until then I will continue to support Sony. I just purchased TLOUR and love it (yes I owned it on PS3 (and yes it is good enough to buy again)).

#34 Edited by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

The change in executives really shows and for the good of the console. There was a shake up in all of Microsoft and not just the Xbox division. I loved the 360 last gen but they were going in such a bad direction I went with a PS4 first and I really regret it.

Interesting to hear you say that. I could understand if you simply regretted getting a PS4. But regretting not getting a Xbone over a PS4? L. O. L.

#35 Posted by LJS9502_basic (151483 posts) -

Forgive? They haven't as yet given me a compelling reason to spend money on their system if that answers your question.

#36 Edited by SolidTy (43838 posts) -

M$ is biding their time. They did not reveal the Xbone properly. They are practicing right now on how to do it right, next time.

Next gen is the reveal of 'Xbox Richard' and 'DRM 2: The Revenge of Corp.'

Will fans call it 'Xbox Rich' for short or perhaps some other clever way of shortening Richard?

---

As far as forgiving them? To be honest, I had a hard time accepting my great uncles death. Witnesses on the scene described the getaway vehicle of the criminals as a license plate with the initials *M$* and some other letters. Those two characters resonated with me though as they pointed to the fiends who killed my great uncle. I know this corporation killed my great uncle, but if they make a good Halo 5 I think I'll forgive them.

It's now up to 343 to step their game up after the disappointing Halo 4.

#37 Posted by Bigboi500 (30090 posts) -

Forgiven? Yes.

Compelled to buy Xbone yet? No.

#38 Posted by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

Announced what games?

-Halo is meh and has been since Reach/Halo 1 CE

-Sunset Overdrive looks interesting but looks like a cheap Dead Rising clone

-Quantum Break is probably their most interesting game (probably will come to PC)

-Lawl Fable Legends

Everything is ether multiplat, timed exclusive or coming to PC soon, seriously they aren't gonna wow me with that piss poor crap. Lems will be impressed though cause they gobble everything up, even the crap MS throws at them.

#39 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

no i will never forgive them!!! they are spying on the kinect!!

#40 Posted by highking_kallor (524 posts) -

@CanYouDiglt said:

You say this crap every thread. We get it. Just sell the PS4 and buy a xbone or man up tell you wife you wear the pants and get both.

#41 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

i think every corporation has been hacked, its nothing these days. didn't some russians steal 2 billion passwords last week? I'm sure every electronic device or service you use has been hacked.

#42 Posted by Zaibach (13457 posts) -

There was nothing to forgive, I was never going to buy their console, DRM or not, all they id was vindicate my stance on MS' philosophy and ethos. I love their Windows stuff tbh.

#43 Posted by Mystery_Writer (7939 posts) -

My main gripe was the underwhelming hardware performance. And that ship has sailed this gen for MS. PS4 is the smart choice.

#44 Posted by Basinboy (11243 posts) -

For the Xbox One? Yes.

For doing all they can to murder PC Gaming and monopolize the gaming sector? Never.

#45 Edited by Heirren (17361 posts) -

People should just go buy a wiiu, build a pc, and tell both ms and sony to go f themselves. Shoving all this nonsense down peoples throat, releasing weak hardware, jabbing back and fourth, timed exclusives, only on, first on, hd remaster, fees, restrictions, weak hardware, spyware, sequels, last gen game design, and updates..............bunch a fkn bullshit if you ask me.

#46 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Heirren said:

People should just go buy a wiiu, build a pc, and tell both ms and sony to go f themselves. Shoving all this nonsense down peoples throat, releasing weak hardware, jabbing back and fourth, timed exclusives, only on, first on, hd remaster, fees, restrictions, weak hardware, spyware, sequels, last gen game design, and updates..............bunch a fkn bullshit if you ask me.

yeah......

#47 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (6235 posts) -

I never really had a problem with them... But I'm very impressed with what they're doing now anyway. So much so that for the first time in a while I'm more excited for the future of my Xbox then my PS.

#48 Edited by monson21502 (8071 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

i bought the xb1 first. sony still hasnt made me want to buy a ps4. these systems aint cheap so i could see people not wanting a xbox 1 if they bought a ps4. maybe next year it might change for both sides

#49 Posted by Cloud_imperium (3724 posts) -

As a PC gamer , I have no respect for M$ . Just when I thought , things may get better , they pulled TR on us . Even if it comes out on PC , it is still shameful for being a timed exclusive . So much for "supporting PC" in the future .

#50 Posted by monson21502 (8071 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@xhawk27 said:

i think every corporation has been hacked, its nothing these days. didn't some russians steal 2 billion passwords last week? I'm sure every electronic device or service you use has been hacked.

thing about that is... sony released countless updates almost every week to prevent their system from being modded they even took features away from the ps3 that could let it play modded games. sony covered their own backs and left our CC , street addres and other info wide open. that way worse then saying you are gonna do something on ur system then change it before the system even launches. i bet if sony had the same plans they would not have changed it . look at PS now. its high way robbery and they got the nerve to say EA`s deal is a total rip off . thats just how sony is. i for 1 cant stand anything they do anymore i can see right threw em