Do you enjoy easy games?

  • 135 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
#101 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

#102 Posted by ShadowsDemon (10164 posts) -

No, I don't. Lack of a challenge bores me, to be honest.

#103 Posted by happyduds77 (1488 posts) -

Yes I do enjoy them as long as they're fun.

#104 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@happyduds77 said:

Yes I do enjoy them as long as they're fun.

that's what its all about isn't it

#105 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72480 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

Same here, i like the different genre's and gameplay in all games. So the difficulty doesn't really bother me as long as it isn't game breaking for me

#106 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

Same here, i like the different genre's and gameplay in all games. So the difficulty doesn't really bother me as long as it isn't game breaking for me

what games are you playing at the moment bruh.

#107 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4520 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

I just enjoy a game if it's fun.

Yeah, and there's a time and place for anything in gaming.

#108 Edited by HalcyonScarlet (4520 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere said:

The Arkham games are super easy, but that doesn't mean that they aren't fun.

Yeah, they're the definition of an easy game I want to play. They do have their moments like when you're trying to get certain medals or when your trying to unlock that bastard Injustice costume while there's still some single player left to play it with.

#109 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

I play different games for different reasons. I make stealth games as hard as possible, because the tension is the whole point. Other games, like the excellent 'Gone Home' I just picked up on Steam, had zero challenge, and was tremendous. Journey is another example of a low challenge game that it's just fun to experience. So yeah, I enjoy games that aren't challenging... different games have different things to say. Some encourage player skill and mastery, some encourage introspection and emotional progression. Neither is superior in my book.

#110 Edited by Krelian-co (11216 posts) -

It's irrelevant to me as long as they are fun, Assassin's Creed 2 is ridiculously easy but i enjoyed it a lot. I do tend to play on harder difficulties if i have the chance.

#111 Posted by SecretPolice (22243 posts) -

Easy and sleazy for me. :P

#112 Posted by stizzal13 (602 posts) -

Yeah, I enjoy easy games. Difficulty is just one part of the equation. For example, I enjoy the newer Super Mario titles, and I find them fairly easy. A game does not have to be challenging to be good. Aspects such as graphics, gameplay, level design, and story can make up for a lack of challenge.

#113 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72480 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

Same here, i like the different genre's and gameplay in all games. So the difficulty doesn't really bother me as long as it isn't game breaking for me

what games are you playing at the moment bruh.

Just finished Arkham Origins half an hour ago

#114 Posted by blackace (20890 posts) -

@Gue1: I like a game that's hard, but playable. There are some games that are way to hard and kills it's playability. There have been some fighting games that make me want to throw my controller through the screen.

#115 Edited by sneslover (935 posts) -

I like easy games when they're story heavy, or light hearted, as it doesn't get in the way. On regular games, I like medium difficulty, without cheap shots.

Frustrating games have no place in modern gaming other than a niche indie game. It's just not enjoyable at all to keep failing at a game.

#116 Edited by Hobiron (47 posts) -

I enjoy all kind of games really. However, i don't like when the game is ridiculously hard just for the sake of being hard, ugh, like all the indie crepe.

#117 Posted by Senor_Kami (8429 posts) -

It depends. I don't go into Walking Dead, Heavy Rain, Beyond, etc because I want to obtain joypad mastery. Those games aren't about that and honestly when any game shit pops up that isn't making a decision I get kind frustrated (mainly because those games do game stuff pretty poorly imo, mostly talking about Walking Dead, and all it does it take away from the storytelling).

On the other hand, I would never want to play like Marvel vs Capcom 3 or Bayonetta on the automatic/easy setting. Unlike the titles mentioned above, those games are all about joypad mastery. That's the entire point of them. That's where the bulk of the effort went to in creating it. Hell, a lot of pure mechanics games don't really even have a story or the story is like Mario where the sole purpose of it is to send you from level to the next in a way that's a slither away from being completely random.

#118 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17784 posts) -

I like my games the way I like my women. Difficult and challenging.

#119 Edited by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

Same here, i like the different genre's and gameplay in all games. So the difficulty doesn't really bother me as long as it isn't game breaking for me

what games are you playing at the moment bruh.

Just finished Arkham Origins half an hour ago

Cool what will u be playing next.

#120 Posted by 001011000101101 (3989 posts) -

Yup. Being good at video games is not a skill worth pursuing, so I prefer games that lets me enjoy the story and world without dying every five minutes.

#121 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72480 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

Same here, i like the different genre's and gameplay in all games. So the difficulty doesn't really bother me as long as it isn't game breaking for me

what games are you playing at the moment bruh.

Just finished Arkham Origins half an hour ago

Cool what will u be playing next.

Don't know, probably Max Payne 3

#122 Posted by heguain (669 posts) -

I enjoy good games.

#123 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3804 posts) -

Define what exactly makes a game easy.... I mean is it easy because you, me, or another person say it's easy? Also, most games these days have a difficulty slider... most games CAN be played on Easy, Average, Hard, and some even have "extreme", "nightmare", or "legendary" modes....

I find that most people say games are "easy" when they have NEVER played it (and likely never will), or they automatically set the game to its most simple setting... It is like a 6 year old claiming ownage on others because they own and play one system over another..... oh... wait, almost forgot where I was here... heh ;)

Some genres are "easier" for some people than others. Now if you are talking about games like kids games that might be a different story if you are an adult. At least it probably should be...

#124 Posted by parkurtommo (27251 posts) -

I like hard games, I like easy games, they're all the same for me lol.

#125 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16793 posts) -

I enjoy both easy games (as long as the core gameplay is fun) and hard games (as long as the game is ultimately fair). I love Dark Souls but I also enjoy a good Kirby game every once in a while.

#126 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (13746 posts) -

@stizzal13

Thats "Compenstation Desgin" and its what got Naughty Dog through the entire 7th Gen.

Naughty Dog = "Something wrong with the gameplay ? No problem, just cover it up with Story and Graphics and Extreme die hard fanboyism..... nobody will notice" oh yeah ?... Well I noticed you lazy bastards !

#127 Edited by Dasein808 (533 posts) -

I'm typically less concerned with games' difficulty and more concerned with their complexity, depth, and replayability; although I do still enjoy the simplicity of fighting games and platformers on occasion.

A perfect example of the type of complexity and depth I refer to would be Europa Universalis IV. It's like Civilization on steroids.

The EU series is the type of game that console players hate (primarily because they've never had the opportunity to play a grand strategy game), but many PC gamers love. It's overflowing with historical information, map overlays, graphs, and an intricately formed balance of technology, political policy, trade, and strategic warfare fought by the TC's hated "faceless" armies.

I'll take that type of game over any cinematic, AAA, cliche story driven title.

#128 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Depends, some times i like to play something like Walking Dead, and sometimes i like playing a game on hard. So it really depends, but i don't mind them

Yeah it depends on the game but most of the time i play on Normal mode.

Same here, i like the different genre's and gameplay in all games. So the difficulty doesn't really bother me as long as it isn't game breaking for me

what games are you playing at the moment bruh.

Just finished Arkham Origins half an hour ago

Cool what will u be playing next.

Don't know, probably Max Payne 3

Hey wouldn't it be cool if Rockstar announce a new Max Payne game that would really make my day.

#129 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72480 posts) -

@sukraj: My brother loved the hell out of the first two Max Payne games, and i really liked them aswell. I really didn't like the nightmare chapters. But good games. I think we're going to see a Red Dead 2, before we see a Max Payne 4

#130 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7428 posts) -

An occasional easy game will do. I also enjoy easy women.

#131 Posted by coasterguy65 (6028 posts) -

I enjoy games with great game play, and a good story. Usually I play through the first time on Normal or Easy. That way I can experience the game, exploring, and the story. If I like the game I will play through it on harder levels for the challenge. I've never felt the need to prove how "hardcore" I am by jumping into difficult settings or games.

#132 Posted by intotheminx (703 posts) -

I use to love difficult games when I was younger. I don't have time for that nonsense now. I like to get to the point lol.

#133 Posted by EmpiresDownfall (62 posts) -

As long as Im having fun, it doesnt matter to me. I loved Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, and right now Im playing Dark Souls 2 and loving it. I will say this though, about DS2, it seems a hell of alot easier than the original. Im 11 hours into it and already SL63. In the first one I have 35 hours into it, and Im only SL53 I think.

#134 Posted by TheFlush (5573 posts) -

I am 34 now and I don't always enjoy stressful gaming experiences, especially not after a stressful day at work. I find myself gravitating towards more easygoing games now. I also don't enjoy games that take 100+ hours to complete anymore, I don't want such a time sink these days. A 10 to 15 hour game is fine by me.

#135 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj: My brother loved the hell out of the first two Max Payne games, and i really liked them aswell. I really didn't like the nightmare chapters. But good games. I think we're going to see a Red Dead 2, before we see a Max Payne 4

Yeah I enjoyed the first 2 max payne games too and yeah the nightmare chapters in the first game sucks.I haven't played red dead its just not my type of game bruv.

#136 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72480 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@sukraj: My brother loved the hell out of the first two Max Payne games, and i really liked them aswell. I really didn't like the nightmare chapters. But good games. I think we're going to see a Red Dead 2, before we see a Max Payne 4

Yeah I enjoyed the first 2 max payne games too and yeah the nightmare chapters in the first game sucks.I haven't played red dead its just not my type of game bruv.

I bought it a while ago, my brother loved that game